You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wetherspoons in Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 39>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 11:52am
no stella in the Gatwick airport one last Thursday
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

I was more disgusted by the fact that Wetherspoons was the only option for food when I went through Gatwick the week before last on a Friday evening. 
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 12:40pm
They are pubs for bums and scruffs. They serve a purpose. To keep the scruffs away from the rest of us.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I was more disgusted by the fact that Wetherspoons was the only option for food when I went through Gatwick the week before last on a Friday evening. 

Few more places opened up since 
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 1:18pm

Things are improving then
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

They are pubs for bums and scruffs. They serve a purpose. To keep the scruffs away from the rest of us.
Yep, nobody other than “bums and scruffs” have ever or will ever have a pint in Wetherspoons.Confused
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 1:32pm

Few more places opened up since 

Thumbs Up
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 1:40pm
Realise it's got the Weatherspoons tag which always has people turning up their noses at it, but they've done a cracking job on the building. It's been run down for years so it's great to see it being done up. 

Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 1:46pm
I don't like Wetherspoons pubs but if they're charging 3/4 Euros a pint I can absolutely understand why people go there. The cost of a pint of Guinness in Dublin city centre is gradually creeping up towards €6. Mad money for a pint.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

I don't like Wetherspoons pubs but if they're charging 3/4 Euros a pint I can absolutely understand why people go there. The cost of a pint of Guinness in Dublin city centre is gradually creeping up towards €6. Mad money for a pint.
€2.95 a pint of Beamish is one example. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 2:57pm
AFAIK they don't sell Guinness?

We were in the Wetherspoons in Blackrock last year and whilst the pints were dirt cheap they were muck - and we all decided to go elsewhere.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

We were in the Wetherspoons in Blackrock last year and whilst the pints were dirt cheap they were muck - and we all decided to go elsewhere.

Pint bottles of Moretti
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 3:17pm
Based on the fact that the boss is a Brexit loving prick who doesn't give a sh*t about his staff, I'll happily pay more and avoid them forever more if I possibly can. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Beamish. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 3:26pm

Based on the fact that the boss is a Brexit loving prick who doesn't give a sh*t about his staff, I'll happily pay more and avoid them forever more if I possibly can. 

Same.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 3:53pm
The fact they don't sell Guinness is for me enough of a reason by itself for me to not go there. Never mind the other stuff. I'm only in the pub two or three times a month so I want to make sure I enjoy the few pints. If I was a broke student though I'd be living in the place
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 5:54pm

If you don’t like my principles I can get other ones 

Totally agree but there are times when choice is limited and the app is handy though as others would testify it goes against my people person persona …….
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 6:42pm
7 year delay.But they were working on the one in Waterford now. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 39>
  Share Topic