Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin O'Neill...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 329330331332333 419>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 10:13am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 10:18am
make the f**king thing smaller then! Although a smaller pitch means less time on the ball. We already treat it like a hot potato so don’t think that’s the answer Marty
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 10:32am
LOLLOLLOL I’d nearly reckon him & Keane have a bet on as to the most ridiculous thing he can say to the press
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 10:35am
Some of his comments this last week have been embarrassing..he knows the end is nigh I'd say
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by Fozzy B Fozzy B wrote:

oneill really is digging into the big bag of excuses now. just read online, that in his pre match presser yesterday he blamed the size of the aviva pitch for our recent struggles. if wales win tonight im sure he will probably blame the wattage of bulp in the floodlightsAngryAngry

What other job would you get away with being so negative and blaming irrelevant circumstances for your short comings?

A Sinn Fein TD ?
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 10:37am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Originally posted by Fozzy B Fozzy B wrote:

oneill really is digging into the big bag of excuses now. just read online, that in his pre match presser yesterday he blamed the size of the aviva pitch for our recent struggles. if wales win tonight im sure he will probably blame the wattage of bulp in the floodlightsAngryAngry

What other job would you get away with being so negative and blaming irrelevant circumstances for your short comings?

A Sinn Fein TD ?

LOLLOLClap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 10:45am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

John Delaney has shown us that he doesn't care about general anger. I honestly think we could get beaten by 5 or 6 tonight and MON will still be there for the Euro qualifiers next year. 
I think there is some truth in the opinion that he enjoys the heat being off him.
His ego certainly wants the attention of Ireland playing a Euro match in Dublin in 2020, but even that comes second to MON taking the flak. It is much easier to defend somebody else than yourself.

It is quite possible that if we get hammered by Wales and Denmark, Delaney will do nothing.

At the same time, it's possible that the realisation if those results happened, that qualification for the Euros will be dead before a ball has even been kicked might warrant some action from the FAI. That and the fact that they will realise the attendances will fall through the floor in those upcoming qualifiiers. 

You just never know with this bunch of muppets. The bottom line is all that matters though, and if things go wrong in these games, they might just be smart enough to realise they will be pouring money down the drain on this current management team.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Not sure what I want from tomorrow.  On one hand I want us to lose so MON gets the sack but that I believe puts us as 3rd seeds for the Euro Qualifiers making qualifying harder.  If we win though MON stays on and we have no chance next year.  It's a lose-lose situation. 

I'd probably plump for 3rd seeds and us having a new manager for 2019.  It's our best chance of qualifying.

Said it before but the seeding thing is a bit of a red herring. Second seeds for Euros and had a far tougher group than we did as fourth seeds last time out. 

Obviously better to be higher up but it's about the luck of the draw as much as anything else.

You will have far more 'luck' over time as a 2nd seed than as a 3rd seed. The World Cup group we got with Wales as our 1st seed and Austria as our 2nd seed is something that is unlikely to happen to us again if we were 3rd seeds for the next 20 draws. We simply couldn't have picked out better opposition.

Even with Wales missing a few, I'm not sure how anyone could be confident we will win tomorrow. We are most likely heading for 3rd seeds either way, and the sh*t show will just keep trundling on.

Correct. The odds on getting a favorable draw are far shorter should we be a 2nd seed. There are two group A teams that are going to be 2nd seeds. Makes zero sense to suggest it’s a red herring. You could put down everything to luck in football if it suited your agenda. You make your own luck

I've said they're shorter. Just saying it's not the be all and end all. Two teams come down from pot 1 so one in four chance of getting one of those groups. There'll be litte difference between say the bottom 4 in pot 2 and the top 4 in pot 3. The difficulty of our qualifying groups over the years has rarely come down to our seeding being the main factor.Top seeds in 2004 and we got Russia and Switzerland and finished 3rd. 3rd seeds in 2012 and got Russia and Slovakia. Also see our last two groups where we were 2nd and 4th seeds.

