Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=45243
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 8:41pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Prices in your local
Posted By: nvidic
Subject: Prices in your local
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 6:35pm
Whats your local charge? West way cheaper?

Beach House, Greystones

Mines;
Bottle Paulaner/Spatten 500ml €4
Guinness €4.70
Standard Lager €5 (Tiger 5.15)
Bulmers Pint Bottle €5.30
Picther Miller €12

Bacon Fries €1.50

Replies:
Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Whats your local charge? West way cheaper?

Mines;
Bottle Paulaner/Spatten 500ml €4
Guinness €4.70
Standard Lager €5 (Tiger 5.15)
Bulmers Pint Bottle €5.30
Picther Miller €12

Bacon Fries €1.50

Guinness €3.90
Standard Lager €4.40 .I think that's how much any of the lagers are,never drink them.A pint of tuborg is €3.
Bulmers Pint Bottle €4.90

Bacon Fries €1.

Posted By: deco911
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 6:49pm
guinness €4
lager €4.40
pint bottle €4.80

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 6:50pm
the reality is the further you go away from the brewing/distribution depot (e.g. Dublin or Cork) the cheaper the alcohol...why are they allowed to get away with it?  Confused

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 6:52pm
Local in Westport

Guinness €3.75
Carlsberg €4.20/30
Heineken  €4.20/30
Tayto 60cent
Bacon Fries 1.20 (roughly)

Cheapest and nicest pint of Guinness probably in Mayo 

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

the theory is the further you go away from the brewing/distribution depot (e.g. Dublin or Cork) the cheaper the alcohol...why are they allowed to get away with it?  Confused

Higher rent rates I'D imagine in these major urban centres 

-------------

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 6:56pm
Tuborg 3.90 that's all I know of

-------------
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Used to drink that pish in college. Do you drink it on draft? 

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

the theory is the further you go away from the brewing/distribution depot (e.g. Dublin or Cork) the cheaper the alcohol...why are they allowed to get away with it?  Confused

I get the fact that some premises are paying rent but a lot of pubs in Dublin are owned by the same folks for several generations and have no mortgage/rent. At the same time staff costs cannot be much greater in Dublin as in the West surely to justify the high prices.

For example I'm currently off the drink for medical reasons and after the faroes game I purchased a bottle of non-alcoholic beer in a pub in Dublin which cost me €5! That's roughly €1.50 more than I pay for the same non-alco beer in London.

So what other costs are there in Dublin that drive the price of a pint higher than the west. After all the alcohol has to be transported to the west too. 

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:05pm

If I was to go out drinking at home, straight to the pub club etc I could get well oiled for around €60-€80. It would probably double that in Dublin to have the same amount of drinks.

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

If I was to go out drinking at home, straight to the pub club etc I could get well oiled for around €60-€80. It would probably double that in Dublin to have the same amount of drinks.

did a crawl in dub fri, from what i can remember, for a pint of bulmers

Pygmallion €4.75
market bar €5.20
Mercantile €5.10, later €5.90

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:14pm

did a crawl in dub fri, from what i can remember, for a pint of bulmers

Pygmallion €4.75
market bar €5.20
Mercantile €5.10, later €5.90
Was paying €5 for pints of Carlsberg in Slattery's last Saturday. Can't remember what I was paying for drink in Diceys or Coppers but the bank balance was extremely slim the next morning.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:19pm
Sitting at the bar now, €4.40 Carlsberg and €4 for porter. Had a bag of King a while ago €1 for a huge kingsize bag, hard to bate the dinner for €1

Posted By: Andkend
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:19pm

I get the fact that some premises are paying rent but a lot of pubs in Dublin are owned by the same folks for several generations and have no mortgage/rent. At the same time staff costs cannot be much greater in Dublin as in the West surely to justify the high prices.

For example I'm currently off the drink for medical reasons and after the faroes game I purchased a bottle of non-alcoholic beer in a pub in Dublin which cost me €5! That's roughly €1.50 more than I pay for the same non-alco beer in London.

So what other costs are there in Dublin that drive the price of a pint higher than the west. After all the alcohol has to be transported to the west too. 

Most pubs in England are brewery owed - freehouses are not the norm - The breweries have exclusive sales of their product so its cheaper. In Ireland there are huge insurance costs, Public liability ( people claim alot in Ireland) - double pay on sundays, bank holidays - holiday pay e.t.c. - our minimum wage is way higher than england. 7.30euro per hour uk and 8.65 euro in Ireland. Ireland also abides by every crazy health and safety act that europe invents.

