Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 238>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 1:31pm
good sky sports link for Palace Spurs.go to full screen to get rid of ads  

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 3:54pm
Good result that for spurs. Theyve done some good business this ssummer. I'd be very optimistic if I were a fan, whatever happens with bale
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 4:37pm
Good opening weekend win for Spurs. A typical AVB 1-0 performance. Paulinho was brilliant and Capoue looked very good when he came on. Paulinho, Dembele & Capoue fighting for two places should be interesting. Chadli was quiet in the first half but seemed to grow in confidence as the game went on. Soldado did well also with some nice touches/link up play and took his penalty well. All in all very pleased with all the new faces seeming to have settled in straight away.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 6:35pm
Spurs will finish top 3 this year, and if they can have a solid start to the campaign they will not be far away from United and City in the title chase. AVB has done serious work there in just over a year - anybody remember the spurs fans turning on him in the first home game of last season? Got to love football supporters Smile
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 6:03pm
Willian deal appears sewn up , on to Erik Lamela now !
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 6:24pm
Barna Bee must be shootin the load
Mr.Mojo Risin' View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 7:02pm
AVB must be under serious pressure to get at least top 4 this season. Having broken Spurs transfer record 3 times this summer I would suspect Levy would expect - and have every right to - them not to be too far behind the trio of Chelsea, City and Utd. Thought they might stregthen a bit in defence. Promising times for them though.
Ahh heya!
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Barna Bee must be shootin the load

Hard to blame any Spurs fan for creaming themselves - Paulinho , Capoue , Soldado , Willian , Chadli & the possibility of Lamela & Coantrao , the corollary of course will in all probability be the loss of Bale.

Edited by deiseblue - 21 Aug 2013 at 7:10pm
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 3:15am
Levy seems to be doing things weirdly. He seems to have spent the Bale money before getting it in. He seems to trust the bearded one though!!
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 3:49am
Levy is either very stupid by spending the money before he gets it or very clever by acting now having been guaranteed the Madrid cash. I would go for the latter. Bale will be sold to Madrid and Spurs have done some extremely good business. He is ridiculously over valued.
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 6:55am
Or maybe we are going to keep Bale too !!!!! Or maybe not :-(

Edited by Barna Bee - 22 Aug 2013 at 7:05am
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 8:04am
Levy is so shrewd.  No way he would be spending money the club didn't have.  Some great business done so far and still a bit more to do i think before the window closes.

Would like to see a LB & a CB come in although with Kaboul back to full fitness this season he is like a new signing and also Capoue can play CB if need be.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 8:16am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Levy is either very stupid by spending the money before he gets it or very clever by acting now having been guaranteed the Madrid cash. I would go for the latter. Bale will be sold to Madrid and Spurs have done some extremely good business. He is ridiculously over valued.

I think Levy has done great business and in the right manner too. If, and it's a big if, they were to hold onto Bale then I believe Spurs would be challenging the big 3 but even without Bale (looks a dead cert now) Spurs are gonna be serious force this year.
Also if Levy waited for the Bale deal to go through to do business then you could add 4/5 mill on to every signings price tag as everyone would know the have a 100mill in the bank. Levy always does good business, always supports his coaches financially and it's not Like Joe Lewis can't afford to splash 120 odd mill on players.
Good luck to them.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 8:40am
They are in a great position. They can spend 120m to improve the squad massively.
If Bale leaves, his fee gets back most of the cash.
If he stays, they have a seriously strong team to challenge the top 3.
They can always sell their prized asset next year if they miss out on champions league and will still pick up a mega fee for Bale so as said, they are in a great position because of the value of Their prized asset Bale.

Edited by t_rAndy - 22 Aug 2013 at 8:41am
MJD View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 9:47am
Bale will leave, I'm pretty certain, but Christ there's been some good business done there this summer. If Coentrao goes in as part of the Bale deal I'm pretty sure Topman (as El Nino calls them) will get 3rd. There'll be no touching City and Chelsea this season but, as much as it pains me to say it, Topman will probably lay claim to the next best this year - barring massive transfers at OT or the Emirates.
17 International Caps
16 International Goals
COYFIG
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by MJD MJD wrote:

Bale will leave, I'm pretty certain, but Christ there's been some good business done there this summer. If Coentrao goes in as part of the Bale deal I'm pretty sure Topman (as El Nino calls them) will get 3rd. There'll be no touching City and Chelsea this season but, as much as it pains me to say it, Topman will probably lay claim to the next best this year - barring massive transfers at OT or the Emirates.

LOL Will ya ever fcuk off with your Topman sh*te!!!

KevinM View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 4:47pm
tottenham el game on tv anywhere?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 5:17pm
Game is on ITV4
already a goal up away to Tbilisi .Townsend scored on a break away
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 238>
  Share Topic