URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=45320
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 12:57pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: What team to support?
Posted By: Keeling97
Subject: What team to support?
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 5:22am
Hi,
I'm located near Swords, Co. Dublin and I really want to get into LOI football.
The two teams nearest to me are Shelbourne and Bohemians but I was wondering what both the teams are like?
This might seem stupid but I don't just want to choose one of them and then learn that all the fans are scum (not being offence).
I am hoping that someone could enlighten me a bit about the two teams and even if you don't support either of the two teams could you tell me what their away supporters were like?
Thanks.

Replies:
Posted By: The U
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 11:15am
Probably best off going to one or two games each to see for yourself. You might find yourself enjoying it more at either ground

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Keeling97 Keeling97 wrote:

Hi,
The two teams nearest to me are Shelbourne and Bohemians but I was wondering what both the teams are like?
This might seem stupid but I don't just want to choose one of them and then learn that all the fans are scum (not being offence).
I am hoping that someone could enlighten me a bit about the two teams and even if you don't support either of the two teams could you tell me what their away supporters were like?
Thanks.

I wouldn't bother supporting a LOI team.

You'll go to a game and they will start calling you a barstooler and start shouting 'who are ya' in an English accent.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: kieranmc
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 11:27am
Doesn't matter which you pick, they'll both be gone in a few years anyway.

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 11:36am
Your comment that you don't wanna find out all their fans are scum is worrying for a start, that sorta silly tarring of fans with the one brush doesn't bode well for you.

Just pick your club, go, go again and be PATIENT. 

Less of the generalising will help.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 11:40am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Hi,
Thanks.

You'll go to a game and they will start calling you a barstooler and start shouting 'who are ya' in an English accent.

absolute rubbish IMO

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 11:53am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Hi,
Thanks.

absolute rubbish IMO

It's true!

I saw it with my own eyes a few times.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 12:00pm

To be fair to HB, there is an element who can't/won't welcome new fans.  When I was up in Sligo a couple of years ago, some Hoops fans were acting the maggot and a lad near me started shouting at them to give it over.

Just as close by was another buffoon, around my age (mid 40) who I've seen for donkeys years at Rovers games and he starts shouting at the lad to leave the maggots alone and he starts calling him a "blow-in" cos he didn't recognise him!!  Some spanners want it every way, I can see HB's point here.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 12:14pm

Hi,
Thanks.

keeling you are more than welcome along to Dalymount.  There is a decent group of us here that go.   Drop me a pm if you like. 

Every team in the world has a small collection of fans that are scum, Why, because its a relfection of society which has scum elements.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 12:15pm

Hi,
Thanks.

absolute rubbish IMO

It's true!

when did we take the piss out of you.   When did we call you a barstooler.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 12:19pm
Just pick the most successful team, that's what most do when picking a foreign club team. Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 12:22pm
both  Shels and Bohs are involved in a relegation battle. 

St Pats are going for the title and Shamrock are mid table.   Drogheda are not far from you either and they are probably going to finish mid table also. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 12:24pm
By the way Keeping, I forgot to add that a user on here called Trapped looks after new fans under the age of 21.   He is our New Youth Fan Co-Ordination Officer.   Drop him a pm and he will look after you and show you the ropes. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 12:25pm

Hi,
Thanks.

absolute rubbish IMO

It's true!

Where?
Never seen it myself, not been loads of games mind but never had any problems in Tolka

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 12:34pm
your local team is sporting fingal , they have a great chance this year.

i am from 2008 by the way.

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: TBWRA
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 12:36pm
Simple Dayler and Bohs sh*te football but three lovely bars to choose from

-------------
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

your local team is sporting fingal , they have a great chance this year.

i am from 2008 by the way.

FFS, get back to your other threads Rommel. LOL

-------------

Posted By: The Big Club
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 12:48pm

Hi,
Thanks.

absolute rubbish IMO

It's true!