As well - I am sure many people borrowed in the good times to make renovations, beer gardens, smoking areas - facelift so most do have some sort of credit - hell an accountant would advise it as the interest can be used as a cost.

The service industry is very expensive in Ireland -

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:24pm
On a side note anyone a fan of green diesel? Can get a pint of it at home for a €10. Saves you from buying a vodka or shots as you can sip away on it and has the same effect as a few vodkas or sprits.  

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Andkend Andkend wrote:

Most pubs in England are brewery owed - freehouses are not the norm - The breweries have exclusive sales of their product so its cheaper. In Ireland there are huge insurance costs, Public liability ( people claim alot in Ireland) - double pay on sundays, bank holidays - holiday pay e.t.c. - our minimum wage is way higher than england. 7.30euro per hour uk and 8.65 euro in Ireland. Ireland also abides by every crazy health and safety act that europe invents.

As well - I am sure many people borrowed in the good times to make renovations, beer gardens, smoking areas - facelift so most do have some sort of credit - hell an accountant would advise it as the interest can be used as a cost.

But I'm not comparing England to Ireland.

The above lines highlighted in bold can apply to pubs whether they are Dublin, Cork or Donegal. 

So why is Dublin so much more expensive for say Guinness when the stuff is brewed in the City?

-------------

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:26pm

Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Used to drink that pish in college. Do you drink it on draft? 

Decent pint. A bit heady though

-------------
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:27pm

On a side note anyone a fan of green diesel? Can get a pint of it at home for a €10. Saves you from buying a vodka or shots as you can sip away on it and has the same effect as a few vodkas or sprits.  

Whats it that? would drink skittles odd time, smirnoff ice, 2 southern comfort, red lemonade in pint glass

Incidentally, dew drop cheapest pint I've ever had (bar O'Reilly's), round €3.60 mark

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:37pm
My local at home is.

Stout €3.90
Lager €4.20

Local in London is

Stout £3.40
Lager £3.70

Posted By: shoggy
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:39pm
Pints £2.50
5 bottles of any beer £10
2 shorts and mixed £5

Have change from 30quid most nights!

-------------
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else!

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:40pm

Whats it that? would drink skittles odd time, smirnoff ice, 2 southern comfort, red lemonade in pint glass

Incidentally, dew drop cheapest pint I've ever had (bar O'Reilly's), round €3.60 mark
2 southern comfort and a blue wkd.

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:46pm

a fan of the rocket diesel meself double southern comfort with a dash of west coast cooler

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Sitting at the bar now, €4.40 Carlsberg and €4 for porter. Had a bag of King a while ago €1 for a huge kingsize bag, hard to bate the dinner for €1

Good to read that your new Healthy Lifestyle is continuing in style

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:49pm
4.30 for a Guinness in the Belgard.  Mrs gets a large of bottle of Prosecco in the Offy next door which you can bring into the lounge.  Prosecco usually 8-9 euro, sometimes they'll charge the 4 quid for corkage, but as we'd be regulars, staff normally on the ball don't charge the corkage. Thumbs Up

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: dundon13
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:51pm

Skittles and Green Diesel, sounds like ive 2 new drinks to try this weekend.

As for prices, my 3 local pubs are fairly crap so I normally head into to the city and I normally just drink whatevers cheapest

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by shoggy shoggy wrote:

Pints £2.50
5 bottles of any beer £10
2 shorts and mixed £5

Have change from 30quid most nights!
You's have your own alcohol laundering plant there too?

Pints £3.20
Guiness £3(or could be £3.10)
Vodka's about £2.70 I think (usually dont bother asking price as to wasted by time on them)

Know the prices are up recently due to insurance costs and fact the bar has some connection to diego 

5 miles away in portaferry(not somewhere I would often frequent these days) recently found out pints are only £2.60 Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

a fan of the rocket diesel meself double southern comfort with a dash of west coast cooler
Deco EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
Seany do ye's still drink that sh*te down there?

-------------

Posted By: Rostrevor Fan
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:59pm
Pints of Carlsberg / stout/ smithwicks etc £2.80
Bottles of Bud/Coors etc £2.80
Pint bottles of Magners £3.50
All Shorts £2.20
Crisps 60p
Soft Drink £1.30
Mixers £1.10

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

double southy and the dash of west coast cooler some rocket fuel il show u at sweden game

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Good to read that your new Healthy Lifestyle is continuing in style

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 8:06pm

Originally posted by Andkend Andkend wrote:

But I'm not comparing England to Ireland.

