Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=45011
Printed Date: 01 May 2024 at 12:03am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Stag
Posted By: kevjreilly
Subject: Stag
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 8:59am
Organising the brothers stag for next April. I am sure there was a something up before about it but looking for suggestions. 

Wanting to go to Europe but staying away from Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin and those kinda main places. Was thinking Hamburg, Krakow or somewhere else in Poland. Was in Torun for the Euros and loved it but maybe a bit small for a stag. What did people make of Gdansk and Poznan (if you can remember) or is there somewhere else like Lodz or Gydina?

Any other suggestions welcome.

-------------
Read it 3 times before posting

Replies:
Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 9:01am
Krakow is an amazing city. And at that time of year the weather will be good. 

Im convinced they send the ugly birds to Ireland and keep all the crackers at home. And that's saying something Heart

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 9:05am
Krakow will be full of English stags.
Hamburg is a filthy place full of whore houses etc...and is a lot worse than Amsterdam.

My recommendation is Budapest.
It's cheap, it's cheap to get there, the women are unreal, and there is great night-life in the clubs along the Danube.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 9:09am
My mate has his in Bratislava a few months back, all you need, good food, cheap pints,paintball, strip clubs Thumbs Up

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 9:15am
hamburg is deadly HB obviously caught it on a bad weekend !
budapest is great as well, can be fierce cheap if you get into the right bars.
wouldnt go to poznan again unless it was hosting another tournament

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 9:15am
Poznan would be a good shout............. cheap, compact and "irish friendly"....

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 9:17am
Was in Krakow after the Euros, only for 1 night but was brilliant. passed thru Bratislava the next day, didnt stop mind, but it looked like a kip.
Great strip clubs in Krakow too

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 9:21am
I dont know how anyone can recommend Poznan or Bratislava.Both sh*t holes imo.Couldnt wait to get out of them after staying one night in each.

Budapest by a country mile.beautiful city with the nicest women ive ever come across.great spot

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 9:25am
Check where the cheap flights go. Dusseldorf a great spot too and easy with Ryanair, same as Antwerp if you fly into Brussel South or Eindhoven with Ryanair. Both only an hour away. Great beer and food, and cheap enough. Plus not savaged yet by the large crowds of stags/hens like in Prague etc.

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 9:28am
Watford, cheap women and cracking drink.Wink

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 9:28am
was on a stag in antwerp and it was brilliant , dusseldorf another great call from steve , the old town is full of bars

-------------

Posted By: eire32
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 9:48am
Tallinn

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 9:52am
Going to Budapest tomorrow, anyone ever stayed in the Retox Party Hostel?

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 10:30am
One of the best stags I was on we went to Bristol.Its cheap to fly to and its a nice small city,all the bars and clubs are a few minutes walk apart.Locals were also sound.

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 11:15am
Tallinn is a great shout.

I know I was on a stag a few years ago that rented three boats on the shannon for four days and it was great craic. The nightlife wasn't the best but we did end up gatecrashing a thirtieth birthday party in a pub which was quite random.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 11:24am
Cheers lads, been to Krakow 4 times myself including my own stag and love the place but would rather do something different for him. Was in Budapest years ago and liked it. Silly question but is ther estrip clubs etc.
Hamburg maybe out as the flight home is 10.30 amAngry

I enjoyed Talinn but not so sure for a stag. No offence but wanted to go further afield than england.
May look into Bratislava

-------------

Posted By: londonirish
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 11:25am
Brno

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 11:28am
Sisters fiancees stag is next month weddings in spain so staying here for the stag

Doing footee during the day but looking for suggestions in town for heading out

I dont really head out much in town anymore looking for suggestions

Harrys on the green maybe?

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 11:29am
Seriously, if you are going to Germany, have a look at lufthansa flights - free beer the whole way.

You tend to need to book them as return flights though, otherwise they quote ludicrous prices.

-------------

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 11:39am
Would you consider Munich kev?

Great beer and food and the Germans are good craic.

They are also mad for their strip clubs and brothels.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 11:39am
Dusseldorf would be good for a stag.Some very good pubs/clubs and accommodation and flights should be good value.

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 11:42am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Would you consider Munich kev?

Great beer and food and the Germans are good craic.

They are also mad for their strip clubs and brothels.

