New York

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 24>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 3:14pm

Off topic. How strict would shops/retailers in the states be in accepting USD currency that has been slightly damaged, e.g. got damp so a bit of colouring on it?

I'm thinking still legal tender so should be grand? 
The state of some of the fivers and tenners you do get and habr to use in EUR that are accepted without bother but wondering if they are more strict in US. 

Would you not leave them to dry properly before taking them off your printing press?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 3:37pm

Slightly off topic regarding city but has anyone on here ever been in New Orleans? 

Heading over to the U.S. in June and doing two nights here with only one real full day for sightseeing so any recommendations? Cheers. 

One of our guys in work won a competiion to spend a week in New Orleans  - hated it and dont stray too far from the main street was his response 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 3:39pm
New York in January. 🥶

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 8:00pm

Slightly off topic regarding city but has anyone on here ever been in New Orleans? 

Heading over to the U.S. in June and doing two nights here with only one real full day for sightseeing so any recommendations? Cheers. 

One of our guys in work won a competiion to spend a week in New Orleans  - hated it and dont stray too far from the main street was his response 
Yep lots of fun down town a real party town , but like it has been said stay around the toursit area as it can be very bad just a block or two outside it . Recall getting something from small store and yer man said to me " you are fine here but dont stry across the road too far " Confused

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 10:36pm

Yep lots of fun down town a real party town , but like it has been said stay around the toursit area as it can be very bad just a block or two outside it . Recall getting something from small store and yer man said to me " you are fine here but dont stry across the road too far " Confused

Apparently New Orleans has one of the highest crime rates and plenty of dangerous areas so will definitely stay in that French Quarter/ Bourbon Street area. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2023 at 11:05pm
Just got back last week after 8 days. Enjoyed it for the most part but in some places value for money not great (expected I know).

Went into mcsorleys for two drinks one day while out and about. Jaysus like Disneyland or something. How would anyone stay there LOL
B6 6HE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 12:10am

NY is a dump.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 12:59am
Heading myself in a few weeks. 5 years since I was there. Mate was there this year said its mental money everywhere. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 2:59am
Sorry off topic. Have heard from a lot of different people about their friends and family that live in NY are moving out of the city for crime reasons. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 8:42am

Sorry off topic. Have heard from a lot of different people about their friends and family that live in NY are moving out of the city for crime reasons. 

Tell them to stay put, pickpockets are everywhere 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 8:43am

Statistically it's one of the safest cities in America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 8:49am

Just got back last week after 8 days. Enjoyed it for the most part but in some places value for money not great (expected I know).

Went into mcsorleys for two drinks one day while out and about. Jaysus like Disneyland or something. How would anyone stay there LOL

What are we talking? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 8:50am
I thought McSorleys was a great spot. Only had a few swift ones passing by but really liked it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 8:50am
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

NY is a dump.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 8:52am

I thought McSorleys was a great spot. Only had a few swift ones passing by but really liked it.

Plus wan

What’s this Disney thing all about?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 9:30am

Plus wan

They make films and cartoons ffs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 9:42am

What are we talking? 

Was the guts of $10 a beer anywhere central in Manhattan when I was there this time last year.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 9:43am

Plus wan

They make films and cartoons ffs

Huge news if true
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 24>