Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Defo getting up to Solitude this season

Me too.
Can't beat a good gloryhunt !! LOL

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 5:30pm
Players were pelted with bottles and golf balls by Blues rabble

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by CSCD CSCD wrote:

Defo getting up to Solitude this season

Me too.
Can't beat a good gloryhunt !! LOL

Are barstoolers welcome

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Doyler
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 12:36am

My offer from London still stands though it has been put on hold due to unforeseen circumstances in my housing situation. Some stage this season ladsThumbs Up

-------------
Look at these scenes, just look at these scenes!

"it's too strong lads!"

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 6:55am
Originally posted by Doyler Doyler wrote:

My offer from London still stands though it has been put on hold due to unforeseen circumstances in my housing situation. Some stage this season ladsThumbs Up

Good man doyler, get on to the housing executive there and tell them Sham and Horsey are on the way up and you need the gaff sortedThumbs Up

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 6:41pm
Another good win today...Linfield second lastEmbarrassed

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 6:57pm
Just checked the scores there, 3 out of 3 so far

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 9:18am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

sweet !!!!!!!

hate that koont Jeffrey - they treat him like fukkkkin alex ferguson up here

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

sweet !!!!!!!

hate that koont Jeffrey - they treat him like fukkkkin alex ferguson up here
How have they gone to sh*te with the money they get from Windsor?!

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 3:16pm
i know feck all about Linfield, lets hope it continues

on the other hand Cville have an immense youth setup

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 11:52am
David Healy set to be the newest recruit to Linfield as they attempt to buy the title back from the Wee Reds

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 9:20am
second league defeat in a row last night at the hands of Coleraine 3-1

Posted By: savo01
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 4:06pm

Didn't see it but quite disappointing, at home too.  They only played on Saturday, Sky money talks!!!!!

-------------
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 11:43pm

Solid performance tonight against Dundela in the cup, 5-0 to the redsClap. Hopefully a bit of confidence restored after the 0-2 defeat in the north Belfast derby against Crues on Saturday. Joe Gormley's first half strike the pick of the bunch for me.

-------------

"it's too strong lads!"

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 12:25pm
I only looked at the table yesterday for first time since the 3rd game...What has gone wrong?Sickened to see Linfield back top after poor start

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 12:31pm
It sure didn't take Linfield long to recover from being bottom early on to being back in the mix
Reds seem to have lost their way. Not got the same hunger maybe? Drunk out?

Reckon Linfield will win the league by a distance. And so they should be given their resources and wages they pay 

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 11:55pm
Anyone else at the game tonight at Windsor park? Bad night on and off the pitch with the reds losing 4-1 to a far superior Linfield team, employing the long ball tactic for the biggest part of the game to no effect whatsoever. Boyce didn't start, no sign of Joe Gormley to late on in the second half too.

Meanwhile in the stands, the young Cliftonville fans up at back were reacting to the home crowd burning something which looked like a tricolour by letting off bangers and chanting "the I, the I, the IRA". The older Cliftonville heads from down at the front didn't like this at all so they turned around and shouted back at them "f**k off with that sh*t", "scumbags","f**k off yis wee w**kers" and so on. The wee scumbags from the back thought this was great and began to raise their hands in the air and chant "get the brits, get the brits, get the brits out now". This made the  older men even more angry and at one stage it nearly got very ugly with the stewards having to move in to stop a full blown riot kicking off in the away stand. Serious problems within the Cliftonville support, it's plain to see with all the hoody looking types with their stone island jackets thinking they are English football hooligans because they have watched too much Green Street.

Just goes to show that even with a simple game like football, we still have a long way to go. Had planned to bring the woman and child to the game tonight too but thankfully they ended up not going.

-------------

"it's too strong lads!"

