Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=45832
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 7:51pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Germany / Kazakhstan Match Thread
Posted By: El_nino
Subject: Germany / Kazakhstan Match Thread
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 8:32pm
Haven't seen a match thread for these yet.

When is the squad announced? Be interesting to see if King includes the likes of Gibson & Andy Reid. Although some may see these as meaningless games, we are fighting to stay in pot two for European Championships qualifying draw.

Replies:
Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 8:37pm
Dont think we will see any new faces brought into the squad until the new manager is appointed.
Good luck to Noel in these 2 games, one of irish footballs true gents of the game

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 8:44pm
Friday or maybe Friday week

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 9:14pm
Announced Friday. Gibson is a cert IMO. Probably Stokes too seeing as hes played under him. Not so sure about Reid.

Delaney/Pearce probably be in with Sledge injured and Dunne and O Shea out. Will Keane come over? Brady may be in the 21s squad

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 9:22pm
Yeah I can see Stokes being named alright along with Gibson. Keane will 100% travel, can't see him opting out. Be interesting to see who starts CB in Cologne. Clark is a cert I'd say if he's fit but wonder who will partner him.

Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Yeah I can see Stokes being named alright along with Gibson. Keane will 100% travel, can't see him opting out. Be interesting to see who starts CB in Cologne. Clark is a cert I'd say if he's fit but wonder who will partner him.
o'dea I would guess

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

o'dea I would guess

Would certainly be him if Trap was still in charge. Just wondering if King will see things differently.

Posted By: Greengunner
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 11:25pm

Id like to see Stephen kelly and Clark myself

Posted By: rainpaulo
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 11:29pm
Kelly ain't a centre back.

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 11:33pm
My team for Germany provided everyone is fit and available

Westwood
Coleman....Clark...Wilson...Joey O Brien.
..............McCarthy....Gibson..................
..Pilkington....Hoolahan.........Brady......
.........................Keane/Stokes or Long..

Posted By: rolo
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 11:36pm
Gibson was way off the pace tonight for Everton. Notwithstanding his lack of fitness, he was poor all round. Mistimed challenges, overhit passes, would not be starting against Germany on that kind of form.

McCarthy was fairly anonymous for a lot of the first half (Everton's best spell). Neat passer of the ball but then seems to find himself in a position where he cant retrieve it again, and as has been pointed out doesn't go looking for it enough. Got stuck in in the second half but overall, not his best performance although better than Gibson.

Coleman was good tonight. One of the few Everton players to emerge with any credit, although he missed a really good chance to equalise late on when all he had to do was hit the target but he messed it up.

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Posted By: Greengunner
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

Kelly ain't a centre
back.

Id much rather him than O' Dea. He played their for 2 friendlys If i remember correctly. Not really blessed with options for cover in this game. Wilson not an option for me

Posted By: coleman's
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 12:14am
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Gibson was way off the pace tonight for Everton. Notwithstanding his lack of fitness, he was poor all round. Mistimed challenges, overhit passes, would not be starting against Germany on that kind of form.

McCarthy was fairly anonymous for a lot of the first half (Everton's best spell). Neat passer of the ball but then seems to find himself in a position where he cant retrieve it again, and as has been pointed out doesn't go looking for it enough. Got stuck in in the second half but overall, not his best performance although better than Gibson.

Coleman was good tonight. One of the few Everton players to emerge with any credit, although he missed a really good chance to equalise late on when all he had to do was hit the target but he messed it up.
Not sure about coleman tonight rolo, that miss was shocking, and he wasn't very influential, still he must've going mad at deulofeu to pass the bloody thing. also gibson was at fault for fulhams second, didn't close quick enough and turned his back on the play. McCarthy was quiet and both midfileder's seemed to lose the ball a lot which resulted in those mistimed challenges

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 12:23am
McCarthy is very shy. I hope he comes out of his shell more because he needs to find more aggression and voice on the pitch and be more demanding of himself and his team mates. He has a tendency to let games pass him by. Needs to learn how to take a game by the scruff of the neck and 'own' it.  He doesn't seem great when things are going against his team. He's not a fighter.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 12:24am
It was a very bad miss. No complaints there. Should have hit the target.

I think other than that though he was ok tonight. You certainly couldnt say he had a bad game. Whereas most of the other Everton players were shocking.

