You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New York

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 24>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Adel's famous Halal is one of the nicest things I've ever eaten.

Be prepared to wait though. 

You must hate NYC, it’s full of immigrants. 

Oh, look at the harassment.

Show me where I've said I hate immigrants. I'll wait.
Harassment LOL
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Adel's famous Halal is one of the nicest things I've ever eaten.

Be prepared to wait though. 

You must hate NYC, it’s full of immigrants. 

Oh, look at the harassment.

Show me where I've said I hate immigrants. I'll wait.
Harassment LOL

LOL

Plenty of it in the other thread that the mods havent bothered to deal with because their viewpoints align. Now other threads are being taken over with similar sh*te?

Think it's fairly f*cling pathetic to be honest. But to each their own.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 9:57pm

LOL I apologise for the harassment. 
Spotted an opportunity for a wind up and, in fairness, I shouldn’t have dragged this thread off topic.
El Puto Amo
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2023 at 10:18am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Flew back from it there a couple of days ago. NY never disappoints no matter what time of year you go. 

Anyone ever do the new Vanderbilt One observation deck with the glass floors beside Grand Central? I was gonna do it but the queue was insane in the lobby. 

Do not fly in or out of Newark whatever ye do, fook all options for food/drink once you go past security into those terminal B gates. JFK is the only job. 

I thought Newark was very handy, direct train to Penn Station.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2023 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Flew back from it there a couple of days ago. NY never disappoints no matter what time of year you go. 

Anyone ever do the new Vanderbilt One observation deck with the glass floors beside Grand Central? I was gonna do it but the queue was insane in the lobby. 

Do not fly in or out of Newark whatever ye do, fook all options for food/drink once you go past security into those terminal B gates. JFK is the only job. 

Yep, arrived into Newark last time and was very handy.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2023 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

No issue getting to the place, just the lack of options once you get past security. Most of the bars/restaurants/shops are before security. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2023 at 8:42pm
Someone landing into JFK at 9pm whats the best way into the City at that time?
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2023 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Should still be able to get the Subway at that time.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2023 at 10:03pm

Yellow Taxi be quicker at that time and handier. Train+subway cheaper but a little longer and for me too much unneeded hassle with the bags etc.

Edited by t_rAndy - 29 Jun 2023 at 10:04pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2023 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Yellow Taxi be quicker at that time and handier. Train+subway cheaper but a little longer and for me too much unneeded hassle with the bags etc.
Don’t waste your breath on the Cavan man, he’s just waiting on someone to tell him ya can walk it 
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2023 at 10:30pm

Depends where you're going. Uber if you want complete ease. Otherwise the train system is pretty flawless with loads of options. If you're not used to New York getting an Uber straight to your hotel is probably the best option. It will be $70 or something like that

Edited by irish_major - 29 Jun 2023 at 10:30pm
Here we go again
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 7:58am
I haven't been to America in years, are the taxi drivers still aggressive asking for tips?

jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 8:03am
You can get the Airport train to Queens (Jamaica) and then you get a subway straight into Manhattan. Takes about 50 mins. Metro Cards are handy and a lot cheaper than a taxi if going solo.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 9:09am
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

You can get the Airport train to Queens (Jamaica) and then you get a subway straight into Manhattan. Takes about 50 mins. Metro Cards are handy and a lot cheaper than a taxi if going solo.
Jamaica Station not the most welcoming of places after dark...I'd steer clear of it.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Jamaica Station not the most welcoming of places after dark...I'd steer clear of it.

I went the other way when I was there last year as was a bit quicker for where I was going: Airtrain to Howard Beach and then the Subway 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 11:01am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Don’t waste your breath on the Cavan man, he’s just waiting on someone to tell him ya can walk it 

LOL
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

I haven't been to America in years, are the taxi drivers still aggressive asking for tips?

They still expect them but aren’t too aggressive normally. Uber drivers don’t expect them as much. 
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 4:05pm
Is there a daily tourist or hotel tax in NY?
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 24>
  Share Topic