A good spot alright, but should be noted that Ryanair airport is well over an hour away from city centre and bouncers can be right ****s too, didnt get into a club there last summer cause we were too old! 29ffs when we argued with him he threatened to kill us!

Posted By: JUICEBOMB
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 11:45am
Eindhoven and dusseldorf are great shouts Kev.....been to both and they'll be far better than Bratislava(it'll be full of English stags) Gothenburg is another brilliant city but can be tricky to get to

-------------
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 11:52am
Would not head to Bratislava.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 12:05pm
I'm spending a couple of nights in Dusseldorf in September - will report back.

-------------

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 12:06pm
Prague or Budapest would be my recommendations. Both great place. Was at a stag in Vilnius, Lithuania last year. Was a great spot too, cheap booze, food and the birds are tidy also.

Stay away from Bratislava. Absolute dump.

Posted By: PaulMcGrath5
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 12:07pm
Munich is quality. Has everything you need for a stag, deadly pubs, clubs, strip clubs etc open 24 hours pretty much and you could even try get a match in if yis wanted to do that. 

And the women as with most places in Europe are amazing.

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 12:08pm
Bratislava is a complete kip. Stay away.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 12:14pm
Going to one in Krakow in August and was there for a couple of nights recently, great spot. But as you've been there plenty of times.

The stand out suggested destination is Budapest. I Haven't been, but I've heard good things hot country, hot women, good nightlife and it's very cheap what more do you want??

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 12:17pm
Dont go to to Bratislava, the people are complete ****s.

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 12:19pm
Ye a couple of my mates have been to stags in budapest couldnt speak more highly of it

Bratislava is a hole

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 12:23pm
It's true that I've only heard good things about Budapest. I was in Krakow last year for a few days and it is a great spot but it can be a little seedy - we heard the words "strip club" from randomers every fifteen seconds walking through the main part of town at night.

-------------

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 12:49pm
I heard Budapest should be avoided for a Stags as the locals are dodgy?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056175937" rel="nofollow - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056175937

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 12:52pm
Right 3 choices seem to be Munich, Budapest and Dusseldorf.

Think Budapest looks class. Lots of cool activities and the aul turkish baths. I think he has been to Dusseldork once or twice as we had relations there for a while so Munich will be the second choice.

Was looking up hostels in Budapest one had the tag line 'You have plenty of time to sleep when your dead so we suggest you dont waste the time doing that here' Has me sold

-------------

Posted By: JohnnyD87
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 12:59pm
Just got bk from stag in budapest was class. Easy to do aload of activities, turkish baths worth checkin out. Advise you to sort a bar guide out for wen u get there, they can take u to the decent watering holes. There is no city centre so wud advise you stay near the river. Was round the corner from an irish bar "becketts" and dnt tink you can go to wrong wit that location

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 12:59pm
The Turkish baths in Budapest are the best hangover cure ever

Posted By: WindBag
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Krakow will be full of English stags.
Hamburg is a filthy place full of whore houses etc...and is a lot worse than Amsterdam.

My recommendation is Budapest.
It's cheap, it's cheap to get there, the women are unreal, and there is great night-life in the clubs along the Danube.

+1....been here for my own stag and was there on a gaa trip 2 yrs ago...both awesome trips!

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by kevjreilly kevjreilly wrote:

Think Budapest looks class. Lots of cool activities and the aul turkish baths. I think he has been to Dusseldork once or twice as we had relations there for a while so Munich will be the second choice.

Was looking up hostels in Budapest one had the tag line 'You have plenty of time to sleep when your dead so we suggest you dont waste the time doing that here' Has me sold

Think thats the Retox Hostel, I'm going there tomorrow, the reviews on hostelworld are gas

-------------

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 2:31pm
Budapest is quality, salzburg may remember the name of the bar we went to there but was voted third best in the world, it was clasClap

Posted By: The Saint
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 2:32pm
Was in Budapest before and it's a class spot.
Stopping there en route to Vienna in September

-------------
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

I've been to Hamburg 3 times - twice for a stag and once for a wedding.

It's the biggest sh*t hole I was ever in - I had a good time but some of things I saw were bizzarre.

Some skin head oul one boobs hanging out having a piss on the footpath at 2 in the day.

Went into one of those peep shows at 1 in the day where you paid 50 cent in and some tramp standing on a wooden box dancing looking for here hole for about 20 euro.