Yeah Gibson was at fault for that goal. Not Ireland material on that performance. Not in time for Germany anyway

-------------

Posted By: IrwinClass
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 4:18am

Gibson was rusty no doubt, although he was still better than McCarthy for me, both were quite poor overall though. To say McCarthy was anonymous is a bit of an understatement. At least you knew Gibson was on the pitch. Mistimed challenges? Karagounis made a meal of the first foul and the second foul on Parker looked like a great tackle. Gibson appeared to be slack for the goal although he showed Bent onto his left foot and Robles should be saving that really from that angle.

Germany is 2 and a half weeks away and Everton have two games before that, so no reason for Gibson to not be in the squad unless you've discovered some new midfielders.

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 11:04am

Shane Duffy?? but imagine he would stay with U21 him being captain and all

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 11:09am
Originally posted by IrwinClass IrwinClass wrote:

Gibson was rusty no doubt, although he was still better than McCarthy for me, both were quite poor overall though. To say McCarthy was anonymous is a bit of an understatement. At least you knew Gibson was on the pitch. Mistimed challenges? Karagounis made a meal of the first foul and the second foul on Parker looked like a great tackle. Gibson appeared to be slack for the goal although he showed Bent onto his left foot and Robles should be saving that really from that angle.

Germany is 2 and a half weeks away and Everton have two games before that, so no reason for Gibson to not be in the squad unless you've discovered some new midfielders.

Never said Gibson shouldnt be in the squad, if you read my post - which you quoted - I said he shouldnt be starting against Germany.

As for McCarthy, yeah I do agree than anonymous was an understatement, he was invisible in the first half. But he improved in the second half.

Overall, I am very worried about our midfield after last night. There is no doubt that both are talented players, but if both play like that against Germany we will get a hiding.

This game in Cologne is going to be a very long 90 minutes.

-------------

Posted By: fochie
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 12:09pm
Hope your wrong Rolo,but yeah, it doesnt look great tbh,we might see a rejuvenated team with a decent performance,heres hoping.

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 4:40pm

Never said Gibson shouldnt be in the squad, if you read my post - which you quoted - I said he shouldnt be starting against Germany.

As for McCarthy, yeah I do agree than anonymous was an understatement, he was invisible in the first half. But he improved in the second half.

Overall, I am very worried about our midfield after last night. There is no doubt that both are talented players, but if both play like that against Germany we will get a hiding.

This game in Cologne is going to be a very long 90 minutes.

Fair enough. They didn't get the opportunity last night to play CM together though. That waste of space Heitinga was there getting in the way which meant that McCarthy was playing AM/covering RM. McCarthy improved when it was him and Barry playing CM in the last 20 mins.

First half it was:

Coleman Stones Distin Oviedo
               Heitinga Gibson
Deulofeu      McCarthy   Naismith
                Lukaku

After the subs it became:

Stones Jagielka Distin
Coleman                           Oviedo
         McCarthy Barry
   Mirallas                Deulofeu
               Lukaku

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 4:50pm
McCarthy is better holding up the play. Hes no attacking midfielder and IMO he wont be anytime soon either

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

McCarthy is better holding up the play. Hes no attacking midfielder and IMO he wont be anytime soon either

Agree completely. It's strange that Martinez at the moment wants to try him at being McPlatini again.

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 6:03pm
Don't expect too many changes. I be happy to see Gibson and Andy Reid back

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 7:05pm

Agree completely. It's strange that Martinez at the moment wants to try him at being McPlatini again.

Should have Barry and McCarthy holding, with Mirallas, Deulofeu and Barkley behind Lukaku.

If the current experiment persists, the fans will turn on McCarthy pretty soon.

-------------

Posted By: JAVIER
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 9:26pm
Mc Carthy is a good attacking midfielder,  he played deep at Wigan because no one was able to play that role, but his nature is to create football like Platini, Hagi or any other flair player, his plus is that he has learned the dfensive duties as well.   But please know the game, dont get mistaken, James McCarthy is an attacking short-passing midfielder

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 9:48pm
That Trapnoclue fella spoke more sense than you do. You are the biggest spoofer on this forum, whoever you are.

McCarthy has never shown anything to suggest he is an AM. Look at the goal records of the players you compare him to.

Platini 353 in 652.
Hagi 310 in 766.
McCarthy 21 in 253.

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:41pm
Mc is a fine footballer and could go on to big things for club and country...but I have to agree about this number 10 thing...it's a myth.

