You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin O'Neill...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 260261262263264 419>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 2:02pm
500k to get Micheal O'Neill out of his Norn Irn contract......surely he'd prefer us to the Scots (don't ask me why) .....if they offered the 500k lets offer 501k
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

500k to get Micheal O'Neill out of his Norn Irn contract......surely he'd prefer us to the Scots (don't ask me why) .....if they offered the 500k lets offer 501k

Surely he'd prefer to manage the place where he lives? I can't see the FAI paying 500k to get anybody out of their contract. The Scots have also, apparently, offered him a million a year, a figure we currently need a benefactor to pay.
Can we be certain that we will have financial assistance to pay the next gaffer too?

Edited by pre Madonna - 14 Jan 2018 at 2:41pm
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 2:22pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 2:26pm
RTE radio 1 live now discussing it

https://www.liveradio.ie/stations/rte-radio-1
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 2:44pm
It sounds to me like Jonathan Walters might be staying around for the Euro 2020 campaign :

Mark Chapman " so should Martin O'Neill take Roy Keane with him to Stoke?"

Jonathan Walters "YES!"

.....he said it so fast and decisively it generated a fair bit of laughter in the studio.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

RTE radio 1 live now discussing it

https://www.liveradio.ie/stations/rte-radio-1

The gist of what Luke Edwards said was that Stoke definitely want O'Neill and have been / are talking to him. The only unknown variable is what MON makes of their offer.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 2:57pm
I've heard that MON is not being offered a long term contract and that is why he hasn't accepted as of yet.  Many of their fans will put up with him for 12 months to ensure safety but want a more progressive manager. 

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 3:00pm
So it's a question of whether MON is happy to be Stokes 2nd choice, or whether we're happy to be MON's 2nd choice. I'd love to see the Stoke deal fall through, and Delaney grow a pair and withdraw out contract offer as well. Why they have let O'Neill d*ck them around, when it should be him in the position of begging the FAI to keep him, is beyond me. Sums up our whole attitude as a footballing nation, we always hand the initiative to the opponent and position ourselves as underdogs, even when there is no apparent reason to do so.
We're decent enough..
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 3:04pm
The only about face I could see Delaney making is to rescind the original offer and offer a reduced salary in a new contract offer.

I don't see him casting O'Neill aside.
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I don't see an issue with giving the job to Keane for the duration of the 2020 qualifiers.

Oh really?
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I've heard that MON is not being offered a long term contract and that is why he hasn't accepted as of yet.  Many of their fans will put up with him for 12 months to ensure safety but want a more progressive manager. 

Edwards was saying that a shortish contract means Stoke could sack O'Neill whenever they wanted and buy him out of his contract relatively easily, meaning he would be wary about signing such a thing.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 3:33pm
Can't believe how O'Neil has treated us. Such arrogance and contempt. To enter a verbal agreement, get paid for f**k all for 3months and then to not publicly state what his position is. It's galling. I want him to go now to be honest. As for John Delaney and the FAI well they have been truly taken as amatuers if MON leaves.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 6:51pm
According to the Indo, the contract hasn't even been written up. Also, his current contract hasn't expired yet as it was going to cover the World Cup anyway.

Bit of an overreaction on here by some!
TonyGawks View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyGawks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 6:53pm
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 6:53pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 6:56pm
Great. Another few years of no passing the football.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 6:56pm
Fcuk sake. I knew the fooker would stay. I'm convinced he is staying just to piss me off as well.  AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 6:58pm
Great news! I'm delighted! Onwards and upwards we go!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 260261262263264 419>
  Share Topic