FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What team to support?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Keeling97 Keeling97 wrote:

Hi,
I'm located near Swords, Co. Dublin and I really want to get into LOI football.
The two teams nearest to me are Shelbourne and Bohemians but I was wondering what both the teams are like?
This might seem stupid but I don't just want to choose one of them and then learn that all the fans are scum (not being offence).
I am hoping that someone could enlighten me a bit about the two teams and even if you don't support either of the two teams could you tell me what their away supporters were like?
Thanks.

keeling you are more than welcome along to Dalymount.  There is a decent group of us here that go.   Drop me a pm if you like. 

YBIG definitely has a new Shels fan
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 7:14am
2 seasons ago I brought my lil brother, he was 14 at the time, to each Dublin derby and after them all I told him to choose a side as it was important that he supported a LOI club. He chose Shels after seeing them being spanked 4-0 by Rovers in Tallaght. He now travels the length of the country with his mate supporting them
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Keeling97 Keeling97 wrote:

Hi,
I'm located near Swords, Co. Dublin and I really want to get into LOI football.
The two teams nearest to me are Shelbourne and Bohemians but I was wondering what both the teams are like?
This might seem stupid but I don't just want to choose one of them and then learn that all the fans are scum (not being offence).
I am hoping that someone could enlighten me a bit about the two teams and even if you don't support either of the two teams could you tell me what their away supporters were like?
Thanks.

We have  afair few North Dublin supporters. It would probably be handier to get to Drogheda anyway.
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Rovers are Dublin's club and are the default setting. Unless you have a family reason or psychiatric problem, then you would follow one of the smaller clubs. 

Dublins club ? Didn't you play a HOME game in cork? More of a whoever will have ya club!

Whatever ya do pal don't take Internet forums as the norm for LOI fans! If you don't want to choose one of the relegation bound duo take in a pats game they playing shels this week in fact check out them both!

Only team around you that don't have anything to play for in the league is rovers so all the rest should give ya competitive games!
Snowie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 11:15pm

Bohs bring the most away fans? Did I read that right?

We may have a smaller crowd but there's a solid atmosphere at bohs games, I know a fair few lads who support other teams and they think tallaght is awfully boring. I personally do like it out in tallaght but there fans can be a bit quiet. :)
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

If you were to judge any fan group on its ignorant minority you would never support anybody.  

Ireland has muppets as fans so do Celtic, Liverpool, Spurs, Man United, Rovers, Pats, Bohs, Rangers, England the whole lot of them. 

Not supporting a team or going to games because you think some people there are muppets is Embarrassed especially when you also shout for Celtic and Liverpool.  

I support Ireland as you well know.

I just couldn't be bothered going to LOI games for a number of reasons. Some of the things that I mentioned wouldn't necessarily put me off but it is embarrassing.

People are entitled to support who they want for whatever reasons they want.

But when it comes to LOI - the supporters have such a bad attitude, the inferior complete they have is unbelievable. They should try and concentrate on trying to promote their own club instead of calling every person that doesn't go 'barstoolers'.

50+ thousand people go and watch Celtic v Liverpool in Lansdowne Road and they are called 'barstoolers' bizarre.

Only Whelo (I think his name was) is the only person who rose about the negativity and tried to encourage people to go - and with some success.

I'm just glad that some posters agree with what I said, most of which I have said is fairly obvious to see.

One game of the year for the majority of them. All ****s and your old chestnut about barstooler been branded at a LOI game is fictitious and at this stage quiete embarrassing and boring.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 10:43pm

If you were to judge any fan group on its ignorant minority you would never support anybody.  

Ireland has muppets as fans so do Celtic, Liverpool, Spurs, Man United, Rovers, Pats, Bohs, Rangers, England the whole lot of them. 

Not supporting a team or going to games because you think some people there are muppets is Embarrassed especially when you also shout for Celtic and Liverpool.  

I just couldn't be bothered going to LOI games for a number of reasons. Some of the things that I mentioned wouldn't necessarily put me off but it is embarrassing.

But when it comes to LOI - the supporters have such a bad attitude, the inferior complete they have is unbelievable. They should try and concentrate on trying to promote their own club instead of calling every person that doesn't go 'barstoolers'.

50+ thousand people go and watch Celtic v Liverpool in Lansdowne Road and they are called 'barstoolers' bizarre.

Only Whelo (I think his name was) is the only person who rose about the negativity and tried to encourage people to go - and with some success.

I'm just glad that some posters agree with what I said, most of which I have said is fairly obvious to see.
I only notice this attitude on forums, it's not like that with normal people at games.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by OldBawnHoop OldBawnHoop wrote:

No you didn't. Its in relation to Shels and Bohs.

Wow. Thats like boasting you can beat up your little sister.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 9:05pm

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by OldBawnHoop OldBawnHoop wrote:

Ya, between the two of them. 
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
OldBawnHoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldBawnHoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 8:51pm

roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 8:43pm
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 8:28pm
I'd say Bohs because they bring more fans to away trips. Better away days. That said they could be relegated. The big club relegated hmmmm, we'll see.

Edited by corkery - 14 Aug 2013 at 8:29pm
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

Having been away with bohs all over Europe , Ireland all over Europe and indeed United I can safely say 100 times over the least offensive behaviour has come from LOI fans in fact does not even come close to replicating some of the scenes I ve witnessed with the latter
Comma's man, comma's
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 5:17pm
Exactly i'm sure our national team is supported by gangsters, drug dealers, wife beaters, politicans etc. but thats no reason no to support them.........
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 5:15pm
Some fine fishing here by Horsebox by the way.  BSM would be proud.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 5:12pm

AKA pedantic kunt
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 4:48pm

Originally posted by UCD AFC UCD AFC wrote:

I've been to both the above, and their fans have brought big crowds to UCD...point still stands - you have something against the league for whatever reason and are wasting your time trying to turn people away from it?

I don't have an issue with the LOI. I have an issue with LOI fans.

@ 9 fingers - I'm not from Darndale

Why wouldn't I go to a LOI game? I follow football and enjoyed going to these games.

However some of the behaviour of these so called fans are just embarrassing.

The behavior from small amounts of fans from every club in the world can be embarrassing or cringy. There are saps everywhere. This is not limited to LOI, there are a fair few in YBIG too.
Chips don't bounce
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic