Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marcelo Bielsa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 5:51pm
I was reading with the aid of Google translate that the peruvian fa want bielsa as their new coach.

Reckon it wouldn't be any harm adding him to the list and seeing if he's interested.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by JAVIER JAVIER wrote:

Australia, Paraguay, Venezuela, Perú and Mexico as well Eire are in the running as well according to the gossip from sport networks in argentina,  t&c sports, fox sports argentina and espn, and espn + argentina. 

That's why his nickname is the "king of the underdogs".  He was a mentor to Pep Guardiola you can trace this fact.

Someone said that his odds are 20/1 it appears.  Maybe Delaney has a surprise for all of you before Xmas time

Australia have just qualified for the World Cup, why would they replace their coach?

Venezuela, under Farias are having their best ever campaign (to my knowledge) so why in gods name would they replace him?

Call a spade, a spade here, this is more bullsh*t from Javier again Sleepy
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 6:13pm
He would be the kind of manager with international experience that may bide his time and see if an already qualified team has a manager leave their post between now and next June. For one reason or another it usually happens. Wasnt Trap nearly off to the Super Eagles 4 years agoShocked
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Australia, Paraguay, Venezuela, Perú and Mexico as well Eire are in the running as well according to the gossip from sport networks in argentina,  t&c sports, fox sports argentina and espn, and espn + argentina. 

That's why his nickname is the "king of the underdogs".  He was a mentor to Pep Guardiola you can trace this fact.

Someone said that his odds are 20/1 it appears.  Maybe Delaney has a surprise for all of you before Xmas time

Australia have just qualified for the World Cup, why would they replace their coach?

Venezuela, under Farias are having their best ever campaign (to my knowledge) so why in gods name would they replace him?

Google "socceroos bielsa", spaz! 
I always provide 100% pure, raw information, if some of you cant handle it, it is up to each one's uprising since childhood to adulthood. 
Some  guys have to pay attention to mama and finish the soup.
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 7:33pm
Javier isn't bullsh*tting. The media have certainly linked him with the Peru, Venezuela, Mexico and Qatar jobs.
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 7:40pm
Alabanza yo es ninguna alabanza.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 9:55pm

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Google "socceroos bielsa", spaz! 
I always provide 100% pure, raw information, if some of you cant handle it, it is up to each one's uprising since childhood to adulthood. 
Some  guys have to pay attention to mama and finish the soup.

A few media reports don't prove anything though? Most stories are bullsh*t and never materialize. 

Oh yeah, like Fox Argentina run so many stories on the Irish football team and half the other tripe you've posted? Delaney is like Chellini was another classic Confused
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 10:00pm
tut tut credit where it's due GD
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

tut tut credit where it's due GD

I have no problem in admitting fair play to him in finding out a bit of online hear say, how many times was Trapnoclue aloud get points across before one of them ends up turning up correct?

The IrishRebel View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The IrishRebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 6:42pm
This would a great appointment by the FAi, a bold, brave move that would benifit Irish football both in the short and long term.

He is a tactical genius, who favours a flexible 4-2-3-1 that has the ability to morph into a 3-3-1-3 during the game when required. Would play a high intensity, high pressing game too. I would love if he was to take the job but that is about as unlikely as myself getting it

Edited by The IrishRebel - 21 Oct 2013 at 6:43pm
And here's ROBBIE KEANE.... YESSSSSS!!!!!
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by The IrishRebel The IrishRebel wrote:

This would a great appointment by the FAi, a bold, brave move that would benifit Irish football both in the short and long term.

He is a tactical genius, who favours a flexible 4-2-3-1 that has the ability to morph into a 3-3-1-3 during the game when required. Would play a high intensity, high pressing game too. I would love if he was to take the job but that is about as unlikely as myself getting it

The Peruvian offer was some PERU football offcial contacted Valdano, former real Madrid and Argentina player, who is friend with Bielsa, an offer was made but i think it was rejected.