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 6:42am
Meself horse and Trapped venturing up on the 9th nov for the Ballymena home game. AM will be our tour guide for the day. Scoops in Cassidy's beforehandThumbs Up

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 6:50pm
very nice biased reporting by the bbc norn iron team there

3 veiled indications that it was Cville fans fault and no mention of cville fans trying to sort out the singing at the game just comments on Linfield trying to eradicate (aii,right) singing over the years, no mention of linfield wrong doing.

thomas kane is a disgrace, he should know better.

-both fans were a disgrace

Posted By: newrygreen
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 10:08pm
Nothing new really. Cliftonville fans are usually pretty good at self policing their fans. As for Linfield, well theyre Linfield.

Cliftonville are nowhere near the side they were last season. Linfield will walk the league this season with Crues finishing behind them

-------------
Twitter: @50SavesOfDeGea

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 3:08pm
Myself, Trapped and Horsebox made the journey to the black north on Saturday to attend the game v Ballymena. The day started off good, brekkie was eaten, cans for the train purchased and we were at the train on time (even Trapped). Nothing happening train wise, and the 11:00 departure time came and passed. Eventually people left the waiting room and started boarding the train on their own initiative given the complete lack of info as to why the delay. Eventually we departed Connolly an hour late. Cans consumed en route and regular update texts to AntrimMan who was meeting us at our hotel. We duly arrived at Belfast Central and a taxi conveyed us to our hotel on the Dublin Road. We then speedily checked in, paid up and dumped the bags in the room, seizing the opportunity to have a slash.

As we were leaving the hotel, the aforementioned AntrimMan walked in. All present and accounted for, AM organised a taxi to Solitude. Parting with £10, we entered the ground and took a seat in the new stand behind the goal to the right a few rows from the back. On a bitterly cold day, we hoped the fare on offer from the reigning champions would warm us up. The reds went one up with a well taken finish but the quality of football was shocking, hence the detail I've went into about the rest of the trip.

As the interval approached, we decided a scoop was necessary and made our way to the social club under the old stand. While sipping on the pints, we missed Ballymena's equaliser. The second half commenced and with the guts of our seconf HT pint still safely contained in the plastic container it was handed to us in, we remained in situ. Some oul wan shouted something and to be honest we could'nt make out a word, but we assumed incorrectly, that the bar was closing for the 2nd half. How wrong we were. As we wnet to retake our seats, we found the door padlocked both top and bottom. We were locked in the bar. We could of course exited to the street and paid back in, but the first half offering on the pitch put paid to that.

So we remained in the bar watching the game out of the two available windows and the Cliftonville singing section were in full voice - inside the bar. CFC went 2-1 ahead, much to the delight of the loyal band of fans also locked in the bar. Full time was then signalled by the referee who blew his whistle after 90 odd minutes, is the manner we as football fans would be fairly accustomed to. After this, we strolled, ably guided by AM through a park and onto the Antrim Road to Cassidy's pub. A few decent pints were downed in this establishment before heading into town to continue our alcohol consumption.

We frequented a number of boozers such as the Duke of York, Kelly's, Maddens and other I believe. I set my sights on a member of a hen pary seated next to us in one of the pubs, but despite my best efforts and holding a little reffle for their group, I was ultimately unsuccessful in nailing her or indeed any of her group.

AM decided that we required some soakage, which in hindsight was a masterstroke, both in deciding that we needed feeding and the eatery (Meat in a Bap) that he brought us to. take a bow AM. I believe it was after this, that as we were strolling toanother pub, we passed a large group of Loyalist bandsmen, obviously out for abit of an oul remembering session. It was as we were walking through this group that Trapped decided it would be an ideal time to express his opinion thta "there are an awful lot of Loyalists around here".

Anyway, the night eventually came to an end as they invariably do. I know this because I woke up on Sunday morning in my hotel room. myself Trapped and HB made the wise decision that brekkie was required. We entered the Wetherspoons near our hotel andoreder of course, an Ulster fry. HB went for egss pope benedict. Trapped was far from impressed however, declaring that "these hash browns are awful". As myself and HB giggled a little, I declared "eh trapped, that's potato bread and fried bread.

