You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin O'Neill...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 358359360361362 419>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 10:37am
Oddball....if someone asked MON the color of the tie he was wearing he'd thank them for observing he's wearing a tie and only confirm the color of the tie was self evident, dat der

Edited by gazurtoids - 19 Nov 2018 at 10:37am
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:24am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

If he gets us at least a playoff then he deserves another campaign.

LOL

Had it been the old system then you could argue that but not this getting to a playoff despite finishing 4th in the group stuff
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:52am
I've seen mention of how bad it was under Stan, how bad it got under Trap, it ended pretty bitterly under McCarthy, but I've never seen a situation like this with the Irish senior team. It is beyond toxic and worse still, if himself and Keane hang tough somehow through a whole campaign next year it will only get worse and worse.

Delaney should be strung up by his balls for letting this happen. The worst part isn't even the fact that he gave them a new contract after one of the most appalling managerial displays in a World Cup play off. Or even that after MON flirted with taking the Stoke job that he got a bumper pay rise instead of being told to feck off by Delaney. The worst of all is that somehow with 12 months of clear evidence of a broken team, with a totally toxic environment between the management and players, the management and fans, and no hope whatsoever of any improvement under MON, they are still in the job. Left to do yet more damage. It is by far the darkest period for the Irish team in my lifetime, and I really pity who comes in next because it won't be a quick fix after this mob go.

It is so f*cking depressing. 

Edited by Hans Moleman - 19 Nov 2018 at 11:53am
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 12:03pm
He was always going to see out the Nations League games, I don't see why sacking him before it had run it's course would be an acceptable thing for the FAI. When the dust settles after tonight's games was and is the correct time to assess the situation.

I'm still hopeful he will resign
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

He was always going to see out the Nations League games, I don't see why sacking him before it had run it's course would be an acceptable thing for the FAI. When the dust settles after tonight's games was and is the correct time to assess the situation.

Doubt it. He is stubborn and wants the cash for his law suit

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 12:13pm

Not a hope he resigns given the court case he's taking at the moment 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
royal rover View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royal rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 12:15pm
if we get beaten tonight i fully expect they will be offered some sort of a package to walk away ,it's as negative now as i can remember 
royal rover
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Not a hope he resigns given the court case he's taking at the moment 
Is that true?

He won't walk anyway, he wants the payoff.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 12:23pm

The minute the Wales hammering was over a couple of months ago, any half serious association would have sat down with MON and worked out his compensation package. Much like Trapatonis last campaign where he should have been removed at the very latest after the home hammering to Germany. There was without doubt no coming back in either campaign from those results, and any decent football association would know that and remove the management.

Unfortunately we are run by spivs and spoofers.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

If he gets us at least a playoff then he deserves another campaign.

LOL

Had it been the old system then you could argue that but not this getting to a playoff despite finishing 4th in the group stuff
I thought I would get more of a reaction!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 12:38pm
Yeah nothing worse than sitting on the river bank waiting for bites only for nor nothing to happenCry

GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 12:49pm
What court case?
What law suit?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

What court case?
What law suit?
There was a link to a rag on the last page about, haven't seen it anywhere reputable. Admittedly, that's a short list these days!
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 1:14pm
Whatever about O'Neill, I think Keane will jump ship if we lose tonight. Wasn't this gig supposed to rehabilitate his image/credentials? He's worse off now!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Whatever about O'Neill, I think Keane will jump ship if we lose tonight. Wasn't this gig supposed to rehabilitate his image/credentials? He's worse off now!
He won't get another job outside the FAI, he will hang on in the hope of getting the main gig himself.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 1:22pm

Both of them should go. It's so obvious that if we start the qualifiers with them we will lose at home to a Malta or Belarus or whatever and they will be sacked anyway.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 1:22pm

He won't get another job outside the FAI, he will hang on in the hope of getting the main gig himself.

Have you been drinking?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 358359360361362 419>
  Share Topic