You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryanair Question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 11:13pm
Flying to ibiza in august but when my friend was putting in my name he spelt it wrong by leaving out one letter. Will this make any difference and if i was to ring ryanair and get the name fixed would it cost anything?
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
MasterOfApples View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterOfApples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

Flying to ibiza in august but when my friend was putting in my name he spelt it wrong by leaving out one letter. Will this make any difference and if i was to ring ryanair and get the name fixed would it cost anything?

None. My name was out by three letters before and it wasn't an issue. I went up to the customer service desk in Dublin airport, explained me situation to the Ryanair agent and he told me it was fine. He even put an special sticker and note on my boarding passes in case someone tried to pull me up on it when I was boarding.

Be warned that the new automatic seat allocation that they have now is a complete nightmare. Boarding takes twice as long as it used to. Some people seem to find the row and seat layout remarkably complicated for some strange reason.

Edited by MasterOfApples - 21 May 2014 at 11:49pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 11:53pm
Aye, don't bother ringing them to change it, it'll cost a fortune. They are now happy clappy ryanair and won't be arsey about it. They weren't even that bad before. As long as you aren't changing Sean O'Shaughnessy to William Wilson, you'll be grand.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 8:04am
You can change it free within 24 hours of booking
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 8:45am
If you use a PDF editor you can change the name and they'll only pick up on it if they scan it, check the computer screen and then your passport (which they never do). 
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 6:53pm
Sound Thumbs Up
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 2:45pm
How much does it cost to change a name on Ryanair for October anyone know??
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 3:09pm
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 4:03pm
Cheers Thumbs Up
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Ballycastle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballycastle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 11:50pm
Alright lads just wondering do you still need to check in online for flights as I've payed to check in a bag aswell so do you just print out your boarding card as usual or because I'm checking a bag in can you just do it at the Ryanair desk?
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Ballycastle Ballycastle wrote:

Alright lads just wondering do you still need to check in online for flights as I've payed to check in a bag aswell so do you just print out your boarding card as usual or because I'm checking a bag in can you just do it at the Ryanair desk?

They charge you to check in at the counter i think, safer doing it online LOL
Ballycastle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballycastle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Originally posted by Ballycastle Ballycastle wrote:

They charge you to check in at the counter i think, safer doing it online LOL

Yes I know that but maybe it was a stupid question because I've never had to check in a bag with Ryanair before thought if you where checking a bag you maybe just got a boarding card at the counter? Anyway off to the thick thread for me
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 11:56pm
Check in online and then just bring your bag to the drop off desk.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 1:00pm
On the topic of Ryanair....

Flight left Dublin on time Sunday (6pm) and i didn't get home until 10.30am yesterday.
It was rerouted to Frankfurt Hahn. 
Has anyone experience of claiming against such delays ?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 1:16pm
Why were you re-routed? They have certain obligations depending on the reasons. If it was mechanical, they definitely do. If it was because of illness on board or something, maybe not.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 1:27pm
Bit of research. Ryanair had an obligation to provide you with the following:
meals and refreshments (in reasonable relation to the waiting time);
hotel accommodation (where an overnight stay becomes necessary);
transport between the airport and the hotel (where necessary); and
2 telephone calls/ faxes/ emails.

You should keep receipts if you had to pay for any of that yourself. The flight distance is less than 1,500km so you are entitled to €250 additional accommodation. However, if the circumstances leading to the rerouting were "extraordinary" they do not have to pay compensation. However, they DO still have to pay the other expenses. Extraordinary circumstances must be three things: unpredictable, unavoidable and external. So if it was a Ryanair event, they also owe you €250 compensation on top of the expenses incurred by you. Have a look at this list: http://ec.europa.eu/transport/themes/passengers/air/doc/neb-extraordinary-circumstances-list.pdf.

Also see here http://www.flightrights.ie/passenger-rights/long-flight-delays.20.html.

You can also contact the Commission for Aviation Regulation, see here: http://ec.europa.eu/transport/themes/passengers/air/doc/2004_261_national_enforcement_bodies.pdf
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 1:40pm
SD44
Many thanks for the links will check them.
The plane couldn't land because of weather. Circled for over an hr. Then diverted to Frankfurt Hahn which is a handy 120km from DB at Frankfurt am Main. They kept us on the plane for another hr to see if we could be flown back to Memmingen. It was 11.30pm by the time we got off. They said coaches were on the way. Arrived at 2am and then the driver needed a break of an additional hr (because of the length he was driving). It was surreal at times seeing people heading to work in their cars and me still trying to get home.
I only had a coffee or so so no real expense at Hahn apart from my time.
Needlesstoday there was nobody from Ryanair involved in any of the process once we disembarked - neither organsing the transport, meeting the 3 coaches when they arrived in Memmingen etc.
Thankfully the car park didn't charge for the additional parking time.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 1:40pm
It is over 400km from Hahn back to Memmingen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic