You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 147148149150151 163>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 11:47am
Cry
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

At least next month is Terriboreial's busy season so he might take a break from getting triggered by Roy Keane/Matt Doherty/Troy Parrott/James McClean or whatever else is bothering him.

His ranting about Keane reminds me of George Costanza in Seinfeld. He needs to go to Rageaholics Anonymous to help him deal with it.

What rant? So the Troubles are implicit in his views of Keane or any other player? 

Territorial's dislike of, and resurfacing obsession with, Keane, is rooted in the same pathology as Andy Goram.

Do you honestly think Territorial would be dying on this hill if Keane wasn't an outspoken, high profile Irish Catholic with views on the NI conflict that are incompatible with his own?

The fact that he dedicates so much time and energy to posting on a forum relating to a national team he transparently despises suggests that he needs the same kind of medical help as Goram - another person who took pleasure in trying to troll Keane when he went to United.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 3:42pm

Do you honestly think Territorial would be dying on this hill if Keane wasn't an outspoken, high profile Irish Catholic with views on the NI conflict that are incompatible with his own?

Trust me, I don't need to look to any of that to find reasons to dislike Keane.

And as for my sharing "the same pathology as Andy Goram", that's a bit rich coming from someone who only had to spot a young Catholic playing for an NI team the other week to shout "Sectarianism", without knowing the first thing about him, his family or the circumstances of his selection.

P.S. As regards Goram and all that sh*te, I have as much time for Rangers as I have for Glasgow's other Ugly Sister.

Edited by Territorial - 22 Jun 2021 at 3:49pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

But in this instance, HH - from the original post - it's Keane's comments on Kane the captain that's solely on the table.

Thank you Mr. Brick.

Unfortunately for a forum which I otherwise like, whenever I post on anything, it seems to "trigger" HH and a few other individuals, such that they simply cannot help themselves from putting their own political slant on the debate, regardless of whether it merits it or not.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 4:07pm
Terri what was your thinking behind the username when signing up on here?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

It's long story, but basically around the time I joined up here, someone on another forum dubbed me a "part-timer" and the idea kinda stuck.

(I dip in and out as the fancy takes me)
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 4:30pm
I'd also like to point out the Roy Keane was sent home Wink
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I'd also like to point out the Roy Keane was sent home Wink
... kicking and screaming, entirely against his will... LOL

Edited by Territorial - 22 Jun 2021 at 4:34pm
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

It's long story, but basically around the time I joined up here, someone on another forum dubbed me a "part-timer" and the idea kinda stuck.

You fancy a dip quite a lot - averaging almost 2 posts a day since you joined.
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 6:04pm

And as for my sharing "the same pathology as Andy Goram", that's a bit rich coming from someone who only had to spot a young Catholic playing for an NI team the other week to shout "Sectarianism", without knowing the first thing about him, his family or the circumstances of his selection.

P.S. As regards Goram and all that sh*te, I have as much time for Rangers as I have for Glasgow's other Ugly Sister.

Someone with the handle "Territorial" who supports Northern Ireland and posts on a forum about the Republic of Ireland national team on average 2.0 times a day preaching sectarianism to me because I raised eyebrows at NI bringing on a player from a nationalist community in second half stoppage time of a pointless friendly against a minnow. LOL

It's Jim Magilton and Michael O'Neill who keep bringing religion into player recruitment on this island, not me. Take your issue up with them.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

You fancy a dip quite a lot - averaging almost 2 posts a day since you joined.

The only time he ever stops posting is when Danny Invincible painstakingly refutes every single point he makes and then he skulks away somewhere to lick his wounds until Danny Invincible stops posting, at which point he comes back from hibernation.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 6:08pm

Someone with the handle "Territorial" who supports Northern Ireland and posts on a forum about the Republic of Ireland national team on average 2.0 times a day preaching sectarianism to me because I raised eyebrows at NI bringing on a player from a nationalist community in second half stoppage time of a pointless friendly against a minnow. LOL

It's Jim Magilton and Michael O'Neill who keep bringing religion into player recruitment on this island, not me. Take your issue up with them.

I can’t believe the mods can’t see through this Terri lad. He plays a good game, I’ll give him that - but he’s an obvious wum 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 6:16pm

Er, I don't post on ROI 2.0 times a day - most of my posts are in the ROW section. Though when I do post here, it is almost invariably NI-related.

And it was you who raised Conor Bradley entirely out-of-the-blue, whilst completely overlooking eg Sam McClelland the following week, whose example completely tore the arse out of your "argument"..

As for Magilton and O'Neill, neither of them works for the IFA these days. I guess you'll just have to fiind sectarianism in that well-known bigot, the Englishman and former Sligo Rovers manager, Ian Baraclough.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 6:33pm

Er, I don't post on ROI 2.0 times a day - most of my posts are in the ROW section. Though when I do post here, it is almost invariably NI-related.

