You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cliftonville Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 67>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by CSCD CSCD wrote:

Solid but very unspectacular 1nil win over rock bottom Warrenpoint last night.
Had half a dozen good chances but every shot was straight at the keeper - need to be sharper ahead of the North Belfast derby this Saturday, heavy wind forecast !!!
One point behind Linfield/Glentoran at the top now - Linfield 6 clear over them on GD , all top 3 level on games.
Long way to go yet Confused

Was at it myself, the 'Point keeper McMullan was man of the match and in no way were the shots straight at him. He pulled off some outstanding saves. 
Played a few games for the Ireland U18s last year. Hope Cliftonville can push on and do it.
Don't get me wrong ,their keeper played well but to those around me and myself obviously included it looked from where we were like the shots/headers were straight at him - the Joe Gormley save from the header late on actually looked easier to score ffs haha

Looking forward to Saturday

Edited by CSCD - 23 Feb 2022 at 1:44pm
Sponsored Links

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 1:47pm

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Solid but very unspectacular 1nil win over rock bottom Warrenpoint last night.
Had half a dozen good chances but every shot was straight at the keeper - need to be sharper ahead of the North Belfast derby this Saturday, heavy wind forecast !!!
One point behind Linfield/Glentoran at the top now - Linfield 6 clear over them on GD , all top 3 level on games.
Long way to go yet Confused

Was at it myself, the 'Point keeper McMullan was man of the match and in no way were the shots straight at him. He pulled off some outstanding saves. 
Played a few games for the Ireland U18s last year. Hope Cliftonville can push on and do it.
Don't get me wrong ,their keeper played well but to those around me and myself obviously included it looked from where we were like the shots/headers were straight at him - the Joe Gormley save from the header late on actually looked easier to score ffs haha

Looking forward to Saturday

From McLaughlin:

Good luck on Saturday!

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 23 Feb 2022 at 1:50pm
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2022 at 8:28pm
Fiesty and very enjoyable derby today. Reds always looked like winning after Cadell (rightly) was given red card even though they equalised with 10 men. Addis excellent again, also Ives. McDonagh looked a bit out of sorts. Still in the shake-up for league and huge games against Coleraine in cup quarter final on Friday night and League Cup final following Sunday. Believe Reds' allocation at Failed Statelet stadium almost sold out. YOU REDS!

Edited by Tyronebhoy - 26 Feb 2022 at 11:53pm
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2022 at 10:19am
The referee was poor, he let too much go and you can't do that in these games where one team has been instructed by their manager to kick the sh*t out of the other. Crusaders racked up eighteen fouls, some of them nasty, before Cliftonville were blown for one. Caddell deserved the red card and there should have been others. The Reds were lucky to avoid serious injuries but they played the Crues off the park. Gallagher was outstanding in midfield but another excellent team performance.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2022 at 8:31pm
Typical Crues. Always shower of thugs. That boy Robinson particularly bad. Clarke is awful referee, how he missed Robinson's assault on Luke just after he equalised I'll never know. Heatley shouldn't have been on pitch at final whistle either, really bad challenge on Addis, and think he was on a yellow at time. But that's Irish League refs, crap standard.

Edited by Tyronebhoy - 27 Feb 2022 at 8:39pm
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2022 at 3:29pm
Just wanted to ask how Luke McNicholas's loan is going with Cliftonville and what the fans think of him?
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2022 at 3:42pm
Doing well. Can give the odd ball away with a dodgy kick when pressured, as he did on Saturday, and we were lucky enough to get away with it. But as far as stopping shots, no complaints. Paddy obviously happy with him or he wouldn't have let McCarey go, who has been excellent for Glentoran this season and pulled off couple of wonder saves against us at home when we were battering them going for equaliser.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2022 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Doing well. Can give the odd ball away with a dodgy kick when pressured, as he did on Saturday, and we were lucky enough to get away with it. But as far as stopping shots, no complaints. Paddy obviously happy with him or he wouldn't have let McCarey go, who has been excellent for Glentoran this season and pulled off couple of wonder saves against us at home when we were battering them going for equaliser.

Thanks for the update. McNicholas is highly thought off here at Sligo Rovers. He just couldn't get many games in the team over the established Ed McGinty, who is fantastic for us. Luke needed to get senior matches under his belt at his age.
Delight to see him getting games and doing well for Cliftonville.

I have read a few articles that he is enjoying his time at Cliftonville too.

500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2022 at 4:14pm
Same as anywhere, but if you put shift in at Solitude the crowd will be 100% behind you, and he does that all right. Glad he's enjoying it.
GavinMcGrath View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GavinMcGrath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2022 at 7:07pm
I’m in Belfast for the weekend of Portadown v Cliftonville at end of March. I was going to bring my son and just wondering what’s the best way to get to the ground from Belfast city centre and would it be safe enough bringing a 5 year old?
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2022 at 3:14am
Originally posted by GavinMcGrath GavinMcGrath wrote:

I’m in Belfast for the weekend of Portadown v Cliftonville at end of March. I was going to bring my son and just wondering what’s the best way to get to the ground from Belfast city centre and would it be safe enough bringing a 5 year old?

Portadown about 30 miles from Belfast down M1.  Johnny Addis supporters club usually runs bus from Solitude. Cassidys bar on Antrim Road also. Check club website for details, shouldn't be an issue. As someone who was born in Portadown (not by choice) it's a sh*thole, and Reds fans have had issues in the past, but not for while. They're so bad at minute, won't be big home crowd. Shouldn't be any hassle if you're with away fans and useless PSNI bastards are doing their job. Also get day return on train from Lanyon Place, Enterprise stops in Portadown. Then grab taxi to and from Shamrock Park.

Edited by Tyronebhoy - 05 Mar 2022 at 3:47am
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2022 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Originally posted by GavinMcGrath GavinMcGrath wrote:

Portadown about 30 miles from Belfast down M1.  Johnny Addis supporters club usually runs bus from Solitude. Cassidys bar on Antrim Road also. Check club website for details, shouldn't be an issue. As someone who was born in Portadown (not by choice) it's a sh*thole, and Reds fans have had issues in the past, but not for while. They're so bad at minute, won't be big home crowd. Shouldn't be any hassle if you're with away fans and useless PSNI bastards are doing their job. Also get day return on train from Lanyon Place, Enterprise stops in Portadown. Then grab taxi to and from Shamrock Park.

If you're taking the wee man, Lanyon to Portadown and a couple of minutes in a taxi to the ground would be your handiest option. 
GavinMcGrath View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GavinMcGrath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2022 at 10:25am
Thanks a million for your help.
CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 7:34pm
Away to Glentoran tonight in a 6 pointer - win this and the league challenge is firmly on!

Live on BBC iPlayer 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 8:56pm
Big goal there from Hale!
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 12:57am
After comeback win against Coleraine on Friday night, that was another excellent performance by the Reds at Oval tonight. Defence was magnificent. Addis masterclass before he was subbed. Hopefully it was tactical for Sunday and not an injury. What a run by Ives in second half, and almost a wonder goal. He was awesome tonight. Treble well and truly on.

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 7:15am
The run goes on, next game the League Cup final on Sunday. Irish Cup also looking more promising now with the Glens likely to get thrown out of it for fielding an ineligible player in the quarter final against Newry.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 9:14am
Surprised the cup final is on a Sunday? No one giving off about it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 67>
  Share Topic