URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=45838
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 3:45pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: GAA FOOTBALL 2014
Posted By: RogerMilla
Subject: GAA FOOTBALL 2014
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 8:08am
Right  , when is the draw ?  LOL

Mayo are in New York this year i believe.....

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Replies:
Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 8:13am
2 or 3 weeks Rog it generally takes place not too long after the AI final

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 8:14am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Draw was on 1st week in October last year. A home draw against Antrim would be nice

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 8:42am

THURSDAY 3 OCTOBER

GAA CHAMPIONSHIP DRAW
Live coverage of the 2014 GAA Championship draws.
Channel: RTÉ Two
Time: 7.00pm
Live Streaming: Worldwide

-------------

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 9:10am
Antrim for Sa....ah fook it, who we kidding. Same clown of a manager as last year - be lucky to beat Kilkenny at this rate.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 9:11am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Antrim for Sa....ah fook it, who we kidding. Same clown of a manager as last year - be lucky to beat Kilkenny at this rate.

Jaysus that bad AM

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 9:20am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Draw was on 1st week in October last year. A home draw against Antrim would be nice
nice easy one away in ballybofey would be grand for us

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Jaysus that bad AM

Yup. Two of the best players in the county (who happen to be from a rival club to his own - the story of Antrim GAA right there) left the panel last year as they were attending the anniversary mass of a relative. Dawson, the manager, said that was grand, and they could meet the team at the hotel in Monaghan. Day of the match/mass, he calls said players, saying if they don't skip the mass and get on the team bus they can forget it altogether.

What an absolute c**t. And our fookin clowns of a county board rushed to re-appoint him in August without waiting to see who would actually be available next year.

Joke shop.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Posted By: eire32
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 9:44am
Love a crack at dublin! We sent the then champions packing in ta first round back in 2000.. we can do it again!

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 9:47am
Itll be our year.Cmon the Lilys

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 9:55am
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

Itll be our year.Cmon the Lilys

Clap

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:02am
Originally posted by eire32 eire32 wrote:

Love a crack at dublin! We sent the then champions packing in ta first round back in 2000.. we can do it again!

LOLLOL

Posted By: greengiant
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:04am
Cavan for Ulster!,get on!,with Seanie more than likely back he could be that extra prong in attack that we need!

-------------
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:06am
Originally posted by greengiant greengiant wrote:

Cavan for Ulster!,get on!,with Seanie more than likely back he could be that extra prong in attack that we need!

he certainly is a prong LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:09am

Reckon yis'll be a force in the hurling now he's back?

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:11am

Jaysus that bad AM

Yup. Two of the best players in the county (who happen to be from a rival club to his own - the story of Antrim GAA right there) left the panel last year as they were attending the anniversary mass of a relative. Dawson, the manager, said that was grand, and they could meet the team at the hotel in Monaghan. Day of the match/mass, he calls said players, saying if they don't skip the mass and get on the team bus they can forget it altogether.

What an absolute c**t. And our fookin clowns of a county board rushed to re-appoint him in August without waiting to see who would actually be available next year.

Joke shop.

Jesus what an absolute c*nt

-------------

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:13am
Ah lads fock off
Closing this thread till December

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:14am

LOLLOLLOL Personally I cant stand him,never could!,but hes a very good player on his day and if hes doing it at club level,I and the majority of Cavan wont have a problem with him back in the set up if it means a better chance of success,i just hope the rest of the squad feel the same!

-------------
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:17am

Reckon yis'll be a force in the hurling now he's back?
LOLLOLClap

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:18am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

LOLLOL

well at least I seen my team win the all ireland.TwiceI

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:20am
Cork can have a say this year with a proper manager

-------------

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:26am

LOLLOLLOL Personally I cant stand him,never could!,but hes a very good player on his day and if hes doing it at club level,I and the majority of Cavan wont have a problem with him back in the set up if it means a better chance of success,i just hope the rest of the squad feel the same!