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 2:36am

That Trapnoclue fella spoke more sense than you do. You are the biggest spoofer on this forum, whoever you are.

McCarthy has never shown anything to suggest he is an AM. Look at the goal records of the players you compare him to.

Platini 353 in 652.
Hagi 310 in 766.
McCarthy 21 in 253.

I will give you strong arguments...  And both of you have to realize that once Robbie is gone the #10 shirt will go to McCarthy he has already used that shirt twice for Ireland.  I remember when he played vs Uruguay on his debut game, I think,  he was using the number 10 shirt, and  the uruguayans played hard ball against him, he was man marked the whole game by 2 of the most dirty players of modern football Arévalo "el cacha" Rios y el "ruso"  Perez.

You are comparing him with the final carrers and stats of both Hagi and Platini, the kid is only 22 years old, the today's Platini or Hagi is Pirlo, you can compare him with Pirlo as well,  he doesnt take penalty kicks, nor free kicks yet one reason of his low goal rate,..

he is a bit shy, but will grow in confidence 
He played deep for 2 years at Wigan
because he was the best of all to have the first pass, 

Both Hagi and Platini the managers built a team around them, iRELAND NEEDS TO DO THE SAME,  built a team to make him shine.   Who's the best irish player?  McCarthy, what is the best way to win games and go to tournaments and cups,  pass the ball to James McCarthy as simple as football, my good lads!!!

Posted By: eire77
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 3:01am
I assume Javier read his posts in a fake Argentinian accent! 3 years talking to himself in a made up voice!!

-------------
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 3:17am
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

I assume Javier read his posts in a fake Argentinian accent! 3 years talking to himself in a made up voice!!

your assumption is wrong, as the french say "être à côté de la plaqu"  no fake poster, eire77.

But I can do, and Im gonna do a good Tommy Lee Jones accent in "Blown away".

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 10:35am
Squad announced on Monday.
Noel plans on travelling to England to watch games live during the weekend Clap

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 10:44am
Go on Javier give us a little proof of your existence....

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 11:15am
Not even a picture of yourself, even a picture of today's newspaper would do the trick, with the word "Javier" written across the top. No way we could complain then.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 11:36am
Its 7.30 in the morning in Argentina and this lad is online posting about James McCarthy.

Javier, upload a pic of today's newspaper, with the word "Javier" written across the top.

This will prove at least that you are in Argentina, as you claim to be.

If you dont do that within three days or so I will ban you from this forum, WUMs/fake posters are not welcome on the forum.

So do us a favour and prove that you are in Argentina, thank you.

Going to send this to you by PM too.

-------------

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 11:47am
Fair play to you Javier - I'm sure all movies shown in Argentina are broadcast in their original language. GTF

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Fair play to you Javier - I'm sure all movies shown in Argentina are broadcast in their original language. GTF

You should be a federal prosecutor.good spot

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 11:54am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

You should be a federal prosecutor.good spot

stupid spot indicative of a narrow mindset , i have spanish canal +
all movies are in original sound at the touch of a button ,
german sky movies the same.

all DVD's come with original and  foreign soundtracks ,

well done lads Confused

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 12:34pm
How would he be posting at 7.30am about McCarthy if it's 2.30am local time. Argentina are hours behind us not ahead of us!

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Posted By: Just saying like
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 12:39pm

Its 7.30 in the morning in Argentina and this lad is online posting about James McCarthy.

Javier, upload a pic of today's newspaper, with the word "Javier" written across the top.

If you dont do that within three days or so I will ban you from this forum, WUMs/fake posters are not welcome on the forum.

Would you get off the stage Rolo ffs.  Will we all have to submit our passports now in order to be able to post on YBIG.  I freely admit my real name is not Just Saying Like and I'm a fake poster and [like almost everyone else on here] I like to wind a few lads up now and then.  Are you going to ban me as well or will it be ok if I post a picture of myself holding the Sligo Champion.  But then it could be a fake picture.  Fcuk maybe then you will want DNA swabs. 

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 12:52pm
In fairness, my name is not Dave and I've never met a woman who said I was Super.

I'm not 84, either.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 12:55pm

Moi ,  Je suis le vrai Roger Milla.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

How would he be posting at 7.30am about McCarthy if it's 2.30am local time. Argentina are hours behind us not ahead of us!

It was 7.30 in Argentina when it was 11.30am here.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by JAVIER JAVIER wrote:

Platini 353 in 652.
Hagi 310 in 766.
McCarthy 21 in 253.

