You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UPC Horizon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

What's an Android box?
Bit like a human one Has no hair on it but is prone to rust

Edited by DUBLIN DOC - 19 Jun 2015 at 9:47pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 9:20pm
What's an Android box?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Best thing I ever did was get rid of UPC for the telly box. Have Saorview and FreeSat now and along with my Apple TV it provides everything I need telly wise for free. Still use them for BB but once something comparable comes along, i'll be gone completely from their evil clutches.

I bought a STB last week that has streaming(XBMC) FreeSat and Saorview all built in.Can also be set up for dodgy Sky .Great buy Clap
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 8:59pm
Best thing I ever did was get rid of UPC for the telly box. Have Saorview and FreeSat now and along with my Apple TV it provides everything I need telly wise for free. Still use them for BB but once something comparable comes along, i'll be gone completely from their evil clutches.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Just did a speed test: 95 Mbps. It's more than fast enough to stream 1080p stuff without difficulty.

I'll probably cancel the sports when the contract is up, tbh. It costs too much, especially during the summer when it isn't used.

Sports for me was 65 out of the 139 per month. Crrrrrrazy!

My uncle pays them 180 a month ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

lads when ye have that speed BB a android box is a great way to go.Pick one up for as little as €25 upto €150 and you will get all movie/sports.
Its obviously not as user friendly as a STB box but for the savings its well worth.Can always keep minimum TV package for  handiness or get a dodgy box.

What the hell is paying €180 on?

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 4:48pm
Just got eircom e-fibre installed got an 18 month staff offer for €33 a month. Got a satellite for the tv one off €300 bill.

Chromecast for movies, I get sky sports for €6 a moth to my phone, so next step is figuring out how to get that to play through chromecast onto the tv.

so bills are €39 a month. Split two ways.

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 3:17pm
He must have movies and sky sports HD.

My sports would be something similar.

I bought the sports pack after finding I was spending a similar monthly amount on beer in the pub watching United games and it worked out cheaper, especially as I only pay half the bill.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 2:45pm

Just did a speed test: 95 Mbps. It's more than fast enough to stream 1080p stuff without difficulty.

I'll probably cancel the sports when the contract is up, tbh. It costs too much, especially during the summer when it isn't used.

Sports for me was 65 out of the 139 per month. Crrrrrrazy!

My uncle pays them 180 a month ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 2:10pm

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 2:06pm
Holy f**k €139 is crazy money to be paying.UPC broadband is class but their TV service is crap.What speeds are ye getting on their BB?
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 1:56pm
Don't understand why people pay for tv these days. Netflix, streaming plus download everything is all you need
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 1:39pm
Jesus that's serious cash. I was paying 34 euro for 12 months for phone broadband and TV. Could not justify the spend on sky sports etc.   

After 12 months of 34 euro and then to 80 I gave them the I am leaving stuff and they reduced it back down from 80 euro to 40.
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 1:39pm

Mine is going to be something similar in a couple of months. Pity I'm still in contract for another six months. €200 cancellation fee, so f**k that.

I must have a very similar package to you: horizon, fast internet, two boxes, sky sports, bt sports, setanta, no movies.

Yep, thats the one.
AS YOU WERE McGx

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 1:38pm
Yeah i was out of contract so ball was in my court.
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 1:37pm
Mine is going to be something similar in a couple of months. Pity I'm still in contract for another six months. €200 cancellation fee, so f**k that.

I must have a very similar package to you: horizon, fast internet, two boxes, sky sports, bt sports, setanta, no movies.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 19 Jun 2015 at 1:38pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 1:36pm
Bill crept up to 139 per month. Included Horizon, BT, Sky, home phone etc. etc. but ridiculous nonetheless.

Got onto Sky and got a quote for similar package and used it as bargaining chip when ringing to cancel UPC. 

Down to €91 a month with immediate effect.

Edited by McG - 19 Jun 2015 at 1:36pm
AS YOU WERE McGx

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 6:58pm
The program description is font size 4 and is near impossible to read.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 6:53pm
I have Horizon about 2 months now. I despised it at first but coming round to liking it a bit more.

Negatives: The reminder function is horrendous. Doesnt autotune like he old box so if you happen not to see the tiny reminder you will miss your programme.
The remote response time isnt the best. You also have to wait for preview windows to load before allow you to change channel. This can take up to 2 seconds per channel. The date, time and time remaining of a programme is too small and not adequate. The menu is poorly designed. The menu doesnt tell you whats on now and next without having to press additional buttons which is a pain. Sometimes recorded programmes are recorded without sound. Pain in the hole.

Positives: The box looks nicer than the sky one and the menu looks much better and more modern but its not nearly as functional. The preview windows are good for hav8ng a glimpse whats on other channels without having to switch over. I particularly like the Favourites mose which allows you to arrange all your favourite channels in the order you want and renumber them. I have 40 channels numbered 1-40. This saves having to press random numbers like 134 to find UK Gold for example. I habe it on channel 20. This saves having to flick through all the dross channels like God TV or Shopping Channels etc.. My channels are all the ones I want and no sh*te ones. UPC released this without fixing many issues. It was not ready for use imo. However if they sorted out the issues I mentioned it would be better than sky. I have all the channels including sky sports in HD and imo it looks better than Sky HD. Only downside is the lack of red button feature.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic