You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prices in your local

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 21>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 12:53pm
Brought the GF over from england a while back to meet the family in shannon. The Knights was doing a deal 3 pints for a €10 and the lads were all impressed.

she was laughing her arse off, sure even in chester (which is expensive compared to the surrounding area) i can get pints for £2.

We get ripped off for drink in Ireland.

Although that said, the most expensive pint I've had was some lager in Paris in a hotel bar 11.50 for a pint and the f**ker kept pouring the top inch off before he gave it to me. (work was paying for it so I didn't care about the price really)

Edited by Flanno7hi - 08 Aug 2013 at 1:00pm
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 6:18pm
Pubs in the Area Guinness is €3.80-4 while lagers 4.20-4.30. 

McSwiggans in Galway City sell €3 pints of Guinness cheapest I've seen around.

Newest drink I've had is a wiki bomb, basically a jager bomb with blue wkd instead of Red Bull.
irish_stokey View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_stokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 7:15pm
Here in Stoke being charged anything more than £2.30/50 for a Lager and £3.00 for a Guinness would be considered Robbery!
COYBIG
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Brought the GF over from england a while back to meet the family in shannon. The Knights was doing a deal 3 pints for a €10 and the lads were all impressed.

she was laughing her arse off, sure even in chester (which is expensive compared to the surrounding area) i can get pints for £2.

Although that said, the most expensive pint I've had was some lager in Paris in a hotel bar 11.50 for a pint and the f**ker kept pouring the top inch off before he gave it to me. (work was paying for it so I didn't care about the price really)

Because they go by the half litre 500 on the continent.There's supposed to be a gap from the top.You probably didn't motice but there should be a white line at the side that marks 500ml  
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 7:27pm
Ya I paid I think 11 quid in Paris near the Eiffel Tower when I was getting grub the day of the play off. Scandalous. Dearest I paid was the team hotel in Kazakhstan. Nearly dropped when he told me how much in Kazaks it was. So much so I didnt have enough local currency on me but they took €(least they could fooking do charging that). I think it was €13 IIRC, about €11.50 more than in the local barsSick
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 7:48pm
18e for a pint of Guinness in a hotel in Seoul in 2005,could have been the Hyatt,not 100% sure.I wasn't buying so drank the one that was offered.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

So what did your parents think of Greenforever and his disco buses. 
AKA pedantic kunt
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 8:02pm
Wicked wolf blackrock €3.70 all pints every tues actually, drank there pretty much every tues over last year in college up the road, good deal
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 8:11pm
In a hotel in NY a couple of months ago paid $33 for a small glass of wine and a bottle of local beer , didn't have another Disapprove
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Ya I paid I think 11 quid in Paris near the Eiffel Tower when I was getting grub the day of the play off. Scandalous.

got stung in Paris  paid €12 for a pint the morning after the playoff.was too sick to argue just needed an eye opener.Made up for it paying €3.50 for the rest of the day in some boozer it was full of Irish lads and the manager keep that price all day to keep us there.Pints of Amstel but they were grand.

Edited by rossieman - 08 Aug 2013 at 8:15pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 5:10pm
Cat and Cage the local now

€4.40 Guinness
€4.80 rest
€10 pizza&pint

€3.50 all pints on sunday

The CatClap

Edited by nvidic - 09 Feb 2014 at 5:10pm
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

€4.40 Guinness
€4.80 rest
€10 pizza&pint

The CatClap

Is that the place beside St. Pat's ?
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 6:07pm
Pint bottle of bulmers in the Dubliner in Stockholm was around €12 as far as I remember
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

Pint bottle of bulmers in the Dubliner in Stockholm was around €12 as far as I remember

everywhere in Stockholm was mental dear except that Kelly's sh*thole.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

€4.40 Guinness
€4.80 rest
€10 pizza&pint

The CatClap

Is that the place beside St. Pat's ?

yep, only across the road from Pats
athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 7:17pm
My local was a real Guinness pub. Couldnt believe it recently when the staunchest of porter drinkers were all drinking Fosters. It was only €3.
Bar man put it up to €3.30 so their back on the Guiness at €4

Edited by athlonecelt - 09 Feb 2014 at 7:18pm
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 7:30pm
Fosters is some muck in fairness,we sell an Austrian local beer at €3.70 a pint which is our cheapest yet the Czech Kozel at €3.90 is by far the biggest seller.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 10:00pm

€4.40 Guinness
€4.80 rest
€10 pizza&pint

The CatClap
What are ya clapping for, that's robberyLOLLOL
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 21>
  Share Topic