I will give you strong arguments...  And both of you have to realize that once Robbie is gone the #10 shirt will go to McCarthy he has already used that shirt twice for Ireland.  I remember when he played vs Uruguay on his debut game, I think,  he was using the number 10 shirt, and  the uruguayans played hard ball against him, he was man marked the whole game by 2 of the most dirty players of modern football Arévalo "el cacha" Rios y el "ruso"  Perez.

You are comparing him with the final carrers and stats of both Hagi and Platini, the kid is only 22 years old, the today's Platini or Hagi is Pirlo, you can compare him with Pirlo as well,  he doesnt take penalty kicks, nor free kicks yet one reason of his low goal rate,..

he is a bit shy, but will grow in confidence 
He played deep for 2 years at Wigan
because he was the best of all to have the first pass, 

Both Hagi and Platini the managers built a team around them, iRELAND NEEDS TO DO THE SAME,  built a team to make him shine.   Who's the best irish player?  McCarthy, what is the best way to win games and go to tournaments and cups,  pass the ball to James McCarthy as simple as football, my good lads!!!

Your facade fell a long time ago. You're just annoying now.

Originally posted by Just saying like Just saying like wrote:

Would you get off the stage Rolo ffs.  Will we all have to submit our passports now in order to be able to post on YBIG.  I freely admit my real name is not Just Saying Like and I'm a fake poster and [like almost everyone else on here] I like to wind a few lads up now and then.  Are you going to ban me as well or will it be ok if I post a picture of myself holding the Sligo Champion.  But then it could be a fake picture.  Fcuk maybe then you will want DNA swabs. 

Could not be arsed arguing with you. Let him WUM away then. ROI section is fooked anyway.

-------------

Posted By: curtains

I agree with Rolo, it was funny at the start but its tiresome reading his comments now. Puts you off a thread when you see he is commenting on it. He is a spoof bigtime.

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 12:59pm
Roger - Does that Spanish Canal+ station feature many programmes about Argentinian football and culture. I might get it in and to try an understand Javiers fascination with Irlanda.....

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by curtains curtains wrote:

I agree with Rolo, it was funny at the start but its tiresome reading his comments now. Puts you off a thread when you see he is commenting on it. He is a spoof bigtime.

Yeah I agree too but threatening to ban him if he doesn't post a picture of an Argentinian newspaper is nothing short of childish.   

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 1:05pm
'Javier' has been posting every hour or so last night from around 9pm to 7:30am Argentina time and is still online now apparently...

Posted By: Humpy Gussy
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 1:25pm

Yeah I agree too but threatening to ban him if he doesn't post a picture of an Argentinian newspaper is nothing short of childish.   
His persistent existence on the forum is nothing short of childish.

-------------
'Joxer Goes to Poznan' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEjtiJ9udkM

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 1:53pm

Would yiz ever leave the chap alone ffs.  What has he done wrong?  As far as I know the chap is legit and even if he wasn't he is still here talking about Irish football. If anyone is ruining the forums its people constantly telling him to fook off and questioning his status.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 1:54pm

Roger - Does that Spanish Canal+ station feature many programmes about Argentinian football and culture. I might get it in and to try an understand Javiers fascination with Irlanda.....

yeah i know , people who are interested in foreign countries , mad stuff altogether wha ?

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 1:57pm
Its a joke. His posts are full of sh*te. I doubt the regular readers read his posts anymore.

Ban him

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 1:58pm

Its a joke. His posts are full of sh*te. I doubt the regular readers read his posts anymore.

Ban him

Sleepy

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 1:58pm

Ban him

LOL do me up a bedsheet with Javier out and its a deal LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Would yiz ever leave the chap alone ffs.  What has he done wrong?  As far as I know the chap is legit and even if he wasn't he is still here talking about Irish football.

No you don't know he is legit. Like you were posting kast vweek claiming you knew MON woukd be appointed by last weekend. Pure sh*te talk

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 2:06pm

Like you were posting kast vweek claiming you knew MON woukd be appointed by last weekend. Pure sh*te talk

some hide coming on here giving out to fellas about information as regards change in management LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Like you were posting kast vweek claiming you knew MON woukd be appointed by last weekend. Pure sh*te talk

some hide coming on here giving out to fellas about information as regards change in management LOL

Not really. Didn't put anything on the forum prior to the decision AFAIR but yes after I did. What i may have put On facebook is not the same

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Would yiz ever leave the chap alone ffs.  What has he done wrong?  As far as I know the chap is legit and even if he wasn't he is still here talking about Irish football. If anyone is ruining the forums its people constantly telling him to fook off and questioning his status.

