You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stag

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Lads, heading to Carlingford this weekend for a stag do, 40 odd of us. What is the set up in the town for drinking, is it just a few large pubs or what? Is there a night club in it? Any early houses?
god help Carlingford with that Pikey invasion
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Lads, heading to Carlingford this weekend for a stag do, 40 odd of us. What is the set up in the town for drinking, is it just a few large pubs or what? Is there a night club in it? Any early houses?

LOL
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 5:45pm
Best of luck getting 40 blokes into a boozer up there
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 5:54pm
Booked this place for a stag last year - has a pool table, jukebox etc and sleeps 32. It's about a 5 min taxi into the town then. It's some spot.

As for Carlingford itself, there's a few decent boozers alright and we didn't have too much hassle with our group which was about 30 people. There's no niteclub and no early house as far as I'm aware.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 6:27pm
that’s a fine gaff
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 6:28pm
“Tranquility lodge” for 30 odd lads on a stag LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I was on a stag in Westport last year - great spot. Would definitely recommend it.
Stayed in some bar/hostel type place with a grumpy owner who was also quite the character.

Dunnings I'd say. An absolute headcase that fella!

That was the one! Yeah he's some man. Ideal set up there for a stag really.

It was a perfect set up for a stag but he was known to run lads out of it for no particular other than he just didn't like the look of them LOL. It was on the go for years, was Mayo's first internet cafe too! Sold up now though. It's still a pub but I'm not sure if they still do the B&B. 

Dunnings was a grand spot especially if you weren't too fussy about the standard of accommodation.
Stayed in it a few times,owner was alright but could see it wouldnt take much for him to freak outLOL
Early house as well so that always helps 

The owner passed away last week Cry

An absolute character and unintentionally funny. One of the trip advisor reviews:

After mistakenly choosing this dive because of it's central location, I decided to have lunch even though there were a few football teams rowdily drinking outside and in. After going downstairs to the restaurant I patiently waited for 10 minutes while the over-worked server moved tables after a large group left - I helped her. The Burger Bun dissolved upon the first few bites, fries were dry and awful, and the salad had literally a tblsp of THICK Mayo (?) dumped on the dry lettuce leaves. I couldn't finish either the fries, brgr, or salad and just wanted to leave. The waitress told me that she couldn't get me the bill (?!) and that I had to go upstairs to the pub to get it. After waiting another 5 minutes just to get the bill (!) for the disastrous lunch that I DIDN'T even eat, the owner (rudest man I've ever met in my life) started swearing at me in a loud voice yelling, "What's your problem? Then started screaming at the top of his lungs over the bar full of people - and slurring his words (probably drunk?) I was almost speechless, and after attempting to tell him my misfortunes, started swearing at me in the most offensive language possible. I stood there waiting for my change, then to top things off the other bartender ripped me off and wouldn't give me my change!!! I've never been so ticked off with EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of a dining experience in my life!! Funny cause when I asked MANY locals they said, "O - why on earth did you go THERE?! That owner is horrendous and swears and screams at all his customers!! So, at least the locals all know about this piece of work. lol. Unbelievable how ppl like this even stay in business. Please don't waste your time, money or energy. Places and owners like this should be shut down.

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 8:53pm

Whatever you do, don't make it obvious that you are on a stag. It's full of class small pubs. PJ O'Hares is a late bar, so is Taaffe's but if 40 of you all rock up to either of them past 8 or 9 you have no chance. Pub crawl during the day but then set up shop in one of the above and stay there. O'Hares does good food too.

If you happen to be staying in McKevitt's Hotel, they've a 'disco' and serve late.

You are on a golf trip, not a stag!!! Wink
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

madness Wink
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 4:04am
Carlingford's a great spot, the pubs are literally a stone's throw away from each other. Can't remember the name of this place, but it's up the hill to the right of Taaffe's. Any way, a very local type of pub, and about 12 of us went in. No problem getting served, but we were advised to keep the noise down as the locals were watching RTE Nationwide on the TV LOL

As some one mentioned above, get in early and set up shop in a place before 8 or 9. With that large a crowd though, I can see you getting hassle at times.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 10:01am

dress the stag up as an orangeman
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 10:13am
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

LOLClap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 10:23am
Lad I know from work is getting married so his dual best men and are in the process of organising his stag.