Absolute cretin of yolk. It was both funny and surreal to honest.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 3:07pm

I've been to Hamburg 3 times - twice for a stag and once for a wedding.

It's the biggest sh*t hole I was ever in - I had a good time but some of things I saw were bizzarre.

Some skin head oul one boobs hanging out having a piss on the footpath at 2 in the day.

Went into one of those peep shows at 1 in the day where you paid 50 cent in and some tramp standing on a wooden box dancing looking for here hole for about 20 euro.

Absolute cretin of yolk. It was both funny and surreal to honest.

The Reeperbahn is a mental spot alright. Rest of the town is nice enough though.

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 3:12pm
Some of the hookers in Herbertstraße were absolutely stunning

Well worth a visit.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

The Turkish baths in Budapest are the best hangover cure ever

Did them last December.
Outdoor when it was -5.

Posted By: londonirish
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 3:23pm
Budapest is a great town but you do need to do your research before you go. As people have mentioned there's no obvious central point. Along the river is good fun but from memory the bars and boat clubs were not stag friendly. I guess it depends on the group.

The student district is in my opinion the best area to head to if you want good underground bars (or "ruin" bars) and sound locals. These were ex-communist drinking holes back in the day and it's when the younger student type will be found. You'll get no hassle here.

If you want to spend a weekend in an irish pub (as some will sadly do) then you wont have to look far!

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 4:05pm
Budapest just sounds better, I've to organise a stags once my mate ever gets around to proposing, think I'll pick Budapest. Be good to hear your reviews of the place Kev

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 4:14pm
If you do get to Budapest make sure to check out the Borozo's, they are cellar bars that sell wine by the half litre for buttons and your sure to meet some of the local "characters". Usually found on a street corner and easy spotted by a lantern with a  picture of a bunch of grapes on it. Oh and dont mind the purple bearded old lads knocking about outside.

The Gellart has excellent sauna/baths........and if your interested in history you should check out the museum of terror located in the former HQ of the communist secret police, quiet an eerie place....

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Think thats the Retox Hostel, I'm going there tomorrow, the reviews on hostelworld are gas

Let me know what its like, the one I seen wasnt the Retox, see the  http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Grandio-Party-Hostel/Budapest/42307?dateFrom=11+Apr+2014&dateTo=13+Apr+2014&sc_sau=avdc&sc_pos=1" rel="nofollow - http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Grandio-Party-Hostel/Budapest/42307?dateFrom=11+Apr+2014&dateTo=13+Apr+2014&sc_sau=avdc&sc_pos=1

From the sounds of it this will be the best option as I have done Hamburg and Poland so somewhere new is good for me and the bro wont care once he is drunk.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Budapest just sounds better, I've to organise a stags once my mate ever gets around to proposing, think I'll pick Budapest. Be good to hear your reviews of the place Kev

yeah i will. its not till maybe march/april next yer just getting the work in early as I have loads on coming up to christmas.

There seems to be load of activities as well:

http://www.stagheavenbudapest.com/" rel="nofollow - http://www.stagheavenbudapest.com/

http://www.pissup.com/budapest/" rel="nofollow - http://www.pissup.com/budapest/

http://www.budapestmadness.com/en/stagpranks/" rel="nofollow - http://www.budapestmadness.com/en/stagpranks/

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

If you do get to Budapest make sure to check out the Borozo's, they are cellar bars that sell wine by the half litre for buttons and your sure to meet some of the local "characters". Usually found on a street corner and easy spotted by a lantern with a  picture of a bunch of grapes on it. Oh and dont mind the purple bearded old lads knocking about outside.

The Gellart has excellent sauna/baths........and if your interested in history you should check out the museum of terror located in the former HQ of the communist secret police, quiet an eerie place....

Cheers

-------------

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Justice get a bird?

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 4:48pm

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Let me know what its like, the one I seen wasnt the Retox, see the  http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Grandio-Party-Hostel/Budapest/42307?dateFrom=11+Apr+2014&dateTo=13+Apr+2014&sc_sau=avdc&sc_pos=1" rel="nofollow - http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Grandio-Party-Hostel/Budapest/42307?dateFrom=11+Apr+2014&dateTo=13+Apr+2014&sc_sau=avdc&sc_pos=1

From the sounds of it this will be the best option as I have done Hamburg and Poland so somewhere new is good for me and the bro wont care once he is drunk.