Seen donegal play Cavan in 2011 and 2012 and personally thought were a better team without Johnston. He the type of player that wants do it all by himself unlike keating and dunne who worked great as a partnership this year

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:27am
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

nice easy one away in ballybofey would be grand for us

Aw I'm sure jim and the boys will make you's feel very welcome as well

-------------

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:56am
Was talking to clucko in parnells and he said to make it fair on all the other counties Dublin will play the same way as they did for the last 15 minutes in at AIF against Mayo next year.

with 13 men  

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 11:08am

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 11:30am

Seen donegal play Cavan in 2011 and 2012 and personally thought were a better team without Johnston. He the type of player that wants do it all by himself unlike keating and dunne who worked great as a partnership this year
Good point he is without a doubt that type of player,however im remaining optimistic it can be beaten out of him!,he was the main man back then in his head and unfortunately on the field. His stature within the squad has fallen so hopefully the three can work together. Keating can be quite selfish at times too. I just feel everyone sussed us out and went tight and doubled up on Dunne,with Seanie in there hopefully teams cant just rely on keeping dunne quiet. Very optimistic going into next year...very proud of what they achieved this year! Clap

-------------

Posted By: Del-Piero
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 11:52am
Galway's turn to cross the water and face the challenge of London next May. We'll know what to expect from the Exiles and will not take them for granted. I'd expect us to overcome that and be suitably prepared for a semi-final clash with either Sligo or Roscommon, preferably the latter.

Last provincial title in 2008, last final appearance in 2009 Shocked by the time the final rolls around in July that will be 5 years! Thumbs Down

In the words of Ray Silke when referring to our terrible record during the 90's in Connacht "that is a f**king disgrace"

Are this group of players the ones who are going to change it? Time will tell. First focus for Mulholland will be to get promotion from Division 2 in the League. We'll take it from there after.

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Personally, I think you're a f**king idiot.

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 12:52pm
New York for us alright. League Final in New York too. They should put them within 7 days, be a class trip to go over to with 4 teams represented, but hopefully we get to the league final and that makes 3

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 1:05pm
Done this bet few weeks ago....
1 part up anyway!Clap

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

In the words of Ray Silke when referring to our terrible record during the 90's in Connacht "that is a f**king disgwace"

fixed.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 1:10pm

Galway's turn to cross the water and face the challenge of London next May. We'll know what to expect from the Exiles and will not take them for granted. I'd expect us to overcome that and be suitably prepared for a semi-final clash with either Sligo or Roscommon, preferably the latter.

is that set in stone already ? does that mean leitrim play the winner of mayo new york in the other semi ?

-------------

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 1:23pm

is that set in stone already ? does that mean leitrim play the winner of mayo new york in the other semi ?

Fcuking hope not! At least when you beat New York we will have ye in fortress Pairc Seain

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 1:24pm
No the draw isn't done. Mayo and Galway playing abroad alright

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

No the draw isn't done. Mayo and Galway playing abroad alright

is it possible for the mayo new york game to be a semi or must it be a quarter ?

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 1:28pm
Both London and NY are quarters

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 1:35pm

Both London and NY are quarters

so , could conceiveably get any other connacht team in the semi right ?

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 1:47pm
I think so yeah

Hoping for: New York, Ross, Galway.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 2:26pm

The overseas games are done on a rotational basis every year. that will leave the Rossies, Leitrim & Sligo to be drawn in the last preliminary with one team getting the bye.

Also I believe the New York & London are kept on opposite sides of the draw as well so the only way Mayo will be playing Galway is in the final I think.

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 2:35pm
Nope not true Del Piero. Leitrim played both this year in the last 8 and the semi

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 2:39pm
new york , london , sligo

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 2:39pm

new york , london , sligo
Dead

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 2:52pm
When are league games announced?

-------------

ROLL ON 2016

Posted By: Guf10
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 4:38pm
Galway for Connacht champ 2014Thumbs Up

-------------
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

Best of luck with that Thumbs Up.

The pain is starting to subside a tiny bit and am starting to think about next year. I really cant see anyone beating Mayo or Dublin. Could be another Mayo Dublin Final

Posted By: RazorMac
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

Best of luck with that Thumbs Up.

The pain is starting to subside a tiny bit and am starting to think about next year. I really cant see anyone beating Mayo or Dublin. Could be another Mayo Dublin Final
What way are the semi finals next year. This year it was leinster v munster and ulster v connaught providing all provincial champs come through the quarters?

-------------
Ah heere leeeeeave it ouuuut

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 5:35pm
Leinster v Ulster and Munster v Connacht

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 6:39pm

Nope not true Del Piero. Leitrim played both this year in the last 8 and the semi

I should have known that, I was involved with the Connacht championship this year Embarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 6:40pm

Leinster v Ulster and Munster v Connacht
Dublin v Tyrone or donegal and kerry v mayo. Kerry surprised me in the semi. Will be good next year if they can repeat that. Took them a while to but into the new management but improved as the year went on..