With not being able to get a scoop until 12:30, we decided along with AM who had rejoined us, to go on a black taxi tour. The chap picked us up and as he and HB cross examined each other on memberships of various organisations, we enjoyed an excellent tour both Loyalist and Nationalist areas. I personally would highly recommend anyone visiting Belfast to take one of these tours.

The driver dropped us off at a pub called the Garrick (Ithink) were we retired for a dose of barstooling until our train home at 19:00. Numerous pints were enjoyed until shortly after 18:00 when a taxi ferried us to our hotel to collect out bags, then onto Tesco for choo choo scoops, before dropping us off at the train station.

Overall, barring the football, which by this stage (if still reading) was poor to say the least, a great time was had by all.

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 3:19pm
Good Stuff Sham.........

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 3:22pm
Good report Sham

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 3:40pm
Very thorough! Any idea where I got the pizza on saturday night. Don't remember fook all about it.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Very thorough! Any idea where I got the pizza on saturday night. Don't remember fook all about it.
noLOL

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 4:24pm
Everywan bring there tennis racket home?

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 4:28pm
A full compliment returned alright BSM. A momentus occasion.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 5:05pm

Little Italy?

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 5:08pm

Little Italy?

Nah, wouldn't have been on my stumble home. Opera is the obvious one but have no recollection being there.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 5:11pm
You forget to mention a few swift halves in the UFF local - The Pony Club with Mo Courtney and co.

A special mention must go to the pulled port sandwich and the pulled pork buritto

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 5:08pm
Great result today!Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 5:08pm
score?!?!!?

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 5:11pm

score?!?!!?

With the amount of livescore websites, apps, twitter, facebook etc I find it hard to believe you cannot find out yourself.

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 5:57pm
3-0 Tony

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 9:44pm
Looked to be playing good stuff again. 
Have beat Linfield 4-2 and 3-0 in the 2 league games so far, but dropped stupid points against the weaker sides. 

Linfield still firm favourites though for me

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 2:58pm
Great result for the Reds on Saturday beating Linfield 3-0.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Great result for the Reds on Saturday beating Linfield 3-0.
Clap Cliftonville till i die 

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 8:00pm
http://www.u.tv/Sport/Chairmans-anger-at-sectarian-chanting/2d876005-2ad6-4fe9-a825-e8272abe25b2" rel="nofollow - http://www.u.tv/Sport/Chairmans-anger-at-sectarian-chanting/2d876005-2ad6-4fe9-a825-e8272abe25b2

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 8:08pm

http://www.u.tv/Sport/Chairmans-anger-at-sectarian-chanting/2d876005-2ad6-4fe9-a825-e8272abe25b2" rel="nofollow - http://www.u.tv/Sport/Chairmans-anger-at-sectarian-chanting/2d876005-2ad6-4fe9-a825-e8272abe25b2

Obviously Celtic fans have infiltrated the Ards support, it's the only logical explanation.

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 8:14pm

Obviously Celtic fans have infiltrated the Ards support, it's the only logical explanation.

those scum get everywhere

Posted By: sluggermagoo
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 10:07pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtQCzkgRvXU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

-------------
This should be good....

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2013 at 3:27pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ5-yozPyYw&feature=youtu.be" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ5-yozPyYw&feature=youtu.be

the Cliftonville fans respond to loyalist chant (00;14)

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 5:40pm
ex Red Rory Donnelly on the bench for Swansea

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 5:19pm
League Cup final against Crusaders on SS2.

Come on you Reds!

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 6:29pm

League Cup final against Crusaders on SS2.

Come on you Reds!
Cliftonville til I dieClap

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 7:34pm
Jaysis the PA is loud. I thought it was an aeroplane at first

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2014 at 7:55pm
Some atmosphere at the game.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2014 at 9:05pm
Another win for the Reds against Fat Davy and the Blue scum today. Third time this season they've beaten them in the league

Posted By: Northerner
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2014 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Another win for the Reds against Fat Davy and the Blue scum today. Third time this season they've beaten them in the league

And they're still 2 points behind Linfield, dunno how.