The above lines highlighted in bold can apply to pubs whether they are Dublin, Cork or Donegal. 

So why is Dublin so much more expensive for say Guinness when the stuff is brewed in the City?

sorry i focused on this line - an't make bold

For example I'm currently off the drink for medical reasons and after the faroes game I purchased a bottle of non-alcoholic beer in a pub in Dublin which cost me €5! That's roughly €1.50 more than I pay for the same non-alco beer in London.

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 8:07pm
You can keep it Deco, would rather drink the slops at the end of the night Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Blue wkd? They seem to have it in bars wherever I go so somebody drinks it. Would only have it myself with a green diesel.

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 8:10pm
donegal must be one the cheapest place to drink in. bar id be in most have several largers at €3 fosters,carling,tuborg) do double vodka and mixer €5 and even the more popular draft beers are around €4.10. not sure price of bulmers or guiness but will look next time im in

would be a fan of green diesel as well seany as well as the jagger bombs. most places up here do 3/4 jaggers for €10. and 1 the nightclubs has introduced a bomb bar with all drinks €3 at in 

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: Metal Paul
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 8:18pm
Guinness 3.90 (4.70)
Bud/Heineken/Bulmers 4.40 (5.00)
Carlsberg 4.30 (5.00)
Tuborg 3.00 (all the time)
Large Bulmers 5.20 (5.90)
Bottled lager/cider 4.50 (5.00)
Bar snacks €1 
Late prices in brackets. 

-------------
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 8:38pm
this is interesting

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Ireland&city1=Cork&country2=Ireland&city2=Dublin" rel="nofollow - http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Ireland&city1=Cork&country2=Ireland&city2=Dublin

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Ireland&city1=Dublin&country2=Ireland&city2=Galway" rel="nofollow - http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Ireland&city1=Dublin&country2=Ireland&city2=Galway

Posted By: coleman's
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 8:53pm
3.10 pints of Tenants, 3.25 tuborg/fosters, guinness 4.20, other lager 4.60.
On the other hand can get a baileys and brandy (a fine drink) for 5.40!

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 9:12pm
Guinness ( best Guinness iv ever had) - 3.90
Bud/ Heino monkey piss - 4.20
Pint bottle cider - 4.70 I think
Crisps - Free. I don't pay for them because I give them enough money as it is

Posted By: Slow & Blind
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 9:18pm
Local bar : £3:80 to £4:20 for lager(budvar and nelson mandella) £3:20 to £3:60 for real ale.(3.8% to 6.5%)

Where I usually drink for football: £1:85 for carling

5 minute difference when walking but the £1:85 has tv's for sport but the local has no tv's but good music .

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

I never understand people that go out of their way to slate another drink cos they don't like it, I wouldn't drink Guinness cos I don't enjoy the taste of it but wouldn't bother my hole slating it, each to their own I suppose.

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

I never understand people that go out of their way to slate another drink cos they don't like it, I wouldn't drink Guinness cos I don't enjoy the taste of it but wouldn't bother my hole slating it, each to their own I suppose.

Indeed........Coors Light anyone?

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 9:42pm

What do you not understand Confused. The bud and heinoken are piss in my local. I often drink them in other bars when the Guinness is piss

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 9:48pm

What do you not understand Confused. The bud and heinoken are piss in my local. I often drink them in other bars when the Guinness is piss

Your post implied a general dislike for the drinks.

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Indeed........Coors Light anyone?

Bottle please SH

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

Local bar : £3:80 to £4:20 for lager(budvar and nelson mandella) £3:20 to £3:60 for real ale.(3.8% to 6.5%)

5 minute difference when walking but the £1:85 has tv's for sport but the local has no tv's but good music .

feckin hell that lager's expensive for the north east.That's similar to London prices

-------------

Posted By: Slow & Blind
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 10:40pm

Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

feckin hell that lager's expensive for the north east.That's similar to London prices

Most decent pubs in the centre of town are £3:20 to £4 for a pint of lager . Huge variance in price from pub to pub though .

