You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next Manager - press conference Saturday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 226>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 7:57pm
Think the fact that Delaney has said no rush to get anyone in before Germany games shows martin o neil is not what he is after, think we have another foreigner on the way
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Anyone not think hiddink a good choice loads of experience downside being his age I suppose

Yes he would be a top choice. He can also command one of the top job in world football and gets paid top $$$ wherever he goes so I think people are being realistic with the names they are mentioning
stokes78 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stokes78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 7:58pm
Niall Quinn on Today fm yesterday said we should get van Gaal that he would be wonderful for the whole development of irish football. Quinn said he was close to appointing him at sunderland and he was a great man. Niall didnt seem to realise he is a man who is going to a world cup with the oranges

Edited by stokes78 - 12 Sep 2013 at 7:59pm
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Anyone not think hiddink a good choice loads of experience downside being his age I suppose

Yes he would be a top choice. He can also command one of the top job in world football and gets paid top $$$ wherever he goes so I think people are being realistic with the names they are mentioning

Money won't matter as Denis o brien is funding it
As for top jobs his last few jobs have been Russia and anzhi doesn't exactly go balls out for big ones anymore does he
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

JD was on talksport this evening. Basically in summary he said O'Brien would be stumping up money again. He also said they were in no panic to appoint a manager i.e. they wouldn't be panicking and getting one in before next months double header. He was asked about Roy Keane being in the frame and had a good laugh on it but when pressed on it he said he wouldn't be ruling anybody out at this stage. He also said they wouldn't be necessarily looking for a manager who was out of work.

He said in his interview on SSN that he thought it was important (or words to that effect) to get a manager in before next month's games but it wasn't a must.

I think he is right and it was needed that he has been speaking to the media in the last couple of days (dont forget he has done fook all proper interviews since the Dion Fanning interview post euros bar local radio ones) but name checking managers still in their positions is hilarious and plain unprofessionalLOL
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 8:28pm
It looks Michael O Neill is ruled out anyways. According to SSN, the Nordy FA are readying a new 2 year deal straight after a hard fought, 3-2 defeat against Luxembourg !LOL
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 8:31pm

As for top jobs his last few jobs have been Russia and anzhi doesn't exactly go balls out for big ones anymore does he

This a wind up? Dennis O'Brien will fund about 1m altogether you would think with FAI covering the other 1m. That's to cover the whole coaching team.
At anzi and Russia he'd be getting about treble that. Hiddink is a money whore in my opinion and would leave for a higher bidder.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 8:35pm
zz

Edited by fear-glas - 10 Nov 2022 at 9:26pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 8:39pm
z

Edited by fear-glas - 19 Nov 2020 at 11:49pm
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 8:39pm

This a wind up? Dennis O'Brien will fund about 1m altogether you would think with FAI covering the other 1m. That's to cover the whole coaching team.
At anzi and Russia he'd be getting about treble that. Hiddink is a money whore in my opinion and would leave for a higher bidder.

no not a wind up im sorry but i aint well versed in salary hiddink may require
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 8:45pm

No worries. He goes to jobs who offer top, top $$.
He is a job hopper (rarely finished the job). Only thing he has done of note in the last while is win the FA cup
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 8:48pm

No worries. He goes to jobs who offer top, top $$.
He is a job hopper (rarely finished the job). Only thing he has done of note in the last while is win the FA cup

true but still think way better candidate then MON or macdermot
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by stokes78 stokes78 wrote:

Niall Quinn on Today fm yesterday said we should get van Gaal that he would be wonderful for the whole development of irish football. Quinn said he was close to appointing him at sunderland and he was a great man. Niall didnt seem to realise he is a man who is going to a world cup with the oranges

It's consistent with the likelihood we'll get a cheap Dutchman instead - Which is why Rene Meulensteen has been linked.

Has there been any names of a caretaker manager? I can't imagine anyone wanting Germany away with Dunne and O'Shea suspended as their first game.

Edited by coyne - 12 Sep 2013 at 9:05pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 8:57pm
Still reckon Ralf Rangnick could do a decent job, good record with mediocre teams
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 9:01pm
Can see King or Doolin being caretaker for the Gemany and Kahzakstan games if it's not going to be O'Neill. If it's O'Neill he'll be appointed before then.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Still reckon Ralf Rangnick could do a decent job, good record with mediocre teams

Have a feeling he'll get it.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Have a feeling he'll get it.

honestly? only one bookie offering odds on him and thats at 100/1
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 9:13pm
I always find that the early fav for the job never gets it .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 226>
  Share Topic