You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129130131 163>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 1:53pm

El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

would we want Keane to change and be a nice as pie fella? no. its the way he is and made him the player he was. apart from the few he has fallen out with how many people have come out and said good things about him. quite a few. im sure it was a sellout last night and who did they go to see and listen to? Roy thats who cause people want to hear what he say. like it or lump it.

People also pack out the olynpia for numerous nights  over Christmas  for pantos and thsts wht keane has become.  A pantomime act. 
AKA pedantic kunt
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

LOL
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 2:06pm
People used to like Hitler for "telling it like it is" too.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 2:34pm

would we want Keane to change and be a nice as pie fella? no. its the way he is and made him the player he was.
As Terry Venables correctly points out, Sport does not build character, it reveals it.

In other words, whether he ended up a world class footballer, or a chancer selling knock-off stuff in pubs, Keane was always going to be a scumbag.

In fact, all sport has done for him is give him access to lawyers, agents and the media etc, who pander to him, polish him and give him a platform where uncritical morons can hang onto his every utterance. (And pay for the privilege! Shocked)

Someone else suggested that it's the single-mindedness in such people which makes them so great, so you just have to accept the sociopathy which goes with it.

I cannot agree, since for every Tiger Woods or Lance Armstrong, I could give you a Pele or a Roger Federer.

Meanwhile, it's his dog I feel sorry for. I mean, imagine having to love a master like that?

I think I'd rather be on the other end of a length of string to some poor unfortunate who's ended up sleeping in a doorway.

Edited by Territorial - 05 Sep 2019 at 2:35pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

would we want Keane to change and be a nice as pie fella? no. its the way he is and made him the player he was.
As Terry Venables correctly points out, Sport does not build character, it reveals it.

In other words, whether he ended up a world class footballer, or a chancer selling knock-off stuff in pubs, Keane was always going to be a scumbag.

In fact, all sport has done for him is give him access to lawyers, agents and the media etc, who pander to him, polish him and give him a platform where uncritical morons can hang onto his every utterance. (And pay for the privilege! Shocked)

Someone else suggested that it's the single-mindedness in such people which makes them so great, so you just have to accept the sociopathy which goes with it.

I cannot agree, since for every Tiger Woods or Lance Armstrong, I could give you a Pele or a Roger Federer.

Meanwhile, it's his dog I feel sorry for. I mean, imagine having to love a master like that?

I think I'd rather be on the other end of a length of string to some poor unfortunate who's ended up sleeping in a doorway.

i think what you and I class as a scumbag must differ.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 2:59pm
Superhans: The greatest fictional character in history Hug
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 3:32pm
One thing is clear from watching the clip of Keane last night on the Off the Ball page is that whatever that rant was, it was based on pure and utter hatred of each other. 

YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 4:05pm

i think what you and I class as a scumbag must differ.
"Brian Clough sent Keane home from pre-season training with Forest when he beat up a girl in a pub . Clough off loaded him to United shortly afterwards. About two weeks into his United career he beat up another girl in a pub." - per 'Longford Claret'.

I've heard other stories.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 4:08pm
Is that actually true though?

I've not heard that before.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 4:15pm
Folks, use your head and stop posting unfounded rumours FFS.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 4:18pm

Using Pele as a moral torch is a stretch considering his history of womanising...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Using Pele as a moral torch is a stretch considering his history of womanising...
OK, try Cruyff instead.

Or Borg, Nicklaus, Laver, Bradman, Bannister...

Edited by Territorial - 05 Sep 2019 at 4:59pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

We have our own fictional hand character on here 

AKA pedantic kunt
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Can someone verify what exactly I keano said about Walters family situation ?

"He talks a good game," he said. "Imagine if he'd won a trophy. He goes on the TV about how he was harshly treated by me. He's crying on the TV about his family situation.

"Maybe he should lie low for a while. Have a look at his medals? That wouldn't take long."

"We got beaten by Wales. Jon played. Jon didn't have a good game. Wardy played, he didn't have a good game. They need to go back see how bad they were."

When it was put to Keane that Walters had scored big goals during his Irish career, he replied: "How many years ago is that? How long is he going to live off that? A certain player scored against Holland and he still is," 

https://cdn-02.independent.ie/incoming/article37386654.ece/56640/BINARY/HSWALTERS1Read-Only.JPG" data-alt="Roy Keane and Jonathan Walters" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px !important;">
Keanes reference to living off past success demonstrates complete lack of self awareness - sad really.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

This thread is proper moorish.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 6:05pm
Walters vs Keane, Who would win a fight do you reckon? 

Edited by t_rAndy - 05 Sep 2019 at 6:05pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 7:47pm
Just saw the video where he’s criticising Fergie

Makes some good points but comes across a bitter old man

Gary Neville is afraid to laugh at any of it in case it offends Sir Alex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129130131 163>
  Share Topic