Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 163>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Dont feel any sympathy for Trap. Approached the job in a half arsed fashion. Inexcusable. Within a couple of weeks MON and Roy will have been to more games than dumb and dumber went to in 5 and a half years.

Anyone know the Irish players in the Forest/Coventry U21s?

EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Oh dear!

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Oh dear!

Which game was this Trap's reaction after?

Georgia at home (2009)?
France at home?
Or maybe Russia at home?
Slovakia at home then?
Russia away?
Croatia?
Spain?
Italy?
Kazakhstan?
Germany?
Austria at home?
Sweden at home?
Austria away?
Or was it after the FAI belatedly told him that they realised he was not up to the job?
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 2:22pm
Do you know anything about football Rolo?

Judging by your deluded posts the last while it's quite clear you don't.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I've played several games and watched many many more. Always interested. Constantly reading books and articles. Always learning. And the game is always changing (something Trap wasnt prepared to accept).

You probably know alot more than me about football. Who are we to say you are right about Trap?
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Fantastic commitment from MON's successor in waiting.

Meanwhile in Italy Trap remains unemployed.. Unbelievable really when you consider all the offers he was getting from other teams during his time with us!!

what a daft comment - how many 74 year olds are still managing.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 2:35pm
Encouraging interview from ONeill 
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 2:36pm

Meanwhile in Italy Trap remains unemployed.. Unbelievable really when you consider all the offers he was getting from other teams during his time with us!!

Heard Trap has taken to doing highly paid media work for Italian TV(ITV).Well if its good enuf for MON and Roy to keep them occupied in between jobs!Wink
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 2:38pm

What a pathetic comment.

I am shocked he hasnt picked up a job after the fantastic job he did with us especially after his (many) self proclaimed approaches:
Quote The Italian tactician, who has been the head coach of the Boys in Green since 2008, revealed that he had received several other job offers, from both clubs and international teams, but stressed that his interest remains with Ireland.
"I have also opportunity but my interest is not in those opportunities," Trapattoni told reporters. "Somebody called, two, three countries, but I didn't even try discuss it. One team also asked 'are you available?'. 

"Truth is I like to stay here first. I think really we have a good team. We have good players, but I have also calls. I'm not particularly interested now, I believe in this team, I change many, many players in this team." 
Quote The Italian, who turned down an approach from Juve earlier this year, said: "It was not the Celtic chairman, but someone close to him, close to the club, a former player, who approached me three to four months ago and asked would I be interested in a position.
"But I say no, I am with Ireland. I also had two or three teams ask me in Italy, and two English teams. I told them all the same answer – that I am with Ireland."
Quote “I have had opportunities to go back to Italy over the last few months, but I am satisfied with my job with Ireland.
Quote The 74-year-old former Juventus and Italy manager spoke of his employment situation to Tuttosport, indicating that he could be at the helm of a new side in the near future, but dismissed speculation that recently linked him to the vacant position at Galatasaray. "It could’ve been an option, but the truth is I didn’t want to play against Juve," Trapattoni said.

“I won’t hide that I am currently in contact with some interesting people, as the football in Australia and Russia has evolved. I am intrigued by Africa, who still have tactical naiveté. You will see me back on the field soon. There’s always something new on the horizon."

Or are you suggesting he is a spoofer and was trying to pull the wool over JD's eyes - which he seemed to do?

Edited by Kerrzy - 29 Nov 2013 at 2:40pm
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 2:45pm
The question was R. Keanes role, not GT's employment prospects.......Keanes role is to be the sacrificial lamb if things go pear shape for MON.........
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 3:24pm
Trap is 74 or 75 years of age FFS and unlikely to manage again due to his age! As if anyone will hand him a 4 year contract!  A great manager who had an amazing career and did a very good job for us until the euros.  The football was Catenaccio which he has played his whole career and if you know your stuff you would not have been surprised by the way we played from day 1 with us.  Sure its not pretty but thats why he talked about the show as opposed to the result from his first press conference. He wanted results and got them in usually ugly ways but that was what he has done all along.  Naive people on here think O'Neill has changed alot so far. I would be willing to bet that a lot of players start reverting to long ball again in the qualifiers. Why? Because they are instructed to by O'Neill? Maybe but more likely it is to do with their lack of skill and confidence when under the gun against better players. They will panic when some good team presses us and just kick it away.  The performance against Latvia means nothing. They were a subutteo team.  One of the worst teams we have played in years-in a friendly and they were obviously not up for it. If Keane has to fix anything with Ireland its calmness and assuredness of players in tight spaces. But he cant give them technical ability.  If O'Neill does a good job we will be back in the hunt for 2nd place in groups-just what Trapattoni achieved.  Thats where we belong and until we start developing better players and moving away from archaic ideas about the game thats where we will remain or probably slip further behind to be honest.  Trap achieved 2 second places from 3 campaigns. His remit was to get 2nd spot and hopefully a qualification. The public and fans would have undoubtedly accepted that in January 2008. In fact they would have bitten your hand off for it.  He also qualified us. Poor results after that but if it wasnt for him we wold all be at home scratching our asses last year.  If management was so easy sure everybody here would be a manager making a fortune.  Calling him a clown and dumb and dumber etc is laughable. Also Marco Tardelli scored a cracker in a world cup final and won a world cup. Was a f**king great player.  Trap has won everything in club football. In your opinion is O'Neill's record superior to Trapattoni?