We all got invited to a whatapps group, and one the guys (Gay as Christmas) in it suggested (even though the best men had already said we were planning on Galway)
"Why don't we go to Kerry as we can do a nice tour of the ring "

He was rightly told that this was a stag weekend not a old lady holiday

LOL

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 10:36am

I was on a Stag in Galway and the lad getting married was made wear a Union Jack suit. Everything was decked out in the Union Jack. The suit jacket, the shirt, the tie, the trousers, the socks, the shoes. There was even a Union Jack bowler hat. Walking up the town in the middle of the day and the amount of looks he was getting. Sitting in a pub and you could see some lads looking over and it obvious they weren't happy about it. A few lads started saying it then as the day wore on and more drink was taken. He went home about 6ish to get changed because if he wore it out for the night there is no doubt in my ind he would have got killed!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 10:51am

I was on a Stag in Galway and the lad getting married was made wear a Union Jack suit. Everything was decked out in the Union Jack. The suit jacket, the shirt, the tie, the trousers, the socks, the shoes. There was even a Union Jack bowler hat. Walking up the town in the middle of the day and the amount of looks he was getting. Sitting in a pub and you could see some lads looking over and it obvious they weren't happy about it. A few lads started saying it then as the day wore on and more drink was taken. He went home about 6ish to get changed because if he wore it out for the night there is no doubt in my ind he would have got killed!

LOL
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 11:01am
A tour of the ring on a Kerry stag do haha. Good luck to prising 30 hungover lads away from the rollover pints and the days sport on the tele. hungover stag do day 2 pints are up there with airport pints and friday afternoon pints for the craic. 

Pint 1 - feel like a big lump of aids. wretching.
pint 2 - still a struggle
pint 3 - starting to feel human
pint 4/sh*t 1 - absolutely wired top of the world hangover gone. walking around pub like vince mcmahon
pint 5 with big feed - feel like sh*t again need a nap.
few shots/shorts and another poo - back in the game

Cue various other ups and downs over the next 10 hours boozing. 

Also I am trying to source those "lest we forget" adidas sambas for a derry lad in the office as his secret santa gift. Any help would be really appreciated :) really struggling here none in the poppy online store

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 11:02am

I thought Carlingford was brutal for a stag. Nowhere stayed open late on the Friday and even on the Saturday there is only one place that could even loosely be described as a nightclub. The place is claustrophobically small although there’s fook all to see anyway. One of the boozers was alright admittedly and had a pool table but there was nothing else going on. Plus by pure chance, my missus’ Mam was in town for the Saturday evening with a couple of her pals which, while not strictly the fault of Carlingford per say, was still a load of bollox from my perspective.

I like a bit of a drunken exploration around the city centre bars during the afternoon to take in a few of the sights and stay lively on the toes. Preferably in a relatively exotic or cosmopolitan surrounding. Carlingford fulfils neither of those criteria.

While not wanting to rain on your party, which it almost certainly literally will, it’s a terrible location and you’re going to have a poxy time. All the best
El Puto Amo
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 11:15am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I thought Carlingford was brutal for a stag. Nowhere stayed open late on the Friday and even on the Saturday there is only one place that could even loosely be described as a nightclub. The place is claustrophobically small although there’s fook all to see anyway. One of the boozers was alright admittedly and had a pool table but there was nothing else going on. Plus by pure chance, my missus’ Mam was in town for the Saturday evening with a couple of her pals which, while not strictly the fault of Carlingford per say, was still a load of bollox from my perspective.

I like a bit of a drunken exploration around the city centre bars during the afternoon to take in a few of the sights and stay lively on the toes. Preferably in a relatively exotic or cosmopolitan surrounding. Carlingford fulfils neither of those criteria.

While not wanting to rain on your party, which it almost certainly literally will, it’s a terrible location and you’re going to have a poxy time. All the best

LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
  Share Topic