Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin O'Neill...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363364365366367 420>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 11:25am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Christie in midfield is enough for him to be burned at a stake. He has lost the plot. Seriously.
And not just in one game either, it's several now and it's plain to see (except to MON himself, obviously) that it doesn't work.

I don't think I'm exaggerating by saying that you would probably get better tactics from a 10 year-old playing Football Manager on a laptop!

Well on Football Manager it clearly tells you whether a player i suitable for a position

https://www.fmscout.com/player/28047904/cyrus-christie.html

You can see he can play as a right back, can do a job at right wingback, can play at right wing, left back and centre back but you wouldn't really want to as he'd be woeful.

But no centre midfield because he can't play there

Sponsored Links

Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 11:46am
I see MON is claiming that three clean sheets is somehow sign of progress.

It's nonsense though : they were three very shaky scoreless draws and we should have lost all three. We gave up an avalanche of chances in the three games (just as we did in the two Wales games that we actually lost)
Allnighters11 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allnighters11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 11:49am
Unfortunately I think voting with your feet is the only way to initiate change. 
The FAI don't give a fiddlers about supporters until it starts costing them money. 

I used to always look at Newcastle and wonder why if they wanted to get rid of Ashley they just needed to stop going to games and he'd  be gone in a month.

If there was a blanket boycott on the 1st qualifier then I think you would see change, it would then be clear that there would be no season ticket sales until O'Neill is gone.

Most likely not enough just for a ybig boycott but it would need to be picked up by balls/joe (makes me sick saying it) before it would get real traction.

Delaney will never leave though, he's like a cockroach.

Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 11:57am
Absolutely no chance of a blanket boycott. There's enough ignorance and FAI apologists who won't turn their back, even if the cause is just, to make a genuine impact.

It is however, more likely to see a walkout mid game if we saw another spectacle on the pitch like Denmark. Seeing people leaving en masse during a game is just as effective imo.
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

It's nonsense though : they were three very shaky scoreless draws and we should have lost all three. We gave up an avalanche of chances in the three games (just as we did in the two Wales games that we actually lost)

Opposition teams attacking players are on any form, we lose every one of our last 5/6 games comfortably. Opposition attacking players off form, we might just hang on for dear life to a 0-0. This is now our tactical setup. It  is purely based on the level of the oppositions performance, not our own. We don't do anything to put the result of any match in our own hands. 

This is going on a lot lot longer than people think also. The Wales home 0-0 game in March 2017 was deplorable. Most just nodded and said grand point myself included, and didn't go too deep into the performance though as we were top of the qualifying group at that stage. Georgia 6 months later was clear that this set up was totally broken, one of the most despicable displays I've seen an Irish team give. Then the Wales away game papered over lots of cracks again.

18 months plus this sh*te is going on. It's absolutely sickening that MON was given that contract.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 11:58am
He needs to resign. He had his chance with this Nations League it has worked out as bad as we feared.

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Opposition teams attacking players are on any form, we lose every one of our last 5/6 games comfortably. Opposition attacking players off form, we might just hang on for dear life to a 0-0. This is now our tactical setup. It  is purely based on the level of the oppositions performance, not our own. We don't do anything to put the result of any match in our own hands. 

This is going on a lot lot longer than people think also. The Wales home 0-0 game in March 2017 was deplorable. Most just nodded and said grand point myself included, and didn't go too deep into the performance though as we were top of the qualifying group at that stage. Georgia 6 months later was clear that this set up was totally broken, one of the most despicable displays I've seen an Irish team give. Then the Wales away game papered over lots of cracks again.

18 months plus this sh*te is going on. It's absolutely sickening that MON was given that contract.

That is it in a nutshell.  This isn't a sudden dip.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

He needs to resign. He had his chance with this Nations League it has worked out as bad as we feared.

MON thinks it's gone well LOL clean sheets, confidence coming back, youngsters being capped left right and centre according to him LOL His interviews are getting scary tbh, he must be unwell with some of the stuff he's coming out with
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:01pm

Not a hope. It's a payoff or nothing.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:06pm

MON thinks it's gone well LOL clean sheets, confidence coming back, youngsters being capped left right and centre according to him LOL His interviews are getting scary tbh, he must be unwell with some of the stuff he's coming out with

His fake news would make even the orange one embarrassed.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:10pm

Spot on. Said it at the time after Wales that he somehow managed to get results out of situations but there was no rhyme and reason to it. Those one off wins are gone now....
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:21pm
Even Austria should have been out of sight before Walters equalised. They squandered so many chances.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:24pm
The one thing MON has always had is plenty of luck on his side. Last night was another example really in that a) the Danes had nothing to play for as they'd already won the group and b) that they subsequently missed a few absolute sitters during the game itself to help us to the draw.

kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:26pm
He doesn't need any more luck. He can't improve this side. He will never change his tactics. He will never go in to a game trying to be ahead before the 70th min. 

The man is a joke and needs to put us out our misery and resign. He should have more respect for himself also. Clearly all the fans and players hate him.

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:34pm
I’ll love the comments on the FAI Facebook post saying how nice he is. Ah grand so, we’ll stick with his incompetence cause he’s sound
niallmc View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niallmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:39pm
this MON era reminds me of the end of the Eoin Hand era. Low moral and Low attendance at the matchs. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:44pm
Age Hareide:  (From Irish Times)

Asked if he could remember a game in which his side had been given so few problems by their opponents, Denmark manager Age Hareide paused for just a moment before answering: “No.”

“But they choose their tactics and when you play against them it is hard to because you have to guard against the counterattack,” he said, softening the impact only a little.

He neededn't have worried about the 2nd part.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

The one thing MON has always had is plenty of luck on his side. Last night was another example really in that a) the Danes had nothing to play for as they'd already won the group and b) that they subsequently missed a few absolute sitters during the game itself to help us to the draw.

I disagree that he had luck last night. Yet another 0-0 draw with no chances created brought home the fact that this is a sterile, mediocre team going nowhere. I would say the result last night harms MON considerably rather than helps him.

Who wants to watch a team that can't create a chance or score a goal?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363364365366367 420>
  Share Topic