It can go wrong like when we got the Germans as 2nd seeds in 2008 but more often than not it's not been the main determination of how tough the group is. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 10:51am

I've accepted at this stage that MON will be here for the 2020 qualifiers.

I've also accepted that we have little to no chance of qualifying with him in charge.

I'm desperately hoping at this stage that we can get the win that's needed tonight and secure pot 2 seeding in the next few weeks as it is our only chance of getting near qualifying. 

We have zero chance of qualifying if MON is in charge. I think we are long shots even if we appointed new management very soon as it is, but at least we'd have a small chance. 

I think anyone thinking we have any chance of qualifying for the Euros under MON needs to sit down and look at the results from 2018. Then look at the results from 2017. Appalling is an understatement. That is without mentioning performance levels, morale in the squad, players leaving. I think anyone believing we have a 1 percent chance under MON of making Euro 2020 is set for the mad house.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 10:54am
Exactly. Narrow the pitch then do something about it.

Long ball football can be effective when done well. If we are going to go really direct and press teams a smaller pitch may not be a bad thing at all. We should also go with two up top and play Duffy up front. 

He is utterly finished as a manager and has been for a long time. He does not work hard anymore fails to prepare the team and is actually starting to take the piss given how much we pay him. I am well aware he does not have a great squad to work with and some of our better players are injured but we are an incoherent mess.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 10:54am
Without giving too much credit to MON here, I don't think we would have a chance of qualifying for the Euros with Pep Guardiola in charge!
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

I've accepted at this stage that MON will be here for the 2020 qualifiers.

I've also accepted that we have little to no chance of qualifying with him in charge.

I'm desperately hoping at this stage that we can get the win that's needed tonight and secure pot 2 seeding in the next few weeks as it is our only chance of getting near qualifying. 

We have zero chance of qualifying if MON is in charge. I think we are long shots even if we appointed new management very soon as it is, but at least we'd have a small chance. 

I think anyone thinking we have any chance of qualifying for the Euros under MON needs to sit down and look at the results from 2018. Then look at the results from 2017. Appalling is an understatement. That is without mentioning performance levels, morale in the squad, players leaving. I think anyone believing we have a 1 percent chance under MON of making Euro 2020 is set for the mad house.

I completely agree, but we have even less of a chance of qualifying with MON in charge if we are third seeds.

I have a feeling that we'll drop a good few points away to the fourth, fifth and sixth seeds in the upcoming qualifiers too. 
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 10:56am
We will win tonight which is great, but and the big BUT is this will cement our fate with MON entrenched for the foreseeable future Dead
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 11:13am

Without giving too much credit to MON here, I don't think we would have a chance of qualifying for the Euros with Pep Guardiola in charge!

Performances enhanced though Wink
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 11:17am

Well, there's a good chance you'll have a manager who will be breaking his bollix on the training ground to get his message across, and drilling in a system to...suit the players he has at his disposal. 

If we still stunk the place out, at least then we could go to bed at night knowing..."yeah, we don't have the players."
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 11:18am
Two poor performances and defeats should be enough to get them the sack but can't see the FAI paying up. But they should really take the risk knowing we won't qualify with MoN in charge except maybe if we got somehow a jammy draw
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Well, there's a good chance you'll have a manager who will be breaking his bollix on the training ground to get his message across, and drilling in a system to...suit the players he has at his disposal. 

If we still stunk the place out, at least then we could go to bed at night knowing..."yeah, we don't have the players."
I agree, MON should go. He is doing more harm than good, the players available to him, bar a few defenders, are brutal though. No matter how much people try to make them better than they are on here.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 11:24am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Two poor performances and defeats should be enough to get them the sack but can't see the FAI paying up. But they should really take the risk knowing we won't qualify with MoN in charge except maybe if we got somehow a jammy draw

We had our jammy draw last time out. Mickey mouse group in the end. 

As potential 3rd seed we could end up with some horrendous pairing above us, not to mention Georgia below us in seeding.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 329330331332333 419>
  Share Topic