Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394 163>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 10:15pm
Hopefully he doesn't go on rant about the players and fai and get himself sacked
Sponsored Links

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 1:17am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Hopefully he doesn't go on rant about the players and fai and get himself sacked

Confused
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 7:06am
ffs lass

Would've loved to have been a fly on the wall when O'Neill reprimanded him for him for namedropping and criticising McGeady publicly after the Belarus game. I assume O'Neill did tell him apologize.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 7:14am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

On the other hand I hope he lets fly Nuke
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 9:45am
You`d have to wonder what the future holds for Roy Keane.
I`d be amazed if he manages in the Premier League again.
He`ll probably end up being a number 2, a bit like a terrier, he`s real good around people for the most part but occasionally he has to be reigned in when he starts barking too much.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

He`ll probably end up being a number 2, a bit like a terrier, he`s real good around people for the most part but occasionally he has to be reigned in when he starts barking too much.

I've a feeling he's better suited to being a number 2 and can be a very effective one if he's harnessed properly like he is in the Irish set up.

O'Neill is no wilting violet and he really is the perfect mentor for Keane.

What's interesting about Keane is you'd get a false impression that he's a law onto himself and no one could tame him but I asked Alan McLoughlin a few years ago what Keane was like as a teammate and was surprised to hear that Keane really looked up to himself and Townsend in the team. Keane wouldn't pull any strops or try anything against them. The picture McLaughlin painted was Keane is actually  maybe not submissive but completely indebted/duty-bound to a certain type of authority figure like Clough wherea's I suppose he'd have seen McCarthy as a Charlton puppet so would have no respect for him as opposed to someone like Clough who was a law unto himself.

I think O'Neill has this power over Keane that he responds positively to and it has definitely benefitted the team. There's a steal about this workmanlike Ireland team that I've never seen even under Trap/McCarthy whereas we look more likely to score last minute goals then concede them, more likely to win in tough places than come out with a moral victory or 'heroic' draw.

Edited by irishmufc - 15 Mar 2017 at 10:24am
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 11:03am
Headlines in thr papers tomorrow:
"Muff calls Keane 'O'Neill's Bitch'
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 11:19am
LOL
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 10:13am
Decent interview with Roy, doesn't give much away but honest in terms of what he likes and dislikes about his job

http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/Off_The_Ball/The_Football_Show_on_Off_The_Ball/183783/Roy_Keane_The_OTB_interview__the_Man_City_postmortem
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 10:18am

i have no doubt he will be a premier league manager again. he has great self awareness, has realised his previous short comings in management and worked on them. i think it is a quality alot of managers lack. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

i have no doubt he will be a premier league manager again. he has great self awareness, has realised his previous short comings in management and worked on them. i think it is a quality alot of managers lack. 

I think the jury is still out on Keane's pedigree as a manager. Might be more suited to a lower EPL workmanlike club but doubt his next managerial position would be in the EPL. I'd say a championship club would be most likely to come in for him.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

I think the jury is still out on Keane's pedigree as a manager. Might be more suited to a lower EPL workmanlike club but doubt his next managerial position would be in the EPL. I'd say a championship club would be most likely to come in for him.
I`d agree the only way I can see Keane managing in the EPL again is if he gets a Championship club promoted or he does a stellar job with a small L1 or Championship club.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 4:27pm
Keano on SSN when asked by a young girl is MON his best friend he said no his best friends were in Cork but he got on well with MON probably because we don't see each other much!
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 11:45am
Keano getting linked Melbourne city job.

Edited by Double Maxim - 04 May 2017 at 11:46am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Keano getting linked Melbourne city job.

Not sure if he would want to up root his family to the otherside of the world. On the other hand Melbourne is definitely one of the most livable cities in the world.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 12:41pm
There is no way that Roy could handle Australians, not a hope!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

so true
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

LOLLOLLOLLOL

Talking of hard men is it true Mick Kennedy of Portsmouth was banned/dropped by JC after that infamous tournament in Iceland?
Apparently the Czechs complained that he had elbowed one of their players in the mouth.

When JC went into the oppositions dressing room the lad had no teeth left in his mouth.
JC never picked him again although we did have Sheedy & Galvin back in the day.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394 163>
  Share Topic