+1

Just don't read his posts if you don't like them, simple!

Javier ClapClapClap

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 2:22pm
He does say some silly stuff - And he has some fetish over that Marcos Biesla but it's not offensive or anything.

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 2:24pm
bloody hell, just igonore him ffs. Thread after thread has been hijacked by a discussion about him

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 2:31pm

Ban him

You've been manipulating every thread over the last year to take cheap shots at the manager and still continue to do so..

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Il Trap Il Trap wrote:

That's 2 Mods being childish so Wink

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 3:33pm

Thought it was a reasonable request. But it seems that plenty of people on here actually believe that JAVIER is an Argentinian who supports Ireland, and are happy for him to continue posting. Which is fair enough.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 4:32pm

Thought it was a reasonable request. But it seems that plenty of people on here actually believe that JAVIER is an Argentinian who supports Ireland, and are happy for him to continue posting. Which is fair enough.

Fair play Rolo.  Personally I don't think he is an Argentinean who supports Ireland and I find a lot of his posts are repetitive and tedious.  However he is one of many "fake" posters on here - fake in the sense that most other posters don't know who they actually are - and it would be very strange if we were all required to prove our provenance.  It would be different if he was personally attacking other posters or posting inappropriate material.  You have to give him some credit as well - assuming he is not Argentinean he puts a fair amount of effort in to maintaining his alter ego.  

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Ban him

LOL do me up a bedsheet with Javier out and its a deal LOL

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: liam_in_germany
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 4:20pm
Thought we were gettin the squad today lads?

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by liam_in_germany liam_in_germany wrote:

Thought we were gettin the squad today lads?

Monday, I think.

Posted By: St.Pauli Reloaded 2
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 8:53pm
This a thread about ROI / Germany / Kasac  ? or a Javier Thread Ermm  Anyway German options up front are getting smaller after Podolski ,Gomez and  now Klose also out injured , Götze was also on the injured list but might be ready again ? Replacement (Possibly ) could be Leverkusens Stefan Kießling but he has said that he will never play for Germany again as long as Loew is Manager .

-------------
In Martin and Roy we Trust !

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 5:42pm
O Dea just went off injured against Shakhtar. didnt look too serious but then again it is a local derby so it may be more than precautionary.

King did appear to put Wilson in the shake up for a CB start with his comments. But after that its hard to know where he'll look of O Dea is a doubt and Sledge is injured.

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 6:56pm
Marcel Schmelzer  (Dortmund )now an injury doubt for the Germans .

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 7:21pm

O Dea just went off injured against Shakhtar. didnt look too serious but then again it is a local derby so it may be more than precautionary.

King did appear to put Wilson in the shake up for a CB start with his comments. But after that its hard to know where he'll look of O Dea is a doubt and Sledge is injured.

McShane/Clark in CB a certainty then?

Brady is on fire for Hull in last 2-3 weeks needs to be called-up and start. O'Shea is back to full fitness tomorrow which is good news for the Kazakh game but Rolfes, Muller and Boateng from the Germans all scored for their clubs today

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Brady is on fire for Hull in last 2-3 weeks needs to be called-up and start. O'Shea is back to full fitness tomorrow which is good news for the Kazakh game but Rolfes, Muller and Boateng from the Germans all scored for their clubs today
Not the Boateng your thinking of ,It was Kevin Prince Boateng (Schalke) who scored Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by St.Pauli Reloaded 2 St.Pauli Reloaded 2 wrote:

Not the Boateng your thinking of ,It was Kevin Prince Boateng (Schalke) who scored Wink

Haha I thought he was still at AC Milan? I obviously thought it was George Boateng but my bad on that one Tongue

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 9:29pm

Originally posted by St.Pauli Reloaded 2 St.Pauli Reloaded 2 wrote:

Haha I thought he was still at AC Milan? I obviously thought it was George Boateng but my bad on that one Tongue
George is the Dutch one , Kevin Ghana ,Jerome German LOL and George is in Thailand last i heard Cool

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 9:58pm
Dammit I meant Jerome. LOL
From now on he's now known as the German Boateng so I can't ever get mixed up. Cool

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 10:01pm
Lads if you do not like what Javier is posting about the national team, just ignore it.  Calling for lads to be banned.  Confused

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: brianie
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 7:17pm
What time is squad announcement tomorrow?