Id say you did alright, run along back to your section Clown

Posted By: Dukla
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 1:01pm
There's going to be a few toerags supporting most clubs, but suggesting that all the fans of a club could be 'scum' is a very ridiculous statement.

Never heard of people attending games getting verbal abuse for being a barstooler, blow in, etc. We had a few hundred Germans over for the Ireland game last year that went to our game against Cork that weekend, no trouble whatsoever in fact a few of them have since come back to Tolka this year for games. I can safely say you'd be more than welcome to come to a game in Tolka.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by The Big Club The Big Club wrote:

Quod Erat Demonstrandum LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 1:53pm
There is a German and a Dutch guy who go to all the Bohs games who sit in front of is. Week in week out and know Loads about the team. Asked them how they started going and they said its the highest standard of live football on their doorstep why wouldn't they go.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:14pm

Hi,
Thanks.

absolute rubbish IMO

It's true!

The big club?

You must support United or something.

I forgot this section if for begrudgery.

Just look at FreeWheelers post - he has seen this too.

@ 9 Fingers - Tallaght and Dalymount.

I will guarantee you now - if you go a LOI game you'll grown men shouting in English accents - 'Who are ya' and other wanna be Green Street chants.

Absolute cringefest.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:20pm

Hi,
Thanks.

absolute rubbish IMO

It's true!

The big club?

I will guarantee you now - if you go a LOI game you'll grown men shouting in English accents - 'Who are ya' and other wanna be Green Street chants.

Absolute cringefest.

why did you bother posting here?

Your guarantee is 100% false, you have pulled it from thin air...

we all know where the real cringefest was this week LOL

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:20pm

Hi,
Thanks.

absolute rubbish IMO

It's true!

The big club?

Absolute cringefest.

Cringefest is the boats and planes heading over to the land of tans everyweekend. The "who are ya" in the English accents and the green street wannabes is annoying but it's a great night out watching live football not on front of a telly.

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:25pm
Glad to see Freewheeler and DrogAddict agreeing with me here

Come on you know it's true,

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: Snowie
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:41pm

Hi,
Thanks.

absolute rubbish IMO

It's true!

The big club?

Absolute cringefest.

Nothing more cringeworthy then a load of aul lads from Dublin sat in a pub calling each other a manc and scouse while they repeat the absolute drivel they hear from the sky sport analysts.

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Snowie Snowie wrote:

Hi,
Thanks.

absolute rubbish IMO

It's true!

The big club?

Absolute cringefest.

Nothing more cringeworthy then a load of aul lads from Dublin sat in a pub calling each other a manc and scouse while they repeat the absolute drivel they hear from the sky sport analysts.

I agree with you on that one.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:44pm

I have been going to ucd for 3 or 4 seasons, say what you want about the lack of atmosphere but there is no english wannabees (home or away fans) - it took me a few times listening before i understood some of the derry chants last week because of their accent.

fans that chant or sing improve the atmosphere of the league, how you have changed this into green street wannabees is your own imagination, there are of course scum elements at most clubs (as has been pointed out, not denied, same at most clubs in the world) is this what you mean? Still haven't a clue why you bothered coming into this thread, a new fan is looking for some help/advice, LOI fans have offered him some, your input is what?

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:44pm
Rovers are Dublin's club and are the default setting. Unless you have a family reason or psychiatric problem, then you would follow one of the smaller clubs. 

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:46pm

It's true!

Can we not have this clown banned from the LoI section? Bad enough having to deal with his Little Englander self loathing on the Ole Ole section, do we have to put up with it here?

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by UCD AFC UCD AFC wrote:

I have been going to ucd for 3 or 4 seasons, say what you want about the lack of atmosphere but there is no english wannabees (home or away fans) - it took me a few times listening before i understood some of the derry chants last week because of their accent.

fans that chant or sing improve the atmosphere of the league, how you have changed this into green street wannabees is your own imagination, there are of course scum elements at most clubs (as has been pointed out, not denied, same at most clubs in the world) is this what you mean? Still haven't a clue why you bothered coming into this thread, a new fan is looking for some help/advice, LOI fans have offered him some, your input is what?