Poland is looking for him and I think a good offer was made,  he rejected Australia and México for similar situatons, they fired an incumbent manager when there are still things to play for in both cases. 
Fizzy Orange View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fizzy Orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 2:01pm
  Can't see a foreign manager ever doing well here.  We don't have a proper league to develop our players and there's too much corruption, self-centered politics and competition between FAI, GAA and other associations.  In short, another big name experiment for me would only start getting embarassing 
  No disrespect to the likes of Bielsa here (who otherwise seems to be the best out of the lot of them).  But I still think McCarthy- with his complex no-nonsense mix of experience, grit and pride in the role- is the only one capable of taking us as far as we deserve to go in international tournaments.

Edited by Fizzy Orange - 27 Oct 2013 at 2:09pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 1:30am
Originally posted by Fizzy Orange Fizzy Orange wrote:

Can't see a foreign manager ever doing well here.  We don't have a proper league to develop our players and there's too much corruption, self-centered politics and competition between FAI, GAA and other associations.  In short, another big name experiment for me would only start getting embarassing 
  No disrespect to the likes of Bielsa here (who otherwise seems to be the best out of the lot of them).  But I still think McCarthy- with his complex no-nonsense mix of experience, grit and pride in the role- is the only one capable of taking us as far as we deserve to go in international tournaments.

The Irish have to revolutionise the game here, and part of that revolution involves getting the senior team to move away from the traditional british style game to a more sophisticated continental style. If we keep playing the same old stuff we will be like Scotland in no time in the knackers yard of international football. Appointing McCarthy or O'Neill is an Irish solution to an Irish problem. Instead of looking to the future we look to the past.  That old English style game belongs in the history books because it cant produce success in modern football. The game plan is so obvious and easy to defend against and we are being outfoxed tactically and out played technically. Mick might get us to pass it better if he is like the Mick of 2000 but he played 442 nearly all the time which we now know is about as useful in modern international football as Paul Gascoine is to international terrorist negotiations
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 2:11am
Yes,  the brittish game is very easy to defend, the main problem is tactically, then technically, but tactically what happened with Trap at euros  he mixed the worst from the brittish and the worst from catenaccio  ("la jaula" or the cage in english),  the funny thing is that his team got trapped in the cage near the end of his tenure,  for example  duff and mcgead were isolated by the rivals, and the hope of chances faded away, as the football volume, Trapattoni is a charismatic lier, and that's why he got the job, anyway he is gone, left some good signs for the outsiders, but from inside not so good, his time because he destroyed the confidence of players, brought order and shape, and a certain mentality. 
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 2:19am
Pocchettino his only experience was in Español of Barcelona were he got the sack, so check this, he is no world beater  young guy learning his game, but he put a very very average team, IN CL position now, with high tempo, pressing and playing tactically,  a switch between  4-3-3- 4-5-1-, 3-1-4.2 or 4-3-1-2 depending the situations they are facing in games, and he doesnt speak a drop on english in his 10 years playing carrer in Europa between Español,  PSG and Bordeaux, but he has the BIELSA school. the Bielsa method the one that suits the irish to prevail.

ah , Pocchettino was born in Murphy, Argentina

Edited by JAVIER - 28 Oct 2013 at 2:22am
PaulMcGrath5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulMcGrath5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 8:29am

Originally posted by The IrishRebel The IrishRebel wrote:

The Peruvian offer was some PERU football offcial contacted Valdano, former real Madrid and Argentina player, who is friend with Bielsa, an offer was made but i think it was rejected.

Poland is looking for him and I think a good offer was made,  he rejected Australia and México for similar situatons, they fired an incumbent manager when there are still things to play for in both cases. 

He is not gonna be the Polish manger anyway
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 10:06am
Boniek is the president of the polish football federation, great player. 

Some irish said that Poland have better players than Ireland, i dont think so, i know they have 2 or 3 at Dormund and one good playmaker that i really rate Obraniak lefty number 10 plays in Bordeaux, they have depth in GK but that is up to it.  They are a mediocre side, tbh. 

They made an offer to Bielsa 2 weeks ago,
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 10:16am
One thing that I think didnt appeal him, was the lack of seriousness in projects from the polish, federation they had 4 manager in the last 5 years, it shows there's no continuity in projects, no time to develop, that's why they fail miserably, one thing that "el loco" really cares about as a priority is continuity in footie projects as a junction, even before money.  Poland is a circus like México!! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic