You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody know anything about cars?????!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132133>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 10:42pm
Anyone in the know tell me if I'm getting fleeced here ?

Brake pads and discs €640
Timing belt €580

Renault kadjar , 2016 1.5 diesel with 125k on the clock

Just don't trust them , trying to tell me I need new tyres when they're only 6 months old 
Why no wine??!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Patman Scoop Patman Scoop wrote:

Anyone in the know tell me if I'm getting fleeced here ?

Brake pads and discs €640
Timing belt €580

Renault kadjar , 2016 1.5 diesel with 125k on the clock

Just don't trust them , trying to tell me I need new tyres when they're only 6 months old 
It certainly sounds like you’re being robbed. 
Just a quick check on micksgarage for brakes shows Pads & discs front & rear coming in around €300 so the garage is charging 340 labour LOL
Timing belt price is reasonable. 
Tyres it’s unlikely you need 4 new ones unless your hitting kerbs left right & centre. 

Edited by 9fingers - 07 Nov 2023 at 12:13am
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 12:10am
You can check the tyres yourself for wear and/or visible damage. There’s an indicator on them between threads to show you. 
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 10:44am
Couldn't find the old thread.

Gear bag strap is caught in the lock of the boot so it won't open. Tried pulling it out but no joy.

Any tips to sort this?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 10:56am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Gear bag strap is caught in the lock of the boot so it won't open. Tried pulling it out but no joy.

Any tips to sort this?
Have ya gone in to boot through back seats? 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 11:05am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Any tips to sort this?
Have ya gone in to boot through back seats? 

Yeah tried pulling at it there but no luck either so far.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 11:16am

Sometimes there’s a little latch inside the boot to open it, have a look for that. But you’ll probably need to 2 people, 1 in boot at the bag and the other outside trying to open it 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 12:57pm
It was the whole way down on page 3Shocked
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 2:05pm
LOL

Got it sorted anyway. Played around with car key opening and shutting and doing that and lifting eventually got it out.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 10:06am
9F me oul broski….the stop start yoke is showing up as faulty in the car. So when you stop at lights etc the car doesn’t automatically shut off like normal. Would that fail the NCT?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 10:09am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

9F me oul broski….the stop start yoke is showing up as faulty in the car. So when you stop at lights etc the car doesn’t automatically shut off like normal. Would that fail the NCT?
No sir. 
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 10:25am
The old DPF light on the car is starting to show now every 2 weeks now, was in Cork a few weeks ago thinking this would clear it out for a while but the light came on two days later. Would getting it cleared out be worth it and can it damage the car in the long run if i left it to clear itself out?
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 11:20am

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

No sir. 
Oh superClap
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 11:35am
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

The old DPF light on the car is starting to show now every 2 weeks now, was in Cork a few weeks ago thinking this would clear it out for a while but the light came on two days later. Would getting it cleared out be worth it and can it damage the car in the long run if i left it to clear itself out?
if it keeps coming on it’s unable to properly clear itself so you’ll need to get it looked at. 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 11:54am
Lads...2018 toyota CHR hybrid.

Sounds coming from dashboard when I start car or turn off. Sounds electrical. 
And the heat doesn't work straight after car starts. Takes about 30 seconds so have to wait to turn it on
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

And the heat doesn't work straight after car starts. Takes about 30 seconds so have to wait to turn it on
Wouldn’t have clue, way too many variables to even guess. Have you had it looked at? 
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 1:58pm

Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

if it keeps coming on it’s unable to properly clear itself so you’ll need to get it looked at. 

Get a DPF cleaner from the likes of Mick's garage and see if that clears it , my kadjar had a "check anti pollution system " message for 2 years that would randomly disappear, it sailed through the nct during one of these windows so it just needed a clean , was quoted €700 to have it sorted in a main dealer , €50 bottle of cleaner did the trick 
Why no wine??!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Radio?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132133>
  Share Topic