Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=45519
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 5:24am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Ryanair Question
Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Subject: Ryanair Question
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 9:57pm
Lads/lassies, quick query, I have to wait till the morning to ring them but yiz might know the answer tonight..........

Booked a Ryanair flight a few weeks back, going next weekend, occurred to Mrs FW that the name on her passport is her previous name but I booked the flight in her married name.

Will the fookers charge us for this or what will they insist we do?

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Replies:
Posted By: brianie
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 9:59pm
Print out the Boarding Passes and just go through, they never check in my experienceThumbs Up

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

Print out the Boarding Passes and just go through, they never check in my experienceThumbs Up

It's taking a chance but did it when i put wrong name down for a relative and was grand.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 10:02pm
I have a feeling you wouldn't be charged as you are not changing person just the spelling. Knowing Ryanair anything is possible though.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 10:04pm
A certain member on here booked a flight with them from Cork to Dublin.  Put in a wring digit in the passport number and the lad was left with a day long bus journey back to Derry! 

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 10:08pm
Not sure me Mrs will be into taking the risk, I'll ring the fookers in the morning and see what they say.  If they're going charging for it, I'll accidentally get cut off before I give them the details, then I'll take the chance. Thumbs Up

Thanks fellas.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: Mick O'Leary
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 10:17pm
What's your name and flight details and maybe I can charge you, eh I mean help you out.

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Mick O'Leary Mick O'Leary wrote:

What's your name and flight details and maybe I can charge you, eh I mean help you out.

-------------

Posted By: HateHenry
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 10:32pm
Bring her birth cert,( former marriage cert?)

-------------
Polska Bialo Czerwoni

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 10:34pm
Yeah good call HH

-------------

Posted By: eire32
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 10:54pm
booked a fight with the spelling molly (should be molloy) before and waz grand

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Mick O'Leary Mick O'Leary wrote:

LOL

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by eire32 eire32 wrote:

booked a fight with the spelling molly (should be molloy) before and waz grand

Fookin mollys on the brain you have. 

-------------

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 11:20pm
Sure he was seen burning a kerry flag after the final whistle and belting out Molly Malone

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Sure he was seen burning a kerry flag after the final whistle and belting out Molly Malone

The first part I'd partly believe, the 2nd not in a million years. LOL

-------------

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

The first part I'd partly believe, the 2nd not in a million years. LOL
LOL

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 8:42am
say nothing til ye hear more

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 9:48am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

A certain member on here booked a flight with them from Cork to Dublin.  Put in a wring digit in the passport number and the lad was left with a day long bus journey back to Derry! 
How did this happen when the passport number is not on the boarding pass? 

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 9:51am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

This was a few years ago so maybe it was back then. Either that or its on a manifest.

Was funny as fook. We're all on the plane and yer man gets knocked back. We're pissing ourselves laughing all the way through the safety demo and yer wan was threatening to put us all off.

The lad that booked it still gets awful grief for it.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 9:54am

This was a few years ago so maybe it was back then. Either that or its on a manifest.

Was funny as fook. We're all on the plane and yer man gets knocked back. We're pissing ourselves laughing all the way through the safety demo and yer wan was threatening to put us all off.

doesnt sound right... you sure you lot werent shounting and being generally angry

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 9:59am
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

doesnt sound right... you sure you lot werent shounting and being generally angry

Nope, being relatively civilised until yer man got refused boarding. Why ye'd need a passport no for an internal flight is madness anyway but I assure ye, it happened. It was brendy_eire from here that did the booking - it was even brought up at the mans wedding this weekend. The Derry city players did a video message for him and a few brought up whats now known as 'The Cork Thing'

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 10:01am
FFS  LOL

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 10:07am
the numbers used to be on the old ryanair boarding passes alright , not there any more

didnt realise brendy was a pal of yours AM , met him in stockholm

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 10:09am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

the numbers used to be on the old ryanair boarding passes alright , not there any more

didnt realise brendy was a pal of yours AM , met him in stockholm

Aye, fraid so. I hope it didn't ruin your trip Tongue

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Posted By: hulkhogan
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 10:11am
happened to me going to Barcelona before, only realised the day before so rang them and they changed it for freeClap

-------------
Whacha gonna do

Posted By: MJD
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 11:14am

A lad I know was going to Australia this year (obv not with Ryanair) and the airline he booked with had spelt his name wrong when he booked over the phone. He called to have it changed a couple of weeks before he left but they were trying to charge him for a whole new flight! He ended up changing his name by deed poll and getting a new passport as it was cheaper LOL

As has been said, they don't really check in detail but you never know, and I wouldn't take the risk myself.

-------------
17 International Caps
16 International Goals
COYFIG

Posted By: houghton88
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 11:50am
I did this aswell a year ago. Booked in her married name but passport was in Maiden name. We were told to go to the Ryanair check in desk before the flight and bring the marriage cert. They sorted it there and then no charge. 

-------------
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 11:55am

say nothing til ye hear more

The advice to all of life's little problems

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by houghton88 houghton88 wrote:

I did this aswell a year ago. Booked in her married name but passport was in Maiden name. We were told to go to the Ryanair check in desk before the flight and bring the marriage cert. They sorted it there and then no charge. 

Thanks, wary however of printing boarding pass in her married name yet, can't get through to the poxy phone number all day. Angry

-------------

Posted By: ShayGivensBum
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 3:08pm

Originally posted by houghton88 houghton88 wrote:

Thanks, wary however of printing boarding pass in her married name yet, can't get through to the poxy phone number all day. Angry

I just called them there and got straight through. they are very unhelpful.

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 5:53pm
Got thru, 10 yoyos to change a Jaysus name.

-------------

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 7:13pm

You got off light FW.....if it was my airline I would have made you book/pay for another flight....nothing personal, just a business opportunity

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 7:38pm

you got off light...although you probably spent more while on the phone to them.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 7:54pm

you got off light...although you probably spent more while on the phone to them.

Yeah 3 yoyos per min, probably took 5-6 mins, anyhow done and dusted, ta for the advice, good,bad or ridiculous.

-------------

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2013 at 9:19am
Flying with these over next few days for the Austria game. For the hand luggage the dimensions are suitcase size 55x40x20. Now I'm not bringing a suitcase type of bag. I'm bringing a school bag, it's still going to be under the 10kg. Would this be a problem and what types of obags do other people bring on board.

Posted By: keitho5
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2013 at 9:30am
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Flying with these over next few days for the Austria game. For the hand luggage the dimensions are suitcase size 55x40x20. Now I'm not bringing a suitcase type of bag. I'm bringing a school bag, it's still going to be under the 10kg. Would this be a problem and what types of obags do other people bring on board.

Ive never had hand luggage weighed so i wonuldnt worry about that, the size does matter tho. School bag be grand ya might get asked to stick it in the little bag checking yokey, but a school bag should get in and out of that no bother.

-------------
Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......

Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2013 at 9:30am
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

has to be rectangular in shape that's all

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2013 at 9:38am
Thanks people . First time flying without a checked in bag , don't fancy getting stung for €60.

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 10:24am
Ryanair going to be allocating seating from the 1st February next year

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 10:34am
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

thats actually a pain , i bet you will have to pay to sit beside your mates/relatives

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 10:36am
Will be same as aer lingus id say, 30 hours before you can pick

Posted By: The E
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 10:37am
Just last week O'Leary said there would be zero chance of this happening. Strange that they're going ahead with it.

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:04am

thats actually a pain , i bet you will have to pay to sit beside your mates/relatives

true enough. The non allocated seating was a great excuse not to sit beside folk you were traveling with. Hanging back to the end and then saying 'ah jaysus looks like we'll have to sit separately' only to be delighted inside as you really didn't want to spend the flight time listening to them talk sh*te and would much rather get a bit of shut eye.

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:04am

I'm pretty sure your mates/relatives would gladly pay double to sit somewhere else Wink

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Posted By: Hoosay
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 2:20pm
They already do it, on some routes. I flew London to Wroclaw for work with them and you could choose your seat (you had to pay for it obviously, it's Ryanair) 
Don't know if that's a pilot or what.

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Hoosay Hoosay wrote:

They already do it, on some routes. I flew London to Wroclaw for work with them and you could choose your seat (you had to pay for it obviously, it's Ryanair) 

Fairly sure the pilots seat is assigned. Could be a bit risky otherwise.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Posted By: Hoosay
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 2:33pm

Originally posted by Hoosay Hoosay wrote:

Fairly sure the pilots seat is assigned. Could be a bit risky otherwise.

http://www.hiyoooo.com/" rel="nofollow - http://www.hiyoooo.com/

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 5:41pm

true enough. The non allocated seating was a great excuse not to sit beside folk you were traveling with. Hanging back to the end and then saying 'ah jaysus looks like we'll have to sit separately' only to be delighted inside as you really didn't want to spend the flight time listening to them talk sh*te and would much rather get a bit of shut eye.
very true!

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

very true!

guess im sitting by myself on friCry

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 10:18pm

My brother booked return flights with this lot in 3 weeks time. He wants to change his flight coming back to an earlier flight if it suits him better. Is it possible to change just the return journey? I wouldn't think so. If he could , anyone know how much it would cost?

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

My brother booked return flights with this lot in 3 weeks time. He wants to change his flight coming back to an earlier flight if it suits him better. Is it possible to change just the return journey? I wouldn't think so. If he could , anyone know how much it would cost?

I reckon it should be possible, never tried meself, but Ryanair is a point to point airline, so in effect it is 2 seperate flights anyway. Can't see why they wouldn't change it (probably for a fee greater than booking another flight, but that's another matter)

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 10:52pm
Thanks Deise. Will tell him to check it out so

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2013 at 10:22am
Have they changed their flight times from the UK to Dublin?

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2013 at 3:24pm
he'd more than likey have to pay the fare difference unless they feel like being sound

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2013 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

he'd more than likey have to pay the fare difference unless they feel like being sound
He's going to look into it the weekend Thumbs Up

Posted By: londonirish
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 9:18am
finally they've sorted out their website!!!

...and changed the time of my flight home at Christmas Angry

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 11:20am
Originally posted by londonirish londonirish wrote:

finally they've sorted out their website!!!

...and changed the time of my flight home at Christmas Angry

They stop very early on christmas eve. Think the last one out of stanstead was 1 in the afternoon.
Had to get an aer lingus from heathrow at 7 myself. £100 one way Cry

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 11:52pm
Waited 7  hours in the airport tonight,fog, mayhem, lots of angry people and my flight was cancelled Angry  146 people booked on that flight from Salzburg to Dublin,only 40 will take the remaining seats on tomorrow evenings flight,luckily i am one of them,as i made it to the desk at the right time, met loads of old folks and people on crutches after skiing accidents who couldn't make it to the Ryanair desk to re book on time,probably more  pissed off i had to leave the stadium early to witness the finale of Salzburg thrashing Bayern Munich though.

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 4:28am
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Waited 7  hours in the airport tonight,fog, mayhem, lots of angry people and my flight was cancelled Angry  146 people booked on that flight from Salzburg to Dublin,only 40 will take the remaining seats on tomorrow evenings flight,luckily i am one of them,as i made it to the desk at the right time, met loads of old folks and people on crutches after skiing accidents who couldn't make it to the Ryanair desk to re book on time,probably more  pissed off i had to leave the stadium early to witness the finale of Salzburg thrashing Bayern Munich though.

heard about thus from a mate whose parents had to get to munich as werent able t get on the new flight, pure chaos apparently, lucky you got a seat

Posted By: kimbap
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 8:21pm
Anyone know roughly how much to change a flight?

Have a fight to Tenerife on mon but want to put it off for a month or so.

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

just log into your booking and check?

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 8:54pm

I might sound like an idiot here but i looked into manage my booking to see how much it would cost.I didnt continue as it seemed to want me to enter details that would actually change the flight rather than check how much it would cost,if ya know what i mean.

Not 100% i'll be changing it until tomorrow.

Not used to Ryanair so not sure what im at,i see they have a call centre now so might call them in the morning.

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 9:16pm

I might sound like an idiot here but i looked into manage my booking to see how much it would cost.I didnt continue as it seemed to want me to enter details that would actually change the flight rather than check how much it would cost,if ya know what i mean.

Not used to Ryanair so not sure what im at,i see they have a call centre now so might call them in the morning.
http://www.ryanair.com/ie/terms-and-conditions#regulations-tableoffees" rel="nofollow - http://www.ryanair.com/ie/terms-and-conditions#regulations-tableoffees  

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 9:25pm
€40 plus fare difference. Given that the flight price is going to be more than €40, probably better to change it rather than booking a new one..... if the flight is less than €40, book a new one entirely.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 9:26pm
Sorry, €50 on canary island flights.... still probably better.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 9:32pm

http://www.ryanair.com/ie/terms-and-conditions#regulations-tableoffees" rel="nofollow - http://www.ryanair.com/ie/terms-and-conditions#regulations-tableoffees  

Thumbs Up  Thanks for that,

Should be under 100e by my reckoning.