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 10:41pm
Pint of coors 5.10 absolute rip off haven't drank there in bout 2 months

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 6:28am
Tuborg 3.30 at home...The only way!Most bars round me in NYC's pints are 6/7 without a tip. Dont mindpaying it for a nice IPA but not for piss like bud lite. Can get lots of special offers places though

Posted By: flick
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 8:00am
Do people actually care about the price of a pint? The price wouldnt bother me at all I know im going to pay between €4 - €6 for a pint or pint bottle so wouldnt even cross me to find out what the actual price is

-------------
GWAN YBIG

Posted By: UCDFAN
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 8:17am
Originally posted by flick flick wrote:

Do people actually care about the price of a pint? The price wouldnt bother me at all I know im going to pay between €4 - €6 for a pint or pint bottle so wouldnt even cross me to find out what the actual price is

When I'm anticipating the Gallon, then yes it's a factor.  I would hope there even a pretense of Price resistance among some Irish-based consumers.  I have wee chat with staff about product and price ranges when I'm in a new place.

-------------
www.ucdsupporters.ie

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 9:50am
no idea what the prices are in my local , i have a tab and when it gets too high they facebook me and i come down and settle up.

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 10:11am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

no idea what the prices are in my local , i have a tab and when it gets too high they facebook me and i come down and settle up.

WTF

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 10:16am

WTF

i literally havent a clue what they charge LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 10:43am

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 10:58am

1st question I ask when I go into a pub is what is your cheapest pint. 

€2*Say 10 pints on avg a week for arguments sake*52= Over a grand in the course of a year you'll have thrown away if thats how you look at itConfused Obviously if you see the €6 pint in whatever pub worth it ahead of a €4 pint in the same pub or other establishment fair enough

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

€2*Say 10 pints on avg a week for arguments sake*52= Over a grand in the course of a year you'll have thrown away if thats how you look at itConfused

good man kerrzy , whats your cheapest pint LOL

-------------

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 10:59am

WTF

i literally havent a clue what they charge LOL

You gotta love the Germans.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 11:02am

€2*Say 10 pints on avg a week for arguments sake*52= Over a grand in the course of a year you'll have thrown away if thats how you look at itConfused

€1.90, 5er for a pitcher, how long is yoursLOL

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 11:10am

€1.90, 5er for a pitcher, how long is yoursLOL

no concern for taste at all , always lager ?

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 11:14am

no concern for taste at all , always lager ?

Not much concern, the cheapest lager will do. Find all lagers in Ireland sh*te TBH. €3.80 in my local Fosters is cheapest. If I spend more it'll be on a pint of porterThumbs Up 

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 11:14am

something seriously wrong if you walk into a pub and they're the first words outta your mouth

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 11:20am

Not much concern, the cheapest lager will do. Find all lagers in Ireland sh*te TBH.

you mad hoor LOL surely the idea is to drink a drink you like LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 11:22am

Not much concern, the cheapest lager will do. Find all lagers in Ireland sh*te TBH.

you mad hoor LOL surely the idea is to drink a drink you like LOL

Dont get me wrong I like lager but I dont have an overriding preference that is worth an extra € a pint anyway.

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 11:46am
Tuborg is not bad if you its getting a good run and at a € cheaper than the others that'll do for me. But because its so cheaper people have a bizarre aversion to it so it rarely gets a good run, yet the same people will drink in particular pubs to save 10/20c on a pint and drink tuborg/karpackie at home.

In one pub near me, when they actually get a decent run on Tuborg they used to pretend the Tuborg had run out and people would have to change to Carlsberg..........Angry

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Posted By: Metal Paul
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 1:56pm
€3 a pint for the staff where I work. So we don't have to worry about the price of a pint. Cool 

-------------
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."

Posted By: Tippbiffo
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 10:21pm
€3 for any pint of beer/cider including bottles on a Thursday and Friday at paddy blues in Gorey. Not so bad!

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 7:49am
Jones in Clane is 4€ for a pint, i have been in Russia since Saturday, cheapest pint i have seen so far works out at about 3.50€.

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Jones in Clane is 4€ for a pint, i have been in Russia since Saturday, cheapest pint i have seen so far works out at about 3.50€.

paid nearly 10 quid for a pint in sheremetyevo with the walls on the way to yerevan , was a tasty pint though LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 9:02am

paid nearly 10 quid for a pint in sheremetyevo with the walls on the way to yerevan , was a tasty pint though LOL

Feck! Voronezh seems dirt cheap after hearing that, Baltica beer is pure muck, there have been a few decent pints though but i never seem to remember what they are called , , went to a Soviet style cafe the other night, they gave me a shot of some stuff that tasted like Horseraddish tasted horrible but would get ya locked in no time!

