URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=46438
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 1:47am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Roy Keane
Posted By: RogerMilla
Subject: Roy Keane
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 10:26am
Hopefully this will become clearer this week,
From off the ball over the weekend a writer from sunderland said neither Keane or MON are tracksuit managers, will walford then completely run the training sessions ?
the journo dismissed walford as the Gene Hunt of coaching LOL

what exactly will keane do ? scout players for sure, help pick the team for sure,
perhaps he will get more involved in actually coaching in this role ?

Idont want this to descend into saipan i want a discussion on the role itself of assistant manager to MON. from what i saw in wimbledon on that sunday morning tardelli did absolutely nothing except have the craic with everyone.

will move any saipan or negative stuff to the other thread so dont bother.

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Replies:
Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 10:30am
I honestly haven't a clue what his role is going to be. As you said it doesn't seem like he'll be getting his hands dirty with training and when it comes to picking the team O'Neill will have the final say.

It seems like he's getting paid 500k to be no more than a consultant and perhaps someone O'Neill can bounce ideas off of.

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 10:32am
from what i heard on the radio that it was MON who raised his name as assistant so MON himself deffo has an idea of what he wants him to do.

-------------

Posted By: The E
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 10:33am
I've a feeling they'll more than likely be joint managers similar to Evans and Houllier. I hope i'm wrong though

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 10:35am
Originally posted by The E The E wrote:

I've a feeling they'll more than likely be joint managers similar to Evans and Houllier. I hope i'm wrong though

that was a complete mess, no chance i reckon.

-------------

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 10:35am
Think his ITV punditry will have a massive influence on half-time talks, O'Neill isn't the greatest of motivators when things are going bleak.

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 10:37am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

that was a complete mess, no chance i reckon.

That's the way I see it.

Both men are their own men so too speak.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:02am
lads this isnt about sunderland , its about keanes role

-------------

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:06am
Im confused to as to KEanes role as well Milla. I cant see him putting out the cones in Malahide like i said before. So if he is not actually running the training sessions is he just going to be standing beside O'Neill watching and every now and then say something??

Also bit of a silly point but assistant managers dont usually wear suits to the games. O'Neill doesnt so I presume Keane will have to waer a tracksuit aswell. It would be bloody hilarious if Keane turns up in a suit and the's O'NEill looking like the asisstant in his trackieLOL

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Im confused to as to KEanes role as well Milla. I cant see him putting out the cones in Malahide like i said before. So if he is not actually running the training sessions is he just going to be standing beside O'Neill watching and every now and then say something??

Also bit of a silly point but assistant managers dont usually wear suits to the games. O'Neill doesnt so I presume Keane will have to waer a tracksuit aswell. It would be bloody hilarious if Keane turns up in a suit and the's O'NEill looking like the asisstant in his trackieLOL

It's little stuff like that which will be strange. When they emerge from the tunnel next week all the focus will be on our assistant manager. 

Posted By: Just saying like
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:10am

Yeah.  You are 100% right TJ.  I heard from a reliable source that the only reason the contracts are not signed and an official announcement made is because they are struggling to get the finer points of the dress code agreed in a form that will satisfy all concerned.  I hope they get it right or we could be faced with a real disaster

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Just saying like Just saying like wrote:

Yeah.  You are 100% right TJ.  I heard from a reliable source that the only reason the contracts are not signed and an official announcement made is because they are struggling to get the finer points of the dress code agreed in a form that will satisfy all concerned.  I hope they get it right or we could be faced with a real disaster

+1

-------------

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:13am
what did liam brady or tardelli do? In the history of fottball, i have never witnessed such a curiosity about the role of an assistant manager.

the management team is going to be keane,mc donagh, walford, and guppy. I think keane may have some great input in terms of grass roots, he himself was a victim of the flaws in the system at youth level. 

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

what did liam brady or tardelli do? In the history of fottball, i have never witnessed such a curiosity about the role of an assistant manager.

the management team is going to be keane,mc donagh, walford, and guppy. I think keane may have some great input in terms of grass roots, he himself was a victim of the flaws in the system at youth level. 

