You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Words/phrases that annoy the sh*t outta you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 25262728>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

"It is what it is". 

Oh really, is it now?

There's me thinking it was something completely f**king different but many thanks for putting me right.

Just saw this. Drives me mad!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

"It is what it is". 

Oh really, is it now?

There's me thinking it was something completely f**king different but many thanks for putting me right.

It is ridiculous and appears to have come from nowhere. At the risk of repeating myself, I’m sure I have mentioned it before, but all Americanisms can get in the sea. ‘My bad’ is still the worst of all, but it has close competition.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

"It is what it is". 

Oh really, is it now?

It is ridiculous and appears to have come from nowhere. At the risk of repeating myself, I’m sure I have mentioned it before, but all Americanisms can get in the sea. ‘My bad’ is still the worst of all, but it has close competition.

Love island

Don’t pretend you don’t know that
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I think I posted this up on here before, but the amount of Northern people who write "off" instead of "of" is criminal.

A fair few Nordies that post on here do it regularly.

In regard to sportsmen you have Shane Duffy, Paddy Barnes, Paddy McCourt, James McClean etc at it the whole time on Twitter. 

Granted they wouldn't be the sharpest tools in the box but point still stands LOL

Really? Out the b@stards.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

"It is what it is". 

Oh really, is it now?

Love island

Don’t pretend you don’t know that
I didn’t and would doubt it too. I feel it is around longer than that show has been, despite being recent.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 10:57pm
From the get-go was annoying from the start,
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

From the get-go was annoying from the start,
Incredibly! I have to ask people why they say it! It is longer than saying ‘start’, complicates things and is incredibly annoying. It is like they want to irritate! Usually they don’t seem to have the intelligence for that though.

‘Head’s up’ is another one of a similar ilk. Angry
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 6:32am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I think I posted this up on here before, but the amount of Northern people who write "off" instead of "of" is criminal.

A fair few Nordies that post on here do it regularly.

In regard to sportsmen you have Shane Duffy, Paddy Barnes, Paddy McCourt, James McClean etc at it the whole time on Twitter. 

Granted they wouldn't be the sharpest tools in the box but point still stands LOL

not just Nordies. I see it loads on social media. Drives me f**king mad
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 5:42pm
'Give your head a wobble'. When did this become the default response of idiots to anything they disagree with? 
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 5:51pm
The of/have thing drives me nuts.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 5:54pm
Think Heff mentioned it before but the new meaning behind the word 'dropped' is absolutely up there with the most annoying.  The new Chelsea shirt dropped today.  f**k right off.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 5:57pm
Also, the misusage of the exclamation mark. It should be used after words like "yahoo!" or "shazam!". It definitely should not be used after RIP. For.....f**ks....sake.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Also, the misusage of the exclamation mark. It should be used after words like "yahoo!" or "shazam!". It definitely should not be used after RIP. For.....f**ks....sake.
'RIP' gets on my tits a bit. It doesn't make any sense. Do people not understand what dead means?
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Think Heff mentioned it before but the new meaning behind the word 'dropped' is absolutely up there with the most annoying.  The new Chelsea shirt dropped today.  f**k right off.
I like such terminology for the very reason it winds Heff up
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 9:41pm
The new phrase you have to use when a player goes past another who slides in or ends up on his backside somehow - he sits him down 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 10:37pm
AIB ad on the radio. We are backing brave. What the fock is backing brave? Geebag banks
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 10:55pm
The milk drink company Yazoo seem to given Spotify a ton of money lately for constant adverts.

If I hear that f**king "shake it uuuuuuuppppp" advert one more f**king time ..........
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

The milk drink company Yazoo seem to given Spotify a ton of money lately for constant adverts.

If I hear that f**king "shake it uuuuuuuppppp" advert one more f**king time ..........

That's You and Me Both
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 25262728>
  Share Topic