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 9:04am

Feck! Voronezh seems dirt cheap after hearing that, Baltica beer is pure muck, there have been a few decent pints though but i never seem to remember what they are called , , went to a Soviet style cafe the other night, they gave me a shot of some stuff that tasted like Horseraddish tasted horrible but would get ya locked in no time!

dint have any russian money, he took euros and gave me euros back , shafted!
it wasnt baltica , i think it just had a number ! was tasty , slept the whole way to yerevan

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 9:05am

Similar on Domodedova on that trip. 6.5 hour stopover, thankfully some lad on the scam4scam charter stumped for me and Sausy. after that it was the remainder of the duty free cans and a snooze.

Dearest I paid was €15 in Paris for the playoff while waiting on the cheap place to open. Sovietsky in Moscow was pricey too

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 9:08am

Similar on Domodedova on that trip. 6.5 hour stopover, thankfully some lad on the scam4scam charter stumped for me and Sausy. after that it was the remainder of the duty free cans and a snooze.

Dearest I paid was €15 in Paris for the playoff while waiting on the cheap place to open. Sovietsky in Moscow was pricey too

Sovietsky I recall being £9 a pint but a white russian was £2.50. Citizen and Ireland_4_Ever can vouch for my state flying home. Jaysus...

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Posted By: Flanno7hi
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 12:53pm
Brought the GF over from england a while back to meet the family in shannon. The Knights was doing a deal 3 pints for a €10 and the lads were all impressed.

she was laughing her arse off, sure even in chester (which is expensive compared to the surrounding area) i can get pints for £2.

We get ripped off for drink in Ireland.

Although that said, the most expensive pint I've had was some lager in Paris in a hotel bar 11.50 for a pint and the f**ker kept pouring the top inch off before he gave it to me. (work was paying for it so I didn't care about the price really)

-------------
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 6:18pm
Pubs in the Area Guinness is €3.80-4 while lagers 4.20-4.30. 

McSwiggans in Galway City sell €3 pints of Guinness cheapest I've seen around.

Newest drink I've had is a wiki bomb, basically a jager bomb with blue wkd instead of Red Bull.

Posted By: irish_stokey
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 7:15pm
Here in Stoke being charged anything more than £2.30/50 for a Lager and £3.00 for a Guinness would be considered Robbery!

-------------
COYBIG

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Brought the GF over from england a while back to meet the family in shannon. The Knights was doing a deal 3 pints for a €10 and the lads were all impressed.

she was laughing her arse off, sure even in chester (which is expensive compared to the surrounding area) i can get pints for £2.

Although that said, the most expensive pint I've had was some lager in Paris in a hotel bar 11.50 for a pint and the f**ker kept pouring the top inch off before he gave it to me. (work was paying for it so I didn't care about the price really)

Because they go by the half litre 500 on the continent.There's supposed to be a gap from the top.You probably didn't motice but there should be a white line at the side that marks 500ml  

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 7:27pm
Ya I paid I think 11 quid in Paris near the Eiffel Tower when I was getting grub the day of the play off. Scandalous. Dearest I paid was the team hotel in Kazakhstan. Nearly dropped when he told me how much in Kazaks it was. So much so I didnt have enough local currency on me but they took €(least they could fooking do charging that). I think it was €13 IIRC, about €11.50 more than in the local barsSick

Posted By: kimbap
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 7:48pm
18e for a pint of Guinness in a hotel in Seoul in 2005,could have been the Hyatt,not 100% sure.I wasn't buying so drank the one that was offered.

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

So what did your parents think of Greenforever and his disco buses. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 8:02pm
Wicked wolf blackrock €3.70 all pints every tues actually, drank there pretty much every tues over last year in college up the road, good deal

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 8:11pm
In a hotel in NY a couple of months ago paid $33 for a small glass of wine and a bottle of local beer , didn't have another Disapprove

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 8:13pm

Ya I paid I think 11 quid in Paris near the Eiffel Tower when I was getting grub the day of the play off. Scandalous.

got stung in Paris  paid €12 for a pint the morning after the playoff.was too sick to argue just needed an eye opener.Made up for it paying €3.50 for the rest of the day in some boozer it was full of Irish lads and the manager keep that price all day to keep us there.Pints of Amstel but they were grand.

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 5:10pm
Cat and Cage the local now

€4.40 Guinness
€4.80 rest
€10 pizza&pint

€3.50 all pints on sunday

The CatClap

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 6:02pm

€4.40 Guinness
€4.80 rest
€10 pizza&pint

The CatClap

Is that the place beside St. Pat's ?

