You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 163>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 12:42am
Originally posted by devondudley devondudley wrote:

A lot of rubbish being talked about keane walking out on ireland 12 years ago,
Gibson stephen ireland joey o brien Kieran Westwood stephen Kelly all have refused one way or another to play for us since then but not much said about that, people also talking nonsense about his role he is clearly a number two, Zidane at real bergkamp at Ajax are two examples of how this model works with famous players as number two's, not so long ago a lot of people here wanted tardelli as the next manager and after we qualified for euros he was favourite for the job, he was seen at the time as doing a good job as a number two, 12 years is along time for some of ye to still hold a grudge and it's laughable others quoting fergies book where he mentions more about a story in Portugal than all the trophies they won together, fergies book also mentions how much of a professional giggs was off the pitch which I don't think anyone in the media has joked about.

Great post.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Sponsored Links

Bally O Telly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bally O Telly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 1:32am

Gibson stephen ireland joey o brien Kieran Westwood stephen Kelly all have refused one way or another to play for us since then but not much said about that, people also talking nonsense about his role he is clearly a number two, Zidane at real bergkamp at Ajax are two examples of how this model works with famous players as number two's, not so long ago a lot of people here wanted tardelli as the next manager and after we qualified for euros he was favourite for the job, he was seen at the time as doing a good job as a number two, 12 years is along time for some of ye to still hold a grudge and it's laughable others quoting fergies book where he mentions more about a story in Portugal than all the trophies they won together, fergies book also mentions how much of a professional giggs was off the pitch which I don't think anyone in the media has joked about.

Yes plenty of players have walked out on Ireland, hence Roy's only crime seems to be that he was actually a good player LOL

How come the crap players don't get the same kind of flak?
Bally O Telly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bally O Telly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 1:36am
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Originally posted by Bally O Telly Bally O Telly wrote:

Keane might be doing things like organising the training, making sure the kit was there and the pitch was not as hard as concrete and checking up on players suspected of faking injury Wink
Nah Keane will be chief security officer on away trips at the team hotel keeping undesireables away, fck knows what Delaney is going to do for accomodation LOL

Or making sure none of his squad were responsible for starting any fights by making sure he threw the first punch himself Ouch LOL
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 1:40am
You can be assured, Roy won't tolerate the Paul Green's of this world sending a DVD to the FAI to play for Ireland. Some of the other codgers that got in because the lick-arsed Trap, know their days are numbered under O'Neill, and especially Keane. He'll do the research at games to see whose in/out of form. He won't stand for players who are crap, but, playing a managers way eg. Trapp. just to play for Ireland. Keane has been good and bad at management, who hasn't at this level, but he'll be passionate, and dying to prove that his man management works. MON is set in his formation stlye, and I think this is where Keane breaks a fresh look to his style, by changing it around to suit us..  let's put it like this, we lost to Austria & Sweden, by poor management decisions, lack of committment etc. I don't think that'll be an issue here..
Bums on seats will determine how the public view them.Smile
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 1:46am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Everyone seems to be an expert on Keanes mentality

An awful lot of experts here indeed BSM.

I'd prefer to hear what the 2 of them have to say before making a judgement. MON has been around long enough to know exactly how the fans are divided over Roy. He would not have taken such a decision lightly. The more I think about the combination, the more I'm excited about it.

The surprise for me here is not MON's decison to take Roy, it was the FAI's decison to allow it.

Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 8:02am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Everyone seems to be an expert on Keanes mentality

An awful lot of experts here indeed BSM.

I'd prefer to hear what the 2 of them have to say before making a judgement. MON has been around long enough to know exactly how the fans are divided over Roy. He would not have taken such a decision lightly. The more I think about the combination, the more I'm excited about it.

The surprise for me here is not MON's decison to take Roy, it was the FAI's decison to allow it.

The biggest surprise for me is that Roy accepted a role as a no. 2 which for me shows his huge commitment and desire to be involved with the Irish team.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 8:03am
Originally posted by Just saying like Just saying like wrote:

The biggest surprise for me is that Roy accepted a role as a no. 2 which for me shows his huge commitment and desire to be involved with the Irish team.

he wasnt even mentioned for the crystal palace job , he was looking at league 1 roles, he would have been mad not to take this.

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 8:06am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

he wasnt even mentioned for the crystal palace job , he was looking at league 1 roles, he would have been mad not to take this.

Who's there to say he was even interested in club management? Back in the media headlines for the wrong reasons, again and receiving a healthy paycheck to sit on ITV once every 2-4 weeks I personally wouldn't!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 8:07am

I could never see him as a number 2, anywhere, to be honest regardless of whether he had other options or not. 
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 8:07am

Exactly.  Perfect opportunity for him to learn from a very good manager and get his managerial/coaching career back on track which(should the tenure be a success) will stand Keane in good stead for future roles across the pond.  I'm sure if they were a success Keane would be next in line for the managers role if MON decided to walk away.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 8:20am
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Exactly.  Perfect opportunity for him to learn from a very good manager and get his managerial/coaching career back on track which(should the tenure be a success) will stand Keane in good stead for future roles across the pond.  I'm sure if they were a success Keane would be next in line for the managers role if MON decided to walk away.

yup , its a no-brainer for roy , he could come out of this looking very well, international management was a great step for mark hughes , lawrie sanchez and many more , if keane took over from MON after a succesful stint and then did well he is back in the game , maybe some big clubs might even take a punt on him with a succesful assitant manager role on his CV.

i still would like to know what MON intends him to do , hopefully Chiles asks him tonight.

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 8:22am
I'm only watching Real Sociedad vs Man Utd for the pre-match talk - Knowing fine well MoN is extremely private to the public media he'll keep quiet but Roy is alot more outspoken and may well say something if asked

MoN may well deny everything what's been reported, he's done it before and it ended up happening

Edited by coyne - 05 Nov 2013 at 8:24am
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 8:47am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I'm only watching Real Sociedad vs Man Utd for the pre-match talk - Knowing fine well MoN is extremely private to the public media he'll keep quiet but Roy is alot more outspoken and may well say something if asked

MoN may well deny everything what's been reported, he's done it before and it ended up happening

FAI expect to announce something today ahead of ITV prog.

It'll be a 30 second job on ITV with both of them saying how there looking forward to the challange, that we have some good players and how much an honour it is. Chiles will wish them luck and that'll be that.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 8:51am
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Great post.

The punctuation is poor at best 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 9:54am
Bergkamp is a qualified coach and works full-time in the Ajax Academy.
I will be spending 3 days with him in a few weeks.
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 10:00am
Does Denis O'Brien own Today FM. Maybe he's looking for Keane.... for Mario Rosenstock, because he must be delighted with the the appointment
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 10:20am
Jesus lads this is going to be some craicWink

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Bergkamp is a qualified coach and works full-time in the Ajax Academy.
I will be spending 3 days with him in a few weeks.

That will be a fantastic  opportunity for you.   Would be great if you could give us an insight to your finding when you go over there. 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 163>
  Share Topic