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2014 at 9:44pm
What is even more amazing is that big Dave still has a job. What does he have to do to be sacked?

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2014 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

What is even more amazing is that big Dave still has a job. What does he have to do to be sacked?

Only God can sack fat DJ.

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 11:58am
Back on top where they belong!  Hopefully they can cut out the silly mistakes and do the treble this year!  Red Army!!!!!

-------------
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go

Posted By: Stillhuntinghenry
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 12:02pm
We're gonna give them an awful beating on Saturday

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

Back on top where they belong!  Hopefully they can cut out the silly mistakes and do the treble this year!  Red Army!!!!!

Gonna be a big ask i think, the blues with the money they spend are bound to come good at some stage, Ivan Sproule for example the highest paid player in the league but hasn't been that impressive yet. Maybe he will in the run-in. Linfield have a lot of strength in depth. And there's always the help of the officials which in a tight title race can be invaluable 

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 12:10pm
Yes playing Derry and Shamrock Rovers in friendlies seems a bit silly in terms of adding to the fixtures but maybe it'll give fringe players a run out.  Still think they're the best team though and hopefully they'll not drop too many more points. 

-------------
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 12:21pm

And there's always the help of the officials which in a tight title race can be invaluable 

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Northerner Northerner wrote:

And there's always the help of the officials which in a tight title race can be invaluable 

Case in point 1998 when Linfield started an hour later than Cliftonville on the last day of the season so they knew what result they needed.  You wouldn't get it at under 10's!  Cup Final not played in 1999 as they had fielded an ineligible player in an earlier round. 

-------------
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 1:38pm

Originally posted by Northerner Northerner wrote:

Case in point 1998 when Linfield started an hour later than Cliftonville on the last day of the season so they knew what result they needed.  You wouldn't get it at under 10's!  Cup Final not played in 1999 as they had fielded an ineligible player in an earlier round. 

Is that it?

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 1:42pm
Indeed, why all the interest in such sh*te league.........there are better teams in the LSL.

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 1:45pm
Linfield are very much the IFA's club. 

Early January 2-0 down at Warrenpoint and the linesman rules out a 3rd Point goal for offside very dubiously. Linfield come back to win 3-2, the linesman's the young fella on the right here

Embedded image permalink

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 1:52pm

Early January 2-0 down at Warrenpoint and the linesman rules out a 3rd Point goal for offside very dubiously. Linfield come back to win 3-2, the linesman's the young fella on the right here

Embedded image permalink

Dubious decisions happen week in week out in every league everywhere.

Posted By: fr larry duff
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 6:25pm

Embedded image permalink
to be fair, i was at that match, the wee lad in the pic was the ref and if anything the linfield fans felt more aggrieved by some of his decisions that day (50/50 peno given to the point and one of their players should have been sent off)

dubious goal ruled out for the point tho at 2-0 is right tho

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by fr larry duff fr larry duff wrote:

Embedded image permalink
to be fair, i was at that match, the wee lad in the pic was the ref and if anything the linfield fans felt more aggrieved by some of his decisions that day (50/50 peno given to the point and one of their players should have been sent off)

dubious goal ruled out for the point tho at 2-0 is right tho

I was there too.  Thought Linfield were really lucky to win but definitely not favoured by the officials.  Cracking game btw.

Posted By: fr larry duff
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 7:09pm
was the best game i have seen in a while, excitement wise, great to see the point holding their own with a team made up of local lads

regarding cliftonville, think the league is their's for the taking if they can get a run going, much better team than linfield on their day

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 10:24pm
Fair enough, I shudnt listen to twitter rumours

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by fr larry duff fr larry duff wrote:

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">was the best game i have seen in a while, excitement wise, great to see the point holding their own with a team made up of local lads</span>

regarding cliftonville, think the league is their's for the taking if they can get a run going, much better team than linfield on their day
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>

They play the best football by quite a margin, when they click they will walk the IL.