I think we can be certain this will not be part of his brief.

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:15am

Keane will have to go with Mick McCarthy look in shorts Wink

I rate Keane tactically, whilst I really don't with O'Neill - He's far too stubborn and sworn by the 
4-4-1-1 formation while Keane is a 4-4-2 guy so Keane might have something to offer then but other than that as said before his ITV punditry - Half time talks or performance reviewing is the only other things I can think he can do.

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:17am

in the history of football LOL eh its a thread with 10 posts LOL

I told you already i think tardelli did fck all, whats wrong with wanting to know what MON has in store for him ? perfectly valid question.

also i am not the only one who thinks things started to go TU with Trap when brady left.....

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:21am

Keane couldn't give a rats ass about grass roots football in this country - sure he didn't watch the senior side when they were playing either.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: rolo
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:21am

I told you already i think tardelli did fck all, whats wrong with wanting to know what MON has in store for him ? perfectly valid question.

also i am not the only one who thinks things started to go TU with Trap when brady left.....

eh he's clearly talking about all the discussion on the other thread with 199 pages of posts

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:22am

why is that?

-------------

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:22am
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

eh he's clearly talking about all the discussion on the other thread with 199 pages of posts

not exactly james mccarthy to scotland though is it ?

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:23am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Keane couldn't give a rats ass about grass roots football in this country - sure he didn't watch the senior side when they were playing either.

how do you know? 

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:25am

That thread was only about 130 pages when The Count deleted it!

The new management team has generated more discussion than anything else Ireland-related since Saipan. Definitely the most exciting development since then, personnel wise.

-------------

Confused, 95% of the concern is in relation to the asistant manager and what his exact role will be... do you think the thread is the first time his role had been questioned???

-------------

how do you know? 

Too busy walking his dogs or being a pundit on ITV.

I also think that it's up to Ruud Doktar to develop grass roots football and not MON or RK.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:26am
same sort of hysteria and bullsh*t in that James McCarthy thread tho, as Im reading in the Next Manager thread. As always, some lads just love to have something to complain about

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:27am

why is that?

Why would Keane have  input into grass roots football when Liam Brady, someone who has actually experience working in youth development didn't have any input?

All the lads will be concerned about is looking after the senior team and trying to achieve the best possible results.

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:29am

how do you know? 

I also think that it's up to Ruud Doktar to develop grass roots football and not MON or RK.

very insightful response, cheers Confused

You can be sure keane won't be in his chesire pad watching dvds of week old games.

Yeah its Dokters role, but who says keane can't have an input. Keane is a world class player who fell through the cracks at grass roots, do you honestly think dokter would not be interested in anything he has to say about it? 

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:31am
"It's (about) the winning of the football games. I don't think any international manager has to concern himself with a long-term future. If he's part of something that he sets up, well and good, but he has to win football matches."

- Martin O'Neill, Sept 2013

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:32am

how do you know? 

You can be sure keane won't be in his chesire pad watching dvds of week old games.

Yeah its Dokters role, but who says keane can't have an input. Keane is a world class player who fell through the cracks at grass roots, do you honestly think dokter would not be interested in anything he has to say about it? 

What makes you think Keane will get up off his arse and go watching games anyway?

He never showed any interest in the side in the last 10 years or so, apart from taking cheap shots at the players.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:34am

how do you know? 

What makes you think Keane will get up off his arse and go watching games anyway?

He never showed any interest in the side in the last 10 years or so, apart from taking cheap shots at the players.

In the past few years he was paid to give an opinion on television. In the next few years he's getting paid to assist Martin O'Neill and he'll give everything to the cause.

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:34am
At the least it will guarantee a professional set up. 

Wont be any more of this teapot malarky. 

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:36am

how do you know? 

what makes you think he won't? Are you trying to allude that Roy keane is lazy LOLLOL

Cheap shots, anything he said was an honest and correct assertion. Name one cheap shot at a player he made which was unfounded?