And it was you who raised Conor Bradley entirely out-of-the-blue, whilst completely overlooking eg Sam McClelland the following week, whose example completely tore the arse out of your "argument"..

As for Magilton and O'Neill, neither of them works for the IFA these days. I guess you'll just have to fiind sectarianism in that well-known bigot, the Englishman and former Sligo Rovers manager, Ian Baraclough.

"I don't post on a forum about the ROI 2.0 times a day; I post in a subsection on a forum about the ROI national team 2.0 times a day." What a weird distinction. LOL

Confused You did a good job tearing the arse out of your own argument when you categorised lads like Ballard and McCalmont with lads like Bradley as if their call-ups prove Bradley's meager game time wasn't politically motivated, when Ballard and McCalmont are also eligible for other countries.

What, the IFA no longer have directives in place to strategically target players who are also eligible for the ROI and apply pressure on our management teams to not call up players from Catholic communities (kind of discriminatory in its own way, but whatever) now that Magilton and O'Neill aren't involved in the setup? News to me.

Presumably you still have no qualms with using intermediaries like Austin MacPhee to try and poach lads like Michael O'Connor and Jimmy Dunne, though.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 6:46pm
As for Roy Keane walking out on us in 2002, the players not being told that Spain were playing with 10 men in extra time does little to dissuade the idea that, perhaps, Keane may have had a point with his grievances.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 6:51pm

Partick Thistle?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 7:28pm

"I don't post on a forum about the ROI 2.0 times a day; I post in a subsection on a forum about the ROI national team 2.0 times a day." What a weird distinction. LOL
Er, the charge is that I'm only here for political reasons. Except that the majority of my posts are in the (non-political) ROW section.

Or is that too "weird" for you to understand?

You did a good job tearing the arse out of your own argument when you categorised lads like Ballard and McCalmont with lads like Bradley as if their call-ups prove Bradley's meager game time wasn't politically motivated, when Ballard and McCalmont are also eligible for other countries.
Er no, I cited those examples (and others) of how, with a thin squad, the IFA has long had a clear policy of fast-tracking youngsters from all backgrounds, whether coming through the Club NI project, or from GB.

But yoiu (wiilfully?) ignored all of that and immediately homed in on the sole example which appeared to back your argument, whilst ignoring the many other examples which contradicted it..

Meaning that far from your identifying a problem, ironically you are the problem.

What, the IFA no longer have directives in place to strategically target players who are also eligible for the ROI and apply pressure on our management teams to not call up players from Catholic communities (kind of discriminatory in its own way, but whatever) now that Magilton and O'Neill aren't involved in the setup? News to me.
Just what are you talking about?

Otoh the IFA is anti-Catholic ("Wouldn't have them about the place"), at the same time as it is pro-Catholic ("Get them in, quick!"). Schrodinger would get a run out of that one, that's for sure.Confused

And where are these "strategic directives" you're blethering about?

To repeat, the IFA seeks to find, develop and cap as many talented players as are entitled to represent NI, regardless of religion, background, politics or nationality etc. And as part of this, they have a policy of fast-tracking the most promising youngsters - eg Galbraith, McCalmont, Bradley and McClelland.

There is no more to it than that, unless you insist that there is. In which case there is no more I can say, since you've clearly closed your mind to all reason or evidence.

Presumably you still have no qualms with using intermediaries like Austin MacPhee to try and poach lads like Michael O'Connor and Jimmy Dunne, though.
Which "interneidiary" approached O'Connor? Bearing in mind that he was already 20, he had just signed for Linfield and with a granny  from NI, he was eligible for us, entirely as normal:
https://www.the42.ie/michael-oconnor-declares-for-northern-ireland-international-football-linfield-4379711-Dec2018/

Oh wait, "It was all a dream, then I woke up":
https://www.the42.ie/michael-oconnor-linfield-republic-of-ireland-4579243-Apr2019/

Fact is, we never even picked him, never mind "pressured" or tied him, and if you're relying on 'Mental Mickey" to support your case, well then it's a very thin one indeed!

Meanwhile, anyone who knows anything about Dunne (21 on at the time and playing for Hearts) knows that if there was any pressure involved, it was hie who was using the IFA to put pressure on the FAI , after Martin O'Neill dropped him from a Nations League squad. And once more we never actually picked him, never mind fast-tracked him.

All of which happens. You know, like eg Jack Grealish using ROI under-age teams to further his early career, until he was in the running for their English equivalents...

Edited by Territorial - 22 Jun 2021 at 7:41pm
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 7:57pm
Why bother engaging with low-value posters who bring nothing to the forum except opportunities to argue their narrow point of interest? Why argue with posters who follow others around looking for sniff of attention or engagement?

If you wrestle pigs...
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 147148149150151 163>
  Share Topic