You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin O'Neill...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 372373374375376 419>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 10:46am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Originally posted by houghton88 houghton88 wrote:

I like to think my email to JD yesterday played some part in this and my threat to stage a protest at thee Convention Centre. Yous can all thank me later.  

I think it was my tweet to the FAI, got like 15 likes. 

whats your twitter handle? Ill look for it and give it an extra like. Might put pressure on JD aswell then. 
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
Sponsored Links

Jicked View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jicked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 10:47am

I like to think my email to JD yesterday played some part in this and my threat to stage a protest at thee Convention Centre. Yous can all thank me later.  

Bring the Delaney Out banner to the Beckett Bridge on the dar of the Euros draw 1 December and watch JD just as quickly agree to some reform of the FAI board to make sure he stays in place. 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 10:50am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

remember there was a sub-committee put together to put a name forward after a series of interviews. Houghton was on it etc. What manager did we end up with,was it Kerr?

Do we have the time for a sub-committee? I don't think so which is why I reckon they'll go for a hond over candidate like Mick McCarthy.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 10:54am

remember there was a sub-committee put together to put a name forward after a series of interviews. Houghton was on it etc. What manager did we end up with,was it Kerr?

Hold your horses there young fella if I recall Brian Kerr's win/ration was hell of a lot better than MON, Trap, Stan, Mick & Jack and most of them had way better squads Brian Kerr got the sh*tty end of the stick remember when McCarthy should of be gone after the WC and Saipan he stayed on got off to a bad start in our EC2004 campaign and then abandoned us! Brian Kerr as we all know was treated very badly after all this!
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 10:54am
Never to be forgotten nights against Germany (home and away), Austria away, Wales away and Italy in Lille. Thanks for those Martin. Parting is such sweet sorrow but your time was up.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Hold your horses there young fella if I recall Brian Kerr's win/ration was hell of a lot better than MON, Trap, Stan, Mick & Jack and most of them had way better squads Brian Kerr got the sh*tty end of the stick remember when McCarthy should of be gone after the WC and Saipan he stayed on got off to a bad start in our EC2004 campaign and then abandoned us! Brian Kerr as we all know was treated very badly after all this!
I agree with your point, to a point, but Kerr had a far better squad than MON.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 10:57am
arter is doing a jig on the streets of cardiff right now....and wardy
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 10:58am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

arter is doing a jig on the streets of Cardiff
Thanks, Buzz Killington.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 10:59am
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Those A4 pages in Aarhus sorta worked

They actually did, in fairness.
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 11:01am
Good riddance.   

niallmc View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niallmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 11:01am
now that Martin and Roy have gone, they will need someone fast as the Euro 2020 draw is in a few weeks. 
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 11:01am

short term manager in with a view to qualify. That’s his only remit. Big bonus for him if we do. Cross bridges after that

Couldn't agree more. Qualifying and hosting Euro 2020 will do more for the Irish game than any long term, strategic managerial appointment 

Its basically a one year job - Big Sam in to get us qualified with a nice bonus at the end for him if he does it
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 11:04am
Had to go, whole thing has become a joke. Some good memories over the few years but this whole year has been one disaster after another. His time was definitely up.

Wouldn't be for McCarthy, Allardyce or Kenny myself. Would like to see Hughton but not going to happen. 
Some people just deserve a slap
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 11:07am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

arter is doing a jig on the streets of cardiff right now....and wardy

In all seriousness, the sad thing is I'd say there are a lot of players who are secretly doing a jig.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 11:08am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

I think it was my tweet to the FAI, got like 15 likes. 

No no, it was me.....I prayed to St Anthony......I said we had lost our way
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 11:09am
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

short term manager in with a view to qualify. That’s his only remit. Big bonus for him if we do. Cross bridges after that

Couldn't agree more. Qualifying and hosting Euro 2020 will do more for the Irish game than any long term, strategic managerial appointment 

Its basically a one year job - Big Sam in to get us qualified with a nice bonus at the end for him if he does it

No No No
It's not me it's you:-)
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 11:10am
Originally posted by niallmc niallmc wrote:

now that Martin and Roy have gone, they will need someone fast as the Euro 2020 draw is in a few weeks. 

Yes it’s on Sunday week.
The draw is in Dublin so you can’t have us hosting the draw, and us having no manager there!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 11:11am
There was a time I was the only anti MON merchant on here.   Now all of YBIG are  anti MON. 

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds left to conquer."

Cry

Edited by Trap junior - 21 Nov 2018 at 11:14am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 372373374375376 419>
  Share Topic