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:37am

because it will be his job ,

2 different factions in here and both are blinded

some cant get keanes dick out of their mouths and the others are too biased to give him any respect at all.

i am interested to see what he will do , oneill asked for him i believe, they might give this a right go.
its exciting times and lads cannot enjoy it becuase they are too busy defending their hero / too busy sl*gging off their hate figure.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:38am

Cheap shots, anything he said was an honest and correct assertion. Name one cheap shot at a player he made which was unfounded?

clive clarke , absolute disgrace what he said when the lad nearly died.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:39am
Exactly milla. These are exciting times as an Ireland supporter.
I actually cant wait for the games now

-------------

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:39am

clive clarke , absolute disgrace what he said when the lad nearly died.

that was out of order to be fair. but i'm taking about criticising the irish team, and irish players (involved in the teaM) in particular.

-------------

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:42am

how do you know? 

Brian Kerr said the exact opposite to what HB said there in his interview on RTE yesterday. He said his knowledge of Irish players and underage players and amateur players was excellent and that was when he was a player. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:42am

because it will be his job ,

2 different factions in here and both are blinded

some cant get keanes dick out of their mouths and the others are too biased to give him any respect at all.

i am interested to see what he will do , oneill asked for him i believe, they might give this a right go.
its exciting times and lads cannot enjoy it becuase they are too busy defending their hero / too busy sl*gging off their hate figure.

Talking sense Clap. Personally I don't think it's the right appointment but I'm not going to dismiss the new management team entirely without seeing what they have to say/do first.

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:43am
How about this -

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/roy-keane-points-the-finger-at-given-and-mcshane-26584236.html

You win as a team and lose as a team, not too mention the cheap shots at Given and his caps.

God forbid a players wants to come and play for his country.

Given unlike Keane never walked out on his country or feigned injury in order to avoid playing for his country.

These comments from Keane were out of order and unnecessary.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:45am
Why wasn't Liam Brady offered the Doks job btw ?

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:48am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Why wasn't Liam Brady offered the Doks job btw ?

I'd imagine his commitment to Arsenal

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:50am

Given unlike Keane never walked out on his country or feigned injury in order to avoid playing for his country.

No but he feigned fitness in order to avoid being benched for a match. Equally as inexcusable in my opinion.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:52am

No but he feigned fitness in order to avoid being benched for a match. Equally as inexcusable in my opinion.

Quite right there the Rolo. He put himself before the good of the country. 

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:52am
I was very impressed with the Dok as you call him yesterday.  His knowledge of coaching was unreal and a great view of the game. I left having chatted to him for the guts of 40 miniutes very impressed with him. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:54am
It remains to be seen exactly what Keane will bring, but I will keep an open mind and hope that it will be Roy the motivational captain persona, rather than Roy the bully and not so successful manager.
We also know that Roy has often not been so tolerant of 'auld stalwarts, which to some extent, has been one of O'Neill's failings, so perhaps this will be one negative or positive (depending on who's viewing it) that Keane will bring.

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:54am

Correct. But he is not the assistant manager.

I would also expect every player to declare themselves fit too considering it was the biggest few games that they could potentially play in.

Rooney and Beckham did the same and I am sure there are many others too.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: rainpaulo
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:55am

Spot on...Given didn't give a rats ass about the team in the Euros.....was not fit to play but used his seniority in the squad to force his hand....every bit as bad as what Roy is being accused off.

Posted By: Stillhuntinghenry
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:55am

how do you know? 

what makes you think he won't? Are you trying to allude that Roy keane is lazy LOLLOL

Clive Clarke

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:56am

Correct. But he is not the assistant manager.

I would also expect every player to declare themselves fit too considering it was the biggest few games that they could potentially play in.

Rooney and Beckham did the same and I am sure there are many others too.

Not getting in to the exact nature of the Given situation.  But in principle it is as bad for a player to declare himself fit when he knows he is not as it is to "feign" injury as you call it  Neither is better or worse than the other in my view.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I was very impressed with the Dok as you call him yesterday.  His knowledge of coaching was unreal and a great view of the game. I left having chatted to him for the guts of 40 miniutes very impressed with him. 

