You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA FOOTBALL 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 223224225226227>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 7:47am
Recently crowned All-Ireland champions Kerry lead the way in the GAA-GPA Opel All-Stars nominations with 11, followed by beaten All-Ireland finalists Donegal who, along with Dublin, earn nine.

Connacht champions Mayo receive six and Monaghan’s successful season is acknowledged by the inclusion of four of their players on the shortlist of 45.

The inclusion of representatives from Armagh (two), Tipperary, Derry, Cork and Galway (one each) means no fewer than ten counties feature on this year’s nominations list.

In all, ten of the players who received awards last year are nominated.

The nominations and shortlists for the Young Player of the Year and Player of the Year are selected by GAA journalists.

The GPA membership will vote on the shortlists for the two individual awards and all of the awards will be presented at the annual All-Stars banquet, which takes place in the Convention Centre in Dublin on Friday 24 October.  

2014 ALL-STARS NOMINATIONS

Goalkeepers: Paul Durcan (Donegal), Rory Beggan (Monaghan), Stephen Cluxton (Dublin).

Full backs: Fionn Fitzgerald (Kerry), Keith Higgins (Mayo), Éamonn McGee (Donegal), Neil McGee (Donegal), Andy Mallon (Armagh), Rory O’Carroll (Dublin), Philip McMahon (Dublin), Paul Murphy (Kerry), Drew Wylie (Monaghan).

Half-backs: Aidan O’Mahony (Kerry), Peter Crowley (Kerry), James McCarthy (Dublin), Frank McGlynn (Donegal), Dessie Mone (Monaghan), Jonny Cooper (Dublin), Colin O’Riordan (Tipperary), Colm Boyle (Mayo), Lee Keegan (Mayo).

Midfield: Neil Gallagher (Donegal), Michael Darragh Macauley (Dublin), Odhrán MacNiallais (Donegal), Anthony Maher (Kerry), David Moran (Kerry), Séamus O’Shea (Mayo).

Half-forwards: Johnny Buckley (Kerry), Diarmuid Connolly (Dublin), Paul Flynn (Dublin), Aidan O’Shea (Mayo), Ryan McHugh (Donegal), Michael Murphy (Donegal), Donnchadh Walsh (Kerry), Shane Walsh (Galway), Mark Lynch (Derry).

Full-forwards: Kieran Donaghy (Kerry), Paul Geaney (Kerry), Conor McManus (Monaghan), Cillian O’Connor (Mayo), James O’Donoghue (Kerry), Brian Hurley (Cork), Kevin McManamon (Dublin), Tony Kernan (Armagh), Paddy McBrearty (Donegal).

Player of the Year Nominations: James O’Donoghue (Kerry), Diarmuid Connolly (Dublin), Neil McGee (Donegal).

Young Player of the Year Nominations: Ryan McHugh (Donegal), Shane Walsh (Galway), Paddy McBrearty (Donegal).

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 9:27am
Am I the only one that didn't think Michael Murphy was that good this year?
From open play i think he was well below his best. I don't get how he's a shoe-in for an allstar
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 8:53pm
Thought Clare would get a nomination, 1 or 2 players spring to mind, but there you go.
Oh Poland we loved you.....
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 12:35am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Am I the only one that didn't think Michael Murphy was that good this year?
From open play i think he was well below his best. I don't get how he's a shoe-in for an allstar

Michael was immense for us this year but the role he played meant his scoring was curtailed a lot. Still dragged us over the line against derry and Armagh. Would say the fact they moved him out to the half forward line indicates he going to get 1. I was studying the all star possibilities one night and came up with 5 donegal 5 kerry and rest shared between Dublin and mayo (think was 2 Dublin 3 mayo) with ryan mchugh getting ypoty and James odonoghue getting pity. But that was me including murphy in full forward instead of donaghy
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2014 at 8:01pm
Cratloe looking to make history in tomorrow's Clare County Football Final. Not since Ennis Dals 80 years ago have a team done the double in the county. They're 1 game away now.
It's my club in their way so I hope to god we can do the job on the day and win our first football county final in 7 years.
This will be a great game of football for sure, both teams will play ball for the hour and could be high scoring given the favourable forecast for tomorrow.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 11:32am
Cratloe did the double, and in style. Their immense and all credit to them.
If they weren't in the hurling I'd back them for St Patricks Day their that good. It'll be hard to do both though.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

If they weren't in the hurling I'd back them for St Patricks Day their that good. It'll be hard to do both though.
a lot of good teams to play to win the club football.Some very experienced teams knocking around.Crossmaglen and Corofin were joint favs .
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 12:38pm
I know.
But trust me these lads are exceptional. And I say that having been to many Munster club games. If they weren't in the hurling I'd back them. If their beat in the hurling and are still in the football it'll be a good team that will beat them. I expect them to win Munster even with the hurling.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

a lot of good teams to play to win the club football.Some very experienced teams knocking around.Crossmaglen and Corofin were joint favs .
Dr. Crokes are out which will open up Munster in a big way. The Kerry final is between Austin Stacks and Mid-Kerry who are a divisional team so I presume it'll be Austin Stacks representing Kerry either way. The Cork final is between two unfancied teams also. The Kerry and Cork representatives are in the same half of the draw.

Cratloe might well be out of the hurling three weeks before they even play their first Munster football tie anyway as they have to play Ballygunner away on October 26th whereas they don't play the Limerick or Waterford football representatives until November 16th. 

But to be honest I'd fancy the All-Ireland to come down to Vincent's and whoever wins Ulster, probably Crossmaglen again, although Plunkett's might give Vincent's a very good run for their money in Dublin - they've got their act together in a big way this year and have already put out Kilmacud Crokes and Ballymun, the latter by a big margin.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Dr. Crokes are out which will open up Munster in a big way. The Kerry final is between Austin Stacks and Mid-Kerry who are a divisional team so I presume it'll be Austin Stacks representing Kerry either way.
Kerry has some f**ked up system tho, there's a Senior Football Championship (Stacks V Mid Kerry) and a Senior Club Championship (Crokes V Legion).

If Stacks win the SFC, they go to Munster. If MK win, the SCC champions go to Munster.

So Crokes could be back yet!  
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 1:46pm
Corofin will get ambushed at some stage past Galway. Better Corofin sides than this one in the past and the lack of any serious challenge here will do them no good, they'll get drawn into a battle or having to chase a game against better sides and won't come through it

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 2:40pm
What about Mayo DP? Who's in the mix up there?
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 2:42pm

Ballintubber -v- Castlebar
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 2:52pm

Castlebar are Connaught champions/lost the AI last year and are playing in the county final next Sunday against Ballintubber.Bookies have both teams at evs.I think Ballintubber won the county championship in 2011.

Edited by rossieman - 13 Oct 2014 at 2:57pm
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

Corofin will get ambushed at some stage past Galway. Better Corofin sides than this one in the past and the lack of any serious challenge here will do them no good, they'll get drawn into a battle or having to chase a game against better sides and won't come through it

Do you know which way the Connaught matches are this year who do each county/club play ?
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 2:59pm
Pretty sure it's Galway -v- Sligo/Leitrim and Mayo -v- Ross.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 6:46pm
Really looking forward to the Dublin final tonight. I think Plunkett's could shock Vincent's. Will be close either way I think.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 9:03pm
Donegal confirm Rory Gallagher as new donegal manager. He has knowledge of the squad which is good but limited managerial experience so will wait and see how he does
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 223224225226227>
  Share Topic