You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 150151152153154 163>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

What's with the McGrath Keane comparison?

I brought it up by saying that Keane was the best player I’ve ever seen wear an Ireland jersey (obviously not comparing 2 players in same position - though McGrath was great in midfield too  - but McGrath was right up there with Keane and was second best player I’ve ever seen wear the Irish jersey)

Edited by Wheelo - 11 Aug 2021 at 9:59pm
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

What's with the McGrath Keane comparison?

I brought it up by saying that Keane was the best player I’ve ever seen wear an Ireland jersey (obviously not comparing 2 players in same position - though McGrath was great in midfield too  - but McGrath was right up there with Keane and was second best player I’ve ever seen wear the Irish jersey)

McGrath was our best player at Italia 90 and Keane won best player at USA 1994, McGrath also had the performance against Italy in New York in that tournament.  He was immense in Wembley in 1991 and numerous other games.  He had 83 caps and 8 goals and many performances from centre back and did it over a 12 year career for Ireland whereas Keane had 67 games and 9 goals over a 14 year career.  What metric are you saying that Keane was better for Ireland than McGrath.  I can’t think of one where that stands up. McGrath did it at 3 major tournaments.  Played in multiple positions and was outstanding in all of them and other than his trip to Israel, never let Ireland down.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 12:23am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

you are right people are interested but there is no journalistic value in any of the coverage of the last few days.  It’s just lowest common dominator stuff, click bait and fueled by feedback of what the readers/viewers etc want.  But none of those at balls or Newstalk or pundit arena etc should pretend they are journalists when rehashing stuff just because he is 50.  

As I said they are behaving like fan boys not journalists.  In the coverage was any of it critical, not one bit. 

If you are looking at performances for Ireland McGrath wins hands down.  Keane mentioned his performance in 1994 and against Portugal and Holland in 2001.  There was 4-5 years there when his performances were average enough compared to what he was doing at Utd.  He didn’t light up the 98 campaign or the 2000 campaign.  Unreal for 2002 campaign. 

LOL You never fail to make me laugh Clap

Not sure if you are agreeing with me here or not.  Think my point is fairly clear anyway. What these lads are up to covering Keane’s 50th is in no way journalism.  To be fair Mark McCadden had a decent story about Dessie Baker being in the Utd dressing as a kid and Keane sticking up for him.  But the rehash stuff with Newstalk and Balls and Pundit Arena is a joke.  
AKA pedantic kunt
ChiefScout View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChiefScout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2021 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

It's funny how when NI try to poach Michael O'Connor, it's justified because he has a granny from NI, but when Shane Duffy declares for RoI you won't shut up making judgements about his character, despite the fact he's eligible for RoI through the very same metric.

I thought the argument with Duffy was that he qualified for ROI by virtue of being from NI, with no family ties to the South. THere seems to be a false equivalence here or the suggestion that it goes "both ways". Had Duffy been born in ROI, then he would not qualify for NI without a family link. Its not quite the same. That and he did sit on the bench for NI Senior team.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 8:25am
Duffy's father was from Donegal.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 3:03pm
https://youtu.be/_1FqQwgMZtg

Not a bad watch. Speaks a bit about Mick/Ireland and sees himself managing again.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

https://youtu.be/_1FqQwgMZtg

Not a bad watch. Speaks a bit about Mick/Ireland and sees himself managing again.

i'll watch but they are really over doing the keane/neville thing. I love Roy but if we get too much of him he won't have the same appeal..
I love beer gardens
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 9:47pm
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 9:49pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 3:35pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 7:28pm
Mimicked Harry Maguires voice today in his rant about him and Shaw

Is this racist? Basing it on those who said it was when Ian Wright mimicked Keanes voice 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Mimicked Harry Maguires voice today in his rant about him and Shaw

Is this racist? Basing it on those who said it was when Ian Wright mimicked Keanes voice 

It was hilarious LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 7:57pm
Was it racist though?

And if not why was Wrightys?

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 30 Oct 2021 at 7:58pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 8:15pm
Neither was racist ffs. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 8:32pm

Neither was racist ffs. 

Agree 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Neither was racist ffs. 

Agree 

Think only HH was offended by it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 9:14pm
Jermain Defoe say anything interesting today?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 9:20pm
yeah I thought his insight on volleys was good I.e. relax the body and try to catch it at its lowest point and don’t take eye off the ball. 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 150151152153154 163>
  Share Topic