Where'd you meet him Baldy? What did he have to say?

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:59am

Not getting in to the exact nature of the Given situation.  But in principle it is as bad for a player to declare himself fit when he knows he is not as it is to "feign" injury as you call it  Neither is better or worse than the other in my view.  

mcateer did it as well in japan , its completely out of order but players do it , managers need to be on the ball in these cases as well.

-------------

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 12:00pm

Can you expand on this.
What did he say.
Whats his philosophy/style ?
Is he Ajax/Barca ?
Whats his plans for underage football ?
Does he have a ten year plan ?
What does he think of the SFAI/DDSL War ?

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 12:03pm

How about this -

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/roy-keane-points-the-finger-at-given-and-mcshane-26584236.html

You win as a team and lose as a team, not too mention the cheap shots at Given and his caps.

he feigned fitness which cost the team at the euros. a hugely seflish act, which has diminished the respect i had for him. The assertion of mcshane was correct, never let the ball boucne in the box, whats wrong with that? people don't like the truth in this country.

im not going to get embrolied in an argument about saipan. I have gotten over it, maybe you should to it's been 11 years, it's not healthy at all.

We have a bright few of years ahead of us, we have our greatest ever  and most inspirational player involved in the setup along with one of the greatest motivators and pragmatists of the last 10 years who has a history of  making the team greater than the sum of its parts.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 12:05pm

We have a bright few of years ahead of us, we have our greatest ever  and most inspirational player involved in the setup along with one of the greatest motivators and pragmatists of the last 10 years who has a history of  making the team greater than the sum of its parts.

ClapClap

The salient point in this entire 'argument'.

And that, as they say, is that.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Can you expand on this.
What did he say.
Whats his philosophy/style ?
Is he Ajax/Barca ?
Whats his plans for underage football ?
Does he have a ten year plan ?
What does he think of the SFAI/DDSL War ?

It was a conversation on the Dart, but he certainly comes from a very technical background where appreciation of the football and for the technical skills of the game are high in his agenda.  He does also believe that football does need to be about winning also and that sometimes teams can be naive to think it is only about style especially in the professional game  Celtic V Ajax as an example.  

He was impressed with the technical ability of many of our players having worked with them for the recent internationals.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 12:06pm
Jaysus i can see this keane situation being extremely annoying

Lads digging up stuff from years ago in every conversation

Does it never wear thin and can you not just put the sh*te into the past and look forward for the sake of the team?

Dunphy said it could be a spectacular train wreck

And we wonder why we never succeed

It seems no matter who we bring in their head is on the chopping block from day 1 were getting worse than our neighbours for sl*gging managers

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Jaysus i can see this keane situation being extremely annoying

Lads digging up stuff from years ago in every conversation

Does it never wear thin and can you not just put the sh*te into the past and look forward for the sake of the team?

Dunphy said it could be a spectacular train wreck

And we wonder why we never succeed

It seems no matter who we bring in their head is on the chopping block from day 1 were getting worse than our neighbours for sl*gging managers

if MON had come alone there would be little of this , RMK brings baggage.

Keane scouting the players could be a very good thing i think.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 12:10pm
I agree 

Hes not the manager lads

Look how many different assistants fergie had- there was one common denominator

People are getting too hung up on keane 

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 12:12pm

How about this -

he feigned fitness which cost the team at the euros. a hugely seflish act, which has diminished the respect i had for him. The assertion of mcshane was correct, never let the ball boucne in the box, whats wrong with that? people don't like the truth in this country.

im not going to get embrolied in an argument about saipan. I have gotten over it, maybe you should to it's been 11 years, it's not healthy at all.

Given did what every other player would do - Keane walked out on his country when his country needed him the most - again a selfish act. Will he do it again?

It's Keane's temperament and past behaviour that I am concerned about.

He is a walking liability. If they lose will Keane single out individual players for criticism?

I am very sceptical about this role.