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 3:36pm

Trap is 74 or 75 years of age FFS and unlikely to manage again due to his age! As if anyone will hand him a 4 year contract!  A great manager who had an amazing career and did a very good job for us until the euros.  The football was Catenaccio which he has played his whole career and if you know your stuff you would not have been surprised by the way we played from day 1 with us.  Sure its not pretty but thats why he talked about the show as opposed to the result from his first press conference. He wanted results and got them in usually ugly ways but that was what he has done all along.  Naive people on here think O'Neill has changed alot so far. I would be willing to bet that a lot of players start reverting to long ball again in the qualifiers. Why? Because they are instructed to by O'Neill? Maybe but more likely it is to do with their lack of skill and confidence when under the gun against better players. They will panic when some good team presses us and just kick it away.  The performance against Latvia means nothing. They were a subutteo team.  One of the worst teams we have played in years-in a friendly and they were obviously not up for it. If Keane has to fix anything with Ireland its calmness and assuredness of players in tight spaces. But he cant give them technical ability.  If O'Neill does a good job we will be back in the hunt for 2nd place in groups-just what Trapattoni achieved.  Thats where we belong and until we start developing better players and moving away from archaic ideas about the game thats where we will remain or probably slip further behind to be honest.  Trap achieved 2 second places from 3 campaigns. His remit was to get 2nd spot and hopefully a qualification. The public and fans would have undoubtedly accepted that in January 2008. In fact they would have bitten your hand off for it.  He also qualified us. Poor results after that but if it wasnt for him we wold all be at home scratching our asses last year.  If management was so easy sure everybody here would be a manager making a fortune.  Calling him a clown and dumb and dumber etc is laughable. Also Marco Tardelli scored a cracker in a world cup final and won a world cup. Was a f**king great player.  Trap has won everything in club football. In your opinion is O'Neill's record superior to Trapattoni?

I do think he'll carry out the job and leave with a lot more dignity than his predecessor, yes.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 3:42pm
Stan went to see a lot games and we did well under him also Big smile

Bottom line it all begins in September
Play poorly and win or cracking football and lose or draw .

What would you pick in the Quals ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I cant see us playing cracking football. 

I dont care what way we play as long as all players have an equal opportunity and players are picked on merit and our manager has more than 1 system in mind to influence games. Without harping on about Trap, it is refreshing to know that Long's performance the other night, as an example, will not be discarded unlike if he did that a year ago.

Edited by Kerrzy - 29 Nov 2013 at 3:47pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 3:49pm

I dont care what way we play as long as all players have an equal opportunity and players are picked on merit and our manager has more than 1 system in mind to influence games. Without harping on about Trap, it is refreshing to know that Long's performance the other night, as an example, will not be discarded unlike if he did that a year ago.

You might be wrong there. Keane will start the majority of games.

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 3:52pm

I have to say i agree with you on that one .ShockedShockedShocked
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 3:56pm

You might be wrong there. Keane will start the majority of games.
I was using the striking options as an example. But if Long does have a good season, I think he'll be no.1. But its way too early to be talking about that.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

I've played several games and watched many many more. Always interested. Constantly reading books and articles. Always learning. And the game is always changing (something Trap wasnt prepared to accept).

You probably know alot more than me about football. Who are we to say you are right about Trap?

Just read back through your own comments.

Do you not think it's time you drew a line in the land and moved on, fresh start and all that without the snide remarks.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 4:01pm

Long got his chance and failed to take it. He played in nearly every game under Trap post the Euro's yet for some reason your trying blame Long's poor form on Trap.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 163>
  Share Topic