Ye I'll let you know what it's like, mates are there at the moment and are saying its great craic.

-------------

Posted By: Jackthelad
Date Posted: 02 May 2014 at 11:21am
Well lads, doing a bit of research into this myself.
Munich was the 1 that has jumped to the top of the queue in my mind for no particular reason other than I love Germany, brilliant place IMO.
Did kev report back on Budapest?
The advatage of Munich for me is it's easier to get to from shannon for us.
Wed be going in the summertime so weather would be good aswell.
Anybody with stories to tell good or bad? Or other suggestions? It's early days in the planning.
Is it seedy like hamburg and Frankfurt are? I'd prefer if they weren't if I'm honest! The drink will be the attraction.

-------------
Oh Poland we loved you.....

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 02 May 2014 at 11:26am
Went a few years ago to the Oktoberfest so spent most of the time there.

Lovely city though. The beerhalls are class. No, not a seedy vibe like Hamburg. Very different.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 02 May 2014 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

Munich was the 1 that has jumped to the top of the queue in my mind for no particular reason other than I love Germany, brilliant place IMO.
Anybody with stories to tell good or bad? Or other suggestions? It's early days in the planning.
Is it seedy like hamburg and Frankfurt are? I'd prefer if they weren't if I'm honest! The drink will be the attraction.

The stag Kev is organising is on in Dublin next weekend. So he won't have info on Budapest.
Munich is a great city, although door staff can be serious ballbags in some places.
Make sure you're not flying Ryanair to Munich as it's over an hour from the city.

Posted By: Just saying like
Date Posted: 02 May 2014 at 11:40am

Essen?

-------------
I don't know what more we can do in terms of being open and transparent - John Delaney

Date Posted: 02 May 2014 at 11:47am
Munich is a very good city and is fairy good value for food and drink.Accommodation will be very reasonable and flights are usually around €150.Nice beer halls to head to and a few breweries close by.Its not as seedy as Hamburg.If you want to kill a bit of time head to the BMW museum.
Heading over again for the Oktoberfest this year,its class.

EDIT:
Is there direct flights from Shannon to Munich?Make sure its Munich Airport and not the Ryabair version.
Train direct from the airport to HBF and get group tickets(6 passengers) they work out much cheaper.

Date Posted: 02 May 2014 at 11:50am
Budapest is a quality place to visit.

Dirt cheap and the women are unreal.

I went there on a stag and it was a great spot, definitely recommend it.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 02 May 2014 at 11:52am
What's Lahinch like Jack? Off there tomorrow on a stag. Any live music in the pubs in the evening? A bit of that and we'll be happy.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 May 2014 at 11:56am

Budapest is a quality place to visit.

Dirt cheap and the women are unreal.

I went there on a stag and it was a great spot, definitely recommend it.

Couldnt recommend Budapest enough, wasnt there on a stag but was there last summer and it was unreal. The baths are some spot for throwing the sunglasses on and having a creep. They throw parties in some of the baths on Saturday nights so I'd say they are mental, we left midweek so never got to go. It's a lovely city as well. Taxi drivers have next to no English so make sure you know where you want to go as they'll be fcuk all help.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 May 2014 at 11:57am
Ya lahinch is good in good weather, gets the crowds.
Ya there will def be music if you look around which would take 10 minutes as it's quite small!
Ye could stop in ennistymon on ye're way (2km away and on ye're way I'd imagine) and stop at Eugene's, quality bar and worth the stop. Small, cosy, often a dog panned out inside there. Was there a few weeks ago, as I said worth the stop.

As for other lads feedback, cheers.
I was looking at ryanair and ya that airport is a joke like Hahn for Frankfurt. I'd say we'l end up doing shannon - stansted and into the proper airport instead. Starting and ending in shannon is crucial, 15 minutes from home and we'l be f**ked on the way home.
I was in Munich on a school tour years ago, liked it and we've the seedy sh*t done before so doesn't appeal to me, that's why I thought munich.
Cheers for feedback lads.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 May 2014 at 12:03pm
Cheers Jack. I'll pass on the info about Ennistymon.

