You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New York

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 24>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 8:05pm
By the way Antrim man take a bow :)
AKA pedantic kunt
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 9:51am
As someone said earlier go to the top of the rockerfeller centre rather than empire state, higher up i think. Ground Zero is a must, eerily quiet place. Go to a sporting event in MSG, I went to NHL as NBA was over in November. Walked down to Battery Park to get the ferry to Staten Island but it was closed so make sure you get down there earlier in the day. Central Park around where the ice rink is. go to Brooklyn Heights, great restaurant right on the river there and as someone said a few posts ago there's a great view of Manhattan from that side.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 3:39pm
As people here are speaking about the aerial views I can't help but mention the standard hotel in the meatpacking district. Friends of ours livin in NYC recommended it.
It has a rooftop bar that you can access from the street in a lift on the production of an I.d.
It's free, although a drink is pricey. You can always just have the 1.
The views were stunning.
On 1 side we had the Empire State and the Chrysler building, on another a view into jersey across the Hudson and ahead was the new freedom tower all lit up by night. Stunning views.
The night we went there was thunder and lightning as well, made it all the better.
Have a look into it, tripadvisor reviews I find very helpful. I loved it anyway.
(P.s. Apologies to claret murph on offering you advice )
Oh Poland we loved you.....
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

As people here are speaking about the aerial views I can't help but mention the standard hotel in the meatpacking district. Friends of ours livin in NYC recommended it.
It has a rooftop bar that you can access from the street in a lift on the production of an I.d.
The views were stunning.
On 1 side we had the Empire State and the Chrysler building, on another a view into jersey across the Hudson and ahead was the new freedom tower all lit up by night. Stunning views.
The night we went there was thunder and lightning as well, made it all the better.
Have a look into it, tripadvisor reviews I find very helpful. I loved it anyway.
Jack still love yer Heart

Take subway to Coney Island and walk on Brighton beach ohhh and buy a big coat very cheap in the outlets Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

The views were stunning.

Jack still love yer Heart

Take subway to Coney Island and walk on Brighton beach ohhh and buy a big coat very cheap in the outlets Big smile

All in the right spirit claret
Oh Poland we loved you.....
CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 9:04pm
ShadowBox Film Festival in NYC Dec 6th & 7th

http://www.boxingfilmfest.com/

THE ONLY BOXING FILM FESTIVAL

If you are in NYC on these dates then come along. 
I am there representing Ireland with my award nominated short film 'Stealing The Show'.
Liam Neeson narrated documentary on Jame J Corbett debuting too.

Hosted by the School of Visual Arts 
SVA Theatre 333 West 23rd St.
New York City
December 6th and 7th.

Come along anyone in the YBIG NYC chapter!!!

Edited by CSCD - 28 Nov 2013 at 9:08pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 9:32am
Had a great 6 days there

On the rip the first couple of days, then saw the Statue, Brooklyn Bridge, Battery Park, Time Sq, Central Park, World Trade and Rockefeller over the next couple of days. 

Out to Gaelic Park on Sunday followed by a few pints in a bar in Woodlawn - an area where most houses had both tricolours and star and stripes flags out the front. 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 9:33am
heading out this day next week, have never been to the states and and wait.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 9:46am
New York is a brilliant city for a holiday. It has everything .Ellis Island is a class tour to do, ferry from Battery Park and it stops at liberty and Ellis Island.
If you head out Woodlawn direction , drink is very cheap compared to a Manhattan.Big Irish area bound to meet someone you know.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 10:11am
I've been told to head out to McLean Avenue in Yonkers to watch the U21 final, seems a bit far out but what else would I be doing on a Saturday morning.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

I've been told to head out to McLean Avenue in Yonkers to watch the U21 final, seems a bit far out but what else would I be doing on a Saturday morning.

Woodlawn and McLean are are beside each other.other. Mckeon's would be a good spot to watch the match,owed by a neighbour of mine so I'm sure it will be full of Rossie's.Thumbs Up

I would go to pubs on McLean quicker than woodlawn,some real kips in woodlawn,mate lived there and some of the places were proper dumps,fireside pub was was one of the biggest dumps I was ever in,concrete floor with potholes in it and paint and plaster falling off the walls  but the place does be wedged.

it's sound getting to on the subway about 30 mins from grand central,bit pricey if you were to get a taxi.

Edited by rossieman - 24 Apr 2014 at 12:13pm
FranDaMan View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FranDaMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Woodlawn and McLean are are beside each other.other. Mckeon's would be a good spot to watch the match,owed by a neighbour of mine so I'm sure it will be full of Rossie's.Thumbs Up

I would go to pubs on McLean quicker than woodlawn,some real kips in woodlawn,mate lived there and some of the places were proper dumps,fireside pub was was one of the biggest dumps I was ever in,concrete floor with potholes in it and paint and plaster falling off the walls  but the place does be wedged.

it's sound getting to on the subway about 30 mins from grand central,bit pricey if you were to get a taxi.

The number four all the way out. Woodlawn is the last stop. Its about a 5/10 minute bus on then to MacLean/Katonah avenue.

Behans on Katonah used to be a great spot to watch the GAA a couple of years ago.
Are ya a lady burd or a dirt burd?
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by FranDaMan FranDaMan wrote:

The number four all the way out. Woodlawn is the last stop. Its about a 5/10 minute bus on then to MacLean/Katonah avenue.

Behans on Katonah used to be a great spot to watch the GAA a couple of years ago.

Behans is a good spot for GAA and there is another place across from it that shows the GAA matches,The Rambler I think its called.I think any of the pubs on katonah will show GAA matches ,seemed to be mostly Irish in the pubs around there.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 12:45pm

Behans is a good spot for GAA and there is another place across from it that shows the GAA matches,The Rambler I think its called.I think any of the pubs on katonah will show GAA matches ,seemed to be mostly Irish in the pubs around there.

Throw in will be at 10am Saturday morning local time so do you think they'd be open with TG4 on?
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 12:59pm

Throw in will be at 10am Saturday morning local time so do you think they'd be open with TG4 on?
McKeon's used to open for the GAA and with Roscommon playing I'm sure they will open.I can probably find out for you if you want.
FranDaMan View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FranDaMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 1:24pm

The Rambling house. Not sure if it used to show the GAA but it was some craic on a Friday or Saturday night!!
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 1:40pm

The Rambling house. Not sure if it used to show the GAA but it was some craic on a Friday or Saturday night!!

That's the spot.I watched a few games in it when I was over there in 2010.f**king crazy house on a Friday night LOL
FranDaMan View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FranDaMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 2:13pm

That's the spot.I watched a few games in it when I was over there in 2010.f**king crazy house on a Friday night LOL

Jesus Id give my left arm for a weekends drinking in Woodlawn again!! Friday afternoon to Sunday night was just madness!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 24>
  Share Topic