Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin O'Neill...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 393394395396397 419>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Where did you get that info?  Karanka was popular and playing good football by all accounts.  I've only taken a closer interest since my voodoo doll took charge.
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:00pm
I will.  I never get tired of it.  Been at it 6 yrs now and counting so won't be taking a break from it anytime soon luckily for you.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Where did you get that info?  Karanka was popular and playing good football by all accounts.  I've only taken a closer interest since my voodoo doll took charge.

Don't have access to the article.  He was doing a good job and the fans seemed happy with him.  Forest fans liked him a lot.  A crazy owner doesn't change that if that was the case. Although I think me and him are cut fromt he same cloth.  We both love a good sacking.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:08pm
It was on a cold October morning at Nottingham Forest’s training ground when the first real signs of turbulence surfaced over Aitor Karanka’s future as manager.

A pre-scheduled visit from Evangelos Marinakis, the club’s Greek owner, included a meeting with Karanka and his players, in which a stark message was relayed. That message was effectively “promotion or nothing,” according to defender Jack Robinson after the 1-1 draw at Leeds.

It was probably not an ultimatum, but after a mammoth recruitment drive over the summer, with 17 players signed and £23 million spent, Marinakis was unhappy with Forest’s start and spelled it out that a dramatic improvement was required.

Since that meeting, Karanka has won only four Championship games – taking the total to nine victories from 26 – so perhaps his departure is not the surprise many people outside of Nottingham will probably conclude.

There are other statistics, too, which explain why Forest are now searching for their ninth permanent manager in six years. They are only seven points better off than this stage last season, despite such a drastic revamp of the squad which included the record £13.2m signing of Portuguese midfielder Joao Carvalho.

In the summer there was a broad agreement that Karanka needed to be in the play-off places by January 1, yet today they are 7th in the Championship and four points off the top six.

Karanka, unquestionably, will feel he has been harshly treated. Fans will be unhappy and neutrals will think it's another case of trigger-happy owners. 

He signed a two-and-a-half year contract in January last year and there has been definite progress under the Spaniard. Living in an apartment close to the banks of the River Trent, he fully bought into the history and traditions of the former European Cup winners.

During his final weeks in charge, he was dignified and remained respectful to the club. Yet behind the scenes there were problems that extended beyond results.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:13pm

Don't have access to the article.  He was doing a good job and the fans seemed happy with him.  Forest fans liked him a lot.  A crazy owner doesn't change that if that was the case. Although I think me and him are cut fromt he same cloth.  We both love a good sacking.

How was he doing a good job if he didn't have Forest firmly in the play off places when that was the clubs expected goal?

Given that Forest had spent an absolute fortune during the summer between transfer fees and on wages.

They were extremely inconsistent under Karanka, you only have to look at his time in charge of Boro when he got them promoted that his sides aren't known for playing a swashbuckling brand of football.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:14pm
Thanks. Reply as above. 

How far will this hoofball and pack the defence tactic bring MON and his outlaws?

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:15pm

Originally posted by uibhfaillian uibhfaillian wrote:

You can imagine trap jnr on here hoping Derby gets an equalizer so as he can come on with his weird vendetta. Wasn't to be trapjnrLOL

Ah well just as well that win didn't clinch them promotion now. 

There is nothing weird about my obsession to see the evil Martin O'Neill brought to justice for his crimes against football and causing football fans to develop a hatred for their eyesight.

His football belongs in Chernobyl.  Radioactive poison from 1986 that needs to be contained in an exclusion zone.

Actually, large parts of the exclusion zone are not necessary and the restrictions on significant areas are being removed or lessened.

The exclusion zone is much like O'Neill's tactics so: from the 1980's, previously seemed to be a no-man's land, but may have been unfairly judged and might actually be productive.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-47227767

Edited by SuperDave84 - 25 Feb 2019 at 11:16pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

How was he doing a good job if he didn't have Forest firmly in the play off places when that was the clubs expected goal?

Given that Forest had spent an absolute fortune during the summer between transfer fees and on wages.

They were extremely inconsistent under Karanka, you only have to look at his time in charge of Boro when he got them promoted that his sides aren't known for playing a swashbuckling brand of football.

One place outside the playoffs is hardly a disaster now is it?   Read the Forest forum and see hat they made of him.

On a side note their record signing carvalho never gets picked by the anti football merchant.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

You can imagine trap jnr on here hoping Derby gets an equalizer so as he can come on with his weird vendetta. Wasn't to be trapjnrLOL

There is nothing weird about my obsession to see the evil Martin O'Neill brought to justice for his crimes against football and causing football fans to develop a hatred for their eyesight.

His football belongs in Chernobyl.  Radioactive poison from 1986 that needs to be contained in an exclusion zone.

Actually, large parts of the exclusion zone are not necessary and the restrictions on significant areas are being removed or lessened.

The exclusion zone is much like O'Neill's tactics so: from the 1980's, previously seemed to be a no-man's land, but may have been unfairly judged and might actually be productive.

Won't be eating apples from Mont Chernobyl anytime soon though will you? 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:21pm
In the league, Forest under O'Neill have scored more goals in the 7 games he's been in charge than in Karanka's last 7 games in charge.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:23pm

Unlikely, as Ukraine only produces about 1.3% of the world's apples.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:26pm
An Apple a day makes your lungs fade away..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:29pm

In the league, Forest under O'Neill have scored more goals in the 7 games he's been in charge than in Karanka's last 7 games in charge.

Good. 1 goal better.  I take it all back.   Ace coach MON and his free scoring starlets.  In other news.  I have had more Weetabix in the last week than I had in the previous 2 months.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:32pm

Unlikely, as Ukraine only produces about 1.3% of the world's apples.

What about:
Pripyat Spring Water?
Chicken Chernobyl?
Uranium rod vol au vents?
Chernobyl craft beer - Geiger Beer.  ''You won't get legless but your kids will be''

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:33pm

Good. 1 goal better.  I take it all back.   Ace coach MON and his free scoring starlets.  In other news.  I have had more Weetabix in the last week than I had in the previous 2 months.

Lets face it your argument was lost when you had 2/3 points wrong in your intial stick beating.

You then waffle on trying to get away from the actual facts?

The simple fact is O'Neill's anti football has come up with more goals and points, than what Karanka could muster in his last 7 games in charge. 

Edited by Green Devil - 25 Feb 2019 at 11:34pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:36pm

Lets face it your argument was lost when you had 2/3 points wrong in your intial stick beating.

You then waffle on trying to defect away from the facts?

The simple fact is O'Neill's anti football has come up with more goals and points, than what Karanka could muster in his last 7 games in charge. 

And what about some other random 7 game spell Karanka had?   Pointless post.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:38pm
Because you're judging O'Neill on his time at Forest.

Forest have more goals scored, less goals conceded and more points in the 7 games O'Neill has been in charge than in Karanka's last 7 games in charge and yet you're somehow defending Karanka out of spite to O'Neill ffs what sort of argument are you putting up here LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:43pm
Sky showed a stat tonight that shows how they are regressing performance wise already under MON from under Karanka.  Down in all categories. Possession, passes, passing accuracy, etc.. All markedly down.  They will be even worse after tonights performance. 38% at home. They are now averaging 40% possession per game after tonight. Down from 53% under Karanka.

You can get a win playing sh*te but you wont consistently win playing sh*te.  Of course the climate change deniers will state that you can lose playing well.  Of course if you play consistently well you will do a lot better over the medium and long term.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 393394395396397 419>
  Share Topic