Having to get up at 4:30am to get a flight to Shannon

Jack have you looked into Berlin? That's a quality city for the beer.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 May 2014 at 12:31pm
Heading to Omagh for a stag tomorrow.Some adventure cent re place Dead and then into town.Whats the town like ,good pubs etc ?

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 02 May 2014 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Heading to Omagh for a stag tomorrow.Some adventure cent re place Dead and then into town.Whats the town like ,good pubs etc ?

Jaysis. Do yis not like the fella or something?

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 02 May 2014 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

LOL
It was his idea to go there.Strange one but its too late now to change it.

Date Posted: 02 May 2014 at 12:41pm

LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 02 May 2014 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Cheers Jack. I'll pass on the info about Ennistymon.

Having to get up at 4:30am to get a flight to Shannon

Jack have you looked into Berlin? That's a quality city for the beer.

Ya thats definitely an option too. Its early days but Im thinking Germany alrite. 

-------------

Date Posted: 02 May 2014 at 1:00pm
Hey, we actually went Dusseldorf instead of Budapest Vin.

A great city I have to say, the main area with all the bars was great craic. Lots of dirfferent beers to try and all brewed locally. Decent prices for the local stuff. Nightlife is good as well. Few bits to do during the day as well, few of the lads went to a Fortuna game. Rest did a boat trip, €12 all you can eat and drink on a 2 hour trip down the Rhine.

Defo recommend for a stag of 20 or so. Never had a bother getting in anywhere

-------------

Posted By: Mulvanystrasse
Date Posted: 02 May 2014 at 1:06pm

Best city in Germany, great beer and beautiful women. Also home to a football club that wear red and have been champions of Europe 5 times.

Date Posted: 02 May 2014 at 1:37pm
Aye Dusseldorf is a top spot. There's a reason plenty of lads went there when we were in Cologne. I was there for a piss up (~48 hours) in September and it's a great spot.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 May 2014 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

Best city in Germany, great beer and beautiful women. Also home to a football club that wear red and have been champions of Europe 5 times.

Ha, I'm sold

-------------

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 02 May 2014 at 1:59pm

I'm getting hitched next April so looking for suggestions also. Dusseldorf sounds a right spot.

Been to Budapest recently. Highly reccomend it. The Jewish Quarter has some savage bars, dirt cheap and savage women.

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 02 May 2014 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I'm getting hitched next April so looking for suggestions also. Dusseldorf sounds a right spot.

Been to Budapest recently. Highly reccomend it. The Jewish Quarter has some savage bars, dirt cheap and savage women.
So savage women you say , any ideas when you plan the divorce ?

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 05 May 2014 at 1:32pm

Heading to Omagh for a stag tomorrow.Some adventure centre place Dead and then into town.Whats the town like ,good pubs etc ?

LOL
It was his idea to go there.Strange one but its too late now to change it.

It was actually a decent night out ,went to 3 or 4 different pubs and was a bit of craic.

Date Posted: 05 May 2014 at 1:37pm

Hey, we actually went Dusseldorf instead of Budapest Vin.

A great city I have to say, the main area with all the bars was great craic. Lots of dirfferent beers to try and all brewed locally. Decent prices for the local stuff. Nightlife is good as well. Few bits to do during the day as well, few of the lads went to a Fortuna game. Rest did a boat trip, €12 all you can eat and drink on a 2 hour trip down the Rhine.

Defo recommend for a stag of 20 or so. Never had a bother getting in anywhere

Good stuff. Off to Dusseldorf on a stag in 3 weeks

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 05 May 2014 at 2:11pm
Has anybody been to a stags in Madrid? Think I'm having mine there in October. I've been to Barcelona a few times and I love the place but I've only spent a few hours in Madrid during the day and I was hungover to bits and didn't do anything.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 05 May 2014 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Has anybody been to a stags in Madrid? Think I'm having mine there in October. I've been to Barcelona a few times and I love the place but I've only spent a few hours in Madrid during the day and I was hungover to bits and didn't do anything.

brilliant place , open all night , you'll enjoy it, expensive to get a match in at the bernebeu though

-------------

Date Posted: 05 May 2014 at 2:35pm

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

brilliant place , open all night , you'll enjoy it, expensive to get a match in at the bernebeu though

I was in Madrid a few years back and really enjoyed it .I thought it was a much better city than Barcelona.