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 10:36pm
Cork and Kerry to be seeded for the 2014 Munster Championship

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football/2013/0926/476693-new-seeded-munster-sfc-draw-stands/" rel="nofollow - http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football/2013/0926/476693-new-seeded-munster-sfc-draw-stands/  

God forbid they met before the final Ermm 

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 10:46pm
Yeah there has been trouble for the last few weeks over this. Other 4 counties talking about boycotting. Would serve them right.

-------------

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 10:56pm

Yeah there has been trouble for the last few weeks over this. Other 4 counties talking about boycotting. Would serve them right.
Didn't they vote for it?

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 11:08pm
Cork are the team to watch. They have the talent. What they need is Aidan Walsh rampaging around the middle of the field like McAuley does for Dublin. He has more natural talent and is every bit as good an athlete. He's the man they need to be building their team around. 

Up front they are strong. Brian Hurley was a real find for them this year. Ciaran Sheehan is top class. Daniel Goulding is a fine player and a great free taker. Paddy Kelly and Paul Kerrigan were hampered by injury this year and should be back. Colm O'Neill will find it very difficult to come back from a third cruciate injury to the same knee however. 

Brian Cuthbert seems to be the front runner for new manager. Don't know much about him. They had gone a bit stale under Conor Counihan though and expect them to be rejuvenated. 

They'll have Kerry in Pairc Ui Chaoimh as well in the Munster final and they have a very good home record against Kerry. I fancy a Cork-Mayo semi-final. Cork have traditionally been a bogey team for Mayo although Mayo of course beat them in 2011. Cork were not right at all that day though. 

My very long range prediction would be Dublin to meet Cork or Mayo in the final. 

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 11:29pm
What do you reckon for the other semi Sid, Dublin v Tyrone ?

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 11:30pm
With Mayo losing back to back finals, it's all set up for a repeat of 98 Approve

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 11:48pm

What do you reckon for the other semi Sid, Dublin v Tyrone ?
I'm not convinced by Tyrone. Their attack and the way they play is too pedestrian, and they still rely a lot on their older players like Cavanagh, McMahon and Gormley. Stephen O'Neill I'm afraid is probably finished as an effective player at senior championship level. They have some good young talent but there's nothing to indicate that it's anywhere near as good as the players of the last decade. That was a once in a lifetime team. They're a classic example of a team in transition. 

Donegal still probably look the best of what's there in Ulster but I don't expect them to win another All-Ireland. 

I have a feeling Down could nip in to win Ulster next year. They have some great footballers. Wide open really and a lot will depend on the draw.

Armagh are a team who should be doing better than they are as they have talent but it'll take McGeeney or Tony McEntee to come in to harness it and that almost certainly won't happen next year.

I'd expect improved showings from Galway, Kildare and especially Meath next year. Mick O'Dowd seems pretty clued in from the little I know about him. 

Kerry are just about hanging on, I think, despite their great effort in the semi-final. I'd be surprised if they can come back and win another All-Ireland. 

Dublin have the best chance of retaining it of any team since Kerry. But they'll do well to maintain this year's form, even with the strong competition for places.

Dublin, Mayo or Cork will be the three to beat. 

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 9:16am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Didn't they vote for it?

It's the players talking about boycotting. One of the Limerick footballers said last night there might be literally only one game in the Munster championship next year

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 9:18am

Didn't they vote for it?

It's the players talking about boycotting. One of the Limerick footballers said last night there might be literally only one game in the Munster championship next year

its a complete disgrace the seeding , let kerry and cork fcuk off to the qualifiers when one puts the other out.

-------------

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 11:21am

Didn't they vote for it?

its a complete disgrace the seeding , let kerry and cork fcuk off to the qualifiers when one puts the other out.

Agree that it's a total disgrace and injustice to the rest of munster. Munster council just want their big pay day every summer. I hope this decision might prompt the gaa to look at overhauling the provincials. We will never see another county win munster now. Even though it rarely happens anyway. Provincials are a pile of sh*t these days anyway. With the odd exception of a county winning to have a bit of glory, they are pointless imo

Posted By: Neil Armstrong
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 11:22am

This along with the seeding in Munster is an absolute joke counties like Kerry/Cork/Mayo/Galway playing Div.4 teams in the championship every year and getting handy runs into the QFs has to stop! Connacht and Munster championship should be amalgamated and no fcukin seeding!

