You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Crime Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 178179180181182 332>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 10:38pm
Good news stories only on Rte when it comes to Balbriggan which is a multicultural success story. Something like that anyway. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

A gang of scrotes were acting the scum down near the IFSC and that wasn't on RTE either but do go on an insinuate thar the reason RTE didn't report the stuff in Balbriggan was because they were non white

What happened here then?

Edited by BigPodge - 10 Aug 2020 at 10:42pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

A gang of scrotes were acting the scum down near the IFSC and that wasn't on RTE either but do go on an insinuate thar the reason RTE didn't report the stuff in Balbriggan was because they were non white

What happened here then?

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

What happened here then?
Happened down at Spencer Dock/Guild Street beside the canal on the green area. Been gangs of local Sheriff Street yoofs fighting and acting, as Denis says, the scum for a while now
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

That would explain why it wasn't on RTE.
What do you mean by that?

Don't expect an answer

Conspiracy theorists love this sort of sh*t

What's very much not a conspiracy theory is that there is a large online far right presence desperately searching and scouring the internet for any incident involving black people and then when they find one, they all pile on and amplify it to 11 - specifically to generalise about and vilify Ireland's entire black population 

The Irish far right has a massively outsized online presence - I'd bet anything pretty every one of those fringe nut job groups is highly active online - and is doing its damnedest to create a US style white race war

They will target white working class relentlessly in an effort to divide and conquer

They will stick at this for years until they succeed 

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance and the online sphere is wide open and being abused by bad faith bigots 

It's mad that we've had so many examples of what can happen from abroad and yet there is still unbelievable complacency about the potential for the rise of the far right here

It's high time major social media networks had a verification system to prove that the person behind it is an actual real human - or even force somebody to put a real face and a real name to their tweets so they can be traced easily - that would not be ideal either but it might help to stop this sort of far right astro-turfing
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 10:57pm
Putting those toerags on the news only glorifies their thuggery, be they black or white!
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Don't expect an answer

What's very much not a conspiracy theory is that there is a large online far right presence desperately searching and scouring the internet for any incident involving black people and then when they find one, they all pile on and amplify it to 11 - specifically to generalise about and vilify Ireland's entire black population 

The Irish far right has a massively outsized online presence - I'd bet anything pretty every one of those fringe nut job groups is highly active online - and is doing its damnedest to create a US style white race war

They will target white working class relentlessly in an effort to divide and conquer

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance and the online sphere is wide open and being abused by bad faith bigots 

It's mad that we've had so many examples of what can happen from abroad and yet there is still unbelievable complacency about the potential for the rise of the far right here

It's high time major social media networks had a verification system to prove that the person behind it is an actual real human - or even force somebody to put a real face and a real name to their tweets so they can be traced easily - that would not be ideal either but it might help to stop this sort of far right astro-turfing
Sid I agree with some of your points but not I honestly don't think the far right has s chance of catching on here. Look at election results for candidates, look at sentiment surveys carried out. 

Is there a racist element in irish society? Yes, no doubt like anywhere but i think it's very much in the minority. 

I think the majority of irish society realise globalisation has been good for us.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Don't expect an answer

Sid I agree with some of your points but not I honestly don't think the far right has s chance of catching on here. Look at election results for candidates, look at sentiment surveys carried out. 

Is there a racist element in irish society? Yes, no doubt like anywhere but i think it's very much in the minority. 

I think the majority of irish society realise globalisation has been good for us.
Peter Casey, Noel Grealish, Verona Murphy, and the "tell ih like ih is" rural independents say otherwise

If you include transfers, Gemtrails got over 10k votes in Dublin in the European elections which is frightening

Sinn Fein are currently a safety valve

They are one of very few nationalist parties anywhere who run on a "left" platform, the SNP and the Esquerra Republicana de Catalunya are the only other two I can think of Europe, the other Catalan nationalist party is more like Fine Gael in economic terms I think

Sinn Fein hoover up the sort of vote which in other countries goes to crackpot far right parties, your Le Pens, Salvinis, AFDs, UKIPs, Trump etc.

If Sinn Fein get into government, do badly and then get a kicking at the polls, that safety valve would be removed 

Internet brain rot is a real thing and sadly we will see that creep more and more into politics here as the years go on
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 11:28pm

Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Don't expect an answer

Peter Casey, Noel Grealish, Verona Murphy, and the "tell ih like ih is" rural independents say otherwise

If you include transfers, Gemtrails got over 10k votes in Dublin in the European elections which is frightening

Sinn Fein are currently a safety valve

They are one of very few nationalist parties anywhere who run on a "left" platform, the SNP and the Esquerra Republicana de Catalunya are the only other two I can think of Europe, the other Catalan nationalist party is more like Fine Gael in economic terms I think

Sinn Fein hoover up the sort of vote which in other countries goes to crackpot far right parties, your Le Pens, Salvinis, AFDs, UKIPs, Trump etc.