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Posted By: irishmale0399
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

What time is squad announcement tomorrow?

Comes normally midday early afternoon.......more important question is...when are the tickets for the Germany game going to be in my letterbox. Flying home tomorrow morning, have 2 meetings, sleeping in my own bed and then i am on the Tuesday morning flight back to Düsseldorf. Was hoping to take the tickets back with me.

Posted By: brianie
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 11:52am
Squad Announced at 1.00pmThumbs Up

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 12:19pm
hopefully Stokes is in

Posted By: Dunne23
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 1:04pm
Westwood Forde Randolph O’Brien Sean St Ledger Marc Wilson Coleman Kelly Clark McShane Gibson Whelan McCarthy Green A Reid McGeady, Pilkington McClean Brady Quinn Hoolahan Long Keane Walters Doyle Stokes

Posted By: MaxWell
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 1:07pm
Say Cox feels hard done by.. Best provisional squad in years, bar JOS and the honey monster

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 1:07pm
Surprised Doyler is back in...he really doesn't deserve a place anymore.

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 1:08pm
Very pleased with that.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Posted By: Stillhuntinghenry
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 1:11pm
Hsppy with that bar Doyle really but it's no big deal as I'd say he will be first to be cut

Posted By: Paulie
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 1:14pm
Doyle or Sammon? I'd still take Doyle.

Posted By: Martin Thomas
King out! FAI out!

But being serious a good squad, best in a long long time. Why no Delaney though! Also would have had Best, Cox, Madden or Andy Keogh ahead of doyle at the moment

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Welcome back Andy Reid ClapClap

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Doyle or Sammon? I'd still take Doyle.

Same here

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 1:18pm
Hopefully Stokes isn't too tired this time

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 1:20pm
No O'Shea or Dunne? I know they're suspended for Germany but they're important for Kazakhstan

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Good to see Reid back prob the most on form Irish International at moment alongside Brady, Dunne and O'Shea will be back for Kazak game

Posted By: FrankosHereNow

No O'Shea or Dunne? I know they're suspended for Germany but they're important for Kazakhstan
They're back in the squad for the Kazakh match.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 1:24pm
Walters is a major doubt. Presume thats the reason Doyle is also included. If Walters pulls out I wouldnt say he'll call any replacement.

Only surprises for me is that Green retained his place, O Dea didnt make it and Doyle. Not saying i disagree majorly with either calls BTW

Posted By: GreenArmy!
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 1:25pm
Excited now after seeing that squad, good stuff!
and also echo what Paulie said, Doyle over Sammon anyday for me.

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 1:31pm
LOL Welcome back.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Humpy Gussy
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 1:37pm
Great stuff but Brady!? Thought he was having an operation and would miss the games!!? ConfusedAm I, or RTÉ, missing something?

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/international/2013/0930/477303-brady-to-miss-world-cup-qualifiers/" rel="nofollow - http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/international/2013/0930/477303-brady-to-miss-world-cup-qualifiers/

-------------
'Joxer Goes to Poznan' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEjtiJ9udkM

Posted By: Real Irlanda
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 1:37pm
joey o'brien back as well, everyone seems to be forgetting about him

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Dunne23 Dunne23 wrote:

Westwood Forde Randolph O’Brien Sean St Ledger Marc Wilson Coleman Kelly Clark McShane Gibson Whelan McCarthy Green A Reid McGeady, Pilkington McClean Brady Quinn Hoolahan Long Keane Walters Doyle Stokes
Wonder who will get the chop come the final 23? Think McShane is injured too and as Kerrzy said Walters is a major doubt. I presume Brady will drop out too with injury. All looks very nice in an attacking sense but would fear for us defensivley against Germany. Anyone know how long Sledge is in regards fitness?

Forde
            Coleman     Clark    Wilson/Sledge  O'Brien/Wilson

MgGeady/McClean  McCarthy   Whelan/Gibson   Reid/Pilkington

Long   Keane

Don't think we'll change formation and with the strong chance of some of the players named above pulling out injured ir's very difficult to form an idea of what the starting team will be.

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 1:40pm
Interesting to see Reid , stokes in. Stokes would probably g game time before Doyle anyway

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net