Posted By: nafianna
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 8:40pm
Stags in Budapest booked for Aug Lads, happy out as only read the above now.

Heard one/two horror stories of being locked in clubs until mad money is paid? Is this over hyped or do ye really need check up on places before going.

Theres 28 booked and in for it, is that too many, should we get guide etc?

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 3:00pm
Off to Madrid for my stag on Friday - 24 of us off. A lot more than I figured would travel. Not sure the lads have much planned other than drink for 2 days, no football in the city (Atletico play as we fly home Sunday night).

Any tips on bars/clubs/squares/streets that are a bit lively?

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 3:48pm

Off to Madrid for my stag on Friday - 24 of us off. A lot more than I figured would travel. Not sure the lads have much planned other than drink for 2 days, no football in the city (Atletico play as we fly home Sunday night).

loads of pubs/clubs around Puerta del Sol and Gran Via .Both of those area's will be very busy and are right in the city centre.

Posted By: Barna Bee
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 4:46pm
don't actually bother hitting these clubs until at least 1am .....if you do they will be empty and you will look like a bunch of rookies ....the night will be long enough without starting to get p1ssed too early , eat well and don't expect to be getting back to your accommodation until about 6am.

-------------
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 12:56pm
Benidorm - tacky, cheap as chips, €1 a pint, buckie on tap, all you can eat buffet of english fanny..........stag heaven. Not for hipster wankas....... 

-------------

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 2:04pm

Had my stags in Madrid last October. Brialliant city, basically just drank for the first two days and did a few touristy things on the last day. Around Puerto del Sol is very lively, full of bars and clubs on the side streets off it. We stayed on Gran Via which is near everything. Very cheap but very basic accomodation. The booze and food is cheap also. We were buying buckets of beer in most places. 6 bottles for €12 if I remember correctly.

Rayo Vallecano and Getafe are also in Madrid, check if either of those are at home that weekend.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 4:29pm
Actually misread that as "bucket of English fanny".

Same deal really.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 9:45am
Any tips for how to get rid of a black eye fast?

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 9:50am

Any tips for how to get rid of a black eye fast?

Ice pack and plenty of vitamin c in your diet. There is no fast way other than disguising it with makeup. Arnica is good for getting the swelling down. You get yourself in a rumble at the weekend? Did ye win?

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: Deane
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 10:16am
Not the easiest thing to disguise and you always feel like a scumbag when you have one haha. Hope it clears up soon for you. 

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 1:04pm
Cheers. Yeah "joking" slap from one of the lads! No swelling but nice little black and blue line under the eye.

Been told to try everything from Potato to teabags to Cucumber on it!

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 3:25pm
Get a black marker and color in the rest of your face. Job done

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Suppose you could also try wearing a balaclava if this fails. Or a pair of sunglasses, or both. 

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 4:31pm
Or put a patch over it and buy a parrot

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Suppose you could also try wearing a balaclava if this fails. Or a pair of sunglasses, or both. 

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

that's a fine Bally

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

LOL

Posted By: Cotsy
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 9:45pm
Going to be booking my own stag in next few days. Based on reviews here and ppl I know I'm almost defo going to Budapest.

Anyone any recommendations on a good and cheap hostel close to the action. Not a sh*t hole but a hostel nonetheless.

Going in March...any idea of the weather that time of year?

-------------
Bohs Till I Die

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Cotsy Cotsy wrote:

Going to be booking my own stag in next few days. Based on reviews here and ppl I know I'm almost defo going to Budapest.

Anyone any recommendations on a good and cheap hostel close to the action. Not a sh*t hole but a hostel nonetheless.

Going in March...any idea of the weather that time of year?

Honestly, if you are on the case early you can get a cheap hotel at a decent price. We paid about £50 each for 2 nights in an Ibis styles close to the city centre.

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 10:16pm

A group of us stayed in Wombats hostel when we stayed there. Done the job fine.

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 1:58pm
Stayed in a wombats in Vienna and Munich and they were both grand spots.

-------------

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 8:59am
http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/lying-best-man-spends-8k-he-collected-for-prague-stag-do-on-himself-leaving-group-stranded-at-airport-34976830.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/lying-best-man-spends-8k-he-collected-for-prague-stag-do-on-himself-leaving-group-stranded-at-airport-34976830.html

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net