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 9:52pm
sure ya don't pay til ya click 'pay now', costs nothing to check

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 10:01pm

sure ya don't pay til ya click 'pay now', costs nothing to check

Cheers,
Just did that now.160e to change the flights,same price as getting new ones at the time i was looking to change.Cry

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 10:10pm
might be worth chatting to them online, they have 'Ryanair experts' now you can chat to online, make something up about an emergency meaning you can't go for a while and see what they say

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 10:16pm
Thanks for that,

They have  a phone number now and they're restyling themselves as a helpful and friendly airline now so might give that a go.

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 10:18pm
just be careful of the charges on it but nothing to lose

Posted By: Trap for Pope
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 10:33pm
Deffo ring. I was being charged 180 online to change before. Got chatting to a lad in their office (india somewhere) and he did it for free

-------------
Living for Away days

Posted By: Doyler1993
Date Posted: 21 May 2014 at 11:13pm
Flying to ibiza in august but when my friend was putting in my name he spelt it wrong by leaving out one letter. Will this make any difference and if i was to ring ryanair and get the name fixed would it cost anything?

-------------
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE

Posted By: MasterOfApples
Date Posted: 21 May 2014 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

Flying to ibiza in august but when my friend was putting in my name he spelt it wrong by leaving out one letter. Will this make any difference and if i was to ring ryanair and get the name fixed would it cost anything?

None. My name was out by three letters before and it wasn't an issue. I went up to the customer service desk in Dublin airport, explained me situation to the Ryanair agent and he told me it was fine. He even put an special sticker and note on my boarding passes in case someone tried to pull me up on it when I was boarding.

Be warned that the new automatic seat allocation that they have now is a complete nightmare. Boarding takes twice as long as it used to. Some people seem to find the row and seat layout remarkably complicated for some strange reason.

Date Posted: 21 May 2014 at 11:53pm
Aye, don't bother ringing them to change it, it'll cost a fortune. They are now happy clappy ryanair and won't be arsey about it. They weren't even that bad before. As long as you aren't changing Sean O'Shaughnessy to William Wilson, you'll be grand.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 May 2014 at 8:04am
You can change it free within 24 hours of booking

Posted By: irish_goat
Date Posted: 22 May 2014 at 8:45am
If you use a PDF editor you can change the name and they'll only pick up on it if they scan it, check the computer screen and then your passport (which they never do). 

Posted By: Doyler1993
Date Posted: 22 May 2014 at 6:53pm
Sound Thumbs Up

-------------
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 2:45pm
How much does it cost to change a name on Ryanair for October anyone know??

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 3:09pm
30 euro https://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-and-conditions/tableofoptionalfees-tableoffees/" rel="nofollow - https://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-and-conditions/tableofoptionalfees-tableoffees/

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 4:03pm
Cheers Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: Ballycastle
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 11:50pm
Alright lads just wondering do you still need to check in online for flights as I've payed to check in a bag aswell so do you just print out your boarding card as usual or because I'm checking a bag in can you just do it at the Ryanair desk?

Posted By: SByrne24
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Ballycastle Ballycastle wrote:

Alright lads just wondering do you still need to check in online for flights as I've payed to check in a bag aswell so do you just print out your boarding card as usual or because I'm checking a bag in can you just do it at the Ryanair desk?

They charge you to check in at the counter i think, safer doing it online LOL

Posted By: Ballycastle
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Originally posted by Ballycastle Ballycastle wrote:

They charge you to check in at the counter i think, safer doing it online LOL

Yes I know that but maybe it was a stupid question because I've never had to check in a bag with Ryanair before thought if you where checking a bag you maybe just got a boarding card at the counter? Anyway off to the thick thread for me

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 11:56pm
Check in online and then just bring your bag to the drop off desk.

Posted By: BohsinMunich
Date Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 1:00pm
On the topic of Ryanair....

Flight left Dublin on time Sunday (6pm) and i didn't get home until 10.30am yesterday.
It was rerouted to Frankfurt Hahn. 
Has anyone experience of claiming against such delays ?

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 1:16pm
Why were you re-routed? They have certain obligations depending on the reasons. If it was mechanical, they definitely do. If it was because of illness on board or something, maybe not.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 1:27pm
Bit of research. Ryanair had an obligation to provide you with the following:
meals and refreshments (in reasonable relation to the waiting time);
hotel accommodation (where an overnight stay becomes necessary);
transport between the airport and the hotel (where necessary); and
2 telephone calls/ faxes/ emails.

You should keep receipts if you had to pay for any of that yourself. The flight distance is less than 1,500km so you are entitled to €250 additional accommodation. However, if the circumstances leading to the rerouting were "extraordinary" they do not have to pay compensation. However, they DO still have to pay the other expenses. Extraordinary circumstances must be three things: unpredictable, unavoidable and external. So if it was a Ryanair event, they also owe you €250 compensation on top of the expenses incurred by you. Have a look at this list: http://ec.europa.eu/transport/themes/passengers/air/doc/neb-extraordinary-circumstances-list.pdf" rel="nofollow - http://ec.europa.eu/transport/themes/passengers/air/doc/neb-extraordinary-circumstances-list.pdf .

Also see here http://www.flightrights.ie/passenger-rights/long-flight-delays.20.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.flightrights.ie/passenger-rights/long-flight-delays.20.html .

You can also contact the Commission for Aviation Regulation, see here: http://ec.europa.eu/transport/themes/passengers/air/doc/2004_261_national_enforcement_bodies.pdf" rel="nofollow - http://ec.europa.eu/transport/themes/passengers/air/doc/2004_261_national_enforcement_bodies.pdf

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 1:40pm
SD44
Many thanks for the links will check them.
The plane couldn't land because of weather. Circled for over an hr. Then diverted to Frankfurt Hahn which is a handy 120km from DB at Frankfurt am Main. They kept us on the plane for another hr to see if we could be flown back to Memmingen. It was 11.30pm by the time we got off. They said coaches were on the way. Arrived at 2am and then the driver needed a break of an additional hr (because of the length he was driving). It was surreal at times seeing people heading to work in their cars and me still trying to get home.
I only had a coffee or so so no real expense at Hahn apart from my time.
Needlesstoday there was nobody from Ryanair involved in any of the process once we disembarked - neither organsing the transport, meeting the 3 coaches when they arrived in Memmingen etc.
Thankfully the car park didn't charge for the additional parking time.

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 1:40pm
It is over 400km from Hahn back to Memmingen

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 2:25pm
Hmmm, I dunno. I mean, they maybe should have got the plane to take off from Hahn back to Memmingen, and it appears there was a long delay there which might be their fault..... but I'm not 100%. Maybe contact the commission for aviation regulation and see what they say.

The weather may have been unpredictable *but* the massive delays, and the decision to bus you rather than fly you, and those delays, could be their fault.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 2:41pm
SD44
yes not expecting much but will get the wheels in motion.
Interestingly ryanair did send an automatic email Sunday night at 23.12 about the diversion to Hahn (while we were on the plane in Hahn)

Wir bedauern, dass dieser Flug einer der wenigen beeinträchtigten Flüge war.
-- ie the events were outside their control

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 3:03pm
Doesn't mean the continuation of the delay was beyond their control. The bus didn't get you there til way later. Maybe they could have taken off from Hahn at midnight and got you there earlier.

Of course, if the airport was closed and you couldn't take off, the buses were the quickest way back to Memmingen.

Ryanair might well have done all in their control here, from a legal perspective.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 1:36am
I've just noticed before checking in for faro my mate's passport has his middle name wrote on it (for whatever reason) the first name and surname are correct, but will Ryanair accept this Thumbs Down?

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 7:29am
Yeah no problem. Nothing to worry about

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 7:53am
Cool it's €110 to change a name on Ryanair .

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 8:27am
Ryanair are not anal anymore and if they were they wouldn't have an issue with his middle name being on the passport and not on the boarding pass.

-------------

Posted By: irishmale0399
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 10:01am
Have the same problem myself with the middle name in the passport for some strange reason. Never had a problem getting onto a flight with any airline. Was asked at one point to produce my driving license just to support it but that was entering Russia.

Posted By: ShayGivensBum
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 10:03am
My middle name is on mine and its never been an issue. I fly with Ryanair a good bit too.

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 10:14am
Flew with Ryanair yesterday and this wasn't a problem

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net