Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Noel King interim manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 7:31pm
Will he be the 1 to challenge or at least get half the goals Robbie got for us ?
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Still think Kane would be better off accepting Ireland, at best 3rd choice for England would be 1st choice for us

Rooney is pushing 30 and has often been played out of position in the England set up to accommodate certain players due to his versatility.

Sturridge can easily play on the left or right side of the central striker too.

Harry Kane is only 23, he will be England's main centre forward by France 2016 if he keeps his scoring form up.

If I were English, I'd much rather have 50 caps in 10 years for England than a 100 caps for Ireland if it were you dream to play for England as a child wouldn't you?

Edited by Green Devil - 15 Mar 2015 at 7:42pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Will he be the 1 to challenge or at least get half the goals Robbie got for us ?

Well, he has been compared to Shearer and Shearer got 30 goals for England and Keane has 35 MORE international goals than Shearer so I would say no.

I doubt any other player will get anywhere near Keane's number of goals.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 7:49pm
Where's tuff paddy when you need him?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I think he's in Rome
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I think he's in Rome
Definitely LOL

Edited by DUBLIN DOC - 15 Mar 2015 at 8:07pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 8:58pm
It's hard to figure out who he could have been watching, the only thing I can think of is that someone like Mason or maybe Dier is eligible. If they sent Noel King as a last throw of the dice to convince Harry Kane then we may as well all just give up....
We're decent enough..
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 9:27pm
Wonder what makes the FAI feel we still have a chance??
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 9:33pm
Lads he wasnt there to look at Kane, ffs.

This is from August: “There’s no decision there,” said Kane. “Obviously I’m playing for England’s Under-21s. I want to break into that senior squad.”

King must have been there to meet some player or other after the game to have a chat with them,
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Locke View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Locke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 9:39pm
He may have been just taking in a game end off.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 9:39pm
Noel King could have easily been in the North West of England for the weekend and possibly took in a game yesterday in the Championship/League 1 or 2 and just popped along to Old Trafford today.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 10:22pm
Could have just been over doing work ahead of the england game for the FAI or underage work with the FA and was invited as a guest with Roy
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 10:48pm
I THINK IS THE GUY FROM PORTUGAL,  ERIC DIER  HE HAS  LIKE 3 FULL NAMES  THAT IS AN IRISH LANDMARK

I PUT MY MONEY ON THAT  BET 

CAN SOMEONE  CHECK IT
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 10:55pm
He was there watching umpteen players
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 1:19am

Seguido por Liam McLoughlin y 6 más

Everton might remember Quality Football Ireland as the fund who loaned them Eric Dier a few seasons back, altho rules meant he couldnt play

CAN  SOMEONE IN IRELAND CHECK THIS INFO??  

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 7:32am

I sat near Noel King at Rapid Bucharest v Vaslui in the Romanian top flight.  I'm pretty sure he wasn't checking out any players for our U21s.  If he was interested in football enough to attend that just maybe Man Utd v Tottenham might also be an attraction. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 7:43am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Noel King could have easily been in the North West of England for the weekend and possibly took in a game yesterday in the Championship/League 1 or 2 and just popped along to Old Trafford today.

This. Met him at OT last year. He was at Everton game that morning and decided to head to OT just to take in a game.
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 9:30am
Originally posted by JAVIER JAVIER wrote:

Seguido por Liam McLoughlin y 6 más

Everton might remember Quality Football Ireland as the fund who loaned them Eric Dier a few seasons back, altho rules meant he couldnt play

CAN  SOMEONE IN IRELAND CHECK THIS INFO??   

quality football ireland part own dozens of players around the world,  info on them is hardly top secret if you google them

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930>
  Share Topic