Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin O'Neill...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 419>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

To paraphrase Conor McGregor,

f**k the Trapattonis!

Martin O'Neill teamtalk

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I would rather have a general who was lucky than one who was good. Napoleon Bonaparte.

I would rather have a general who attempts to play the game of football underneath the stratosphere - Trap Junior

you were a trap fan though, he was far worse than o'neill

Ireland had 34% possession against Spain in Euro 2012. The best international side ever with 3 major wins in a row.

In 2017 under MON we had 31% possession to the giants of Georgia. 5th seeds.
We had 29% possession against Wales last week. 

These are not the big nations of world football.

MON plays far more hoofball and its uglier imo.

https://www.balls.ie/football/stats-georgia-v-ireland-will-make-eyes-bleed-372740

hmm..id be pretty certain we didnt have more than 30% the time we beat germany the world champions.

Leicester won the league with having negative possession stats

No way on earth was MON more negative than trap. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 5:59pm
Germany were all over us. Their strikers couldn't hit a barn door that night. They would have won 5-0 if they were. 

As Lowe said ''Ireland kicked the ball long 100 times and got lucky 1 time''

"We knew Ireland would be defending with nine and sometimes 10 men," the World Cup winning coach said. "We knew they'd get men behind the ball and try long hopeful balls up-front."

"We avoided 99 of those long balls, but the 100th was one too many."

Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 6:16pm

Germany were all over us. Their strikers couldn't hit a barn door that night. They would have won 5-0 if they were. 

"We knew Ireland would be defending with nine and sometimes 10 men," the
World Cup winning coach said. "We knew they'd get men behind the ball
and try long hopeful balls up-front."

Trap lost 6-1 at home to Germany.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 6:23pm

They beat us 6-1 under Trap. So kindly f**k off with this sh*t
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 6:49pm

"We knew Ireland would be defending with nine and sometimes 10 men," the World Cup winning coach said. "We knew they'd get men behind the ball and try long hopeful balls up-front."

Can you please tell me what tactic you would like to have seen used in that match please?

I've watched it about 6 times, at least. 

You do us a disservice. The defending was unreal that night, yes they missed a couple of good chances, how many blocks did Ward and O'Shea make? How many times did Christie or McCarthy nick the ball off an opponent when we were under pressure?

Also, our goal wasnt lucky. It was a great strike. Cant find fault with the pass or the goal.

We didnt hit 100 long balls either. Low is a bad loser, that's been seen before. He was whinging, and f**k him. We sent him back to Germany with 0 points, and I can't think of a different way in which we could have achieved that, given the gulf in class between the sides, and the predictions beforehand that we'd do well to keep it to 3-0.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 7:29pm

Can you please tell me what tactic you would like to have seen used in that match please?

You do us a disservice. The defending was unreal that night, yes they missed a couple of good chances, how many blocks did Ward and O'Shea make? How many times did Christie or McCarthy nick the ball off an opponent when we were under pressure?

Also, our goal wasnt lucky. It was a great strike. Cant find fault with the pass or the goal.

We didnt hit 100 long balls either. Low is a bad loser, that's been seen before. He was whinging, and f**k him. We sent him back to Germany with 0 points, and I can't think of a different way in which we could have achieved that, given the gulf in class between the sides, and the predictions beforehand that we'd do well to keep it to 3-0.

Mate seriouslyEmbarrassed

Germany dominated us just as much as the 6-1.  They missed their chances the night we beat them. Some gilt edged.  They could have scored 3 goals in the first 10mins.   They took them in 2012.  That was the difference. Randolph didn't play a pass for the goal. It was a hoof clearance from a backpass with a man chasing him down.
All I see is a change in the bounce of a ball here and there.  The run of good breaks has gone our way for a while now.  I don't know how but it has and hopefully keeps going for us. We will be tanked under MON when we come up against a good side in top form. Belgium who were nowhere near winning Euro 2016 gave us a tanking like we experienced in euro 2012 .  O'Neill has been riding the arse off his luck.   That performance was as bad as anything in 2012. 

Anyway you lads keep bringing up Trap. I'm talking about MON and this is a thread about him.

Edited by Trap junior - 18 Oct 2017 at 7:32pm

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

That Italian 11 would walk in to any Irish team and they were all trying to play for a place in their National team.

None of that Italian team would get into our team. Besides the fact they are all ineligible, they were also crap, every one of them that played in Lille without exception, was absolutely crap. They played that game because their betters having already won them the group, (amazing actually winning a group!!!) were given a few days more rest before beating the then European Champions.

Beating the Italian B side in the last 5 minutes led to wild celebrations. Sadly, we were already on our way home before that next Italy game even took place.
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

That Italian 11 would walk in to any Irish team and they were all trying to play for a place in their National team.

None of that Italian team would get into our team. Besides the fact they are all ineligible, they were also crap, every one of them that played in Lille without exception, was absolutely crap. They played that game because their betters having already won them the group, (amazing actually winning a group!!!) were given a few days more rest before beating the then European Champions.

Beating the Italian B side in the last 5 minutes led to wild celebrations. Sadly, we were already on our way home before that next Italy game even took place.

Honestly believe you are only on here to try and wind people up?

Youre lying if you say none of that starting italian 11 would get into our side. Complete lies.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 8:00pm
I don't wind people up. I tell them the truth and they don't like it. Not my problem.

VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 8:10pm
The sky is blue
Water is wet
Trapjunior hates MON
And planning talks bolloxs

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by trapsringpiece trapsringpiece wrote:

I don't wind people up. I tell them the truth and they don't like it. Not my problem.

Clown
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 8:16pm

Germany battered us 0-1 that night

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 8:17pm
Match Stats Ireland v Germany 2012 v 2015  Stats courtesy of ESPN for both games.  Cant find stats from Uefa or BBC for both games, only one. You will find slight variance in stats depending on which site provides it so wanted to do it from the same website as they will collect the data with the same methods for both games.

Goals:         Ireland  1         Germany  0
Possession:  Ireland  34%  Germany 66%
Shots on goal:   Ireland 5    Germany 16
On Target:       Ireland 2       Germany  7
Corners:         Ireland  2        Germany 11

Goals:              Ireland  1      Germany  6
Possession:     Ireland 30%  Germany 70%
Shots on goal:    Ireland 5     Germany  9
On Target  :           Ireland 3     Germany 6
Corners :               Ireland  3    Germany 6

All I see is the same long ball football, being completely dominated in both games but having the rub of the green in one game and not the other.  In fact in 2015 Germany had 16 shots at goal and only 9 in 2012. In 2012 all their shots that were on target resulted in a goal.  In 2015 they had 7 on target and none resulted in a goal.  The difference that night was Germany were ultra clinical in 2012 and way off form in front of goal in 2015. We attacked the same in 2012 as 2015 both with 5 shots on goal during each game.

Now forgive me all you 'feel good factor ole ole ers; out there but its the same sh*tshow just somehow with a different result.  If we had defended way better in 2015 as claimed the Germans would have had less shots on goal and less on target.  The difference was the quality of their finishing in 2012 v 2015.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 8:22pm
The only stat that matters in football is thr final score.
AKA pedantic kunt
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

The only stat that matters in football is thr final score.

Not if you're a ybigger with an agenda. Unhappy 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

planning is miles (or kilometers) ahead of us all lads. That's just how it is
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 8:30pm
And are prepared to ignore things like the opposition taking strikes from distance and getting infuriated as the game went on, and treating two shots on target the same, even when one goes in and one doesn't, because it doesn't suit your agenda.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 419>
  Share Topic