My input is he shouldn't bother for the reasons I posted above.

My experience is at Tallaght and Dalymount so UCD may not have this issue.

The Green Street wannabes was on TV3 not so long ago and if you look on youtube you will also find these lads.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:49pm

You're from Darndale Horsey, why were ya over in tallaght, never mind cabra. Surely Shels would be your closest team or were ya just jumping on the shams bandwagon??

I've been to both the above, and their fans have brought big crowds to UCD...point still stands - you have something against the league for whatever reason and are wasting your time trying to turn people away from it?

Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

It's true!

Can we not have this clown banned from the LoI section? Bad enough having to deal with his Little Englander self loathing on the Ole Ole section, do we have to put up with it here?

Your the laughing stock on this section.

Every time you post on here - the rest of the lads are tearing you apart.

Where's your mate rocketfingers?

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:50pm

LOI football is the best standard of live football for the viewing public on this island.

It my not be of a standard acceptable to some particularly to the customers of the multi billion pound industry that is the EPL but it is nontheless the best league in Ireland.

Whether you opt to support a league played in your own country, generally played by Irish lads from your own area, supported by Irish people from your own locality or prefer to support a league in another country thats up to you.

As an Irish person who loves football its great to have the option to support a league in my own country instead of helping to finance Wayne Rooneys latest hair transplant.

And as a LOI i do feel more patriotic to Irish Football than those who dismiss the LOI and chose other vehicles to demonstate their lifelong support.

To answer the original question go to a few games, give it a bit of time and make a call then..........

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:52pm

I've been to both the above, and their fans have brought big crowds to UCD...point still stands - you have something against the league for whatever reason and are wasting your time trying to turn people away from it?

I don't have an issue with the LOI. I have an issue with LOI fans.

@ 9 fingers - I'm not from Darndale

Why wouldn't I go to a LOI game? I follow football and enjoyed going to these games.

However some of the behaviour of these so called fans are just embarrassing.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

LOI football is the best standard of live football for the viewing public on this island.

It my not be of a standard acceptable to some particularly to the customers of the multi billion pound industry that is the EPL but it is nontheless the best league in Ireland.

Whether you opt to support a league played in your own country, generally played by Irish lads from your own area, supported by Irish people from your own locality or prefer to support a league in another country thats up to you.

As an Irish person who loves football its great to have the option to support a league in my own country instead of helping to finance Wayne Rooneys latest hair transplant.

And as a LOI i do feel more patriotic to Irish Football than those who dismiss the LOI and chose other vehicles to demonstate their lifelong support.

To answer the original question go to a few games, give it a bit of time and make a call then..........

top post Clap

-------------

Posted By: Dukla
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 2:58pm

Rovers are Dublin's club and are the default setting

FFS LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 3:03pm

but you're not from Greenhills either so my point still stands. Also to reference a tv3 investigates tv show is f**kin hilarious

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 3:06pm
Using a tv3 documentary to reference LOI football even as a WUM

-------------
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"

Posted By: Barry
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 3:06pm

Hi,
Thanks.

You really are a scummy ****. 1/you always lurk on this section 2/ you actually jumped on the Shams bandwagon at one stage before discovering that supporting a team means actually travelling and going to games, not just clicking 401 on your remote control.

As for the comment below

Isn't 'your' beloved National teams songbook infact just knock offs of British club sides chants.

Altogether now OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

Hi,
Thanks.

You really are a scummy ****. 1/you always lurk on this section 2/ you actually jumped on the Shams bandwagon at one stage before discovering that supporting a team means actually travelling and going to games, not just clicking 401 on your remote control.

As for the comment below

Isn't 'your' beloved National teams songbook infact just knock offs of British club sides chants.

Altogether now OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE

Correct on everything you said there Quey.