Posted By: Max Power
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 6:07pm
Pint bottle of bulmers in the Dubliner in Stockholm was around €12 as far as I remember

-------------
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

Pint bottle of bulmers in the Dubliner in Stockholm was around €12 as far as I remember

everywhere in Stockholm was mental dear except that Kelly's sh*thole.

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

€4.40 Guinness
€4.80 rest
€10 pizza&pint

The CatClap

Is that the place beside St. Pat's ?

yep, only across the road from Pats

Posted By: athlonecelt
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 7:17pm
My local was a real Guinness pub. Couldnt believe it recently when the staunchest of porter drinkers were all drinking Fosters. It was only €3.
Bar man put it up to €3.30 so their back on the Guiness at €4

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 7:30pm
Fosters is some muck in fairness,we sell an Austrian local beer at €3.70 a pint which is our cheapest yet the Czech Kozel at €3.90 is by far the biggest seller.

-------------

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 10:00pm

€4.40 Guinness
€4.80 rest
€10 pizza&pint

The CatClap
What are ya clapping for, that's robberyLOLLOL

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

€4.40 Guinness
€4.80 rest
€10 pizza&pint

The CatClap

pub beside it is €5.30 bulmers and €5.70 some pints, anything under a fiver in Dublin is decent

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 10:14pm
Unless there is a huge difference in price it doesn't really bother me, 8 pints @ €4.80 which is €38.40 or else 8pints @ €5.10 which is €40.80, I wouldn't notice the €2.40 in my pocket that's for sure, be a different story if I was drinking every day but for a sociable drinker small difference in prices would never influence where I drink.

Posted By: daboi89
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 11:37pm
4 .10 for stout and 4.60 for everything else

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 11:52pm

Unless there is a huge difference in price it doesn't really bother me, 8 pints @ €4.80 which is €38.40 or else 8pints @ €5.10 which is €40.80, I wouldn't notice the €2.40 in my pocket that's for sure, be a different story if I was drinking every day but for a sociable drinker small difference in prices would never influence where I drink.

same as that Sono,doesn't bother me if I end up paying a few quid extra depending where I am.If I end up spending a fiver or so more a night it wont make a huge difference.
My own local is €4 for a pint.Most expensive around my way is €4.10 was paying that and more 5 years ago when I lived in Dublin.
What is the average price of guinness in Dublin pubs now?

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 1:49am

€4.40 Guinness
€4.80 rest
€10 pizza&pint

The CatClap

pub beside it is €5.30 bulmers and €5.70 some pints, anything under a fiver in Dublin is decent
€4:80 a pint is what I'd expect to pay in town in Cork. That said, I do hear that drink in Dublin is very high alright.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 7:41am

€4.40 Guinness
€4.80 rest
€10 pizza&pint

The CatClap

€4:80 a pint is what I'd expect to pay in town in Cork. That said, I do hear that drink in Dublin is very high alright.

if that's what you'd expect to pay in cork how is it robbery in Dublin?Confused

Posted By: da scientist
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 8:06am
$10 in my local for any aussie sh*te which is about 6.70 euro. 

-------------
The main thing is not to panic

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 8:07am

€4.40 Guinness
€4.80 rest
€10 pizza&pint

The CatClap

if that's what you'd expect to pay in cork how is it robbery in Dublin?Confused

€4.80 for a pint in the city centre I think he means. €4.80 is fairly expensive considering the c&c is not in city centre. I'd imagine that's the average price of a pint in Drumcondra though?

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 8:22am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

same as that Sono,doesn't bother me if I end up paying a few quid extra depending where I am.If I end up spending a fiver or so more a night it wont make a huge difference.
My own local is €4 for a pint.Most expensive around my way is €4.10 was paying that and more 5 years ago when I lived in Dublin.
What is the average price of guinness in Dublin pubs now?

It'd be around the 4.40 mark. Higher and its expensive. Cheaper and its good value.

Out of principle I try to avoid the publicans that go out of their way to rip you off. Obviously it happens and you wont feel it in your pocket if its only a couple of quid over the night but there are places you are charged a 5er for a stout and thats an 80c difference. Local is 4.20 in the bar and 4.40 in the lounge.

Posted By: Stillhuntinghenry
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 9:51am
£2.50 MON-friday
£3 sat/sun

The Brits

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net