You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryanair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conor Messi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ryanair
    Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 7:18pm
As it's impossible to actually speak to a human from Ryanair after booking flights online, I was hoping somebody on here could answer a question for me from their own experience with Ryanair.

I've booked a return trip going out on a Friday morning 08:00 and coming back Sunday night at 19:20.
The problem is that I actually meant to book the flight out on the Friday evening at 18:20 because I can't make the morning flight.
Now I've no problem taking the hit on the price and just booking the outward one I want but my question is: if I miss the first leg of a return booking, do they automatically cancel the return journey?

Or can I just miss the outward flight, get on the later one and fly home on the return leg of the original booking?

I know it's my own stupid mistake and a headache of a question but if anyone on here knew the craic from experience, I'd really appreciate it folks! Thumbs Up
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 7:26pm
return leg would only be cancelled if it was done through skyscanner,ebookers etc - your grand as you are,not taking one leg
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 7:28pm
You're grand. Ryanair are a point to point carrier.  The flights are treated totally separately 
@AntrimMan85
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 7:55pm
Ring them. If you contact them within 24 hours of the booking they only charge you a 10er for the change and whatever the difference in the price is (at lest it was last time I did it a couple of yrs ago).

I've never had a problem getting on to them and you're usually put straight through

Edited by Kerrzy - 18 Oct 2013 at 7:55pm
flow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 8:06pm
Used to work for them second leg is safe but do as kerrzy said n see if they can change it providing it was just booked. good luck
Conor Messi View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conor Messi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 11:11pm
Ah not so bad! Cheers for the info ybiggers
@MessiConor
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Conor Messi Conor Messi wrote:

them cakes musta been very nice, your going back for seconds
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2013 at 12:19am
nah just speak to Michael O'Leary on twiiter #tellMOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2013 at 12:49am
yep second legs safe, no need to worry at all
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2013 at 1:18am
2nd leg is safe I have a degree in missing first legs with ryanair
Conor Messi View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conor Messi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2013 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Originally posted by Conor Messi Conor Messi wrote:

them cakes musta been very nice, your going back for seconds

Jaysus don't even talk to me about them! A whole day of my life lost and I only after 3 or 4 pints!

Got the flight changed anyway. €40 charge to change flight and a few other charges so €52 in total. Could have been worse I suppose. I'll be more careful next time!
@MessiConor
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 1:34pm
Just booked a flight for the missus and her Mam with Ryanair as a present for her birthday. Just realised I spelt her mothers surname incorrectly. Surname is Waldron, I spelt it Walldron. Will they get away with this or will I have to fork out for a name change?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Just booked a flight for the missus and her Mam with Ryanair as a present for her birthday. Just realised I spelt her mothers surname incorrectly. Surname is Waldron, I spelt it Walldron. Will they get away with this or will I have to fork out for a name change?

Have you tried changing the name. I think you can change things like that for free. at worst give it a go dont process it. you should be okay. I got a name wrong and got through before. but some oul pr!ck could decide he wants to act the mickey and be difficult
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 1:54pm
You have to ring them. They change it for free.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 1:58pm

Do not think they will accept a boarding pass with  "Old bag" on it Wink

Edited by Baldrick - 25 Oct 2013 at 2:06pm
AKA pedantic kunt
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 2:04pm
Cheers Kerrzy, took two mins and they sorted it.

Good one baldy.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Do not think they will accept a boarding pass with  "Old bag" on it Wink

That was my "pet name" for my late Mother in Law (R.I.P.)............I bought flowers spelling her "name" for her funeral.......gave everyone a smile as we drove behind the hearse (she would definitely have approved too)

Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 2:24pm
Looking to book flights in October for a short hop. In short my question is, will flights get any cheaper than what I am being quoted now or is what's on offer now the best I'll get?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>
  Share Topic