You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin O'Neill...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 360361362363364 419>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 10:18pm
Good assessment from Richard Dunne

Quote What worries me now is that I don't see a way out of it. You can't say we are going through a bad spell and need a bit of luck to turn things around, there's no sign of things getting better. You don't go into a game thinking that the team will score and win, you go into every game hoping for an improvement but you don't get that.

What upsets me most about the state of the game, and the state of the national team right now, is that people don't even want to watch any more.

Quote If you look at Northern Ireland last week, they had a certain style of play. We don't have that at all, we had no guidance.

The players in the Northern Ireland squad aren't household names, far from it, but they work the ball well, they pass it well, and that's the biggest disappointment with this Irish team, that we don't have a plan to go out and play. We looked a million miles away from Northern Ireland.

Quote ... there's no reason why we shouldn't have a coach who can organise a team and get the best out of what we have, and I don't feel we are getting the best out of what we have.

Sponsored Links

KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 10:18pm
Not a hope in hell he’ll step down. Delaney might feel forced to take some action. Hopefully the papers go hard on him tomorrow.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 10:22pm
It's interesting to hear Dunne say that. A bit similar to the Andrews criticism.  I'm not sure we did a huge amount more with the ball in Trap's time (especially in the last campaign), when both of them were on the team...  

Would like to see more analysis from Dunne as to WHY we don't do it when we have the ball - he was in a similar team with similar issues and should have some idea of what the problem is.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Not a hope in hell he’ll step down. Delaney might feel forced to take some action. Hopefully the papers go hard on him tomorrow.

Delaney will do whatever it takes to save his own bacon. Whatever will take the heat off. and there's  A LOT of heat on him now.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 10:24pm
Allardyce or McCarthy for me. I honestly don't care who becomes the Irish manager now just so long as O'Neill & Keane are given the boot.
The only way is up
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 10:54pm
I'm in the Stephen Kenny camp myself. The way he carries himself and speaks so highly of his players really impresses me.

I think he could be the man to change our ways. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
killer kilbane View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:01pm
If they are in a pradicament where they can't afford to pay off O Neill and Keane I would say Kenny would take on the position with a very basic salery and the promise if he is successful and qualifies us a bumper payrise and another 2 year contract 
And it's come through now to mackay... and it's there
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

O’Neill to Obafemi after the game 

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:04pm
O’Neills jobs as safe as houses
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:04pm
Was just on the box there saying his ‘he will get the best out of the players, because he’s *always* done it, and it’s what his success has been built on’ etc.
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:13pm
I'm done. Not going to another game or even watching the senior team on TV while he's there. I'll check back in in Apri 2020. Peace.
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:17pm
The FAI might be sack him depending on the draw we get. 

If we manage to draw say England or France then the TV money and gate for both games would probably pay to sack O’Neill and his band of crooks. 

The Swiss as top seeds followed by Denmark or Wales again and you’d be looking at sh*te attendances, and sh*te money to boot. 

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:23pm
Dan McDonnell on twitter....

"O'Neill argued that Cyrus Christie grew into the game 'really strongly' after a deliberate start. Sounds like he's keen to continue with him in midfield. Would like to know what the midfielders on the bench make of that..."

Ermm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

O’Neills jobs as safe as houses

Stuck with him now until at least March...180k a month for the next 4 months with no games...let that sink in 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:36pm
I'd say it's harder to get rid of acne than it is to get rid of O'Neill.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I'd say it's harder to get rid of acne than it is to get rid of O'Neill.

Acne usually goes away after a few years...
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:54pm
MON now has lowest win % of any modern ROI manager. Will he seriously ever piss off. Kerr - 33 games - 55% win Jack - 94 games - 50% win Mick - 68 games - 43% win Trap - 64 games - 41% win Stan - 17 games - 35% win MON - 55 games - 34% win
The only way is up
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Dr. Pat Dr. Pat wrote:

I'm done. Not going to another game or even watching the senior team on TV while he's there. I'll check back in in Apri 2020. Peace.

Close the door on your way out Thumbs Up
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 360361362363364 419>
  Share Topic