You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UPC Horizon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 3:17pm
He must have movies and sky sports HD.

My sports would be something similar.

I bought the sports pack after finding I was spending a similar monthly amount on beer in the pub watching United games and it worked out cheaper, especially as I only pay half the bill.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 4:48pm
Just got eircom e-fibre installed got an 18 month staff offer for €33 a month. Got a satellite for the tv one off €300 bill.

Chromecast for movies, I get sky sports for €6 a moth to my phone, so next step is figuring out how to get that to play through chromecast onto the tv.

so bills are €39 a month. Split two ways.

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Just did a speed test: 95 Mbps. It's more than fast enough to stream 1080p stuff without difficulty.

I'll probably cancel the sports when the contract is up, tbh. It costs too much, especially during the summer when it isn't used.

Sports for me was 65 out of the 139 per month. Crrrrrrazy!

My uncle pays them 180 a month ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

lads when ye have that speed BB a android box is a great way to go.Pick one up for as little as €25 upto €150 and you will get all movie/sports.
Its obviously not as user friendly as a STB box but for the savings its well worth.Can always keep minimum TV package for  handiness or get a dodgy box.

What the hell is paying €180 on?

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 8:59pm
Best thing I ever did was get rid of UPC for the telly box. Have Saorview and FreeSat now and along with my Apple TV it provides everything I need telly wise for free. Still use them for BB but once something comparable comes along, i'll be gone completely from their evil clutches.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Best thing I ever did was get rid of UPC for the telly box. Have Saorview and FreeSat now and along with my Apple TV it provides everything I need telly wise for free. Still use them for BB but once something comparable comes along, i'll be gone completely from their evil clutches.

I bought a STB last week that has streaming(XBMC) FreeSat and Saorview all built in.Can also be set up for dodgy Sky .Great buy Clap
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 9:20pm
What's an Android box?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

What's an Android box?
Bit like a human one Has no hair on it but is prone to rust

Edited by DUBLIN DOC - 19 Jun 2015 at 9:47pm
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 1:30pm

What's an Android box?

It's what Denis Erwin tries to get into every weekend at the local Discobot
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

What's an Android box?

LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

What's an Android box?

LOL

LOL

heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 10:56pm
Finally getting out of our contract with these utter bastards. sh*t service, sh*t technology and even sh*ttier customer relations. Anyway, long story short, we were all paid up until today which is when the contract ends. 6pm last Friday, on a new years fookin day of all days, the coonts cut us off. TV and internet. Having managed to get hold of an engineer on the phone, he said that he could see that we were fully paid til today but couldn't (or wouldn't?) turn us back on. He wouldn't give his name when asked and said that he could see that the 'customer loyalty section' had instructed it to be turned off. Has anyone heard the f**king likes of it?! Missed all the football, UFC, darts and movies over the weekend and could only send emails through my phone, which isn't ideal as I own an ecommerce business.

Shower of absolute scum. Who even gets the blame, UPC or Branson?? Felt like heading over to East Point business park to stab a random employee in the neck with a pen. Yes, I did just write that last sentence.

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2016 at 3:33am
If the contract ended today and you were cut off new years day you should get compensated, that's absolute bullsh*t what happened. I thought they relocated because anytime i ring them now i'm talking to someone from the Philippines.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2016 at 9:01am
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Finally getting out of our contract with these utter bastards. sh*t service, sh*t technology and even sh*ttier customer relations. Anyway, long story short, we were all paid up until today which is when the contract ends. 6pm last Friday, on a new years fookin day of all days, the coonts cut us off. TV and internet. Having managed to get hold of an engineer on the phone, he said that he could see that we were fully paid til today but couldn't (or wouldn't?) turn us back on. He wouldn't give his name when asked and said that he could see that the 'customer loyalty section' had instructed it to be turned off. Has anyone heard the f**king likes of it?! Missed all the football, UFC, darts and movies over the weekend and could only send emails through my phone, which isn't ideal as I own an ecommerce business.

Shower of absolute scum. Who even gets the blame, UPC or Branson?? Felt like heading over to East Point business park to stab a random employee in the neck with a pen. Yes, I did just write that last sentence.

****s of the highest order. I cancelled my contract providing the required 30 days notice upon them changing their T&C's around this time last year. As such, I was entitled to terminate my contract with no penalty as they changed the T&Cs. Despite this, and receiving assurances on the phone, my next bill bore a €200 penalty for breaking the contract. I immediately cancelled the direct debit so even when the went to collect the few quid that was owed they didn't get it. Let them chase me for a while and see how they like it. Eventually I paid the last few quid owed less the €200 charge. 

What pissed me off the most was that in Dec 2014 they rang me, offered my then current package for less if I signed up again for another 12 months. My contract was due to expire anyway so I thought that they just wanted to tie me down and were willing to offer a few quid off to retain me so I re-signed verbally. Then in Jan, a month later, I received the new T&Cs incl a price rise which would have resulted n my new bill dwarfing the previous subscription even prior to the little reduction they did give to get me to re-sign. I repeat, ****s of the highest order.

Edited by Sham157 - 05 Jan 2016 at 9:06am
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2016 at 9:50am
It's hard to put into words what I think of this company. It is also a remarkable achievement by Virgin to actually worsen what I thought was already the poorest possible service provider experience imaginable. I really wish someone else had decent broadband as I would drop them in a heartbeat.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2016 at 1:48pm
The wifi signal is poor from Horizon.  My phone doesn't pick up the signal well and it doesn't work upstairs.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2016 at 2:10pm
How do you know it's not your phone?

You could manually try and chance the channel or frequency. If you have rock-wool insulation the signal will not travel correctly and will reduce the signal.

I bought the following to resolve a similar issue - Belkin N300 WiFi Range Extender.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2016 at 2:21pm
Nah, once they swapped the horizon box over for the original wifi router, I couldn't get any signal upstairs either. The horizon box is an absolute pile of sh*te. Doesn't even tell you when your storage is full so happily deletes your recordings for the few days it takes until you clock that they're disappearing.
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2016 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

How do you know it's not your phone?

You could manually try and chance the channel or frequency. If you have rock-wool insulation the signal will not travel correctly and will reduce the signal.

I bought the following to resolve a similar issue - Belkin N300 WiFi Range Extender.

Well I presume it's not my phone as it's generally ok when logging onto other wifi networks in cafes and restaurants etc..

What does changing the frequency do?

Edited by Trap junior - 05 Jan 2016 at 2:22pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
  Share Topic