Posted By: cass123456
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2014 at 9:00pm

Can't do the treble this year.Already out of the irish cup. Beat 4-3 by coleraine in a replay last week. The friendlies against Derry and rovers were then organised for cup weekends.

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2014 at 11:16pm
Yeah, silly me forgot.

-------------
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go

Posted By: eire32
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 5:54pm
Heading up to the game on Saturday
should be a cracker!

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 10:25am
Linfield out of the Cup now too.  THis will make for an interesting run in.  Both can now concentrate on the League. 

-------------
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 11:49am

Linfield out of the Cup now too.  THis will make for an interesting run in.  Both can now concentrate on the League. 

Crusaders are still in the mix too particularly if they can win on Saturday.  Ports have an outside shot as well. 

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 12:13pm
Some big games coming up. 

Saturday 15th February 2014

This table charts the fixtures during Saturday 15th February 2014
< title=" all">Close Danske Bank Premiership
Show last 5 matches and coverage Fixture Kick-off Status
< =js-hide>Show

Ballymena United V Coleraine

15:00
< =js-hide>Show

Cliftonville V Crusaders FC

< =js-hide>Show

Glenavon V Portadown

< =js-hide>Show

Linfield V Ballinamallard United

< =js-hide>Show

Warrenpoint Town V Dungannon Swifts

< =js-hide>Show

Ards V Glentoran

17:30

Monday 17th February 2014

This table charts the fixtures during Monday 17th February 2014
Fixture Kick-off Status
< =js-hide>Show

DungannonSwifts V Coleraine

Friday 21st February 2014

This table charts the fixtures during Friday 21st February 2014
Fixture Kick-off Status
< =js-hide>Show

Crusaders FC V Glenavon

19:45
< =js-hide>Show

Glentoran V Linfield

19:45

Saturday 22nd February 2014

This table charts the fixtures during Saturday 22nd February 2014
Fixture Kick-off Status
< =js-hide>Show

Ballinamallard United V Ards

< =js-hide>Show

Ballymena United V Warrenpoint Town

< =js-hide>Show

Coleraine V Portadown

< =js-hide>Show

Dungannon Swifts V Cliftonville

Tuesday 4th March 2014

This table charts the fixtures during Tuesday 4th March 2014
Fixture Kick-off Status
< =js-hide>Show

Warrenpoint Town V Glenavon

20:00

Saturday 8th March 2014

This table charts the fixtures during Saturday 8th March 2014
Fixture Kick-off Status
< =js-hide>Show

Cliftonville V Ballinamallard United

< =js-hide>Show

Coleraine V Crusaders FC

< =js-hide>Show

Glenavon V Dungannon Swifts

< =js-hide>Show

Glentoran V Ballymena United

< =js-hide>Show

Portadown V Linfield

< =js-hide>Show

Warrenpoint Town V Ards

Saturday 15th March 2014

-------------
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 12:15pm
Linfield should beat Ballinamallard at home but then away to Glentoran and Pordydown LOL will be tough.  Cliftonville and Crusaders seem to play each other more than Barca and Real in recent years! 

-------------
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go

Posted By: Madferret
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 12:26am
On several websites I can only see fixtures listed up until March 22nd. The league up there hardly ends that early, so do they retain their points & GD and break up into two separate leagues for Promotion & Relegation???
I'm tempted to have a punt on Cliftonville as they appear to have a slighlty easier run of fixtures and are in flying form. Would help greatly if anyone know's how it works fixture-wise after March 22nd??