I did go to games, alot of them too but stopped for number of reasons.
I still follow the league, and hope Shams do well.

And I'll probably go a few more games too.

But my point still stands. LOI supporters have a massive chip on their shoulder.
And the behaviour of the some LOI fans is embarrassing.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 3:24pm

Hi,
Thanks.

Your more than welcome at the Tolka and for your own sake I'm glad you don't have the option of having to support franchise fingal they wen't bust thankfully SmileSmileSmile.

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 3:39pm
Horsebox - Agree that the behaviour of some LOI is at times embarrassing, but they represent a tiny amount of the cohort of LOI fans and are usually "wannabes" who only turn up to throw a few shapes. Realistically when has there ever been any real trouble at LOI games ? In my lifetime the only night i can remember real trouble involving a LOI team was the night Bohs played Rangers in the UEFA Cup and that was nearly 30 years ago.

As regards the old chip on the shoulder chestnut, you could have a valid point but imo LOI fans feel somewhat agrieved that the League they love unconditionally receives so much negativity from people who regard themseleves as football fans particularly when those fans rarely attended matches....

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 3:51pm

As always lads, it's a minority who give it a bad name, be it spotty fookheads trying to fight (with other fans or themselves), the idiot in Sligo branding a decent man a "blow-in" or other chips on their shoulders (they normally have several).

I would never discourage anyone from going to L of I games (be it once, twice or infinitely).

People who dismiss the L of I as being sh*te while never actually going to games really aren't worth listening to, about anything.

Finally Horsey, agree with you on many things but bringing that abysmal and amateurish TV3 programme...........scarleh Embarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 3:55pm

Rovers are Dublin's club and are the default setting. Unless you have a family reason or psychiatric problem, then you would follow one of the smaller clubs. 

Wicklow's number 2

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 4:03pm
Having been away with bohs all over Europe , Ireland all over Europe and indeed United I can safely say 100 times over the least offensive behaviour has come from LOI fans in fact does not even come close to replicating some of the scenes I ve witnessed with the latter

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 4:04pm

The Green Street wannabes was on TV3 not so long ago and if you look on youtube you will also find these lads.

FFS only seen this post now TV3

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 4:09pm
The TV3 doc. not the old "traffic cone" armageddon outside the Hill 16 pub again. LOL

-------------

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 4:48pm

Why wouldn't I go to a LOI game? I follow football and enjoyed going to these games.

However some of the behaviour of these so called fans are just embarrassing.

The behavior from small amounts of fans from every club in the world can be embarrassing or cringy. There are saps everywhere. This is not limited to LOI, there are a fair few in YBIG too.

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 5:12pm
If you were to judge any fan group on its ignorant minority you would never support anybody.  

Ireland has muppets as fans so do Celtic, Liverpool, Spurs, Man United, Rovers, Pats, Bohs, Rangers, England the whole lot of them. 

Not supporting a team or going to games because you think some people there are muppets is Embarrassed especially when you also shout for Celtic and Liverpool.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 5:15pm
Some fine fishing here by Horsebox by the way.  BSM would be proud.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 5:17pm
Exactly i'm sure our national team is supported by gangsters, drug dealers, wife beaters, politicans etc. but thats no reason no to support them.........

-------------

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

Having been away with bohs all over Europe , Ireland all over Europe and indeed United I can safely say 100 times over the least offensive behaviour has come from LOI fans in fact does not even come close to replicating some of the scenes I ve witnessed with the latter
Comma's man, comma's

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 8:28pm
I'd say Bohs because they bring more fans to away trips. Better away days. That said they could be relegated. The big club relegated hmmmm, we'll see.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 8:43pm
Bohs bring the most away fans? Did I read that right?

Posted By: OldBawnHoop
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 8:51pm

No you didn't. Its in relation to Shels and Bohs.

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by OldBawnHoop OldBawnHoop wrote:

Ya, between the two of them. 

