Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 238>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 9:54am

Anybody else think we should take the quoted £85M for Bale - if we can get Modric as part of the deal, get Soldado and one other striker I think we would be a better team for it.

Bale is definitely at his peak value right now - I rate him highly but not in the same league as Messi, Ronaldo

Sponsored Links

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 9:57am
levy is playing poker , fair play to him
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 10:17am
I'm more concerned for Barna Bee's welfare.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
ShannonHibs10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Can't resist used french letters

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShannonHibs10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 10:32am
Originally posted by ZinedineKibane ZinedineKibane wrote:

Anybody else think we should take the quoted £85M for Bale - if we can get Modric as part of the deal, get Soldado and one other striker I think we would be a better team for it.

Bale is definitely at his peak value right now - I rate him highly but not in the same league as Messi, Ronaldo

First of all, there is no way Modric would go back to Spurs. He would not take a step backwards in terms of his career. He was very good for Madrid towards the end of last season and you would assume he will look to improve on that and cement a regular first team place for Madrid this season.

Secondly, Spurs should not sell Bale to Madrid this season. Spurs look to be on the verge on signing Soldado. They already have 2 new signings in and are close to signing a promising young Romanian defender too in Vlad Chiriches.

If Spurs want to get Champions league football they need to hold on to Bale for this season. They were very close last season with Bale so to sell him would be a massive step in the wrong direction. With the new players and probably Soldado they will be in a much better position to get Champions league football.

Sell him next year with Champions league football got. They will be a more attractive option to potential new players of a higher calibre playing Champions league football than if they were in the Europa League.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 10:34am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I'm more concerned for Barna Bee's welfare.

He'll have a feckin heart attack
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
skippy87 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 10:51pm
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 11:36pm
On the costa , staying hammered , probably better for my health , give me coffee when's its all over
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 12:28pm
Good to see the Saldado deal is finally done and dusted (well subject of him passing a medical).

Deal is apparently very close also for a Romanian CB from Steua Bucharest.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 2:08pm
Spurs have a long term replacement for Bale lined up anyway 

Irish U19 International Kenneth McEvoy 

AKA pedantic kunt
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 2:11pm
I support Palace and was looking into getting tickets for the match. £45 a ticket and you have to buy a second one too. So £90 to see Palace, it's fecking Palace like.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Thats unbelievable!
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 2:33pm
LOL thats feckin mental
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Thats unbelievable!
Jaysus thats like a small zoo
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 2:37pm
Yeah , the uncanny resemblance has been all over the UK papers.

More tellingly he has appeared in a number of pre season friendlies for a Spurs X1 made up of seasoned pros & up & coming players , he has also featured in the Daily Mail list of players to watch - a separate thread refers to this.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 4:47pm
I wouldn't be surprised to see Levy selling McEvoy for 100m as Bale.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 7:21pm
Harry redknapp is an absolute joke
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 8:22am
Speaking at an official Premier League launch event at a south London school on Thursday, Villas-Boas told those in attendance that he snubbed that interest to stay with Spurs.

Entering his second full season with Spurs after being dismissed by Chelsea after just nine months, Villas-Boas firmly stated that his future with the club was never in doubt:

I have been very welcomed, I have an excellent group of players, and the conditions and structures we have at Tottenham are fantastic and the arrival of Franco [Baldini] takes us to another level so these are things I had to measure...I have great respect for the club and for (chairman) Daniel (Levy) and these are the reasons the couple of clubs that came knocking I told them that I wasn't interested.

According to a report from Reuters, the two clubs which Villas-Boas spurned were Real Madrid and Paris Saint- Germain.
Real Madrid moved forward by hiring former PSG man Carlo Ancelotti as their new manager this summer, while the French club went with Laurent Blanc as Ancelotti's replacement at the Parc des Princes.

Of course, not everyone believes that the interest from the two European giants was substantial.

The 35-year-old Villas-Boas did guide Tottenham to a fifth-place finish in the Premier League table last season, just missing the top-four finish required to participate in Champions League football. The 72 points recorded by Spurs in the table were the most ever in club history.
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 11:56am
COYS

Be interesting to see AVB's starting XI today. Wonder how many debuts he will give out. Soldado and Paulinho are certainties I think.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 238>
  Share Topic