Only time will tell I suppose.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 12:14pm

How about this -

Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 12:19pm
Keane scouting report:

1. Cu^t

2. Heartless

3. Unfit

4. Cu^t

5. Useless

6. Fancies himself, I'd have buried him

7. sh*t

8. Should take up darts

9. Swarmy cu^t

10. Robbing a living

11. Cu^t

Regards,

Roy Maurice Keane (joint manager)

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

Keane scouting report:

1. ****

2. Heartless

3. Unfit

4. ****

5. Useless

7. sh*t

8. Should take up darts

9. Swarmy ****

10. Robbing a living

11. ****

Regards,

fck ya LOLLOLLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 12:41pm
LOLLOLLOLClapClapClap Funny cause it's true

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 12:46pm
Yep the main roll for Keane will be Ham & Cheese , now if he is in the mood he could put pickle on it , other than that well nothing really .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: Drumcondra 69er
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 12:46pm

Keane scouting report:

1. Cu^t

2. Heartless

3. Unfit

4. Cu^t

5. Useless

7. sh*t

8. Should take up darts

9. Swarmy cu^t

10. Robbing a living

11. Cu^t

Regards,

Clap LOL

-------------
Blog: http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 12:50pm

Keane scouting report:

1. Cu^t

2. Heartless

3. Unfit

4. Cu^t

5. Useless

7. sh*t

8. Should take up darts

9. Swarmy cu^t

10. Robbing a living

11. Cu^t

Regards,

LOLLOLLOLLOLClapClapClap

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Keane scouting report:

1. Cu^t

2. Heartless

3. Unfit

4. Cu^t

5. Useless

7. sh*t

8. Should take up darts

9. Swarmy cu^t

10. Robbing a living

11. Cu^t

Regards,

LOLLOLLOLLOLClapClapClap
Was Patterson not already capped by OWC ?

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Keane scouting report:

1. Cu^t

2. Heartless

3. Unfit

4. Cu^t

5. Useless

7. sh*t

8. Should take up darts

9. Swarmy cu^t

10. Robbing a living

11. Cu^t

Regards,

LOLLOLLOLLOLClapClapClap

Was Patterson not already capped by OWC ?

Yes, he is all of the above

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 1:07pm
Who's Patterson? 

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Yep the main roll for Keane will be Ham & Cheese , now if he is in the mood he could put pickle on it , other than that well nothing really .

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

-------------

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 1:27pm

Keane scouting report:

1. Cu^t

2. Heartless

3. Unfit

4. Cu^t

5. Useless

7. sh*t

8. Should take up darts

9. Swarmy cu^t

10. Robbing a living

11. Cu^t

Regards,

LOL

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 1:36pm

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Looking forward to hearing him on Liveline in 10 minutes along with TJClap

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Who's Patterson? 

The Rory Patterson i think. He plays for Derry and the North of Ireland

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 1:53pm
Is he good at making Tea???

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 1:59pm

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Who's Patterson? 

The Rory Patterson i think. He plays for Derry and the North of Ireland

Why was he brought up in this discussion? Cant find a post about him? 

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 1:59pm
http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/so-how-exactly-is-this-partnership-between-o-neill-and-keane-going-to-work-out-1.1582603" rel="nofollow - http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/so-how-exactly-is-this-partnership-between-o-neill-and-keane-going-to-work-out-1.1582603

-------------

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 2:04pm

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/so-how-exactly-is-this-partnership-between-o-neill-and-keane-going-to-work-out-1.1582603" rel="nofollow - http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/so-how-exactly-is-this-partnership-between-o-neill-and-keane-going-to-work-out-1.1582603
Keane really doesn't like Delaney does he LOL

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 2:05pm
I actually think the biggest possibility for conflict for Roy will be steve wolford. I just finished Craig Bellamy's book and whilst he says he likes Wolford and got on with him he did say he was sarcy, ignorant and very abrupt (or something along those lines.)

Wolford and keane's roles will no doubt overlap but can you imagine on the training pitch the 1st time wolford is sarcy with Roy or Roy takes exception to his attitude towards one of the players?? Poor old Steve will get the tactics board treatment.