If Sinn Fein get into government, do badly and then get a kicking at the polls, that safety valve would be removed 

Internet brain rot is a real thing and sadly we will see that creep more and more into politics here as the years go on
That YouTube vid of a crowd outside the GPO berating an antifa protest was a little alarmimg..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 11:43pm
What was the topic here again ?
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 11:59pm
Crime. Petrol bombing someones house falls into that category. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 12:07am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

That YouTube vid of a crowd outside the GPO berating an antifa protest was a little alarmimg..
The far right have a very dangerous strategy indeed

Reaction, reaction, reaction, say anything that will get a reaction

They don't care if people are laughing at them because at least people are paying attention to them

All publicity is good publicity and all that

And everybody here, me included, has laughed at them and voluntarily posted material involving them to laugh at

If they're ignored they claim they're being "silenced"

They don't care about people laughing at them because they can't be shamed, the ideology is already shameful, its like you can't defame somebody who already has a terrible reputation but actually uses that terrible reputation as a selling point

Look at Trump - the grotesqueness and hate is the point

They use anecdotes as data - ie. grotesque generalisations

They use simplistic slogans and "talking points"

Like all fascists they wrap themselves in the national flag - the irony of fascism is that it's a completely imported ideology which always claims to the true representation of the particular country involved, that only they are looking out for the interests of the country and everybody else is a traitor

They are no doubt very well funded and have an army of real people who spend all their time online (says me) pushing all this stuff, as well as legions of bots, look at the comments under tweets by any prominent Irish politician or journalist, look at the comment sections of online newspapers and news content

Look at boards.ie - the After Hours and Current Affairs forums are totally infested with far right trolling scum and mods just let them away with it

Even if the extreme far right aren't successful, and obviously Gemtrails is unlikely to herself get into a position of any power in this country ever - they move the window of what's considered acceptable discourse so a more polished version of what is essentially the same bigotry could take hold

As the media people consume becomes more international, an international cabal of these bastards gains in prominence, helped by states which want to undermine liberal democracy, most obviously Russia, and China's possible future actions in this regard will be interesting

The funding streams really need to be exposed but who's really going to properly investigate it in this country? Irish journalism is being cut to the bone

O'Doherty is aiming for that Alex Jones/Paul Joseph Watson space and she's aiming even more for the international market of crackpots I think than she is at the Irish market

This stuff can be really seductive to young people who are not media literate and who love certainty and portrayals of strength and certainty of opinion

Even among my admittedly limited circle of friends I can think of a good few sitting ducks

Media literacy is likely to decline further in the coming years with social media becoming the main source of news, if indeed it's not already, I think it is

Gript is a clear attempt to create an Irish Breitbart 

I don't keep track of this that much but my impression is that there is a growth in Irish far right YouTube channels/vloggers and the people who operate them are fairly skilled propagandists

We already have an all angles war on truth worldwide

Expect a mass peddling of easy, simplistic and hate filled answers to claim many converts in Ireland in the years ahead

My bet is that Paddy Cosgrave will gravitate towards a more polished version of such a movement, he has all the hallmarks of a budding Irish demagogue

daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 12:12am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

It absolutely does reddladd, and so does roaming around in feral gangs terrorizing residents in different localities, funny how certain quarters are quiet on this carry on Wink
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 12:30am
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

It absolutely does reddladd, and so does roaming around in feral gangs terrorizing residents in different localities, funny how certain quarters are quiet on this carry on Wink
At least have the guts to say what you really mean - because it's obvious

It's the Gemtrails narrative - that black young people are inherently criminal, on the basis of individual incidents which are deliberately highly publicised by the far right with the specific aim of demonising all black people, especially black young people and especially black young men

That's the exact same thing that happened in late 19th century America - where the image of black young men as marauding rapists and criminals was deliberately cultivated by white politicians and media and basically the whole of official white America, in order to create a racial caste system with blacks at the bottom

Blacks have never escaped this deliberately stereotyped, racist image 

This is exactly what O'Doherty and the entirety of the Irish far right and other dog whistlers are trying to do 

Don't think some people can't see right though it

And none of this is being an apologist for crime - it's statin' the bleedin' obvious about the black experience of being the target of vicious racists out for their own cynical gain, who deliberately portrayed them as sub-human throughout human history

What the far right is trying to do to black people and Muslims in Ireland is no different

It's also what mainstream Irish society has done to Travellers - as a society, we have a right blind spot for the aul' racism, don't we

Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 8:38am
I just find it funny that sid acuses anyone else of high online presence. I don't think he's put his keyboard down for months. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

I just find it funny that sid acuses anyone else of high online presence. I don't think he's put his keyboard down for months. 

he needs to get himself a job or a new w**king toy 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

he needs to get himself a job or a new w**king toy 

Were you able to get one in extra small 
AKA pedantic kunt
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 9:28am

If you read my post I made a self-deprecating joke about such

Also, I don't spend my time online trying to provoke a white race war against ethnic minorities

However there are people in this country who are doing that and they are very dangerous
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 178179180181182 332>
  Share Topic