You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin O'Neill...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 380381382383384 420>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 10:28pm
I made a point that Conor won't come on and say the usual cliche sh*t. He will put the boot in. 

Look concentrate on spelling and speaking English instead of being grammer police and making sh*te puns.

Which is what happen bandy about phrases they heard other people misuse.

Confused
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I’m no fan of Hourihanes, but he must be annoyed watching Christie start in midfield ahead of him. 

Hopefully he’s asked about that. 
Christie never started in front of Hourihane. Christie was used as a defensive midfielder.

Hourihane played in defensive midfield against Wales, as did Hendrick. 

Hourihane was dropped from midfield after that game. 
Exactly! I think Conor would accept why he was dropped, although how Jeff escaped is beyond me. I don't think Hourihane is good enough in his best position.It was already an example of MON playing lads out of position.

Edited by pre Madonna - 21 Nov 2018 at 11:54pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

I made a point that Conor won't come on and say the usual cliche sh*t. He will put the boot in. 

Look concentrate on spelling and speaking English instead of being grammer police and making sh*te puns.

Which is what happen bandy about phrases they heard other people misuse.

Confused
It's grammar.

Clarity avoids confusion. I'm sure Hourihane will be very politically correct, he can still stick the boot in to MON.

Sorry, but the misuse of this term has much deeper ramifications for society. It is important it is corrected.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 10:33pm
Zzz

Back on topic
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by ontheball ontheball wrote:

I don't what a tracker is.  I don't know who Luke Edwards is.  Excuse my ignorance but who is Luke Edwards?

He is what Josef Goebbels was to Hitler

He used to be a journo in the north east of England bit of a plonker.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 10:34pm

I’m no fan of Hourihanes, but he must be annoyed watching Christie start in midfield ahead of him. 

Hopefully he’s asked about that. 
Christie never started in front of Hourihane. Christie was used as a defensive midfielder.

Hourihane played in defensive midfield against Wales, as did Hendrick. 

Hourihane was dropped from midfield after that game. 
Exactly! I think Conor would accept why he was dropped, although how Jeff escaped is beyond me. I don't think Hourihane is good enough in his best poition. It was already an example of MON playing lads out of position.

It's POSITION
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 11:05pm

Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

I think Kilbane talks so much sense, all the time. 

I think he was very harsh on Kenny. 

Mick is hardly a huge name either, there is a massive sense of loyalty to Mick and I understand that but he is little bit biased. 

Usually he is brilliant, disagree on this one though.
Of course he was harsh (while in true Kilbane style simultaneously trying to be nice), but football is harsh - it's brutal. 

Kilbane was talking from a player's perspective, and he should know - he was part of the group of players that so clearly didn't respect Kerr. 

And a lot of those players would have worked with Kerr at underage level, so Kerr even had an advantage over what Kenny would have. 

It would indeed be a case of "Stephen Who?"

It doesn't necessarily mean he couldn't be a success, but it would make it way harder for him.
uibhfaillian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uibhfaillian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 12:24am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by uibhfaillian uibhfaillian wrote:

Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

I think Kilbane talks so much sense, all the time. 

I think he was very harsh on Kenny. 

Mick is hardly a huge name either, there is a massive sense of loyalty to Mick and I understand that but he is little bit biased. 

Usually he is brilliant, disagree on this one though.

Neither Kenny or McCarthy are good options in my view. For different reasons.

But Lennon is  Confused
Yeah, Lennon would be a better choice than either Kenny or McCarthy.  What's confusing about that?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 9:31am
LOL

f**king hell 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 9:33am

LOL

f**king hell 

+1 Neil Lennon mother of god
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

LOL
f**king hell 
How about Billy McNeill or Tommy Burns, they managed Celthick.

Fcuk it Lou Macari, Josef Venglos, John Barnes even Jock Stein.

Has the tea lady at Celthick Park got any badges ?

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

LOL
f**king hell 

Your posts are getting more and more pathetic by the day.....

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 11:28am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

LOL
f**king hell 

Your posts are getting more and more pathetic by the day.....

but he is right though HB. it's f**king embarrassing that Lennon is even mentioned. he wins a few sh*tty leagues and cups with a Brit Club in a very poor league and all of a sudden he is the messiah to certain posters Confused
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 11:45am
No one is saying he's the messiah, he's just a candidate put forward for the job by some posters.

He did a much better job at Celtic that O'Neill did on a fraction of the budget, plays a decent brand of football and gets the best out of his players.

Again, I've no issue with him or others disagreeing with Lennon my issue is with this pathetic response.

The other names are Kenny, Allardyce and McCarthy, not an exciting list.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 12:12pm

Again, I've no issue with him or others disagreeing with Lennon my issue is with this pathetic response.
Not pathetic at all its the truth.

McGeady got 85 caps purely because he played for Celtic.
A player of equal ability probably got less than half that.

You weren't in Stephens Green last night were you ? LOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 12:17pm

This sounds kinky, who's Stephens Green? I'd guess he's an American
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 12:20pm

You resorted to naming dead people.

And bringing in McGeady and Hauntings Soldier sums up how pathetic your posts are.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 12:49pm
I'm not old enough to remember the reaction to Charlton's appointment, but I do know it wasn't exactly greeted with much fanfare, and he was 5 minutes away from the boot, until Scotland scored in Sofia. Players will get behind the manager if they see success from it. If they don't, then the whispers start, and suddenly little details become big issues. 

This reign had 1 highlight in 5 years imo. Germany at home. The rest of it was mediocre at best and full of lucky breaks. I didn't celebrate beating Italy B, as we were not facing the strongest opposition who didn't care whether they won or lost. Plus I knew we were heading out 4 days later, and sure enough, out we went. I didn't celebrate beating Wales either, as we were perfectly capable of winning the easiest qualifying group in our history, and all we got for it was a playoff, which we subsequently lost. Therefore the smash and grab win in Cardiff, against a poor side with just one home win in over a year, was effectively useless. As for this year, the luck ran out and it was a write off from beginning to end. 

Then of course, there was the man himself and his cavalier attitude to the job. His stubborn ignorance of it's fundamental requirements, his poor treatment of the media, especially our media, the constant desire to put himself in the English club shop window, the Stoke business, the Rice/Arter/Grealish business. And so on and so on and so on.

The neutrals and shamefully, some ex-players, have fell for the "lack of players" ruse, hook line and sinker. You don't need great players to coach a team and organise them properly. You don't need great players to have a competent game plan or strategy. You just have to know what you're doing, and they have to know what they're doing. I couldn't do my job if I didn't know what my role was, and footballers can't either. For 2 million quid, you'd want a bit more direction than that.

There are plenty of other countries who don't have world class players, but they can still be trained, coached, organised, disciplined, trusted to take a throw in properly, pass a ball from back to front without bricking it, have a few attempts at goal per game, and score a goal from time to time. Georgia can do it, Iceland can do it, and we can do it. But we haven't done it, and that's why we now have to start again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 380381382383384 420>
  Share Topic