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 2:09pm
the sunderland journo on otb at the weekend called walford the gene hunt of coaching , keane wil be down on that like a ton of bricks

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 2:14pm

the sunderland journo on otb at the weekend called walford the gene hunt of coaching , keane wil be down on that like a ton of bricks

I don't get the Gene Hunt analogy.. Care to explain?

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 2:16pm
Had to google Gene Hunt there

Posted By: Eamonn68
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 2:17pm

I actually think the biggest possibility for conflict for Roy will be steve wolford. I just finished Craig Bellamy's book and whilst he says he likes Wolford and got on with him he did say he was sarcy, ignorant and very abrupt (or something along those lines.)

Wolford and keane's roles will no doubt overlap but can you imagine on the training pitch the 1st time wolford is sarcy with Roy or Roy takes exception to his attitude towards one of the players?? Poor old Steve will get the tactics board treatment.

I am sure poor old Steve wont stand for any off keanes w**kery 

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 2:34pm

I don't get the Gene Hunt analogy.. Care to explain?

No, its a godawful sad affair.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 2:38pm

To be fair that is just one mans opinion.   May or may not be close to reality  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 2:39pm

To be fair that is just one mans opinion.   May or may not be close to reality  

well it looks like ken earlys quotes of stubbsys book ties in with it exactly , thats 2 sources.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 2:40pm
Bellamy is 3

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 3:14pm
liam brady was always on the trainingground during his time with the team, i presume keane will too, trap took training as well, will MON?

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 3:16pm

liam brady was always on the trainingground during his time with the team, i presume keane will too, trap took training as well, will MON?

I think they will both be there on the pitches.This isnt club management.He will only see the players for a few days before a game and then theyre gone again

-------------

ROLL ON 2016

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 4:00pm

That's some seriously lazy journalism there.

It gives zero insight in to "How Exactly is this Partnership Between O'Neill and Keane Going to Work".

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 4:06pm
Read the Chapter on Keane in Ferguson's book.  He fairly lays it in to Keane and gives only a small bit of context to how great keane was for Utd.  

The mood swings are talked about and how it affected everybody in the dressing room from physio etc.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 4:10pm

Read the Chapter on Keane in Ferguson's book.  He fairly lays it in to Keane and gives only a small bit of context to how great keane was for Utd.  

The mood swings are talked about and how it affected everybody in the dressing room from physio etc.  

Careful Baldy.  I said more or less the same thing last week on the book thread and I got ate for it.

Posted By: Del-Piero
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

That's some seriously lazy journalism there.

still better than the tripe coming out of journal.ie

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Personally, I think you're a f**king idiot.

Posted By: opa01
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

Spot on...Given didn't give a rats ass about the team in the Euros.....was not fit to play but used his seniority in the squad to force his hand....every bit as bad as what Roy is being accused off.

While I can agree that Given should have given an honest appraisal of his fitness situation I can understand anyone being desperate to play for their country. What I will never understand is a player saying he is unfit to play for his country and then playing a full game for his club the next day (on 1 occasion) and 2.5 days later (on other occasions).

-------------
Will no-one rid me of this turbulent priest?

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 4:39pm
“Is it any wonder that people think we’re just there for the craic when the chief executive of the FAI is pictured dancing on tables or is videoed effing and blinding to Irish fans late at night to supporters who are the worse for wear.

“What other chief executive would carry on like that? We’re all entitled to a night out but do it discreetly. How can he be expected to be taken seriously? And how, as a nation, can we be expected to be taken seriously when we’re happy to go along with that image?”

anyone disagree with this?

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 5:24pm

“Is it any wonder that people think we’re just there for the craic when the chief executive of the FAI is pictured dancing on tables or is videoed effing and blinding to Irish fans late at night to supporters who are the worse for wear.

“What other chief executive would carry on like that? We’re all entitled to a night out but do it discreetly. How can he be expected to be taken seriously? And how, as a nation, can we be expected to be taken seriously when we’re happy to go along with that image?”

