Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin O'Neill...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151152153154155 419>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by TioPepe TioPepe wrote:

What a fantastic interview Martin O'Neill give Sky.

Instead TOD asking utter f**king nonsense annoying the man.
Clap  `TOD is just another puppet for the arrte
Sponsored Links

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by mandrake mandrake wrote:

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

They say if you rub his belly, you get good luck.
I would suck his cock for this type of luck LOL
I hope your a woman
I can be whatever you want me to be for an away ticket to the play off Wink i wont tell if you dont
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

If we qualify will it confirm MON as our luckiest manager ever?
He's had:
Scotland very unlikely losing in Georgia to open the door for us - Wales and ourselves dropped points out there, they aren't bad
Third place making a play off for the first time - Mick and Jack were also lucky that it wasnt just one qualifying spot by that reasoning. Everyone knew the state of play going into the group, and it was a tough group
Drawing Bosnia in Euro 2016 play off - The second hardest team we could have got if i recall correctly
Drawing Wales as a first seed in the world cup - Fairly lucky but we got Serbia as third seeds
Scotland losing to Slovenia having gone 1-0 up to open the door for us again - Scotland drew. Not that lucky, happens. Slovenia were unbeaten at home. There were many permutations that could have given us something to play for
Gareth Bale missing Wales last vital matches - Again, happens and we have been missing players for lots of our big results
Winning a must win game in Cardiff with our only real chance - not a lucky win, Wales didnt deserve anything
Drawing Denmark in world cup play off - Could have been a lot worse. This is lucky but its no Estonia

Add to that Serbia missing their two best players int he away leg - again, weve missed big players in big games. Our midfield was decimated against Wales at home, Coleman out, four players missing against Germany 2015
Fog in Bosnia to ruin their atmosphere and advantage - Fog is the same for both teams 
Getting Italy reserves in the Euros - LOLLOLLOL
Own goal in Scotlands game with Slovakia in 88th minute - Scotland had been probing all game. Don't hear anyone putting Ciaran Clark's og against Sweden down to 'bad luck' but that cancels it out

You have to laughLOL

Bottom line, if you were so inclined you could make such a list of almost any manager who has gotten similar breaks. The fact that every team hasn't had every single player fit and hasnt played to absolute top form isn't luck, it's football. We've had the same and nobody calls us unlucky. 

We've had a few things go our way but its not like we've had supernatural luck. 

50/50 call goes against us for an Austria winner
Our best player gets a broken leg
insane amount of injuries before Wales home
Rarely having a full complement of players to choose from
Never a penalty in Belgrade
I could go on but point is, nobody is that lucky.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 17 Oct 2017 at 4:42pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
BriMurt View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriMurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 5:14pm
In football, if you lose, you're a c**t, and if you win, you're brilliant. Doesn't matter in the slightest how those are achieved. Let's see what we're calling him come 10 PM or so, 14th Nov. 
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by TioPepe TioPepe wrote:

What a fantastic interview Martin O'Neill give Sky.

Instead TOD asking utter f**king nonsense annoying the man.

'Wes this Wes that ....Wes Wes Wes'
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:52pm
Luck my bollix. We knew 3rd place in the last campaign would get us a play-off before we started, we came 3rd in a tough group beating top seeds. Scotland slipping up in Georgia is not 'luck', nor is getting Bosnia in the play-offs. Were Bosnia worse than Hungary, Sweden and Ukraine?

Italy B team my hole. That Italian 11 would walk in to any Irish team and they were all trying to play for a place in their National team. We've always done well against Italy.

If you want to talk about luck in this campaign, I fail to see where we got lucky with the injuries we've had throughout this campaign, how Bale stayed on the pitch in Lansdowne, how Serbia got that penalty in Belgrade and how the ref disallowed that goal v Austria.

Results go our way, MON is lucky. They don't go our way, he's sh1te! Does my head in!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Luck my bollix. We knew 3rd place in the last campaign would get us a play-off before we started, we came 3rd in a tough group beating top seeds. Scotland slipping up in Georgia is not 'luck', nor is getting Bosnia in the play-offs. Were Bosnia worse than Hungary, Sweden and Ukraine?

Italy B team my hole. That Italian 11 would walk in to any Irish team and they were all trying to play for a place in their National team. We've always done well against Italy.

If you want to talk about luck in this campaign, I fail to see where we got lucky with the injuries we've had throughout this campaign, how Bale stayed on the pitch in Lansdowne, how Serbia got that penalty in Belgrade and how the ref disallowed that goal v Austria.

Results go our way, MON is lucky. They don't go our way, he's sh1te! Does my head in!

Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 10:46pm

Brilliant post
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:06pm

Lenny the Celtic fan in standing up for MON shockerShocked

Your point about knowing 3rd was good enough for a playoff.  So he had given up on automatic qualification before a ball was kicked? So you are saying MON played a blinder?  He gifted 3rd to Scotland but somehow knew they would blow it and it was all part of his masterplan just to give us a fright and make it interesting.

Same this time no doubt. decided automatic qualification was a bit boring and wanted to make things a bit spicy so decided to tease wales for a while then BAM!   He KNEW Scotland would win one game and lose another and KNEW we would beat Wales. It was all part of the plan all along.

I wish I knew when bizarre pieces of luck would fall my way.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:20pm

Well said. Bonucci and Barzagli were not B team players but who cares about that if you hate MON.

All our Christmasses came at once getting MON and Roy Keane in. Will take more time for that fact to settle with some people.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:25pm
The church have replaced St. Christopher with MON as the patron saint of good luck.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:33pm
I would rather have a general who was lucky than one who was good. Napoleon Bonaparte.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:34pm

Lenny the Celtic fan in standing up for MON shockerShocked

Your point about knowing 3rd was good enough for a playoff.  So he had given up on automatic qualification before a ball was kicked? So you are saying MON played a blinder?  He gifted 3rd to Scotland but somehow knew they would blow it and it was all part of his masterplan just to give us a fright and make it interesting.

Same this time no doubt. decided automatic qualification was a bit boring and wanted to make things a bit spicy so decided to tease wales for a while then BAM!   He KNEW Scotland would win one game and lose another and KNEW we would beat Wales. It was all part of the plan all along.

I wish I knew when bizarre pieces of luck would fall my way.

Not a Celtic fan! And, luck fell your way when you were born Irish!
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:35pm

The church have replaced St. Christopher with MON as the patron saint of good luck.

The church have announced Trapattoni as the patron saint of ineptitude. And announced his son, Trap Junior as the patron saint of bitterness.

"Forgive them father, for they know not what they do".
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:35pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

The church have announced Trapattoni as the patron saint of ineptitude. And announced his son, Trap Junior as the patron saint of bitterness.

"Forgive them father, for they know not what they do".

And you are St.Nicholas the patron saint of all our Christmases coming at once and emptying his sack at MONROYSLOL

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:42pm
Ffs
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I would rather have a general who was lucky than one who was good. Napoleon Bonaparte.

I would rather have a general who attempts to play the game of football underneath the stratosphere - Trap Junior

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151152153154155 419>
  Share Topic