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 12:30am
Originally posted by Madferret Madferret wrote:

On several websites I can only see fixtures listed up until March 22nd. The league up there hardly ends that early, so do they retain their points & GD and break up into two separate leagues for Promotion & Relegation???
I'm tempted to have a punt on Cliftonville as they appear to have a slighlty easier run of fixtures and are in flying form. Would help greatly if anyone know's how it works fixture-wise after March 22nd??

The league splits in two.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 12:42am
Cheers dude Thumbs Up 

So I guess the fixtures that follow when it gets split into Championship/Relegation round, don't get released until after the final game in the current series, i.e., not until on or after March 22nd.

I'm thinking there isn't enough time subsequently to fit in both home AND away fixtures for each team in the final series of games, so I'd presume there is an element of luck of the draw, i.e., each team has 5 fixtures (6 teams) and therefore C'ville could be unlucky and find that three of their games are away (and to Linfield, Crusaders and Portadown Cry), and two of their games are at home?
It's seems an odd structure, but it's hardly unique.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 7:03pm
Each team playss each team three times before the split. So it jusy depends on who finishes in the top half of the league on how manyhome and away games you get after the split.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 7:37pm
this game will be played in horrible conditions

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by newrygreen newrygreen wrote:

Each team playss each team three times before the split. So it jusy depends on who finishes in the top half of the league on how manyhome and away games you get after the split.

cheers newry Thumbs Up

C'ville look to have the slightly easier games before the split, given that Portadown & Glentoran may take points off Linfield (Both away). Pleasantly suprised C'ville have not gone odds on Favs yet Smile 

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 9:11pm

Yeah, it's called north belfast

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 9:39pm

Yeah, it's called north belfast

Hey!!!

Posted By: Guf10
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 10:36pm
Was due to head upto game tomorrow with Eire32 and co but didn't wana risk travelling with bad weather and risk of postponement!

Gona try plan for the Glentoran away game at Easter!

-------------
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

Was due to head upto game tomorrow with Eire32 and co but didn't wana risk travelling with bad weather and risk of postponement!

Gona try plan for the Glentoran away game at Easter!

The plastic pitch makes postponements much less likely

Posted By: eire32
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 11:16am
On the train up with greenarmy should be a good day

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 3:02pm
Suns and no clouds out boyos

Posted By: cass123456
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 3:52pm
And 2-0 up

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 5:20pm
won 4-0, good win against the crues. 2 horse race now. David Jeffrey announced he will step down as Linfield manager at the end of the season

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 5:33pm
great stuff

wee Davie is leaving is he? utter bawbag - fantastic

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 9:06pm
Leaving before he's sacked as he wud be if he has another trophy less year

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 9:19pm

Leaving before he's sacked as he wud be if he has another trophy less year

dignified orangemen do not sack their brethern Declan

who is fav to replace him?

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 9:58pm
A great manager and a top person. The jock Stein of N. Irish football

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

A great manager and a top person. The jock Stein of N. Irish football

that's a good a baited hook as I have seen   

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 12:09pm
Big wins for both sides.  I see Pat Fenlon is lead contender for the job.  Good luck with that one Pat! 

-------------
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go

Posted By: Stillhuntinghenry
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 12:17pm

Big wins for both sides.  I see Pat Fenlon is lead contender for the job.  Good luck with that one Pat! 

Perfect match

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2014 at 1:34am
Linfield beat Glentoran 1-0 tonight (Penalty 51 mins Matthew Tipton (Ex-Dundalk) .

C'ville 2 points behind now in second, level on games played. Only Hills have revised their prices so far. Will need Portadown & Twiggy Clap to do a favour when they host Linfield in two weeks time. Still think C'ville will sneak it, possibly on goal difference Smile

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2014 at 9:25am
When are the fixtures announced for the remaining games?

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2014 at 1:36pm

When are the fixtures announced for the remaining games?

Good question Horse. I was trying to figure that out on here a few weeks ago. It all seems a bit of a lottery who you get and wether it is Home or Away in the final series of matches (5 games).
Anyone??

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net