Sure what about Keane's nights out in which he inevitably ended up in fights or rows with people?  According to his own autobiography he wore a kiss me im irish hat in Boston in 1992 and got into arguments with Charlton and McCarthy. He got into drunken mess and poured a beer over some aul geebags head at some charity do, he got into fights with a Dublin Utd fan in Manchester and was arrested. Wish every Irish player had such a good image.

Do people not see through this whole 'Keane the ultimate professional' rubbish? 

-------------

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 6:35pm
Lots of people have suggested in the past hiring a senior manager to take the squad for a campaign or two and have a young Irish man in the coaching set up as his number 2 who would be groomed for the top job.
This could be Roy keane. Only that it is who it is are people so concerned about the appointment of a young number 2. If it was hughton or someone then people would not be questioning it.

I also don't think that Roy keane or Martin o'neill are incapable of taking a training session and doing tactics. People are speculating that neither will be hands on because of stories they've heard from their time at club level.

Martin o'Neill is recognized for not being very hands on at training during the week at club football. But what I have heard was that for big games he would be on the training ground pulling the strings (while at Leicester City anyway)
Keane apparently was not hands on at the training ground at Sunderland either. I do think he made mistakes in terms of his living arrangement in that he stayed in Cheshire so perhaps didn't make the best possible effort to be there everyday. I understand he relocated for the Ipswich job. I've not heard of his time there whether he got more involved in the day to day training. Maybe others have inside info here?

In any case, international football is a whole lot different to club management. He won't have the same responsibilities of running the club from top to bottom and really his job will be more centred on the coaching side of things. Perhaps he has recognized this himself and he needs to start out again where he learns his trade as a coach first and foremost.
I would not go knocking it just because there is a preconceived notion that neither will get their hands dirty with training.
I would question it more myself if it was club management. But international football you don't have player contracts etc to occupy you. The only thing you can really do is prepare the team when they meet up and keep the players motivated

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 8:21pm

Sure what about Keane's nights out in which he inevitably ended up in fights or rows with people?  According to his own autobiography he wore a kiss me im irish hat in Boston in 1992 and got into arguments with Charlton and McCarthy. He got into drunken mess and poured a beer over some aul geebags head at some charity do, he got into fights with a Dublin Utd fan in Manchester and was arrested. Wish every Irish player had such a good image.

do you agree with the statement or not?

keane was 20 years of age and in an irish squad that had a huge drink culture, that was an end of season mickey mouse friendly tour. delaney is a middle aged man and is the chief executive of a football association and was at a major football tournament.  In the book the woman attacked him first, and some knob head dublin fan had a go at him. but yeah keep bringing up stuff from the early nineties. 

-------------

Posted By: Bally O Telly
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 8:28pm

It's not necessarily a bad idea if it brings out the best in both, trouble is it might have the opposite effect, if the results start going wrong you can see them blaming each other etc

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 9:14pm

do you agree with the statement or not?

keane was 20 years of age and in an irish squad that had a huge drink culture, that was an end of season mickey mouse friendly tour. delaney is a middle aged man and is the chief executive of a football association and was at a major football tournament.  In the book the woman attacked him first, and some knob head dublin fan had a go at him. but yeah keep bringing up stuff from the early nineties. 

For the record I think Delaney is a typical politician and I think that behaviour is bvery poor for a man in his position. The Houghton/Dokter think was a complete joke. They appoint these 2 fellas to decide on the manager and report back and then Delaney goes and appoints O'Neill before they have even finishedLOL

As for Keane I reckon you know his book off by heart as if its the bible.  You can see absolutely no flaws in his character can you?

I can see positives in him as a player i.e hunger, drive, aggressiveness, ambition but as manager his negative column is far heavier than his positve column.

Im not one bit surprise the nation is falling over themslves to worship at his feet tbh. We are a flock that lack direction and are impressionable bunch

-------------

Posted By: Bally O Telly
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 9:23pm
Keane might be doing things like organising the training, making sure the kit was there and the pitch was not as hard as concrete and checking up on players suspected of faking injury Wink

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net