You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin O'Neill...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 378379380381382 419>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Luke Edwards then came on and defended MON to death.

Implied Christie was a better player than Doherty and that the only reason Doherty was having a go was because he never played.

There's a surprise, MON's rentboy defends him to the hilt LOL

The RTE panel didn't really let him away with it though and caught him out on a few points. I think it was Alan Cawley and Tony O'D.

Edwards was clutching at straws and argued that Ireland should have qualified as group winners because Duffy's late 'goal' vs Austria should have counted - I think most on here agree that it was a foul at this stage.

Sponsored Links

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

I find the list of replacements, so far, considering we have about 1 year to qualify, as uninspiring as you can get.

Considering Martin o Neill was the first manager in 20 years to beat a team higher seeded than us, and on a couple of occasions, the list is worrying.

However I do accept  how it has all come to an end. I still think it was better the devil we knew than dont know

Hi Luke.

fair enough he got some big scalps but he had outrageous luck and the changing format of the Euros made his achievements look a lot better than they were.  Name me the good performances in 5 yrs in charge.  I would concede Bosnia home, Austria away 2nd half, Sweden, Italy and France. All the other performances were utter toxicity but he got very lucky in the 2 Germany games, Wales away, and a load of other good fortune went his way.  When the luck ran out he was totally exposed as a coach.

How could you stick with a man who has seen the performances free fall since he took over?

The last year is the worst football I have ever seen from a ''professional team''

Don't forget Walters' offside goal vs Scotland at home.
Usa94 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usa94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 8:41pm
Happy Days.
Good bye Martin. Need someone in quick with qualifiers in March. Brendan Rodgers then?
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

I find the list of replacements, so far, considering we have about 1 year to qualify, as uninspiring as you can get.

Considering Martin o Neill was the first manager in 20 years to beat a team higher seeded than us, and on a couple of occasions, the list is worrying.

However I do accept  how it has all come to an end. I still think it was better the devil we knew than dont know

Hi Luke.

fair enough he got some big scalps but he had outrageous luck and the changing format of the Euros made his achievements look a lot better than they were.  Name me the good performances in 5 yrs in charge.  I would concede Bosnia home, Austria away 2nd half, Sweden, Italy and France. All the other performances were utter toxicity but he got very lucky in the 2 Germany games, Wales away, and a load of other good fortune went his way.  When the luck ran out he was totally exposed as a coach.

How could you stick with a man who has seen the performances free fall since he took over?

The last year is the worst football I have ever seen from a ''professional team''

Luke? Did I meet ya this weekend? It's not my nameLOL.  It's close though

Anyway, I'll accept the luck, but all managers we have had who had big results relied on luck and many times awful performances as well

I'll accept it's gone down hill and can see why it's happened. I just would've doubled down on him , than fold. Or as a lad on the plane said to me, stick or twist.

Edited by OohAah... - 21 Nov 2018 at 8:45pm
1874eire View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1874eire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 8:47pm

Matt Doherty on RTE 2FM now spilling the beans on the state of the set-up. 

This is the first time after an Irish manager being sacked/resigning that I can recall current players doing interviews literally on the day of it happening, talking about the regime. Doherty is a fine player but I don't care much for his personality, seems to like the sound of his own voice. 
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 8:49pm
I don't know what a tracker is.  I don't know who Luke Edwards is.  Excuse my ignorance but who is Luke Edwards?

Edited by ontheball - 21 Nov 2018 at 8:57pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by 1874eire 1874eire wrote:

This is the first time after an Irish manager being sacked/resigning that I can recall current players doing interviews literally on the day of it happening, talking about the regime. Doherty is a fine player but I don't care much for his personality, seems to like the sound of his own voice. 

I think he actually sounded fairly intelligent, articulate and likable in the interview.

He wasn't completely biased either and said that he wouldn't feel fair putting the boot into the management team as they had decent success before he arrived. 

Was very reluctant to spill the beans on the Walters / Arter vs R. Keane bust up too.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by 1874eire 1874eire wrote:

Ok this is going to sound strange coming from me but I would agree that its bad form  a curret player coming out that day they are sacked and slating your former manager even if it is MON and the training is sh*te.  At least wait a while.

How did he end up on the radio anyway?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by ontheball ontheball wrote:

I don't what a tracker is.  I don't know who Luke Edwards is.  Excuse my ignorance but who is Luke Edwards?

He is what Josef Goebbels was to Hitler
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 8:55pm
Conor Hourihane on Off The Ball in a few minutes. 

Obvious trend here. 

Doherty and Hourihane didn’t feature too much under O’Neill. 

Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 8:56pm

Obvious trend here. 

Got a link as to how I can listen?
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

Obvious trend here. 

www.offtheball.com has a live player I think.

I’m on my phone and can’t send the proper link but you should get it from the above. 
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 9:00pm

Obvious trend here. 

www.offtheball.com has a live player I think.

I’m on my phone and can’t send the proper link but you should get it from the above. 

Got it, cheers. Clap
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 9:00pm
Is this bad? Half the squad mourning him and the rest slating him. Will that cause unrest when they meet up again? 

The fact Matt has spoken already is a shocking sign. However, he is very good and plays prem every week. Deserved to play years ago. Then MON calling him "young Matt" 

Actually f**k you MON you patronising f**kwit
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 9:12pm
I think Kilbane talks so much sense, all the time. 
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 9:13pm

I think Kilbane talks so much sense, all the time. 

I think he was very harsh on Kenny. 

Mick is hardly a huge name either, there is a massive sense of loyalty to Mick and I understand that but he is little bit biased. 

Usually he is brilliant, disagree on this one though.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 9:14pm
Has Hourihane been on yet or is it still to come?
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Has Hourihane been on yet or is it still to come?

Still to come.

Think this is on until 10.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 378379380381382 419>
  Share Topic