-------------
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

This along with the seeding in Munster is an absolute joke counties like Kerry/Cork/Mayo/Galway playing Div.4 teams in the championship every year and getting handy runs into the QFs has to stop! Connacht and Munster championship should be amalgamated and no fcukin seeding!

what the connacht championshop has to stop LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 11:34am
If the provincials were gotten rid of a Champions League style format would be a possibility. New York would lose out though. 8 groups of 4. Although would their be time to play it on a home and away basis or would their only be time for 3 games each

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 11:59am
You just can't stop the Connacht Championship when Leitrim are on the verge of a massive breakthrough any year now

On a more serious note, where do New York & London go then?

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 12:01pm

If the provincials were gotten rid of a Champions League style format would be a possibility. New York would lose out though. 8 groups of 4. Although would their be time to play it on a home and away basis or would their only be time for 3 games each

turkeys dont vote for christmas, the councils will never get rid of the provincials

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 12:34pm

You just can't stop the Connacht Championship when Leitrim are on the verge of a massive breakthrough any year now

They play each other in an All-Ireland semi-final, with the winner qualifying for the All-Ireland final. 

The current All-Ireland final would be redesignated as the All-Ireland "home" final, with the winners playing London or New York in the real final. 

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 12:35pm

turkeys dont vote for christmas, the councils will never get rid of the provincials

They did in Munster, when Limerick voted to bring back seeding.

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 12:39pm

Yeah, not sure that arguement really stands up. Organising inter-county provincial championships would probably be a fairly small part of what provincial councils do. At that level its all CCC anyway I would have thought.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 12:41pm

Yeah, not sure that arguement really stands up. Organising inter-county provincial championships would probably be a fairly small part of what provincial councils do. At that level its all CCC anyway I would have thought.
Is that the CCC, the CCCC or C&C the soft drinks manufacturers you're talking about?

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 12:46pm

Is that the CCC, the CCCC or C&C the soft drinks manufacturers you're talking about?

Ah, its CCC at county level, CCCC at national level. The GAA - some boyos for the acronyms

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 12:48pm

They play each other in an All-Ireland semi-final, with the winner qualifying for the All-Ireland final. 

The current All-Ireland final would be redesignated as the All-Ireland "home" final, with the winners playing London or New York in the real final. 

LOL now that's old school

-------------

Posted By: Dukla
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 1:37pm
Heart Provincials. Don't really see a huge problem with Munster being seeded. Last time a team other than Kerry or Cork won it was Clare in 92, & the last time before that was Tipp in 1935.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 3:05pm
How many of ye Mayo fags are coming to New York in May??

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 3:09pm

Also, kimbap, irishmufc and any other Mayo posters, myself and a few others getting flags made for Mayo games. Any ideas let me know, and let me know if you are interested in contributing Trying to bring a small bit of colour for FBD, LEague and home Championship games.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 11:45pm

that would be some trip to be fair.
london put on a great weekend for us in the league back in feb!

new york for the championship wud be the bizz

Date Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 12:45am

Have never been to new York so really want to go to this. Will try putting away a bit each month and hopefully ill have enough to go

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 11:12pm
http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=202083" rel="nofollow - http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=202083

Fair play to the players from the 4 Munster counties sticking it to the council. Will be interesting to see what happens!

-------------

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 11:18pm
Draw tmw morning for next season am I right in saying this?

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 11:24pm

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=202083" rel="nofollow - http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=202083

Fair play to the players from the 4 Munster counties sticking it to the council. Will be interesting to see what happens!

That situation is totally fcuked up. It was proposed to seed Cork & Kerry by the Munster Council (driven by the chairman of Munster, who is a Clare man), basically in order to incvrease revenue for a Cork/Kerry Munster final. When it came to a vote, Clare and Tipp voted against, Cork, Kerry and Limerick voted for, Waterford abstained. 

What the fcuk Limerick and Waterford were thinking I have no idea, county board ineptitude is nothing new around here, whatever about Limerick. After emergency meetings  or whatever, delegates from Lk and WD were told to vote against it, but they were informed they couldn't change their vote because of some GAA law or some such. 

