FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Germany / Kazakhstan Match Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 36>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Goldendixie View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldendixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Germany / Kazakhstan Match Thread
    Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 2:50pm
Good to see the lads wrap up with a win, King showed he was out of his depth after the match sadly.
Sponsored Links

JamesyIrishGuy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesyIrishGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 1:58pm
I'm Mick McCarthy's baby!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 1:02pm
Was good to see us try and keep the ball on the deck, take more quick throw ins and free kicks which caught the Kazaks out at times as they might have been expecting the long ball. Reid's chip in the second half was pleasing, team needs a bit of flair.

Good to have John O'Shea back in the team, good organiser at the back and excellent communicator (prob why he is Sunderland captain) constantly talking to his back 4 and midfielders. Dunne also seems to be back to full fitness again and in good shape.

coleman's View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coleman's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 12:24am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Agree with that. I thought we actually retained possession alright and passed it about okay at times. There were a few quiet spells (after we took the lead til half time, the first twenty minutes of the second half) but I thought we were decent enough actually. Coleman did run into blind alleys at time but he wasn't playing with a winger in front of him. Wilson was pretty poor as well.

McGeady demonstrated in fifteen minutes why he should be in the team, tbh. Reid was decent, Stokes was just about okay, and Keane was poor enough. I think, given the fact we did manage to get a few crosses in, Long or Doyle up front would have been better options.
I honestly don't think this lad should start for Ireland again.  It was a bit of a shop window for him tonight and I just don't think he is up to it. Unfortunate as I really liked him a few years ago and thought he might push on
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 12:19am
Agree with that. I thought we actually retained possession alright and passed it about okay at times. There were a few quiet spells (after we took the lead til half time, the first twenty minutes of the second half) but I thought we were decent enough actually. Coleman did run into blind alleys at time but he wasn't playing with a winger in front of him. Wilson was pretty poor as well.

McGeady demonstrated in fifteen minutes why he should be in the team, tbh. Reid was decent, Stokes was just about okay, and Keane was poor enough. I think, given the fact we did manage to get a few crosses in, Long or Doyle up front would have been better options.
coleman's View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coleman's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 12:14am
Thought Doyle was poor enough myself, rarely offered support to coleman. Marc Wilson was very poor, unfortunately lack of options at LB. Stokes and Mcgeady highlights for me, players who display close control of the ball and both were creative enough
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 12:09am
I really like when Hoolahan and Mccarthy play alongside each other, you have quality of total football there
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 12:08am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The starting 11 was very disappointing and very frustrating.

The lack of width and definitely showed in the first half as our players didn't know what to do with the ball.

I don't blame any players for their performance as this was all down the horrific tactics and poor management.

Can you imagine if Trap played those players in both these games?

The lack of subs as well was an absolute joke.

Long not getting any game time and Doyle a league 1 plauer getting 180 mins must be very frustrating for him.

but doyle and stokes had good games tonight

Between Coleman and good James McCarthy was the man of the match, both were very composed and showed true flair
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 11:52pm

The lack of width and definitely showed in the first half as our players didn't know what to do with the ball.

I don't blame any players for their performance as this was all down the horrific tactics and poor management.

Long not getting any game time and Doyle a league 1 plauer getting 180 mins must be very frustrating for him.

but doyle and stokes had good games tonight
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 11:27pm
Doyle didnt play bad , but he was out of his position, but he took care of the ball, and he never gives it away, that is good thing about Kevin Doyle,  I felt Andy Reid was out of legs after the 60 minutes and should be replaced before, for Hoolahan, Mc Geady for Stokes or Doyle depending of who was tired.  I think my man of the match was Seamus Coleman, a joy to watch and he is so confident with the ball, very unlucky that his missed kicked delivered a wonderful striker from another planet, What a gol, out of nowhere, unstoppable and unpredictable.  James McCarthy and Coleman they are working together just fine, they link really well...

Whelan was ok when on, as Gibson did, he tore his ankle?   Ronnie Whelan he is a joy to listen to, he is always spot on ,  

Regarding the manager, I would have played Pilkington or McClean for Kevin Doyle, but  Doyle was ok, he was just out of position,..  Stokes was the most menacing forward even better than Keane, who had a quiet game, but he  almost delivered twice tonight. 

ireland was better in the second half, this games are really hard, because this teams, they just sit back and try to nick a goal, and then it is hard to break,  thank god, they made an indivual mistake for the penalty and the rest ,   Hoolahan should have been introduced before at least 25 for Reid that was really tired

rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 11:04pm

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 10:50pm

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 10:24pm
Noel King, what an absolute child and clueless manager, worrying to think this is the guy who has been charged with guiding our most gifted young players through to Senior level.
We're decent enough..
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 10:17pm
One of Kings lines from his post match interview on Sky when asked of he was worried when the Kazakhstan goal went in:

'Of course, we did well to claw it back. I'm not a dud, I'm a dub alright bit at least I'm not a dud'
KILCRUISE View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KILCRUISE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 10:17pm
Lads know we won game tonight but what was that with selection and tactics. Weird altogether. Roll on some inspiring future with a coach that understands the players,their best roles and team ability. What a shambles this game and campaign.
may the road rise to meet you but make sure it does not slap you in the face
Sham96 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 10:04pm
King was way out of order.  O"Donoghue was correct to ask him about not starting natural wingers.  
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 10:03pm
Only saw the Sky post match interview with King. Loads of cliches and talking without saying anything. 

But the man was only stepping in. Can't expect too much in fairness.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

What did he say??

Said that TOD denigrated the players then tried to walk off. His back was up from the beginning and he came across as an arrogant pr!ck. very unprofessional
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 36>
  Share Topic