You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next Manager - press conference Saturday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 226>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 8:57am
MON is capable of negotiating his position before he takes on a role so that he has quite a lot of power - would Delaney be able to allow this to happen?

Keane also would want to ensure he gets the best organisation for team affairs - again would Delaney allow this?

Delaney's key criteria for a new manager is that they (1) qualify for Euro2016 and (2) fill the Aviva - both aims driven by money to make up for the mess that was made of the Vantage Club. No talk of developing the team as youth development meanders on into oblivion.

Until Delaney goes the manager could be Micky Mouse for all the difference it will make.
Will no-one rid me of this turbulent priest?
Sponsored Links

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 9:41am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Hasn't rene muelensteen failed badly as a manager. Ok I know he only lasted 10 days in the last job but some people are coaches and some are managers.

How can someone fail badly in 16 days? The club changed its direction and strategy and sold all it's best players and got ridof the manager. Wrong place wrong time IMO
I do agree though that some people will coach some will manage, but I think someone deserves a little bit more than 16 days to prove themselves
He only lasted a few months at a club in Denmark as well...

No matter how you cut it the FAI would be taking a massive risk on someone who has only had limited exposure as a manager and as I said before now is not the time to experiment given the leg up we're getting with the next seeding draw. 

Reckon McDermott will get it. Himself and Delaney were boozing together in the Berkeley Friday night  Wink

Edited by colemanY2K - 12 Sep 2013 at 9:43am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Humpy Gussy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humpy Gussy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 9:54am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

[QUOTE=colemanY2K] Hasn't rene muelensteen failed badly as a manager. Ok I know he only lasted 10 days in the last job but some people are coaches and some are managers.
Reckon McDermott will get it. Himself and Delaney were boozing together in the Berkeley Friday night  Wink

Really?...FFS.
'Joxer Goes to Poznan' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEjtiJ9udkM
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 10:48am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Have had a cheeky euro on:

Mick McCarthy
Roy Keane
Rene Mulenstein
Marcelo Bielsa
Guus Hiddink

Never heard Marcelo Bielsa mentioned what odds is he, looked at his profile looks quality, hope the look at this kind of canditiate and dont just go for O'Neill
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 10:51am
Delaney wont go international again this time around. He needs people through the gates and immediately. 

The likes of Mulenstein whom the wider public wouldnt have a clue who he is will not result in this.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Criteria is definitely out of work manager.
To be honest I think it will be o'neill. He has a devent recird, irish and great man manager. he knows the team. i'd have me reservations about his tactics and hunger but it also is a bit logical seeing as he is abailable. He is also the attractive name for the fair weather fans who have turned their back on Ireland but would be intrigued with o'neill given the role and may come back.

I would put my house on O'Neill getting it. I will be absolutely shocked if he doesn't.

You still living with the folks
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
shoggy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 12:15pm
Looks like we can rule McDermott out of the running.

'Leeds United boss Brian McDermott has insisted he is "100% committed" to the club after being linked with the vacant Republic of Ireland manager's post.'

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else!
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 12:28pm
McDermotts odds sure to take a walk..........now if you were planning a betting coup !!!
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
CEO For Life View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CEO For Life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 12:53pm

MON is a shoe in

Itsthere View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Itsthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 1:33pm
Back in to 4/9 now, the 11/10 he was last night looks like easy MONey :-)
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 6:06pm
O'Neill's odds have dropped, but so has Mick McCarthy now only at 6/1
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

O'Neill's odds have dropped, but so has Mick McCarthy now only at 6/1

more to do with mcdermott and hughton ruling themselves out id say
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 6:16pm
I would rather we made the right decision rather than a quick decision. No reason why a caretaker cant oversee the last 2 games. Don't think MON (A N Other) will put that many on the Kazack gate on a wet Tues and those that do are deluded themselves. Get him in place for the euro draw in Feb

would prefer to wait and sound out who would be interested and what they can bring to the table - would still prefer the continental route be it a young hungry manager or and older more experienced international coach. (having English as a language would be a necessity though)
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

I would rather we made the right decision rather than a quick decision. No reason why a caretaker cant oversee the last 2 games. Don't think MON (A N Other) will put that many on the Kazack gate on a wet Tues and those that do are deluded themselves. Get him in place for the euro draw in Feb

would prefer to wait and sound out who would be interested and what they can bring to the table - would still prefer the continental route be it a young hungry manager or and older more experienced international coach. (having English as a language would be a necessity though)
Right here, A new manager will not want to start with a dead rubber away to Germany, but would be useful to start v Kazak !
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
benboview View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benboview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 7:33pm
Why has noone suggested any of the present LOI managers?

I mean this is not a hard job and why give it to a foreign coach.

This is a cushy number. 7/8 matches a year.

Give me 100/1 Liam Buckley.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 7:38pm
If its going to be o'neill then might as well get him in ASAP in my opinion, I know the FAI will wanna save money in wages but O'Neill could get potentially two packed houses (potentially) for the Kaz game and November friendly.
Can you imagine he gets the job then calls back the likes if Reid and Gibson. Everyone starts feeling this is going to be great and shows the support with their feet. It gives the manager time to work more with the players.
Also means we get our man before someone else does. Be worth it in my opinion.
Although a daunting trip to Germany is not the ideal way to start, unless you can pull off the unbelievable!
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 7:41pm
Anyone not think hiddink a good choice loads of experience downside being his age I suppose
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 7:51pm
JD was on talksport this evening. Basically in summary he said O'Brien would be stumping up money again. He also said they were in no panic to appoint a manager i.e. they wouldn't be panicking and getting one in before next months double header. He was asked about Roy Keane being in the frame and had a good laugh on it but when pressed on it he said he wouldn't be ruling anybody out at this stage. He also said they wouldn't be necessarily looking for a manager who was out of work.

Edited by El_nino - 12 Sep 2013 at 7:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 226>
  Share Topic