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I would think Limerick's vote may be connected to reinstatement to Div 1A of the hurling league (a change proposed by the GAA themselves, after same GAA said the league structure could not be changed until 2015 under any circumstances only last year) and Waterfords abstention to the ongoing upgrade (well, small improvement) to Walsh Park, AKA the worst County ground in Ireland, but that might be a bit far fetched..............

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

tomorrow evening at 7pm I thought I heard last weekend. Could be wrong though

Edit: yeah it's at 7pm live on rte2

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

tomorrow evening at 7pm I thought I heard last weekend. Could be wrong though

Edit: yeah it's at 7pm live on rte2

Cheers Colm.

Posted By: GoneToShowgies
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 11:31pm
Could a GAA county be too broke to field a team next season. I know Sligo are 1.5 million in the hole and other counties are too. If they cant pay for the basics they are in serious trouble. Will Croke Park need to start writingn big checks for loads of counties.

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 11:40pm
Bailed out Kildare last year AFAIK could be thinking of another county though

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Could a GAA county be too broke to field a team next season. I know Sligo are 1.5 million in the hole and other counties are too. If they cant pay for the basics they are in serious trouble. Will Croke Park need to start writingn big checks for loads of counties.

I think intervention only occurs unless the counties themselves request it. Croker have already wrote cheques out I believe when Kildare requested assistance a few years ago. They seem to be getting their house in order and will be paying back those loans over time. It's openly acknowledged by Mayo fans here that they themselves are in debt but they seem to be coping fairly well by all accounts.

Sligo won't be allowed to appoint a manager until they sort themselves out financially. I'm surprised that they've gotten themselves into so much debt to be honest Confused

The pivotal moment re: finances will come to a head if a county can't field a senior inter-county team due to their money problems. I personally can't see that happening though

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 11:53pm
Hope we get dublin!
get them in tullamore and we will take them down..

Hon the FaithfulClap

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 12:30am

Hope we get dublin!

Hon the FaithfulClap
Thats the funniest joke you've ever posted eire

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 12:52am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

If they can't field a team, I'll move to Sligo and play for them, just so I can say I played senior inter-county football. 

I'm easy as regards expenses.

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 2:04am
For the Mayo lads ye should try to head to NY for the game.had great couple of days over there when Ros played a few years back.

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 12:42pm
Tomás Ó Sé has called it a day. One of the greatest of all time

-------------

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 1:22pm
A truly great wing back. Thanks for all the good times Tomas :-)

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 2:42pm

Great player! Clap

Was taught by him in primary school and must say he was one of the soundest people ever. Use to raffle off Kerry gear and other things from his sponsors to the class.

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 2:48pm

Hope we get dublin!

Hon the FaithfulClap

LOL

Be careful what you wish for. Dublin are a better team than Tyrone and look what happened when they rocked up to Tullamore.

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 2:54pm
Are the dubs being made travel for a game this year? 

-------------

ROLL ON 2016

Posted By: Dukla
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 3:01pm

Wouldn't mind a trip to the sticks myself.

-------------

Posted By: tony grealish
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 3:02pm

Hope we get dublin!

Hon the FaithfulClap

LOLLOL

And to think this fella has a reputation on here for being unfunny!Shocked

-------------
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 3:22pm
I agree that Munster should be seeded. The four counties just get in the way of Cork playing Kerry. There's nothing worse than a full house for Cork and Kerry and then a empty one sided game in the final. They are saying that they won't allow their players to play in the Railway cup, they arn't good enough to get on the team. They all played division four this season.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Posted By: newrygreen
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 7:04pm
Down to be drawn away to Derry again.

-------------
Twitter: @50SavesOfDeGea

Posted By: SuperDub
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

Are the dubs being made travel for a game this year? 

It's not a case we don't want to travel it's the case the Leinster Council will not let us play outside of Croke Park. Most dubs would like a game down in Wexford Kilkenny or Tullamore but the Leinster Council will lose to much money by Dublin playing outside of Croke Park and they are a greedy shower.

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 7:22pm
Munster draw is ridiculous.

-------------

Posted By: JohnnyD87
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 7:24pm
Can sumone post up the draw

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 7:25pm
How are London playing Galway and New York playing mayo. How have them fixtures already been made.

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 7:26pm
Hold on here, was it possible for us to be drawn into the quarter final there? Whhich means we'd have to win 4 games?

Anyways, that's a perfect draw! Exactly what I wanted!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net