You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drug smuggling - Peru two

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 30>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Mr. Paranoid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Portal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 5:08pm
I take back what I said about RTE.  26 pages on here means the level of interest is huge.  Fair play to them for having the finger on the national pulse Clap
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Originally posted by greenarmy greenarmy wrote:

I can't understand why the other one from Scotland has remained in prison? Always thought when you are a foreigner released on parole in a country like Peru, that translates into get the fcuk out of the country by any means necessary and never come back. 

She didn't apply for parole, she wants to transfer to Scotland. The nordie applied for  parole but has to stay in Peru until the sentence ends.

Strange law. You would think the authorities would want them out of the country once they are out of jail.

I dont know why the Scottish one wants to go to jail in Scotland. Surely its better getting out of jail even if it means having to stay in Peru for the rest of your sentence than simply doing your time in Scotland   
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 5:32pm
haha was thinking the same. 

3 years swanning around Peru or 3 years in HMS Barlinnie

Surely not the hardest decision ever
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 5:40pm
Would agree with the people saying that people make some bad decisions but deserve the chance to make amends and turn their lives around. 
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

Shes involved in a trade that heaps misery on untold amounts of people

As I said to a ex mate who got 7 years here for the same sh*t, f**k rite off and rot in whatever hole you are put in

LOL LOL

You don't volunteer on the Samaritans hotline during the evenings do you? 

in probably harsh but that's how I feel on it. Bastard destroyed his sister's life for years.cars burnt out,house constantly attacked,she and her fella threatened and afraid to go our ay night. Only way she got where she is today is the ****s doing it are all dead now
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

As I said to a ex mate who got 7 years here for the same sh*t, f**k rite off and rot in whatever hole you are put in
Do you say that in your local every Friday night? Do you go into the bookies to tell them that at the weekend?Confused

Exactly, strange view on it Erimus.

erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Do you say that in your local every Friday night? Do you go into the bookies to tell them that at the weekend?Confused

I find it more strange that people are trying to class the supply of alcohol and gambling as being the same as drug trafficking.

I have my views on drugs, don't expect it to be accepted by all but we all have our own views on everything in life

ROLL ON 2016
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 6:58pm

Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

I find it more strange that people are trying to class the supply of alcohol and gambling as being the same as drug trafficking.

I have my views on drugs, don't expect it to be accepted by all but we all have our own views on everything in life

Am amazed myself to read the soft response on here to this womans actions. She was caught smuggling 1.5million quid worth of cocaine. She wan't in the local bookies or pub taking my bet or serving me my pint.

Granted she has done her time, whether people think that is long enough is another debate. To compare what she did though to what bookies and pubs do is silly imo. I'm well versed on the problems of drinking and gambling, both personally and through friends and family. So I'm not trying to downplay the consequences of what goes on around them at all.

These 2 women are a different ballpark altogether though. The fact that they consistently lied about what happened also should be taken into account. On the journalists article posted earlier on here, I can see why she would be called an auld Maud Flanders. At the same time though, she has a couple of points I'd very much agree with - mainly the fact that these were young decent looking girls caught and that colours the perception of everything. If these were 2 20 year old lads from a drug gang in Dublin/Cork/Limerick, would there be an ounce of sympathy in the media when reporting on it? 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 7:35pm
If it was here, she'd likely have got at least ten years. And that's probably a minimum, even if she was just a mule, and even if she was Peruvian.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Originally posted by greenarmy greenarmy wrote:

I can't understand why the other one from Scotland has remained in prison? Always thought when you are a foreigner released on parole in a country like Peru, that translates into get the fcuk out of the country by any means necessary and never come back. 

She didn't apply for parole, she wants to transfer to Scotland. The nordie applied for  parole but has to stay in Peru until the sentence ends.

Strange law. You would think the authorities would want them out of the country once they are out of jail.

I dont know why the Scottish one wants to go to jail in Scotland. Surely its better getting out of jail even if it means having to stay in Peru for the rest of your sentence than simply doing your time in Scotland   

Was reading Paul Keany's book "Cocaine Diaries". He got locked up in Venezuela for the same thing and the parole issue seems to be the same there. They've to serve a minimum 18 months before being considered for parole and if they get it then they have to stay with a local family and work for a few years before being allowed leave the country. He just legged to Colombia and flew home from there.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 9:43pm
i wonder if ibiza regulars think pills and cocaine bring misery to the island.

hardly infesting poverty stricken areas with crystal meth and heroin.

tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 10:33pm

You tell em chief!!

Ya cantankerous fooker.LOLLOLLOL

''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 11:33pm
Find myself wondering how many of those who are saying she should rot in jail have ever smoked hash / weed, took E's or a line of Coke?

How do youse think these recreational drugs get to this country?
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 11:45pm
Don't think many have said she should rot in jail at all. My own thinking is that she is a convicted criminal and rightly so, and as SuperDave points out she possibly would have got an even heavier sentence here. She has done her time though and fair enough she now has a chance to rebuild her life again.

I just find some of the comments on here and on other forums odd. It's almost like she is a victim or something because of the following reasons - she was young when she committed the crime, she is a she, and she ended up in a foreign prison in rough conditions. I simply just don't have any sympathy at all for her. Her story was clearly absolute nonsense when she was caught. Has she shown any remorse at all for what she did? Her motives were purely monetary, there were no other circumstances involved here.

Whether or not I do 40 lines of coke a day is neither here nor there imo. Just like bringing the bookies or the publicans into the argument. I don't see any logic behind that.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 11:53pm

You mustn't like publiacn and tobacoonists even less as their products kill more people and ruin more lives. 
#smashupyourlocalforjustice
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 12:10am
So you're classing a publican etc the same as drug dealers?

I've probably used a poor choice of words to express my views on the subject. But her or anyone else involved can rot in a ditch for all I care.

ROLL ON 2016
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 12:13am
In some ways yes. 

Drug dealer 
someone that sells a drug

Alcohol is a drug
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 12:17am
That's fair enough and I can see your point to a certain degree

As I've said previously, we all have our own views

ROLL ON 2016
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 30>
  Share Topic