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

If you were to judge any fan group on its ignorant minority you would never support anybody.  

Ireland has muppets as fans so do Celtic, Liverpool, Spurs, Man United, Rovers, Pats, Bohs, Rangers, England the whole lot of them. 

Not supporting a team or going to games because you think some people there are muppets is Embarrassed especially when you also shout for Celtic and Liverpool.  

I support Ireland as you well know.

I just couldn't be bothered going to LOI games for a number of reasons. Some of the things that I mentioned wouldn't necessarily put me off but it is embarrassing.

People are entitled to support who they want for whatever reasons they want.

But when it comes to LOI - the supporters have such a bad attitude, the inferior complete they have is unbelievable. They should try and concentrate on trying to promote their own club instead of calling every person that doesn't go 'barstoolers'.

50+ thousand people go and watch Celtic v Liverpool in Lansdowne Road and they are called 'barstoolers' bizarre.

Only Whelo (I think his name was) is the only person who rose about the negativity and tried to encourage people to go - and with some success.

I'm just glad that some posters agree with what I said, most of which I have said is fairly obvious to see.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 10:25pm

Wow. Thats like boasting you can beat up your little sister.

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 10:43pm

I just couldn't be bothered going to LOI games for a number of reasons. Some of the things that I mentioned wouldn't necessarily put me off but it is embarrassing.

But when it comes to LOI - the supporters have such a bad attitude, the inferior complete they have is unbelievable. They should try and concentrate on trying to promote their own club instead of calling every person that doesn't go 'barstoolers'.

50+ thousand people go and watch Celtic v Liverpool in Lansdowne Road and they are called 'barstoolers' bizarre.

Only Whelo (I think his name was) is the only person who rose about the negativity and tried to encourage people to go - and with some success.

I'm just glad that some posters agree with what I said, most of which I have said is fairly obvious to see.
I only notice this attitude on forums, it's not like that with normal people at games.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 11:08pm

One game of the year for the majority of them. All ****s and your old chestnut about barstooler been branded at a LOI game is fictitious and at this stage quiete embarrassing and boring.

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 11:15pm

We may have a smaller crowd but there's a solid atmosphere at bohs games, I know a fair few lads who support other teams and they think tallaght is awfully boring. I personally do like it out in tallaght but there fans can be a bit quiet. :)

Posted By: saintjoey
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 11:22pm

Dublins club ? Didn't you play a HOME game in cork? More of a whoever will have ya club!

Whatever ya do pal don't take Internet forums as the norm for LOI fans! If you don't want to choose one of the relegation bound duo take in a pats game they playing shels this week in fact check out them both!

Only team around you that don't have anything to play for in the league is rovers so all the rest should give ya competitive games!

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 11:30pm

Hi,
Thanks.

We have  afair few North Dublin supporters. It would probably be handier to get to Drogheda anyway.

Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 7:14am
2 seasons ago I brought my lil brother, he was 14 at the time, to each Dublin derby and after them all I told him to choose a side as it was important that he supported a LOI club. He chose Shels after seeing them being spanked 4-0 by Rovers in Tallaght. He now travels the length of the country with his mate supporting them

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 8:23am

Hi,
Thanks.

keeling you are more than welcome along to Dalymount.  There is a decent group of us here that go.   Drop me a pm if you like. 

YBIG definitely has a new Shels fan

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Exactly i'm sure our national team is supported by gangsters, drug dealers, wife beaters, politicans etc. but thats no reason no to support them.........

LOL

I also know for a fact that there are bankers that follow the team as well.

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 3:15pm

Wow. Thats like boasting you can beat up your little sister.

Yes, the cork fan was boasting on behalf of Bohs? Confused I'm starting to worry about your reading abilities, he was giving advice to the original poster who is closest to Bohs/Shels and was looking to decide which to attend.....

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Hi,
Thanks.

LOL  

Saint Tom told me that you used to down with him to St pats.  What happened there.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Peake
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 4:54pm

They are barstoolers.

Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

2 seasons ago I brought my lil brother, he was 14 at the time, to each Dublin derby and after them all I told him to choose a side as it was important that he supported a LOI club. He chose Shels after seeing them being spanked 4-0 by Rovers in Tallaght. He now travels the length of the country with his mate supporting them

ClapClapClap

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 5:11pm

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Hi,
Thanks.

LOL  

Saint Tom told me that you used to down with him to St pats.  What happened there.  

I still go the odd Pats game, (should go more as it's only 10 minutes away) the Camac end wasn't for me prefer the stands and sitting on me hole. If Pat's are gonna win the league, I'll buy a jersey and go to the last home game of the season and reminisce about all the glorious days of the pastBig smile

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by Peake Peake wrote:

They are barstoolers.

ClapClapClap

People who go to watch live football games are called barstoolers?

Makes a lot of sense.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 5:31pm

They are barstoolers.

ClapClapClap

Makes a lot of sense.

Just because you sing Karoke does not make you a singer.  Wink

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 5:43pm

The mong aint fishing, he is just a clueless ****

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 5:45pm

The mong aint fishing, he is just a clueless ****

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: Flanno7hi
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 5:46pm
Go to your closest team and support them.

If they do get relegated, you'll have great craic next year anyway.

Football isn't only about supporting the team that will be most successful. 

-------------
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 5:47pm

They are barstoolers.

ClapClapClap

Makes a lot of sense.

One live match , you f**king twink.

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 5:49pm

They are barstoolers.

ClapClapClap

Makes a lot of sense.

One live match , you f**king twink.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Q-Man the Scientist's bitch.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 6:58pm
ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 9:32pm
The gas thing is horsecox thinks he is winning the argument

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 9:41pm

The gas thing is horsecox thinks he is winning the argument

It's not an argument.

I gave my opinion, some people agreed and others didn't.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 10:51pm
Yet you keep on giving it, again and again and again

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 11:10pm
I just find it amazing someone would actively discourage someone from trying the Friday night experience  because they have seen a few teenagers in Stone Island gear ,extremely weak argument and I can for one rubbish his suggestion that anyone trying Bohs on a Friday night  would experience anything other than a warm welcome.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 12:07am
They would get a warm welcome anywhere. The idea that a first timer got 'barstooler' chanted at them is so ludicrous it's untrue. The ***t needs banning off this section

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 2:28am

They would get a warm welcome anywhere. The idea that a first timer got 'barstooler' chanted at them is so ludicrous it's untrue. The ***t needs banning off this section
Well said

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 4:53am
I'm actually not sure whether to post this or not in case it's the best fishing rod thread on here in years...but here goes.....Horsey, we went to the Rovers game against Copenhagen, complete newcomers to Tallaght (home section for me) biggest game they had in years. None of us cheering Rovers as such although it was a European game and we wanted them to win. Nobody said a word to us. ( cheers Gerk for the tickets). Fast forward a few years, I went with walls and trapped to Bohs v drogs a couple of weeks ago......not a word said to me although I haven't been in dalyer since mons did Bohs 2-1. I'm going to Bohs v rovers tomorrow night with trapped..and I guarantee nothing will be said to me.i really call bullsh*t or at least exaggeration

RTID I really hope your mates call you Krusty, because you really are a clown.

To the OP, pm me lad, wel do a neutral tour of grounds, have a scoop and then you can make your mind up

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 8:49am

Maybe you should take some time out and reflect on your own posts.
Every week somebody is pulling you up on something.

Your an absolute bluffer of the highest order.

Just to clarify nobody chanted this at me. See below. I'm not basing my opinions on one match either.

Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

I'm actually not sure whether to post this or not in case it's the best fishing rod thread on here in years...but here goes.....Horsey, we went to the Rovers game against Copenhagen, complete newcomers to Tallaght (home section for me) biggest game they had in years. None of us cheering Rovers as such although it was a European game and we wanted them to win. Nobody said a word to us. ( cheers Gerk for the tickets). Fast forward a few years, I went with walls and trapped to Bohs v drogs a couple of weeks ago......not a word said to me although I haven't been in dalyer since mons did Bohs 2-1. I'm going to Bohs v rovers tomorrow night with trapped..and I guarantee nothing will be said to me.i really call bullsh*t or at least exaggeration

To the OP, pm me lad, wel do a neutral tour of grounds, have a scoop and then you can make your mind up

Let me clarify -
Some clown standing beside me spent about 5 minutes just shouting barstooler at the opposite stand . It was not directed at my but I was standing beside him going is he for real?

I came in to this section out of boredom to provoke a reaction and I got one

Because I knew the LOI supporters would be out with their 'chip on shoulder' attitude.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 8:55am
Fine line between coming on here and 'provoking a reaction' and plain old wumming

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 8:57am
You do it on a regular basis so get off your high horse.

It's a public forum where people express their opinion, I expressed mine and I stand by my comments.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 8:59am
ah who gives a f**k , at the end of the day i hope the opening poster enjoys whatever games he goes to , fellas measuring their dicks out again

-------------

Posted By: jinky
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 9:05am

They are barstoolers.

ClapClapClap

Makes a lot of sense.
so all the Irish fans who didn't go to cardiff are barstoolers

-------------
tir gan teanga ,tir gan anam

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 9:12am
Knock it off you shower of oul wans.........

-------------

Posted By: sausy
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 10:26am

I'm actually not sure whether to post this or not in case it's the best fishing rod thread on here in years...but here goes.....Horsey, we went to the Rovers game against Copenhagen, complete newcomers to Tallaght (home section for me) biggest game they had in years. None of us cheering Rovers as such although it was a European game and we wanted them to win.

Get you facts right, Horsey was up at the Belgrade game too.

-------------
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 10:31am
Get along to Dalymount tonight Opening Poster.  Massive gave against Shamrock Rovers.  Huge game for Bohs.  Struggling against relegation.   

It says a lot about our terrible season that the highlight so far has been the last minute goal out in Tallaght.  

Defeat tonight and I fear we are doomed, but if we win, who knows.   

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 12:24pm

Maybe you should take some time out and reflect on your own posts.
Every week somebody is pulling you up on something.

Your an absolute bluffer of the highest order.

Just to clarify nobody chanted this at me. See below. I'm not basing my opinions on one match either.

Let me clarify -
Some clown standing beside me spent about 5 minutes just shouting barstooler at the opposite stand . It was not directed at my but I was standing beside him going is he for real?

Because I knew the LOI supporters would be out with their 'chip on shoulder' attitude.

As I said, decent fishing rod

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

I'm actually not sure whether to post this or not in case it's the best fishing rod thread on here in years...but here goes.....Horsey, we went to the Rovers game against Copenhagen, complete newcomers to Tallaght (home section for me) biggest game they had in years. None of us cheering Rovers as such although it was a European game and we wanted them to win.

Get you facts right, Horsey was up at the Belgrade game too.

I sit on the big white telephone corrected.

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 12:29pm

Get along to Dalymount tonight Opening Poster.  Massive gave against Shamrock Rovers.  Huge game for Bohs.  Struggling against relegation.   

It says a lot about our terrible season that the highlight so far has been the last minute goal out in Tallaght.  

Defeat tonight and I fear we are doomed, but if we win, who knows.   

Can't remember the last time we scored more than 1 at Dalymount in a match, so we're due a) more than one goal b) a win in Dalyer and c) a performance to be proud of.

Scoreless draw so. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 12:51pm

anyone can say this once it is proved they are talking sh*te, yet this forum laps it up, enjoy your hobby though

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 4:28pm

Well - theres 6 pages of reasons not to support a Dublin team.

See ye at the Brandywell some time OP Big smile

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net